PDA

View Full Version : Witness to War

Mr. P
01-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Good site with oral video history by the men that were there.

I know this first guy. He repeats himself a bit but what a patriot he is! Many stories on the site.

http://www.witness-to-war.org/content/view.php?g=e&c=IC&v=8

Mr. P
06-05-2007, 12:19 PM
I should have brought this thread back to the top on memorial day.

Bill is still with us, but many are not.

Psychoblues
09-12-2007, 01:01 AM
I am a witness. What do you want to know?

TheStripey1
09-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Good site with oral video history by the men that were there.

I know this first guy. He repeats himself a bit but what a patriot he is! Many stories on the site.

http://www.witness-to-war.org/content/view.php?g=e&c=IC&v=8

Nice site, Cee W Ohh, I bookmarked it.

There's going to be a Ken Burns PBS special on The War later this month. I believe it will cover WWII...

:salute:

Mr. P
09-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Nice site, Cee W Ohh, I bookmarked it.

There's going to be a Ken Burns PBS special on The War later this month. I believe it will cover WWII...

:salute:

I don't want to miss that special, I heard about it last spring..This month you say? I haven't heard a date yet for it here yet.

Will you add your story to the Witness site. :salute:

manu1959
09-14-2007, 03:43 PM
I am a witness. What do you want to know?

i understand you have fought in every war since korea....tell me a story about each one....

Kathianne
09-14-2007, 06:44 PM
I should have brought this thread back to the top on memorial day.

Bill is still with us, but many are not.

I feel the same way, too many are going too quickly. My dad was one of the 'younger' ones, he was 21 when he went in. He died a couple weeks ago, at 86, 3 months short of 87.

I am so grateful that over the past 12 years or so, he finally opened up and told us some of what he did. Mostly it was 'hurry up and wait', but we finally found out why he had the purple heart.

Bill is extraordinary for sure, Mr. P. Please, if you speak to him, say 'thank you' for me.

Psychoblues
09-14-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't know if I agree with your premise, m'59.

i understand you have fought in every war since korea....tell me a story about each one....

My initial experience in direct American warfare was in Viet Nam and I rather winged it from there as best as I could. I have reported my experience several times on this board and it appears that you are still confused. I would rather leave your problems to yourself and your doctors.

emmett
09-15-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm sure y'all have all watched War Stories on Fox News. Col. North is a great narrator and uniquely qualified of course. The one about Bob Dole was the most inspirational episode I ever saw.

I'm gonna step out and say that we ought to curve it a bit on Psycho's military service. I know a secret. The answer is "no", I won't tell.

Psychoblues
09-16-2007, 09:30 PM
The American people don't need curves, emmett. The curves are what got me into all the trouble I've ever been in!!!!!!! Can you dig it?

Sir Evil
09-17-2007, 01:53 PM
My initial experience in direct American warfare was in Viet Nam and I rather winged it from there as best as I could. I have reported my experience several times on this board and it appears that you are still confused. I would rather leave your problems to yourself and your doctors.

Your initial experience from toy soldier magazines really don't factor in here Psycho. Find yourself a shovel, and go play in a mindfield.....Can you dig it?

TheStripey1
09-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I don't want to miss that special, I heard about it last spring..This month you say? I haven't heard a date yet for it here yet.

Will you add your story to the Witness site. :salute:

not likely... my story doesn't have as much action as those that are already there...

do you realize that most air force personnel stationed in Nam were NOT issued weapons... the only times I had one, an M-16, issued to me was when I volunteered for outpost duty and when I went on Mobilities.

I did however, buy an AK-47 for my own personal use... and I left it there... they had a restiction back then about bringing home fully automatic assault rifles... they still do, I think...

TheStripey1
09-17-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm sure y'all have all watched War Stories on Fox News. Col. North is a great narrator and uniquely qualified of course. The one about Bob Dole was the most inspirational episode I ever saw.

nope... I don't watch Fox Noise Channel for anything... it's not even on my remote...

:dance:

I do like Dog Fight though... it's on The History Channel...

