PDA

View Full Version : Edwards admits he is a scumbag er... he cheated on his wife (who has cancer)

actsnoblemartin
08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5441195&page=1

Edwards Admits Sexual Affair; Lied as Presidential Candidate

In ABC News Interview, Edwards Says He Cheated, but Did Not Father Child

John Edwards repeatedly lied during his Presidential campaign about an extra-marital affair with a novice film-maker, the former Senator admitted to ABC News today.

In an interview for broadcast tonight on Nightline, Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with 42-year old Rielle Hunter, but said that he did not love her.

glockmail
08-08-2008, 02:02 PM
He never fooled me for an instant. I always knew that he was a scum bag, and now he admits it.

midcan5
08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Is that anything like McCain's leaving the wife who raised his kids to marry money? Just asking.

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 02:06 PM

John Edwards repeatedly lied during his Presidential campaign about an extra-marital affair with a novice film-maker, the former Senator admitted to ABC News today.

In an interview for broadcast tonight on Nightline, Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with 42-year old Rielle Hunter, but said that he did not love her.

great find Martin. My guess is there will be some spin in the next minutes, hours before this airs.

Edwards is toast.

darin
Maybe his wife is a bitch? Who says he "cheated"? Maybe they had an "open marriage"? Wild speculation does nothing. Him having a kid outside his marriage is the LEAST important reason I don't care for him. :)

Him lying about it - that's worse than him doing it.

actsnoblemartin
Is that anything like McCain's leaving the wife who raised his kids to marry money? Just asking.

got any links to back that up, and do you condone edwards behavior?

I cant stand the hypocrisy of some democrats believe and act like they never do anything wrong

Little-Acorn
08-08-2008, 02:09 PM

Well, that seals Edwards' fate, for sure.

Now he will be elected President, and then re-elected in four years, just as that other lying adulterous Democrat was. Lucky for him he's a Democrat. If he'd been a Republican, he'd be kicked out of whatever job he has now and blacklisted from any political position for the rest of his life, even if he was later found innocent (which now seems unlikely).

Nice that we don't have to wonder any more, what will become of him.

P.S. Chalk up one more place where Ann Coulter is in trouble. She recently headed an article aboout Edwards "Only his hairdresser knows for sure", in a takeoff of an old TV commercial. But now far more people than that, know. So it's only a matter of time before the leftist kooks count this among her "lies".

darin
08-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Reading the link - He told his wife, and his wife seemingly forgave him, two years ago.

It's a non-news story - had he not lied about it later.

I cant stand the hypocrisy of some democrats believe and act like they never do anything wrong

Martin - relax. That user hates Men period. Also - that user has tried often to divert from the issue - as if McCain has ANYTHING to do with this story. It's a logical fallacy on part of that memer. :)

Little-Acorn
08-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Reading the link - He told his wife, and his wife seemingly forgave him, two years ago.

I read the link, and saw nothing about his wife forgiving him. It says she "became aware of the affair in 2006", nothing more. Perhaps the fact that she didn't kick his ass out and change the locks on the house, implies some sort of "forgiveness"? Or is is just more like "acceptance"?

BTW, does "forgiveness" include a permission that he can do it again all he wants, from then on? He appears to think so.

manu1959
08-08-2008, 02:33 PM

i thought dems were better than pubs.....are you saying all you all are scum too....

glockmail
08-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Well, that seals Edwards' fate, for sure.

Now he will be elected President, and then re-elected in four years, just as that other lying adulterous Democrat was. ......
:laugh2: I realize that you're being facetious here, but I can’t understand how anyone would trust this guy. He’s a fucking girlie-man. Remember that youtube with him and his hair. What a faggot. No one I know here in NC likes him.

SpidermanTUba
08-08-2008, 02:34 PM

Is Edwards still running for President?

Did he break the law by paying for the sex, like David Vitter?

manu1959
08-08-2008, 02:36 PM

nope he is just a liar....

actsnoblemartin
08-08-2008, 02:37 PM

he cheated on his wife, risking potential exposure to her or std's

were really going to get into a pissing contest about who is worse?

along as you acknowledge that your party is just as fucked up, as others, im happy... cause its the truth

darin
08-08-2008, 02:37 PM
I read the link, and saw nothing about his wife forgiving him. It says she "became aware of the affair in 2006", nothing more. Perhaps the fact that she didn't kick his ass out and change the locks on the house, implies some sort of "forgiveness"? Or is is just more like "acceptance"?

