PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Pulls Out of Ossetia

Hobbit
08-10-2008, 01:36 AM
They insist it's not a military defeat and that they're trying to stem the loss of civilian life in the region, but damn, this is getting bad, fast! It doesn't look like Russia is going to let up on them, either, and they're already talking about 'redrawing the map.' Also notice that half of the conflicted areas are quite far from Ossetia and are actually closing in on the port city of Poti, exit point for the oil pipeline that allows Europe to get oil without pandering to Russia and Iran?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7552012.stm

Gaffer
08-10-2008, 08:16 AM
It's all about the oil. The russians want to control the oil going to the west. Controlling the oil flow to europe allows them a free hand in future operations against other former members of the eastern bloc.

There have been thousands of civilians killed and wounded. I'm waiting for the outrage from the left and anti-war crowd. Of course those deaths don't count if they are not inflicted by US forces. The fact they are done on purpose to terrorize the people also doesn't matter to the lefties.

Come on lefties, get in here and cheer your boys on. The only one we have heard from in these threads has been the russian troll and he's a paid stooge.

semi liberal girl
08-10-2008, 09:16 AM
I wonder if Sen Obama knows it is the country of Georgia and not he state of Georgia

Has he said anything about his war?

08-10-2008, 09:47 AM
I am concerned about this. This is creating a bad precedent.

Gaffer
08-10-2008, 09:47 AM
I wonder if Sen Obama knows it is the country of Georgia and not he state of Georgia

Has he said anything about his war?

He has said both sides need to stop and both are to blame. The usual garbage. McCain blames russia.

russia has had this in the works for years, even baiting Georgia into their attempt to take back their territory. This is an attempt by russia to take over the oil pipe line that runs through Georgia. The EU and US need to take serious action and come to Georgia's aid. How the presidential candidates react is going to be very telling about our future security.

This is the 3 am phone call that ad from hillery was about. McCain is standing firm, the messiah is wiggling and Bush is saying call back after January.

Gaffer
08-10-2008, 10:11 AM
The weekend is here and there is a war going on involving russia and a major ally of the US, yet there is no coverage of the fighting. Lots of news reporters are there, but their reports are not being aired.

Seems the media is not interested in covering russian expansionism or it's victims.

Dilloduck
08-10-2008, 02:42 PM
The weekend is here and there is a war going on involving russia and a major ally of the US, yet there is no coverage of the fighting. Lots of news reporters are there, but their reports are not being aired.

Seems the media is not interested in covering russian expansionism or it's victims.

They don't have a clue how to spin this war yet. They got caught flatfooted and supported invading Iraq and got burned. We will hear all hear all about it when they decided how Americans should see it.

actsnoblemartin
08-10-2008, 03:07 PM
puts down a soap box, gets on top of it, yells at top of lungs, i f***ing hate you russia, you can suck my bolshevic, you basterds :fu:

They insist it's not a military defeat and that they're trying to stem the loss of civilian life in the region, but damn, this is getting bad, fast! It doesn't look like Russia is going to let up on them, either, and they're already talking about 'redrawing the map.' Also notice that half of the conflicted areas are quite far from Ossetia and are actually closing in on the port city of Poti, exit point for the oil pipeline that allows Europe to get oil without pandering to Russia and Iran?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7552012.stm

OCA
08-10-2008, 03:08 PM
puts down a soap box, gets on top of it, yells at top of lungs, i f***ing hate you russia, you can suck my bolshevic, you basterds :fu:

Why? Just what in the fuck if anything do you know about Russia? Or have you watched too many episodes of "All In The Family"?