PDA

View Full Version : A crook is a crook is a crook

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 04:42 PM
I know there is already a thread on the continuing saga of Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, but it seems that the brain-deficient RSR only wants to focus on the fact that Kilpatrick is a "liberal democrat."
So how about we look at the true facts of the case, as reported by the media in the city of Detroit.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

Regardless of race or party affiliation, this man is one of the most corrupt and racist individuals ever to run an American city. Kilpatrick's use of race as a divisive factor make Ray Nagin look like a piker.
Over the past several years, Kilpatrick has hired friends and family members, fired personal adversaries, threatened members of the new media and misused city funds. Among his many stunts are: threatening a teacher who failed his daughter, using police to run errands for his wife, ordering city officials to run errands for his family and cursing out members of city hall.
Why does he get elected? If you oppose him, it is always due to "racism." Detroit is a black majority, and Kilpatrick is a master of the "us vs. them" philosophy.

In summation, dude is evil shit.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Gabby, check your ego and hate at the door. He is a convicted crook - I have said that

What my thread was about is how the liberal media is NOT mentioning he is not a Democrat

I am pointing out another example of the liberal media bias

hjmick
08-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Can't argue with any of that.

Welcome back Gabo.

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Mayors are NOT elected by party. They are rarely associated by party.
Go check the two Detroit papers and try to find how the media is "downplaying" the whole affair.
You need to do something about that cancerous growth in your brain. The one labeled "hatred."

red states rule
08-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Go check the two Detroit papers and try to find how the media is "downplaying" the whole affair.
You need to do something about that cancerous growth in your brain. The one labeled "hatred."

Sorry Gabby he is a Democrat, and the links I posted did not mention that fact

If anyone here suffers from hate it is you

stephanie
08-08-2008, 05:04 PM
What?? I've always been told it's only the Republicans who are CORRUPT..

not only was this guy a Democrat, he was a crook and a thug..

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Why does it matter whether he is a Dem or GOP? He's a freaking CROOK!! One of the most corrupt politicians in the history of our nation. And all you care about is his party affiliation?

red states rule
08-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Why does it matter whether he is a Dem or GOP? He's a freaking CROOK!! One of the most corrupt politicians in the history of our nation. And all you care about is his party affiliation?

Gabby I AGREE with you. The threads I have on him are about the liberal media NOT mentioning he is a Dem

It is about the liberal media bias

The liberal media did the same thing with NY Gov Spitzer. Foe three days they never mentioned he was a Dem

Again it is about liberal media bias

Do you understand now?

stephanie
08-08-2008, 05:18 PM

:lol:

If he had been a Republican, you libs would be gloating and hooting..

the thug mayor was a Democrat, nothing you can do to change that fact..:laugh2:

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 05:21 PM
What about the crook of more than three decades, Ted Stevens of Alaska. Should we mention that he is a Republican, or just emphasize that he is a dishonest crook?

red states rule
08-08-2008, 05:21 PM
:lol:

If he had been a Republican, you libs would be gloating and hooting..

the thug mayor was a Democrat, nothing you can do to change that fact..:laugh2:

It is common in the media if the crook is a Reoublican the party affilitation is in the first sentence of the story

If the crook is a Dem, the party affilation is seldom mentioned

BTW, as usual Gabby was wrong when she posted he was not a Dem

red states rule
08-08-2008, 05:22 PM
What about the crook of more than three decades, Ted Stevens of Alaska. Should we mention that he is a Republican, or just emphasize that he is a dishonest crook?

The liberal media has been very good at pointing out he is a Republican

If he is guilty he should be in the cell next to Kilpatrick

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 05:25 PM
A U.S. senator is normally elected by party. U.S. mayors are not normally affiliated by party.

stephanie
08-08-2008, 05:26 PM

he is and was a crook, and he is a REPUBLICAN..

red states rule
08-08-2008, 05:27 PM
A U.S. senator is normally elected by party. U.S. mayors are not normally affiliated by party.

You do have a problem admitting when you are worng Gabby

Again This Morning, No (D) for Incarcerated Detroit Mayor
By Matthew Balan (Bio | Archive)
August 8, 2008 - 14:43 ET

The Big Three networks continued to ignore the party affiliation of the now-incarcerated Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick on Friday morning, just as they had done in their evening news programs the previous night. The Early Show on CBS chose to ignore the story of Kilpatrick’s arrest on a bail violation entirely, while ABC’s Good Morning America devoted one 16-second news brief to the story near the beginning of its 7 am Eastern hour.

Ironically, NBC’s Today show, which is devoting most of its programming to the Summer Olympics in Beijing, spent the most time on the subject. It first aired a 12-second news brief just after the top of 7 am Eastern hour, and devoted an entire segment to the story at the beginning of the 8 am Eastern hour. The report by correspondent Ron Allen was just shy of 2 minutes long, but still ignored Kilpatrick’s Democratic affiliation.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2008/08/08/nets-morning-shows-minimize-kilpatrick-arrest-cbs-ignores-it

crin63
08-08-2008, 05:51 PM
RSR, isn't your whole point that if he had been a Republican that would have been reported regardless of whether he is a mayor or not?

red states rule
08-08-2008, 06:08 PM
RSR, isn't your whole point that if he had been a Republican that would have been reported regardless of whether he is a mayor or not?