BTW, does "forgiveness" include a permission that he can do it again all he wants, from then on? He appears to think so.

What did I miss in the article? I read he told his wife of it in 2006. The presumption was the affair stopped. I know his wife didn't leave him. Forgiveness was assumed on my part.

The only thing I'd consider trouble is - IF he confessed and received forgiveness, why continue to visit her? (shrug). Even for reason OTHER than sex it's bad news.

actsnoblemartin
08-08-2008, 02:38 PM
nope he is just a liar....

bo but because he used the family money, (unless they didnt join finances) or sleeping with this woman, who may or may not have known he was married is better then sleeping with a prostatute?

that is some retarded thinking, atleast you see though it

republicans and conservatives are honest about fuck up, democrats, hide them under the rug, and pretend they are better then us

:coffee:

darin

along as you acknowledge that your party is just as fucked up, as others, im happy... cause its the truth

Has his wife cheated on HIM ever? There's MUCH more to cheating than breaking the vow to 'forsake all others.'

;)

midcan5

It was question, isn't it fair to compare scumbags? Since you asked here is a link, judge not lest you be judged. Or in this case, you take the low road and I'll take the low road. LOL

http://politicati.blogspot.com/2008/02/mccain-left-his-crippled-wife-for-25.html

hjmick

He didn't pat for it prior, but there are reports that she was paid hush money after.

Stings a bit when one of your falls, don't it?

Now as to the paternity of the child and the end of the affair, are we expected to believe him now?

manu1959
08-08-2008, 02:44 PM
bo but because he used the family money, (unless they didnt join finances) or sleeping with this woman, who may or may not have known he was married is better then sleeping with a prostatute?

that is some retarded thinking, atleast you see though it

republicans and conservatives are honest about fuck up, democrats, hide them under the rug, and pretend they are better then us

:coffee:

not quite.....

dems are always quick to claim the moral and intellectual high ground and be the critic.....then when found guilty of that which they condemn.....justify the behavior with the bad behavior of those which they despise....

theHawk
08-08-2008, 02:46 PM

Of course she "forgave" him, just like Hillary did with B.J.

After all, at that time her husband was still going to be running for President.

Little-Acorn
08-08-2008, 02:54 PM
:laugh2: I realize that you're being facetious here, but I can’t understand how anyone would trust this guy. He’s a fucking girlie-man. Remember that youtube with him and his hair. What a faggot. No one I know here in NC likes him.

And this is different from that other lying, adulterous Democrat how?

Facetious? How do you figure?
:dance:

SpidermanTUba
08-08-2008, 02:56 PM

I know how sex works. I'm pretty sure hookers carry a higher risk of having STD's than the general population

No need, the guy who breaks the law and cheats on his wife is obviously worse than the guy who cheats on his wife but doesn't break the law.

Since when is Edwards in the Green Party?

Little-Acorn
08-08-2008, 03:06 PM
A coupla particularly humorous aspects to this "confession".......

Edwards announced he wasn't the father of the woman's child. And the way he knew this, he said, was because the affair had ended before she got pregnant with the child, which was a year or more ago.

He said this literally in the same announcement, as when he said he met her in a hotel room just a few weeks ago and spent most of the night.

Is it just me? Or does anybody else find anything wrong with this picture?

Edwards was also so broken up and remorseful over what he had done and the lies he had told, that he couldn't wait to get to the press, make his announcements, and throw himself on the mercy of the listening populace... just two minutes AFTER Rush Limbaugh's radio program concluded on Friday, not to be back on the air for three days.

PostmodernProphet
08-08-2008, 03:29 PM
What did I miss in the article? I read he told his wife of it in 2006. The presumption was the affair stopped. I know his wife didn't leave him. Forgiveness was assumed on my part.

I'm confused....the kid in the picture didn't look two years old to me......

red states rule
08-08-2008, 03:31 PM
What a picture. Can they take the award back?

http://newsbusters.org/static/2008/08/EdwardsFOTY.jpg

SpidermanTUba
08-08-2008, 03:33 PM
What a picture. Can they take the award back?

http://newsbusters.org/static/2008/08/EdwardsFOTY.jpg

It says father of the year, not husband of the year.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 03:34 PM

I am sure his kids are proud right now. Just like his wife is

hjmick
08-08-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm confused....the kid in the picture didn't look two years old to me......