TheStripey1
09-20-2007, 07:48 PM

It starts on Sunday, P... THIS Sunday... I meant to come back in and tell you when I found out two days ago but alas...

so many boards, so little time...

know what I mean?

Mr. P
09-20-2007, 08:29 PM
It starts on Sunday, P... THIS Sunday... I meant to come back in and tell you when I found out two days ago but alas...

so many boards, so little time...

know what I mean?

Thanks, Stripey! I checked and it starts here Sunday as well..:salute:

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm not much for Ken Burns but "The War" is a must see on PBS!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 02:45 AM
I'm certain that you have your "toy soldier" in your asshole as we speak, SE.

Your initial experience from toy soldier magazines really don't factor in here Psycho. Find yourself a shovel, and go play in a mindfield.....Can you dig it?

If you have any problems with anything I have said in the past or am saying now please be cognizant that I am not shy about honest conversation.

Sir Evil
09-26-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm certain that you have your "toy soldier" in your asshole as we speak, SE.

:laugh2:

I never really enjoyed toy soldiers, I was more into creepy crawlers. I'm thinking you probably amassed a ton of experience with those wars between the green & tan ones, did you shoot them down with rubber bands or something?

If you have any problems with anything I have said in the past or am saying now please be cognizant that I am not shy about honest conversation.

Quite the opposite, I have generally enjoyed what you have posted in the past, well the coherent ones anyway. Can you dig that?

Psychoblues
09-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Seriously, I apologize.

:laugh2:

I never really enjoyed toy soldiers, I was more into creepy crawlers. I'm thinking you probably amassed a ton of experience with those wars between the green & tan ones, did you shoot them down with rubber bands or something?

Quite the opposite, I have generally enjoyed what you have posted in the past, well the coherent ones anyway. Can you dig that?

You can keep your dildos in your drawers or in your ass. I really couldn't care less about where you keep them. Creepy Crawlers? Ewuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Seriously, I apologize.

You can keep your dildos in your drawers or in your ass. I really couldn't care less about where you keep them. Creepy Crawlers? Ewuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!

:lol::laugh2::lol::laugh2:

how did dildos get fitted into the equation?

Mr. P
09-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Guys, please...this thread is about U.S. history and the men that have served this country.

Thanks.

Psychoblues
09-27-2007, 11:31 PM
I thought you were talking about your "toy soldiers", Jeff?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:lol::laugh2::lol::laugh2:

how did dildos get fitted into the equation?

Whether rubber bands, tan or green ones I advocate that you can keep them and use them at your pleasure.

TheStripey1
10-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Guys, please...this thread is about U.S. history and the men that have served this country.

Thanks.

some people have no class...

so P, did you watch the whole thing? Did you learn anything that you never knew before?

In my case, yes to both...

In the very first episode, Mrs Stripey's and my jaws dropped when we learned that early in the conflict, an oil tanker was struck by a torpedo fired from a german U-Boat IN NYC harbor...

I asked my mother about recycling bacon grease... yes said she... everyone pitched in for the good of the nation...

I guess we could call those times... the good old days...

Mr. P
10-03-2007, 05:49 PM
some people have no class...

so P, did you watch the whole thing? Did you learn anything that you never knew before?

In my case, yes to both...

In the very first episode, Mrs Stripey's and my jaws dropped when we learned that early in the conflict, an oil tanker was struck by a torpedo fired from a german U-Boat IN NYC harbor...

I asked my mother about recycling bacon grease... yes said she... everyone pitched in for the good of the nation...

I guess we could call those times... the good old days...

Yes I've learned some things. I do recall hearing of the U-boats on the Atlantic coast. I didn't realize just how bad the Pacific was overall though.

It's being repeated here and I am still watching it.

"the good old days" ? Indeed, twas when we were still UNITED. :salute:

Psychoblues
10-03-2007, 10:10 PM
It's a great series for PBS. I hope you all watch it and keep your minds open to the real history of warfare and how it affects us all!!!!!!!!!!