PDA

View Full Version : Morton's steakhouse classic from Costco

Yurt
08-09-2008, 08:43 PM
one word:

YUMMY

bbq - grass grill, followed instructions...very good, very tender. i got an extra special back rub for grilling that bad boy. it is so hard to go vege....

jackass
08-10-2008, 02:40 PM
one word:

YUMMY

bbq - grass grill, followed instructions...very good, very tender. i got an extra special back rub for grilling that bad boy. it is so hard to go vege....

Ive heard from many a people that it is really good. You are another. I guess since I work there, I should try it huh?

Abbey Marie
08-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Is it a steak, or a steak seasoning? (Not that I eat red meat anyway).

Yurt
08-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Is it a steak, or a steak seasoning? (Not that I eat red meat anyway).

i believe it was the tri tip cut, basically a steak, i forgot the exact cut, i think top or bottom sirloin, tri tip is a unique cut of meat that is very good. very popular on the central coast where the cut originated. i remember, it was beef bottom sirloin.

i wiki'd tri tip for ya...

Tri-tip
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Whole beef tri-tip, grilled medium rareBeef Cuts

Beef cut: Bottom Sirloin
Steak type: Tri-tip
(also known as: triangle steak, Culotte)
The tri-tip is a cut of beef from the bottom sirloin primal cut.[1] It is a small triangular muscle, usually 1.5 to 2.5 lbs. (675 to 1,150g) per side of beef. In the United States, this cut was typically used for ground beef or sliced into steaks until the late 1950s, when it became a local specialty in Santa Maria, California, rubbed with salt, pepper, and spices and cooked whole on a rotisserie or grilled. (The tri-tip is still often labeled "Santa Maria steak".) Tri-tip is now available in most of the U.S., though it remains a relatively overlooked cut. Most popular in the Central Coast region of California,[1] it has begun to enjoy increasing popularity elsewhere for its full flavor, lower fat content, and comparatively lower cost

you can't go anywhere in SLO that serves bbq and not have tri tip, i think you would be run out of town, tarred and feathered...

Dilloduck
08-10-2008, 06:21 PM
i believe it was the tri tip cut, basically a steak, i forgot the exact cut, i think top or bottom sirloin, tri tip is a unique cut of meat that is very good. very popular on the central coast where the cut originated. i remember, it was beef bottom sirloin.

i wiki'd tri tip for ya...

Tri-tip
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Whole beef tri-tip, grilled medium rareBeef Cuts

you can't go anywhere in SLO that serves bbq and not have tri tip, i think you would be run out of town, tarred and feathered...

so THAT'S how you get rid of your vegetarians !!!!:laugh2:

Yurt
08-10-2008, 06:38 PM
so THAT'S how you get rid of your vegetarians !!!!:laugh2:

the wife wants to go tofu on me...she is health nut, all fit and stuff. admittedly i was the same when we met, but now i eat more meat, drink more beer and stuff... shit, do i fit the stereotypical model of a husband....

she admits she likes the beef. and tofu can't compete. but i will concede this...other than the initial farts (from the tofu) eating vege feels great. seriously, i have way more energy, feel lighter. but you have to watch the protein intake big time when you eat vege. and i am not talking vegan, will never give up eggs, butter, fish (hey jesus ate fish) and she has me drinking SOY """MILK""". actually, it is pretty good.

jackass
08-10-2008, 07:39 PM
the wife wants to go tofu on me...she is health nut, all fit and stuff. admittedly i was the same when we met, but now i eat more meat, drink more beer and stuff... shit, do i fit the stereotypical model of a husband....

she admits she likes the beef. and tofu can't compete. but i will concede this...other than the initial farts (from the tofu) eating vege feels great. seriously, i have way more energy, feel lighter. but you have to watch the protein intake big time when you eat vege. and i am not talking vegan, will never give up eggs, butter, fish (hey jesus ate fish) and she has me drinking SOY """MILK""". actually, it is pretty good.

:wtf:

:puke:
:cow::death:
:cheers2:

hjmick
08-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Soy milk!!? WTF? You ever see tits on a soy bean? It's soy juice