That is the main point I am making. At least some people "get it"

stephanie
08-08-2008, 06:17 PM
The LAMESTREAM MEDIA...is now just a propaganda machine for the Democrat party..

I'll be glad to see them slide down the toilet..where they belong..:cheers2:

red states rule
08-08-2008, 06:18 PM
The LAMESTREAM MEDIA...is now just a propaganda machine for the Democrat party..

I'll be glad to see them slide down the toilet..where they belong..:cheers2:

Every poll I have seen shows a large majority see the liberal bias for Dems and Obama

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 06:42 PM

That was ALWAYS mentioned. Same with Trent Lott.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 06:50 PM
That was ALWAYS mentioned. Same with Trent Lott.

As it was with Mick Foley and Larry Craig

08-08-2008, 07:43 PM

I don't know why it matters. You guys are the ones always bringing party into it when it's a Republican crook.

Silver
08-08-2008, 08:34 PM

Mayors are NOT elected by party. They are rarely associated by party.????

OK...thats not the dumbest statement I ever read on this cite, but it sure as hell comes close...very close.....

And you're still missing the point that THE MSM is failing to mention that he a Democrat...
Now that you know what to look for, watch how much this happens in the MSM coverage of news....

a Repub. will be identified in the headline and numerous times in a news piece, while a Dems. affiliation will be either ignored or casually mentioned at the very end of the article....thats SOP for the liberal media...

red states rule
08-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Mayors are NOT elected by party. They are rarely associated by party.????

OK...thats not the dumbest statement I ever read on this cite, but it sure as hell comes close...very close.....

And you're still missing the point that THE MSM is failing to mention that he a Democrat...
Now that you know what to look for, watch how much this happens in the MSM coverage of news....

a Repub. will be identified in the headline and numerous times in a news piece, while a Dems. affiliation will be either ignored or casually mentioned at the very end of the article....thats SOP for the liberal media...

Here is the record of the NY Times

The New York Times's record during the past seven months has been almost equally disgraceful.

Here's the detailed rundown of 14 relevant stories I found in the Times since the troubles that ultimately led to the Mayor's indictment and recent incarceration began:

January 26 ("Mayor’s Amorous Texts Lead to Perjury Inquiry") -- Kilpatrick was not ID'd as a Dem, but in the ninth paragraph, his mother was ("Mr. Kilpatrick’s mother, Representative Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, Democrat of Michigan, is chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus .....")

January 29 ("Aide Linked to Detroit Mayor Will Step Down") -- No one's party affiliation was mentioned anywhere.
February 9 ("Document’s Disclosure Adds to Scandal Over Detroit Mayor") -- No one's party affiliation was mentioned anywhere.

February 28 ("Detroit Mayor Loses Fight Over Secret Papers") -- No one's party affiliation was mentioned anywhere.

February 29 ("Latest Troubles Put Detroit Mayor’s Job at Risk") -- The story's fifth paragraph noted Kilpatrick's speaking roles at the 2000 and 2004 Democratic National Conventions, which is a de facto, if not toally direct, party identification.

March 5 ("Detroit City Council Delays Vote on Resolution Urging the Mayor to Step Down") -- Kilpatrick wasn't ID'd as a Dem, but Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm was, in a way that almost made it appear as if she's not affiliated with the same party as Kilpatrick.

March 14 ("Pressure Rises in Detroit For Mayor to Quit Quickly") -- No one's party affiliation was mentioned anywhere.

March 19 ("Stalemate in Detroit: City Council Asks Mayor to Resign, but He Refuses to Go") -- Kilpatrick wasn't ID'd as a Dem, but City Council member Monica Conyers, the only Council member who voted against a resolution calling on the Mayor to resign, was.

March 25 ("Mayor of Detroit Faces 8 Counts in Perjury Case") -- The story's fifth paragraph recounted that Kilpatrick "once drew note from Democratic Party leaders as a young politician to watch." No form of the word "indict" appears anywhere in the report.

March 28 ("Backers [One Fewer Than Thought] Act to Aid Detroit Mayor") -- No one's party affiliation was mentioned anywhere.

April 15 ("Detroit City Council Snubs Mayor as Impasse Persists") -- No one's party affiliation was mentioned anywhere.

April 30 ("Detroit Mayor's Messages To Ex-Aide Are Released") -- No one's party affiliation was mentioned anywhere.

May 14 ("Detroit City Council Votes to Request Removal of Mayor by Governor") -- Reporter Nick Bunkley said in the story's fourh paragraph that "Gov. Jennifer M. Granholm — a Democrat, like Mr. Kilpatrick — has the authority to remove public officials, though that power has rarely been used." Geez, I should hope so.

August 8 ("Judge Orders Detroit Mayor Jailed") -- No one's party affiliation is mentioned anywhere, including that of Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2008/08/08/nyts-poor-name-party-performance-kilpatrick-covers-extended-time-period