PDA

View Full Version : My daughter loves D.C.

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I allowed her to take some pictures in Washington D.C. This was her favorite.
Not bad for a seven-year-old. :D

http://i36.tinypic.com/23vlu10.jpg

stephanie
08-08-2008, 06:04 PM
great photo..maybe she'll be a famous photographer in the future..

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 06:17 PM
She took some better photos than me. I have a difficult time holding the camera straight.

Little-Acorn
08-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Very nice!

I hope she continues to like the place, despite the weather. DC was built on a swamp, which frequently becomes obvious. But there's a vast amount of history there, and more being made every day. If she's interested in either scenery or history, the place is hard to beat.

Is she still there? If so, you might want to get her a friend, and train her in its safe and effective use. DC isn't known as the Murder Capital of the Country for nothing. With a title like that, they haven't bothered assigning it "Mugging Capital", though it deserves that one too. Discuss with her whether she'd rather be judged by twelve or carried by six.

ON EDIT:

Oops, didn't notice that you said she was only seven years old. Sorry. Obviously you never let her out of your sight. So get the friend for yourself instead, especially for when you're out together in a place like that.

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Very nice!

I hope she continues to like the place, despite the weather. DC was built on a swamp, which frequently becomes obvious. But there's a vast amount of history there, and more being made every day. If she's interested in either scenery or history, the place is hard to beat.

Is she still there? If so, you might want to get her a friend, and train her in its safe and effective use. DC isn't known as the Murder Capital of the Country for nothing. With a title like that, they haven't bothered assigning it "Mugging Capital", though it deserves that one too. Discuss with her whether she'd rather be judged by twelve or carried by six.

ON EDIT:

Oops, didn't notice that you said she was only seven years old. Sorry. Obviously you never let her out of your sight. So get the friend for yourself instead, especially for when you're out together in a place like that.

I watched National Treasure for the probably 8th time last evening. Great. Nice shots of DC and Philadelphia. Lots of slips to important facts.

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 10:24 PM
We were in DC for two days. Took a short walking tour of the National Mall area, perused the book stores and restaurants in Dupont Circle (was particularly enthused about the Krispy Kreme right outside the metro station), saw the Newseum and the International Spy Museum. All good stuff. It was terribly warm, though.

hjmick
08-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Please tell me you hit the Smithsonian? At least the Air and Space?

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Did I forget the Smithsonian? We spent almost an entire day there. My daughter adored the place.

hjmick
08-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Did I forget the Smithsonian? We spent almost an entire day there. My daughter adored the place.

Whew!! I loved the place as well. I spent two days and could have gone a week in the museums.

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Weird experience du jour: When we walked by the front of the White House, there were tons of police and other security. If anyone lingered too long, like to take a picture, they told you to keep moving. And they were very serious about it.
Thus, we have no pictures of the White House.