The kid was born in February of this year. One of Edwards' campaign staffers, also married, claims he is the father. Edwards claims his affair with the woman ended in 2006. Yet Edwards said the tabloid was correct when it reported on his meeting with the woman at the Beverly Hills Hotel last month.

Unless he takes a DNA test on national television to prove otherwise, he's the father and the affair didn't end when he said it did.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 03:41 PM
The kid was born in February of this year. One of Edwards' campaign staffers, also married, claims he is the father. Edwards claims his affair with the woman ended in 2006. Yet Edwards said the tabloid was correct when it reported on his meeting with the woman at the Beverly Hills Hotel last month.

Unless he takes a DNA test on national television to prove otherwise, he's the father and the affair didn't end when he said it did.

What does pretty Boy have to lose? He has already lost any respect, and trust he ever had

red states rule
08-08-2008, 04:15 PM
TWO AMERICA'S = TWO GIRLS?

Just like a liberal to care so much about themselves to go looking for some nookie on the side while their spouse is sick battling cancer.

crin63
08-08-2008, 04:37 PM
I know how sex works. I'm pretty sure hookers carry a higher risk of having STD's than the general population

You would have to admit though that there is a much greater likelihood of getting AIDS from a Democrat than a Republican right?

red states rule
08-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Edwards new campaign song

Oh well I'm the type of guy who will never settle down,
Where pretty girls are well you know that I'm around
I kiss 'em and I love 'em cause to me they're all the same
I hug 'em and I squeeze 'em they don't even know my name
They call me the wanderer , yeah I'm a wanderer,
I go around around around around

Well there's Moe on my left and Mary on my right,
And Janie is the girl well that I'll be with tonight,
And when she ask me which one I love the best,
I tear open my shirt and I show Rosie on my chest,
'Cause I'm a wanderer, yeah I'm a wanderer
I roam around around around around hmmm

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Says it all:

http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2008_08_03-2008_08_09.shtml#1218234858

[Jim Lindgren, August 8, 2008 at 7:10pm] Trackbacks
Edwards now suggests that he was "99% honest" when he lied.

The New York Times, Washington Post, and all the others have lifted the news blackout on John Edwards. It's worth noting that Edwards has the nerve to suggest that he was being "99% honest" when he lied about his affair.

Politico has Edwards's public statement:

STATEMENT OF SENATOR JOHN EDWARDS

August 8, 2008

Chapel Hill, North Carolina

In 2006, I made a serious error in judgment and conducted myself in a way that was disloyal to my family and to my core beliefs. I recognized my mistake and I told my wife that I had a liaison with another woman, and I asked for her forgiveness. Although I was honest in every painful detail with my family, I did not tell the public. When a supermarket tabloid told a version of the story, I used the fact that the story contained many falsities to deny it. But being 99% honest is no longer enough.

I was and am ashamed of my conduct and choices, and I had hoped that it would never become public. With my family, I took responsibility for my actions in 2006 and today I take full responsibility publicly. But that misconduct took place for a short period in 2006. It ended then. I am and have been willing to take any test necessary to establish the fact that I am not the father of any baby, and I am truly hopeful that a test will be done so this fact can be definitively established. I only know that the apparent father has said publicly that he is the father of the baby. I also have not been engaged in any activity of any description that requested, agreed to or supported payments of any kind to the woman or to the apparent father of the baby.

It is inadequate to say to the people who believed in me that I am sorry, as it is inadequate to say to the people who love me that I am sorry. In the course of several campaigns, I started to believe that I was special and became increasingly egocentric and narcissistic. If you want to beat me up – feel free. You cannot beat me up more than I have already beaten up myself. I have been stripped bare and will now work with everything I have to help my family and others who need my help.

I have given a complete interview on this matter and having done so, will have nothing more to say.

Though Edwards implies that he was being "99% honest" when he was lying, and that "I used the fact that the story contained many falsities to deny it," he didn't just deny that the story was true. He said it was "completely false."

I have a hard time believing that Edwards is being 51% honest even now, let alone 99% or 100% honest.

I certainly don't see much reason for believing Edwards over the National Enquirer on this story. When his word is worth less than that of a supermarket tabloid, it's an indication of how far he has fallen.

In the original National Enquirer stories, they claimed to have Hunter's emails to her friends disclosing the affair, including gushing about a recent rendezvous. Further, according to the Enquirer, Hunter told friends that she and Edwards met at hotels where the campaign was staying. I wonder if these emails match up with the restricted dates that Edwards now claims for the affair. In other words, even when John Edwards claims that he has stopped lying, I wonder whether he is a decent enough human being to be believed.

