PDA

View Full Version : I have been chosen!

KitchenKitten99
08-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Albeit, I really wanted to be at the convention itself, but I am not going to get picky, since very few people out of several-hundred thousand applicants were chosen.

I'll be working at one or two of the hotels that the VIP guests will be staying. I will be there in the afternoons/evenings of 8/29, 8/30, & 8/31. My job will be to greet and assist the VIP guests with whatever they need.

So, I now have a real excuse to go clothes shopping... :D

manu1959
08-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Albeit, I really wanted to be at the convention itself, but I am not going to get picky, since very few people out of several-hundred thousand applicants were chosen.

I'll be working at one or two of the hotels that the VIP guests will be staying. I will be there in the afternoons/evenings of 8/29, 8/30, & 8/31. My job will be to greet and assist the VIP guests with whatever they need.

by something low cut..........:poke:

Mr. P
08-12-2008, 11:47 PM

It IS what the VIP guests like most...errr well..cept for....um....:cheers2:

KitchenKitten99
08-13-2008, 09:25 AM

low but classy is my goal... I am getting an email today about appropriate attire. Probably semi-formal or business-type. I have a couple outfits, but I need matching shoes at least. Maybe just one new outfit is needed... hmmm... and I need my grey blazer taken in a little.

Kathianne
08-13-2008, 09:27 AM

Congratulations! That should be fun and exciting!

remie
08-13-2008, 09:40 AM
low but classy is my goal... I am getting an email today about appropriate attire. Probably semi-formal or business-type. I have a couple outfits, but I need matching shoes at least. Maybe just one new outfit is needed... hmmm... and I need my grey blazer taken in a little.

I dunno what they think, but short black and tight always is a great choice.

PostmodernProphet
08-13-2008, 10:35 AM
which convention?......

hjmick
08-13-2008, 10:38 AM
which convention?......

Based on the dates, I'm guessing the Democratic convention. Nope, my bad, but the RNC dates are September 1-4, 2008... now I'm confused... The DNC is August 25-28, 2008... I guess Fuzzy isn't working the actual days of the convention then, just the days leading up to the event.

Little-Acorn
08-13-2008, 10:44 AM

That may or may not be a good idea, depending on which convention you're talking about being chosen for (you gave no hint which one it was).

Bill Clinton will be at the one in Denver. If that's the one, then the only low-cut attire you'd better wear, is a chastity belt. Plus a suit of armor for warding off flying lamps and ash trays when Hillary catches him. Again.

If it's the Republican convention, then you should be fine.

KitchenKitten99
08-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Based on the dates, I'm guessing the Democratic convention. Nope, my bad, but the RNC dates are September 1-4, 2008... now I'm confused... The DNC is August 25-28, 2008... I guess Fuzzy isn't working the actual days of the convention then, just the days leading up to the event.

You're correct that I am working the dates beforehand for the RNC being held here in MN. The guests (VIP's & delegates) start arriving between the 25th & 30th. The VIP party is the evening of the 31st. I will be part of the welcoming group as well as assisting the guests with needs so that the hotel staff can tend to their normal jobs.

However there is the possibility of being invited to the VIP party by either a VIP or a delegate, or if other volunteers are needed, from what I have been told.

KitchenKitten99
08-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Well, so much for shopping. I just found out that the 'committee' just recently decided to issue the volunteers special polo shirts to help us stand out from everyone else. So I have to wear the shirt and from what the email said, khaki-colored pants or skirt.

Grr. I wear this same get-up for my PT job...

Oh well.

Gaffer
08-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Well, so much for shopping. I just found out that the 'committee' just recently decided to issue the volunteers special polo shirts to help us stand out from everyone else. So I have to wear the shirt and from what the email said, khaki-colored pants or skirt.

Oh well.

So much for looking good and hobknobing with the VIPS. Just one of the servants.

08-14-2008, 01:51 PM

Oh well.

well who says that you cant buy a new outfit regardless?

Abbey Marie
08-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Sorry, Fuzzy; it sounds like a Best Buy or Circuit City uniform.
It makes sense, though. It's gender-neutral and all that.

KitchenKitten99
08-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Sorry, Fuzzy; it sounds like a Best Buy or Circuit City uniform.
It makes sense, though. It's gender-neutral and all that.

I work PT at OfficeMax. Black polo-style shirt provided by them and khaki's or khaki-colored pants. Actually fairly comfortable, but yeah, Not all that hot... :mad:

I think I get to keep the convention shirt, so it will be a cool souvenir I guess.

KitchenKitten99
08-15-2008, 09:27 AM
well who says that you cant buy a new outfit regardless?

Cuz DH says no new outfits unless I have a specific reason and nothing else I have is appropriate for the occasion. I have plenty of nice, appropriate outfits that I barely wear, but because this is a really special event, he was gonna let me have a little fun with it.