PDA

View Full Version : Vote For Monty Python Art

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 07:09 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK2G824FZQX3X4Y

Amazon.com-exclusive Monty Python Cover Art Voting Contest
11:34 AM PDT, August 8, 2008

Click here by August 21st to vote for your favorite design, which will be featured as the cover art for the new Monty Python Holy Trinity boxed set. This title is also now available for pre-order on DVD. Don't miss this Amazon.com exclusive opportunity to choose the new cover of this collection. Vote now!

dan
08-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I love Monty Python, but man, those guys need to quit trying to sell us the same DVD's over and over again!

I voted for Option #2, which appears to be winning at the moment.

manu1959
08-08-2008, 09:34 PM
I love Monty Python, but man, those guys need to quit trying to sell us the same DVD's over and over again!

I voted for Option #2, which appears to be winning at the moment.

me too........pity about the leaf........

hjmick
08-08-2008, 09:37 PM

To their credit, they are very up front about it.

dan
08-08-2008, 10:53 PM
To their credit, they are very up front about it.

True. I think Eric Idle is the only one still involved in the creative side of these things. You hardly ever see John Cleese anymore, shame, he was the funniest one, IMHO.

gabosaurus
08-08-2008, 10:57 PM
I voted for No. 1, which I believe to be the funniest.
But I agree about the sales pitch. Who doesn't own the Python films that might obtain them? They have been repackaged and re-released several times.

hjmick
08-08-2008, 10:59 PM
True. I think Eric Idle is the only one still involved in the creative side of these things. You hardly ever see John Cleese anymore, shame, he was the funniest one, IMHO.

Cleese is too funny. A Fish Called Wanda? Too good. Cleese has been working, he did the Shrek movies and he has 4 movies coming out in the next year. Two animated films he voices and two live action. Though I do not hold out any hope that the live action films will be worth a damn, Pink Panther 2 and The Day the Earth Stood Still.

dan
08-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Cleese is too funny. A Fish Called Wanda? Too good. Cleese has been working, he did the Shrek movies and he has 4 movies coming out in the next year. Two animated films he voices and two live action. Though I do not hold out any hope that the live action films will be worth a damn, Pink Panther 2 and The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Aw, boo, but at least he's working, I guess. I guess they're all past their prime at this point, though that travel documentary that Michael Palin did a few years ago was outstanding.