PDA

View Full Version : Evidence Exists: Iran supporting AQ in Iraq

Yurt
08-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Evidence: Iran Supporting al-Qaeda in Iraq

Excellent reporting by The New York Sun’s Eli Lake exposes that not only were Iranian senior members of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps captured in Baghdad - and released due to diplomatic papers supplied them by the Iranian government - what was not turned back over to them were important documents detailing connections to individuals that are part of al-Qaeda in Iraq and associated with Ansar al-Sunna. In Iran’s Secret Plan For Mayhem, it is learned that this detailed information included names and phone numbers.

Iran is supporting both Sunni and Shiite terrorists in the Iraqi civil war, according to secret Iranian documents captured by Americans in Iraq.
The news that American forces had captured Iranians in Iraq was widely reported last month, but less well known is that the Iranians were carrying documents that offered Americans insight into Iranian activities in Iraq.

An American intelligence official said the new material, which has been authenticated within the intelligence community, confirms “that Iran is working closely with both the Shiite militias and Sunni Jihadist groups.” The source was careful to stress that the Iranian plans do not extend to cooperation with Baathist groups fighting the government in Baghdad, and said the documents rather show how the Quds Force — the arm of Iran’s revolutionary guard that supports Shiite Hezbollah, Sunni Hamas, and Shiite death squads — is working with individuals affiliated with Al Qaeda in Iraq and Ansar al-Sunna.

Another American official who has seen the summaries of the reporting affiliated with the arrests said it comprised a “smoking gun.” “We found plans for attacks, phone numbers affiliated with Sunni bad guys, a lot of things that filled in the blanks on what these guys are up to,” the official said.
Contrary to the Iraq Study Group’s assertion that a stable Iraq is in Iran’s interests, what is now evidenced is tangible proof that Iran sees its interest as killing US forces and fostering Iraq’s instability through inciting and fomenting sectarian violence by fueling both sides.

link (http://threatswatch.org/rapidrecon/2007/01/evidence-iran-supporting-alqae/)

Yurt
08-10-2008, 05:33 PM
the link may be "old", but the evidence does exist. the date of the link is irrelevant to whether evidence exists, for if the evidence existed then, then the link has been made. further, if iran was involved then, why should iran not be involved in fomenting unrest now? a destabilized iraq is a boon for iran. a strong iraq is not in iran's best interest.

gabosaurus
08-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Wow, what a revelation! Much of the Middle East supports AQ. How is this news?

Yurt
08-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Wow, what a revelation! Much of the Middle East supports AQ. How is this news?

there are those on this site who don't believe that iran supports AQ in iraq. one such person is your favorite poster, MFM. i am sure there are others on this board and off this board, the news or issue is relevant. or do you lump all muslims into one bag? do you consider muslims to be homogeneous?

gabosaurus
08-10-2008, 06:51 PM
It's more of a political than religious thing. If you read the Arab media, you find out that, while the many factions disagree on a lot of points, they are united in their dislike of the American presence in Iraq. They see AQ as the primary opponent of the U.S.

Yurt
08-10-2008, 06:59 PM
It's more of a political than religious thing. If you read the Arab media, you find out that, while the many factions disagree on a lot of points, they are united in their dislike of the American presence in Iraq. They see AQ as the primary opponent of the U.S.

ok, we actually agree here. maybe not for seperating the political from the religious, for islam is a religious government, what is "political" is of course part of their religion...stated another way.....an islamic country does divide religion and politics, they are one and the same.

do the people that live under that religion or profess to be apart of that religion engage in politics as you and i understand it. absolutely. when you look at islam, you will see that the "religion" is a pretext to politics. it is an entire way of life gabs.

bullypulpit
08-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah...right. The "New York Sun"...a neocon rag presenting unverifiable information as if it were fact. If it were true, it would be all the excuse the Bush administration needed to attack Iran, especially given the flimsy and fabricated evidence they used to justify invading Iraq. :pee:

hjmick
08-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah...right. The "New York Sun"...a neocon rag presenting unverifiable information as if it were fact. If it were true, it would be all the excuse the Bush administration needed to attack Iran, especially given the flimsy and fabricated evidence they used to justify invading Iraq. :pee:

Yeah...right. The "National Enquirer"... a tabloid rag presenting unverifiable information as if it were fact.

Just because you don't like the source, doesn't mean it's not true. Just saying...

Kathianne
08-10-2008, 07:31 PM

Rather than attacking the messenger, how about the message? I'm one of the first to look at something from rawstory, etc with a critical eye, but how about looking at what they are saying? Can you find something to knock them down or back what they are saying?

If we care about where we are going, it seems to me that we should all turn a critical eye on the politicians and the news sources.

Yurt
08-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Rather than attacking the messenger, how about the message? I'm one of the first to look at something from rawstory, etc with a critical eye, but how about looking at what they are saying? Can you find something to knock them down or back what they are saying?

If we care about where we are going, it seems to me that we should all turn a critical eye on the politicians and the news sources.

exactly. does bully have something to counter? or does bully only like to throw rocks at the windows of knowledge?

if anyone has something to counter this, bring it. no worries. i am not in the ME, i sit at my keyboard, like all (presumbly) you. if you have something to counter, no problem. but to be a bitch and whine about the messenger....wuss

bullypulpit
08-11-2008, 05:04 AM

Absence of supporting evidence.

Yurt
08-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Absence of supporting evidence.

i know your posts are, but why do we need to be reminded?

gabosaurus
08-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Iran will support any force that is anti-American. But Iran will never support Iraq itself, because they have been bitter enemies for centuries.
Iran primarily supports instability in Iraq.

emmett
08-11-2008, 11:18 PM

Our lawmakers......you know...the one's in Washington who voted clearly in favor of invading Iraq. Hillary clinton, John Kerry, Ted Kennedy....those folks. They had the very same evidence the President had. Seems like they saw things the very same way he did until they caught the popularity train.

It is facisnating to watch lefties try to spin every single issue of the day to be George Bush's fault. I don't care for him either, I'm a Libertarian (those that don't know that have been hiding under a rock) but I can see that the sky is blue and grass is green. Y'all need to change that ol tired stuff man. Saddam Hussein was a tyrant, he would have killed far more people than we have in ending this sorry thing. Don't misunderstand me, I would wish that never again would an American soldier die on foriegn soil but this constant spin this spin that about the war is tired man........tired.

Personally, I'm an action man myself. Fighting conventional war is a waste of time and our folks' lives. I think we should employ our expensive submarine warfare in cases like Iraq/Iran.

Aboard the USS Ohio.......0540 hours.

Captain, here are the codes.
Ok, .........do you have any cream XO?
Oh...ah..yes sir. Here we are!
All locked in?
Yes Sir!
Ok...

Still 0540 hours.

All set?
Aye Sir!
All righty. Could you hold my coffee for a moment?
Aye sir.
Everything verified?
Aye Sir.
Fire!

Still 0540 hours.

Thank You XO, ummm! This is good coffee.
Yes Sir it is.
Game of chess before breakfast?
Sure Bob.

It is now 0541 hours. The only difference is there is NO Iraq and NO fucking Iran.

Problem solved!