I'll bet the Republicans are hoping that the Democrats are foolish enough to give Edwards a prime speaking spot at the convention.

I think Barack Obama is too smart for that.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Over at the Daily Kos, the moonbats are using the typical talking points when a Dem is caught red handed

These idiots would not be so understanding if John had a (R) at the end of his name

Stop Moralizing, You Sickening Scolds
by david mizner
Fri Aug 08, 2008 at 12:40:19 PM PDT
So another human showed himself to be human, and nominal progressives hop on their high horses and moralize and judge and get all dewey-eyed in support of Elizabeth, as if you have any idea what went on in their marriage, and in their bed. As if you have any right to know.

david mizner's diary :: ::
This is none of our business.

This is an American sickness, this need to know--the belief that we're entitled to know--about the sexual lives of politicians.

But but but, you don't have a problem with the sex, you say, you have a problem with his lying about it. Yeah, that's what Ken Starr said too.

Don't get me wrong. I wish he could've kept it his pants, especially if this hurts the cause he championed: economic justice. I supported Edwards not because I loved him and not because I thought he had sex with only his wife. I supported him because I believe in progressive populism.

Something tells me that this will lead Edwards to eventually redouble his efforts to speak out on behalf of the less lucky. The Puritan poohbahs of our culture will make him go through a public self-loathing session, in which he and Elizabeth go on Oprah and talk about their effort to "get past this." And all of you can continue to feel superior. Yes, thanks to the finger-sniffing campaign that many of you are gleefully aiding, it will be a while before he restores his credibility, if he ever does.

In the meantime, the job of Economic Justice Champion is open. And all of you loathsome sanctimonious assholes to go to hell.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/8/15248/88742/682/564780

stephanie
08-08-2008, 08:17 PM
WTH??

from the article above..

Something tells me that this will lead Edwards to eventually redouble his efforts to speak out on behalf of the less lucky.

yea, it seems Edwards kid that was born in this tryst, is gonna be one of those less lucky persons...Edwards is DENYING IT'S HIS...what a lowlife scumbag.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 08:24 PM
WTH??

from the article above..

yea, it seems Edwards kid that was born in this tryst, is gonna be one of those less lucky persons...Edwards is DENYING IT'S HIS...what a lowlife scumbag.

Edwards has kept her and the child in hiding, and paying huge sums of money to her. Is it his money or campaign funds?

This is far from over

I really feel sorry for Mrs Edwards and her children

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 10:16 PM
I would like to congratulate John Edwards for being the first politician to ever cheat on his wife and then lie about it.

Abbey Marie
08-08-2008, 10:17 PM

Yes, because we all know that cheating on your cancer-stricken wife, and being a horrible role model, is great fathering.

manu1959
08-08-2008, 10:18 PM
I would like to congratulate John Edwards for being the first politician to ever cheat on his wife and then lie about it.

nah.....fdr....kennedy clinton all beat him to the punch

emmett
08-08-2008, 11:14 PM
There once was a lefty lover named John

Whose wife was very ill and almost gone

To add to her marital strife....

He cheated with some ho and created a life

Then got caught at her motel around dawn.......

:pee: John Edwards, the 21st century's newest example of democratic leadership in morality.

Now all he has to do is wreck a car with a woman in it, kill her trying to scratch his way out of it and he can live in infamy as an elected democrat forever. Better yet, he could now become a homosexual (openly) and assure this. It works for several democratic lawmakers. Man, his horizons are endless.
Just think if he moved to San Francisco and found a queer barber (excuse me, I mean hair dresser) he might get half price and only have to pay 800 dollars. Man, this guy is a punk. Just a punk. Watch his video's and see how he braggs about how he will deliver his speeches. If I was a democrat (which isn't humanly possible) I would be absolutely ashamed at this moment.

This man insults the intelligence of every democrat in the country, as do most all democratic lawmakers. A rich pretty boy liar, that prays for votes of dumb people and flaunts in their faces that they will believe anything he says.

:pee:John Edwards.

