PDA

View Full Version : Your inept Government at work..

Mr. P
08-09-2008, 02:53 PM
I talk with SS disability clients several times per week. This is very sad but VERY true.

I've seen many forced into bankruptcy before they ever receive a hearing. We had one two weeks ago die just a week after we finally got his decision, despite our efforts to expedite his case.

This article IS FACTUAL!

Who still wants Government health care?

LONG WAIT FOR HELP
Some patients seeking Social Security don't live to see their cases resolved.

By Ann Hardie
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/03/08

Atlanta is arguably the worst place in the country to live if you are too sick or injured to work and have to rely on the government for help.

While Social Security hearing offices nationwide are clogged with claims from severely disabled individuals seeking benefits, the two Atlanta locations are known as "the backlog capital of the country."

The Downtown hearing office at Peachtree Center takes 769 days on average —- more than two years —- to resolve a claim. It has 9,145 claims pending.

The Atlanta North office on Clairmont Road is even worse, with a backlog of 12,497 claims and an average wait of 793 days, according to Social Security figures. Month after month, the two offices consistently rank among the slowest in the country for resolving claims.

Much more...Please read..
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/printedition/2008/08/03/socialnat.html

Said1
08-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I talk with SS disability clients several times per week. This is very sad but VERY true.

I've seen many forced into bankruptcy before they ever receive a hearing. We had one two weeks ago die just a week after we finally got his decision, despite our efforts to expedite his case.
l]

Are you working as some sort of advocate? My mother used to do that for a living.

Mr. P
08-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Are you working as some sort of advocate? My mother used to do that for a living.

A Law office...Bankruptcy and SS disability are the only areas of the practice.

Said1
08-09-2008, 03:10 PM

Interesting. What do you do there? If you don't mind me asking.

Mr. P
08-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Interesting. What do you do there? If you don't mind me asking.

You name it...everything cept type and give "legal" advise, that would be illegal. But I must say I do express my "opinion" based on knowledge without liability. :laugh2:

Said1
08-09-2008, 03:27 PM
You name it...everything cept type and give "legal" advise, that would be illegal. But I must say I do express my "opinion" based on knowledge without liability. :laugh2:

Well good for you.That's more or less what I do, even though that's not what my job description entials!! Now that half the assistants are on holidays, I'm really starting to hope all the tab factories explode!

Mr. P
08-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Well good for you.That's more or less what I do, even though that's not what my job description entials!! Now that half the assistants are on holidays, I'm really starting to hope all the tab factories explode!

It's an okay job for an old guy. I hate hearing people cry though. No acts real crying..and there's nothing I can do for them. The very old folks just kill me. Now, the bankruptcy folk that bitch get a piece of my mind many times! :laugh2:

Said1
08-09-2008, 03:41 PM
It's an okay job for an old guy. I hate hearing people cry though. No acts real crying..and there's nothing I can do for them. The very old folks just kill me. Now, the bankruptcy folk that bitch get a piece of my mind many times! :laugh2:

Thankfully, I have no contact with clients whatsoever. Is it just me or do yo have less patients as you get older? :laugh2:

Mr. P
08-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Thankfully, I have no contact with clients whatsoever. Is it just me or do yo have less patients as you get older? :laugh2:

I can't do client contact, been there...I'd KILL some of em! I do everything from home by phone and puter. Yes way less patients, in person anyway, no problem talking to most by phone for an average of 15 minutes though. I do what I can to calm them and assure them, for me it's much easier to do without the personal confrontation, tears, anger and all.

Said1
08-09-2008, 03:51 PM
I can't do client contact, been there...I'd KILL some of em! I do everything from home by phone and puter. Yes way less patients, in person anyway, no problem talking to most by phone for an average of 15 minutes though. I do what I can to calm them and assure them, for me it's much easier to do without the personal confrontation, tears, anger and all.

Like I said, sounds interesting and you get to do it from home. No working with uppity old birds for you! :finger3:

Mr. P
08-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Like I said, sounds interesting and you get to do it from home. No working with uppity old birds for you! :finger3:

Hahahaha...the uppity ones tend to be 30-45 or so. And mostly women BTW.

Said1
08-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Hahahaha...the uppity ones tend to be 30-45 or so. And mostly women BTW.

Why is that? The meanest people where are work - where ever I have worked are women. I think that crosses all boarders and nationalities. :laugh2:

Mr. P
08-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Why is that? The meanest people where are work - where ever I have worked are women. I think that crosses all boarders and nationalities. :laugh2:

I donno but it seems to be consistent.

actsnoblemartin
08-09-2008, 04:56 PM
this is a very convincing and very intelligent, brilliant thread

bravo sir :clap: :salute:

This article IS FACTUAL!

Who still wants Government health care?

LONG WAIT FOR HELP
Some patients seeking Social Security don't live to see their cases resolved.

By Ann Hardie
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/03/08

Atlanta is arguably the worst place in the country to live if you are too sick or injured to work and have to rely on the government for help.

While Social Security hearing offices nationwide are clogged with claims from severely disabled individuals seeking benefits, the two Atlanta locations are known as "the backlog capital of the country."

The Downtown hearing office at Peachtree Center takes 769 days on average —- more than two years —- to resolve a claim. It has 9,145 claims pending.

The Atlanta North office on Clairmont Road is even worse, with a backlog of 12,497 claims and an average wait of 793 days, according to Social Security figures. Month after month, the two offices consistently rank among the slowest in the country for resolving claims.

Much more...Please read..
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/printedition/2008/08/03/socialnat.html

Mr. P
08-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Bump...this OP needs more exposure.

actsnoblemartin
08-10-2008, 06:26 PM

admirable work with the ss disability.

I dont know enough about the bankruptcy angle to comment, but please dont take that as an insult. Im all ears if you wanna educate on me the subject

actsnoblemartin
08-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Bump...this OP needs more exposure.

i did :laugh2: