PDA

View Full Version : On Friday, Where We Are Today

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Basically a tie. Historically the Dems are way ahead at this point in time. The Republicans come from behind in late Sept, early October. It will be an interesting fall, no pun intended.

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Friday, August 08, 2008

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday again shows Barack Obama attracting 44% of the vote while and John McCain earns 43%. When "leaners" are included, it’s Obama 47% and McCain 46%. With leaners, the candidates have been within one point of each other for eight straight days (see recent daily results). Tracking Polls are released at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time each day...

red states rule
08-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Basically a tie. Historically the Dems are way ahead at this point in time. The Republicans come from behind in late Sept, early October. It will be an interesting fall, no pun intended.

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Rush was talking about how the liberal media are in a tizzy over why the messiah is not running away with this election

Perhaps they are overlooking the obvious answer - Obama stinks as a candidate

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Rush was talking about how the liberal media are in a tizzy over why the messiah is not running away with this election

Perhaps they are overlooking the obvious answer - Obama stinks as a candidate

That could be a reason. He lacks experience, for certain. Then there is his experience and exhortations to the crowds. While he claims to have been for the 'hoods' he was anything but. More importantly his wife was for the man. Now both exhort kids to skip high salaries and go for the local. They didn't and don't. They spend over 10k in presents/lessons for their own kids per year.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 01:11 PM
That could be a reason. He lacks experience, for certain. Then there is his experience and exhortations to the crowds. While he claims to have been for the 'hoods' he was anything but. More importantly his wife was for the man. Now both exhort kids to skip high salaries and go for the local. They didn't and don't. They spend over 10k in presents/lessons for their own kids per year.

and his arrogance Kathianne. He is talking about taking out the WH bowling alley and putting in a basketball court

I wonder if he will demand to make Saturday's Presidental radio address instead of Pres Bush

April15
08-08-2008, 02:47 PM

It is nice to have them close at this time of year. The VP will have a major impact, I think, in who will become president. Maybe the candidates will get on issues instead of high horses.

manu1959
08-08-2008, 02:55 PM
It is nice to have them close at this time of year. The VP will have a major impact, I think, in who will become president. Maybe the candidates will get on issues instead of high horses.

vp choice has never had an impact....

red states rule
08-08-2008, 03:19 PM
vp choice has never had an impact....

Look how well Pretty Boy Edwards helped Kerry

Did even carry his home state :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 04:04 PM

Glad you are enjoying it. It's abnormal. Truth is the Democrat should be way ahead, in any situation, but considering Bush's ratings, way ahead. Not happening. Maybe the fall will hold some changes in previous scenarios, but if I was a Demo leader, I'd be very concerned.

Joe Steel
08-08-2008, 04:43 PM

Rassmusen is little more than a Republican PR outlet. What's really significant is that they show Obama ahead at all. The slim lead they're showing means he's way ahead.

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Why does it matter where we "are" now? Polls are basically useless in August. Everything could change tomorrow, or next week, or next month.

April15
08-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Glad you are enjoying it. It's abnormal. Truth is the Democrat should be way ahead, in any situation, but considering Bush's ratings, way ahead. Not happening. Maybe the fall will hold some changes in previous scenarios, but if I was a Demo leader, I'd be very concerned.I am sure you have noticed how abnormal this presidential race has been so far. You are correct about the dems should be way ahead on Bush's numbers but people are wary of making their minds up too soon.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 04:49 PM
I am sure you have noticed how abnormal this presidential race has been so far. You are correct about the dems should be way ahead on Bush's numbers but people are wary of making their minds up too soon.

No they are wary of backing an arrogant tax and spend liberal