The baby is his. Now before you dummies jump to defend him, watch it. You better wait. I remember how many folks got caught with their pants down on the Clinton thing. "I did not have sex with that woman". Apply the fool me once rule, lest you be fooled twice.

red states rule
08-09-2008, 05:47 AM
Amazing how liberals want to hold others to much high standards, but for their own they lower the bar 10 feet into the ground

midcan5
08-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Amazing how liberals want to hold others to much high standards, but for their own they lower the bar 10 feet into the ground

LOL - another neg rep point from the board's fool. Guess what lots of people cheat and when I see you post a republican's wandering then I'll know you're not simply a brain dead troll.

red states rule
08-09-2008, 07:50 AM
LOL - another neg rep point from the board's fool. Guess what lots of people cheat and when I see you post a republican's wandering then I'll know you're not simply a brain dead troll.

And as usual when one of your own is nailed, you attak those pointing out the liberal media bias, and how libs are giving the guy a pass

Libs never did care much about character - only their power

Nuc
08-09-2008, 07:15 PM
I really feel sorry for Mrs Edwards and her children

Everybody in the media, especially the female journalists keep stressing that they sympathize so much with his wife. Of course his wife would prefer if this story wouldn't be covered and she could get on with her life in private. Not possible when you're married to a public figure. But anyway there's a disconnect between claiming to be on her side and then also fanning the flames.

Who's going to want to run for public office in the future when they are expected to act holier than the Pope or Mother Theresa? Nobody interesting that's for sure.

And these Bible thumpers should stop courting the religious vote if they can't keep their peckers in their pants.

Kathianne
08-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Everybody in the media, especially the female journalists keep stressing that they sympathize so much with his wife. Of course his wife would prefer if this story wouldn't be covered and she could get on with her life in private. Not possible when you're married to a public figure. But anyway there's a disconnect between claiming to be on her side and then also fanning the flames.

Who's going to want to run for public office in the future when they are expected to act holier than the Pope or Mother Theresa? Nobody interesting that's for sure.

And these Bible thumpers should stop courting the religious vote if they can't keep their peckers in their pants.

I empathetise with his wife, but tend to lose such with what she wrote to Kos:

Our family has been through a lot. Some caused by nature, some caused by human weakness, and some – most recently – caused by the desire for sensationalism and profit without any regard for the human consequences. None of these has been easy. But we have stood with one another through them all. Although John believes he should stand alone and take the consequences of his action now, when the door closes behind him, he has his family waiting for him.

John made a terrible mistake in 2006. The fact that it is a mistake that many others have made before him did not make it any easier for me to hear when he told me what he had done. But he did tell me. And we began a long and painful process in 2006, a process oddly made somewhat easier with my diagnosis in March of 2007. This was our private matter, and I frankly wanted it to be private because as painful as it was I did not want to have to play it out on a public stage as well. Because of a recent string of hurtful and absurd lies in a tabloid publication, because of a picture falsely suggesting that John was spending time with a child it wrongly alleged he had fathered outside our marriage, our private matter could no longer be wholly private.

The pain of the long journey since 2006 was about to be renewed.

John has spoken in a long on-camera interview I hope you watch. Admitting one’s mistakes is a hard thing for anyone to do, and I am proud of the courage John showed by his honesty in the face of shame. The toll on our family of news helicopters over our house and reporters in our driveway is yet unknown. But now the truth is out, and the repair work that began in 2006 will continue. I ask that the public, who expressed concern about the harm John’s conduct has done to us, think also about the real harm that the present voyeurism does and give me and my family the privacy we need at this time.

Yurt
08-09-2008, 08:35 PM
defend haircut boy....rake over the coals a congressman who allegedly played footsie in a bathroom stall...

hjmick
08-09-2008, 08:55 PM
defend haircut boy....rake over the coals a congressman who allegedly played footsie in a bathroom stall...

You forgot: Bash current Presidential candidate for indiscressions committed over 30 years ago after spending 5 years being tortured. Not to mention accusing him of having an affair with a lobbyist despite having absolutely no evidence and plastering the false allegations on the front page of The New York Times.

Yurt
08-09-2008, 09:51 PM
You forgot: Bash current Presidential candidate for indiscressions committed over 30 years ago after spending 5 years being tortured. Not to mention accusing him of having an affair with a lobbyist despite having absolutely no evidence and plastering the false allegations on the front page of The New York Times.

i did, can't help it, the liberal media rules the "air"....radio included

it is ok to forgive a lib for cheating yesterday, it is ok for a lib to be a flaming homo, but...it is not ok for a repub to be the same. is that soley due to party values, as if the repub is being hypocritical? i don't think so, dems love to use gay, fag, homo as a insult more than the repubs. keep em down, keep em needing the government....power.

glockmail
08-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes, every good father cheats on their dying mother. :slap: