PDA

View Full Version : Adoption

Yurt
03-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Brangelina have decided to adopt yet another foreign child.

This pisses me off. Adopt anywhere you want, fine, but these two are making a POINT out of adopting foreign. What about the kids here? Its like a godlike complex.

Roomy
03-17-2007, 12:28 PM

This pisses me off. Adopt anywhere you want, fine, but these two are making a POINT out of adopting foreign. What about the kids here? Its like a godlike complex.

I half agree, I can see the other side of the coin though, kids don't know or care about stuff like that, they just want a mam and dad that love them and look after them.A world without prejudice would be nice.

Gunny
03-17-2007, 12:33 PM

I can see your point; however, I think it's actually commendable that at least someone from the Hollyweird Elite crowd actually backs up their mouthes with some action.

As I assume you know, rasing kids is no picnic either financially or emotionally.

I'd just like to be around in about 16 years when Brad has that "Yes son, I AM your real father" talk with the Asian kid.:coffee:

krisy
03-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Angelina is the one that scares me......she is one wierd woman

Abbey Marie
03-17-2007, 03:06 PM
It's not so hard raising kids when you are both multi-millionaires, and can afford all the nannys, housekeepers and luxurious private jet vacations you want.

jimnyc
03-17-2007, 07:57 PM
I wish them rich bastards would adopt me! I'd be set for life, and try to have incest with my Mommy at every step. :)

shattered
03-17-2007, 08:01 PM
It's not so hard raising kids when you are both multi-millionaires, and can afford all the nannys, housekeepers and luxurious private jet vacations you want.

On one hand, at least the kids are getting a home, and being provided for...

On the other, it's unfortunate that at least 50% of them will grow up with no actual values being taught, and will probably become very spoiled.

Yurt
03-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Ok, fair enough about the kids having a home. And kids are kids the world over and all deserve parents. It just seems that with their political comments about a multi-ethnic family that they are doing this for political purposes more than for the kids. Then again, maybe that could be said for anyone adopting, they want to have a kid as bad as they want the kid to have a home.

It just reminded me of situation in my church a decade or so ago where the focus on missionary work was virtually every but in the US. It was fashionable to be a missionary oversees (guilty, I went to the south pacific and taught youngsters english for a year, oh and surfed, snorkled, ate fresh coconuts...) But then I realized that many, including myself tend to do things in and for other countries for reasons that are mostly about us. And that we need to look into our own backyard.

No kids yet, not mature enough...:dance: