PDA

View Full Version : Paul Newman says he will die at home

red states rule
08-08-2008, 07:11 PM
My prayers go out to Mr Newman. I hope he does well

Paul Newman says he will die at home

Paul Newman has finished chemotherapy and has told his family he wants to die at home.

The Oscar-winning actor was pictured being pushed from a New York cancer hospital in a wheelchair.

Yesterday, it was reported in America that Newman, 83, had only weeks to live and had returned home to his wife, Joanne Woodward.

"Paul didn't want to die in the hospital," a source said. "Joanne and his daughters are beside themselves with grief."

The source, described as a close family friend, said that the star had spent the past few weeks getting his affairs in order.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24149703-663,00.html

stephanie
08-08-2008, 07:13 PM
He was a good actor..

Cancer is hell..I watched my 46 yr. old sister die from it..

May God be with him.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 07:16 PM
He was a good actor..

Cancer is hell..I watched my 46 yr. old siter die from it..

May God be with him.

I konow full well what chemo does to the human body

I would do the same thing. I would go home as well

God bless him and his family

Kathianne
08-08-2008, 07:17 PM
I still have a hard time getting my mind around the fact that Paul Newman was nearly as old as my father. :eek:

red states rule
08-08-2008, 07:19 PM
I still have a hard time getting my mind around the fact that Paul Newman was nearly as old as my father. :eek:

He is timeless. I can sit a watch "The Sting" with Redford and it is hard for me believe it is more then 30 years old

retiredman
08-08-2008, 09:31 PM
cancer is an equal opportunity killer. Unfortunately, it kills those, like Paul Newman, who have had a profoundly positive impact on the lives of many people...and, it also kills those who have had no positive impact on society.

some you cry about, some you raise a drink to celebrate.

stephanie
08-08-2008, 09:44 PM
good grief..that was so profound..:poke::rolleyes:

red states rule
08-08-2008, 09:47 PM
good grief..that was so profound..:poke::rolleyes:

He is a classless jerk

stephanie
08-08-2008, 09:54 PM
He is a classless jerk

I have to agree..I'm just shaking my head in disbelief.

red states rule
08-08-2008, 09:56 PM
I have to agree..I'm just shaking my head in disbelief.

Why Stephanie? We all know what he is REALLY like. This comes as no surprise to me. I expected a post like this from him when I started the thread

Abbey Marie
08-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Why Stephanie? We all know what he is REALLY like. This comes as no surprise to me. I expected a post like this from him when I started the thread

Red, many of us care a great deal about you. I know you already know this, but I wanted to state it publicly for others. :salute:

red states rule
08-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Red, many of us care a great deal about you. I know you already know this, but I wanted to state it publicly for others. :salute:

I am well aware of that Abbey. I want to say publicly you and Kathy have sent me many PM's checking on me. Along with Martin, Glock, and several others. I want to thank all of you for your kindness and concern

Not everyone is a classless jerk like our resident preacher

Psychoblues
08-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Paul Newman fought his entire public life for social justice issues, equality, collective fortitude of a liberal and progressive population and for excellence in everything he ever did.

As another poster intimated, I will raise a toast, take a drink in memory of the man giant and wipe a tear from my eye when we lose him. I think Paul Newman would appreciate that.

:salute::cheers2::clap::cheers2::salute:

Yurt
08-08-2008, 10:09 PM
cancer is an equal opportunity killer. Unfortunately, it kills those, like Paul Newman, who have had a profoundly positive impact on the lives of many people...and, it also kills those who have had no positive impact on society.

yes, i am sure jesus gave the same sermon, some you weep about, others you dance on their graves in celebration they are dead....that whole dying on the cross thing....bah, nothing, twas only for the good folk, you know, the folk YOU like.

manu1959
08-08-2008, 10:10 PM

you really are a piece of work.....

Yurt
08-08-2008, 10:12 PM
you really are a piece of work.....

"work" is above him

manu1959
08-08-2008, 10:16 PM
"work" is above him

i have never met anyone this beneath the pale......

Psychoblues
08-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Just where did you learn that judgementalism, m'59? Church?

i have never met anyone this beneath the pale......

Maybe you need to walk a mile in some different shoes?

manu1959
08-08-2008, 10:44 PM

just shining the light on the bugs of this board allowing all you all to be who you really are.....

Psychoblues
08-08-2008, 10:51 PM
So, with "Catholic Lite" as you call yourself and that light you are shining on the board you think you are not revealing something about yourself?

just shining the light on the bugs of this board allowing all you all to be who you really are.....

I've been watching you swat at things real and imagined for a while now, m'59. I've never seen you hit anything squarely or competently or successfully. Maybe I had too much military perfection training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abbey Marie
08-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Manu is a master at shining the light on posts that need it. In his inimitable Manu way, of course. :)

manu1959
08-08-2008, 11:00 PM
So, with "Catholic Lite" as you call yourself and that light you are shining on the board you think you are not revealing something about yourself?
I've been watching you swat at things real and imagined for a while now, m'59. I've never seen you hit anything squarely or competently or successfully. Maybe I had too much military perfection training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok cliff clavin.....

you in the military and seeing anything clearly would be news to the universe....

red states rule
08-09-2008, 05:43 AM

How dare you insult bugs like that :laugh2:

red states rule
08-09-2008, 05:44 AM

MFM is lower then whale shit on the ocean floor. Does anyone realy need to go back and refresh your memory about the boards "preacher"?

Psychoblues
08-11-2008, 02:46 AM
I think the conversation had evolved to the preaching of m'59, redshit.

MFM is lower then whale shit on the ocean floor. Does anyone realy need to go back and refresh your memory about the boards "preacher"?

Has your obsession with discrediting mfm clouded your contributions in any way?