PDA

View Full Version : Voters In Nation's Garden Fleeing GOP

Psychoblues
08-11-2008, 03:16 AM
I wonder where that comes from?!?!?!?!?! Perhaps the GOP has worn out it's welcome with the growers of this country's groceries?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Source: Fresno Bee

The Republican Party, which overtook Valley Democrats in voter registration totals eight years ago, is losing ground for the first time in at least a decade.

After peaking just ahead of the 2004 presidential election, Republican registration numbers are down in Fresno, Tulare, Kings, Madera, Mariposa and Merced counties.

The GOP's decline is most obvious in Fresno County, where the losses have turned into an avalanche, even as the party gears up its efforts to keep the White House in GOP hands by electing Arizona Sen. John McCain as president.

... Bob Mulholland, campaign adviser to the California Democratic Party, points out that Democrats picked up almost 75% of the more than 411,000 new voter registrations statewide between voter-registration reports filed Jan. 22 and May 19.

During that same time, close to 21% of new registrations were decline-to-state. Republicans picked up just 3.6% of the new voters..........

More: http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/786635.html

I thinketh this is becoming a trend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
09-13-2008, 03:47 AM
As more people register to vote, so goes the power of the people, the Democrats!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

PostmodernProphet
09-13-2008, 05:37 AM
filed Jan. 22 and May 19

got anything current?.....

actsnoblemartin
09-13-2008, 08:55 PM
with all due respect blues man

I think the country is sick of both parties, but is too scared to get out of its comfort zone and vote for a third party.

It takes courage to vote for real change, a third party, a new way of thinking , instead of more of the democrat/republican non sense

I wonder where that comes from?!?!?!?!?! Perhaps the GOP has worn out it's welcome with the growers of this country's groceries?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Source: Fresno Bee

The Republican Party, which overtook Valley Democrats in voter registration totals eight years ago, is losing ground for the first time in at least a decade.

After peaking just ahead of the 2004 presidential election, Republican registration numbers are down in Fresno, Tulare, Kings, Madera, Mariposa and Merced counties.

The GOP's decline is most obvious in Fresno County, where the losses have turned into an avalanche, even as the party gears up its efforts to keep the White House in GOP hands by electing Arizona Sen. John McCain as president.

... Bob Mulholland, campaign adviser to the California Democratic Party, points out that Democrats picked up almost 75% of the more than 411,000 new voter registrations statewide between voter-registration reports filed Jan. 22 and May 19.

During that same time, close to 21% of new registrations were decline-to-state. Republicans picked up just 3.6% of the new voters..........

More: http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/786635.html

I thinketh this is becoming a trend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

emmett
09-13-2008, 09:26 PM
with all due respect blues man

I think the country is sick of both parties, but is too scared to get out of its comfort zone and vote for a third party.

It takes courage to vote for real change, a third party, a new way of thinking , instead of more of the democrat/republican non sense

I'll be damned Martin......I think you're getting it son!

Psychoblues
09-15-2008, 12:32 AM
Good catch, emmie!!!!!!!!!

I'll be damned Martin......I think you're getting it son!

Haven't I told you the same thing before about this?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Have one on me, my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute: