PDA

View Full Version : New documents show Obama cover-up on born-alive survivors bill

red states rule
08-13-2008, 06:51 AM
Obama did not want to extend protection to babies who were still alive after an abortion

Obama Lied About Vote Against Live-Birth Abortion Ban, Media Mum
By Warner Todd Huston

August 13, 2008 - 05:17 ET

Jill Stanek has done yeoman's work on uncovering the fact that Barack Obama and his surrogates have been outright lying about Obama's constant votes against the Live-Birth abortion bills when he was in office in the State legislature. His claims have been a staple of Old Media reports from the beginning, but now that Stanek has revealed the truth we will have to see if the Old Media corrects the record or if they suddenly just go mum on the subject like they have so far.

The Born-Alive Infants Protection Act (BAIPA) both in the Illinois and Federal legislatures was meant to make illegal death by neglect of born but unwanted infants. These bills were opposed by the bulk of the Democrat Party because of the fact that the original bills could have been construed to say that a pre-birth fetus was a "person" that was protected by law. So, the bill in Congress was altered to address that concern by adding a "neutrality clause" that made it clear that the bill would not protect a fetus in utero.

As Obama continues to tell the tale, as a State Senator he said he voted against the Illinois bill because the Federal "neutrality clause" was not included and that therefore he could not support the Illinois bill. Turns out he is not telling the truth about this fact. Even worse, he knows better because he was part of the legislative committee that added that very "neutrality clause" to the very bill he voted against in 2003.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/08/13/obama-lied-about-vote-against-live-birth-abortion-ban-media-mum

and

http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2008/08/breaking_news_n_1.html

and

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=24481

PostmodernProphet
08-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Even worse, he knows better because he was part of the legislative committee that added that very "neutrality clause" to the very bill he voted against in 2003.

and, according to official Illinois records, the only member of that committee to vote against bringing the bill to the floor.....

stephanie
08-13-2008, 08:55 AM
The Obambam is one sick sob..:puke:

I wonder if he thought of his own kids as he voted against this..

Kathianne
08-13-2008, 08:58 AM
The was one sick bill. His spin doesn't work on it either, didn't then or now.

theHawk
08-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Here is his vote on it:

Three bills were introduced during Obama’s tenure in Illinois Senate. The following is a brief chronology of events.

2001 Senate Bill 1095, Born Alive Infant Protection Act
March 28, 2001 Obama voted “no” on Bill 1095 in the Illinois Senate Judiciary Committee.
March 30, 2001 Obama voted “present” on Bill 1095 after verbally opposing the bill on Senate floor.
2002 Senate Bill 1662, Born Alive Infant Protection Act
March 6, 2002 Obama voted “no” on Bill 1662 in the Illinois Senate Judiciary Committee.
April 4, 2002 Obama voted “no” on Bill 1662 and verbally opposing the bill on Senate floor.
2003 Senate Bill 1082, Born Alive Infant Protection Act
March 6, 2003 Health & Human Services Committee, chaired by Barack Obama blocked Committee vote.
March 13, 2003, Obama stopped the senate sponsor from adding a clarification paragraph from the federal Born Alive Infant Protection Act, to make the bills absolutely identical. Link to Amendment 001 protecting Roe v. Wade

Here's a wonderful Presidential quote from this shitbag:

“What difference do two or three minutes inside or outside the womb really make? One’s ‘late-term’ and the other’s ‘postpartum’”. — Barack Obama, 2007 Stem Cells R US convention.

http://pennance.us/home/

How anyone can support such a scumbag is beyond me.

Trigg
08-13-2008, 09:56 AM
McCain should stop running those idiotic paris ads and use facts from Obama's voting record.

How anyone could vote against giving medical aid to infants born alive after an attempted abortion is beyond me.

red states rule
08-13-2008, 12:17 PM
McCain should stop running those idiotic paris ads and use facts from Obama's voting record.

How anyone could vote against giving medical aid to infants born alive after an attempted abortion is beyond me.

The Obamabots would tag that as a hate filled racist ad of course

08-13-2008, 03:42 PM
This makes me physically ill.

theHawk
08-13-2008, 03:47 PM
This makes me physically ill.

It would make anyone with a shred of humanity in them sick to their stomach.

I wonder why MFM and the other Obamaphiles are avoiding this thread like the plague.

Trigg
08-13-2008, 04:34 PM
It would make anyone with a shred of humanity in them sick to their stomach.

I wonder why MFM and the other Obamaphiles are avoiding this thread like the plague.

They've got their heads in the sand. They're so busy slapping themselves on the back because they voted for a black man that they don't want to see what the man actually stands for.

Yurt
08-13-2008, 04:41 PM
They've got their heads in the sand. They're so busy slapping themselves on the back because they voted for a black man that they don't want to see what the man actually stands for.

excellanto. i think this is also the reason they are quick to shout "racist" to any who questions their cult leader. now that their party has nearly nominated a black person, he must be seen as perfect for this will cement the dems as being the most non-racist party there is....gag me. at least we see the truth.

My Winter Storm
08-13-2008, 11:17 PM
As pro choice as I am, I believe that once a baby has been born it is a person and must therefore be afforded all protection under the law. The babies born alive during abortions are people and should be protected.

08-14-2008, 12:12 AM

I don't think they have their head in the sand. I think they agree.

08-14-2008, 12:12 AM
As pro choice as I am, I believe that once a baby has been born it is a person and must therefore be afforded all protection under the law. The babies born alive during abortions are people and should be protected.

You mean pro-abortion. Choice has nothing to do with it.

PostmodernProphet
08-14-2008, 06:46 AM

the vast majority of Americans and every Illinois Senator except one, agrees with you.....

April15
08-14-2008, 06:09 PM
The world was so much better off when a doc could determine if a child was stillborn even when not.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 06:10 PM
The world was so much better off when a doc could determine if a child was stillborn even when not.

So you have no problem with Obama allowing a baby to die if it survives an abortion?

April15
08-14-2008, 06:12 PM
So you have no problem with Obama allowing a baby to die if it survives an abortion?To hell with Obama my opinion is the doc should find the trash can.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 06:14 PM
To hell with Obama my opinion is the doc should find the trash can.

Even with the baby still alive?

April15
08-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Even with the baby still alive?Have you never killed anything? I don't mean ants or cockroaches either.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Have you never killed anything? I don't mean ants or cockroaches either.

So you have no problem with tossing a live baby in a trash can?

April15
08-14-2008, 06:36 PM
So you have no problem with tossing a live baby in a trash can?Killing is not a problem for me. I used to have to kill for my daily food and that changes your perspective on life.

Kathianne
08-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Killing is not a problem for me. I used to have to kill for my daily food and that changes your perspective on life.

You practiced cannibalism?

April15
08-14-2008, 06:41 PM
You practiced cannibalism?NO! I killed dear, rabbit, birds of different kinds. As a trapper I killed Bobcat, Fox, and a number of unwanted species that got caught in the traps.
I tried some of them and yuk!

red states rule
08-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Killing is not a problem for me. I used to have to kill for my daily food and that changes your perspective on life.

Why are you NOT answering a simple yes or no question?

Kathianne
08-14-2008, 06:43 PM
NO! I killed dear, rabbit, birds of different kinds. As a trapper I killed Bobcat, Fox, and a number of unwanted species that got caught in the traps.

and a born alive human infant you equate with bobcats, foxes, and a number of unwanted species? Is this really the argument you wish to make?

red states rule
08-14-2008, 06:43 PM
NO! I killed dear, rabbit, birds of different kinds. As a trapper I killed Bobcat, Fox, and a number of unwanted species that got caught in the traps.

April, we are not talkiing about a deer, a rabbit, or a bird. We are talking about a baby who survives an abortion

Are you saying to toss the living and breathing baby in a trash can?

Yes or no are your choices

April15
08-14-2008, 06:47 PM
April, we are not talkiing about a deer, a rabbit, or a bird. We are talking about a baby who survives an abortion

Are you saying to toss the living and breathing baby in a trash can?

Yes or no are your choicesToss the baby in the trash and grind up the little piece of shit! Death is not a problem it is living that creates problems.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Toss the baby in the trash and grind up the little piece of shit! Death is not a problem it is living that creates problems.

April. you are one sick SOB. How is a baby a problem?

Kathianne
08-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Toss the baby in the trash and grind up the little piece of shit! Death is not a problem it is living that creates problems.

You may be able to communicate very well, you say so. However you are missing something in common with the non-sociopaths in our society. Not speaking of religion or anything like that. Basic humanity.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 06:52 PM
You may be able to communicate very well, you say so. However you are missing something in common with the non-sociopaths in our society. Not speaking of religion or anything like that. Basic humanity.

So much for April the liberal wanting 14th Amendment protection for ALL Americans

April15
08-14-2008, 07:37 PM
April. you are one sick SOB. How is a baby a problem?For me there is no problem. For you, my guess is there is a problem.

April15
08-14-2008, 07:39 PM
You may be able to communicate very well, you say so. However you are missing something in common with the non-sociopaths in our society. Not speaking of religion or anything like that. Basic humanity.Basic humanity? Be careful how you describe what that is.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 07:40 PM
For me there is no problem. For you, my guess is there is a problem.

My problem is with libs like you who whine about their rights being violated by Pres Bush, yet at the same time want to deny rights to living breathing babies

I have a problem with libs who scream about rights for terrorists, but want to deny 14 Amendment protection to newborns

Your sick double standards are amazing

April15
08-14-2008, 07:44 PM
So much for April the liberal wanting 14th Amendment protection for ALL AmericansThe protections are there. The issue at hand is religious. Basic humanity is covered in survival of the fittest. Capitalism is an extension of that premise.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 07:48 PM
The protections are there. The issue at hand is religious. Basic humanity is covered in survival of the fittest. Capitalism is an extension of that premise.

Stop with your liberal BS. You said to toss the living baby in a trash can - you are for denying the child its protection under the 14th Amendment like the asshole Obama is for

If you even have a clue what the 14th Amendment says

Kathianne
08-14-2008, 07:57 PM
The protections are there. The issue at hand is religious. Basic humanity is covered in survival of the fittest. Capitalism is an extension of that premise.

Government, civilization, rule of law are all there to mitigate/check the 'survival of the fittest' type of behavior. That type of logic was and is barbaric, today it's called being a sociopath, which is why when those that fail to repress those instincts act out, we wish them arrested, tried, and jailed.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 08:09 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/116777.jpg

Abbey Marie
08-14-2008, 09:07 PM

You are the most bitter person I've ever encountered. I don't even want to imagine what happened to you to make you this way.

April15
08-14-2008, 09:34 PM
You are the most bitter person I've ever encountered. I don't even want to imagine what happened to you to make you this way.Conservatives!

April15
08-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Government, civilization, rule of law are all there to mitigate/check the 'survival of the fittest' type of behavior. That type of logic was and is barbaric, today it's called being a sociopath, which is why when those that fail to repress those instincts act out, we wish them arrested, tried, and jailed.Then how does Bush get a pass?

red states rule
08-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Conservatives!

So it is our fault you are a sick, bitter, and demented asshole?

stephanie
08-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Conservatives!

good gawd..seek help.

April15
08-14-2008, 09:40 PM
So it is our fault you are a sick, bitter, and demented asshole?There is no fault just a reason. And it is Mr. Asshole to you from now on!

April15
08-14-2008, 09:41 PM
good gawd..seek help.Why? I am one of the few normal posters on this board.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 09:43 PM
There is no fault just a reason. And it is Mr. Asshole to you from now on!

You live your life as a liberl. You are a financial failure, and you blame others

You whine about how your business stinks, and you blame others

Maybe killing babies cheers you up

Who knows?

April15
08-14-2008, 09:47 PM
You live your life as a liberl. You are a financial failure, and you blame others

You whine about how your business stinks, and you blame others

Maybe killing babies cheers you up

Who knows?If that is what you make of my comments then I must be.
I comment on construction being in the dumps in California and that makes MY business stink? Perhaps it is I who has the ethics and you who lack them.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 09:49 PM
If that is what you make of my comments then I must be.
I comment on construction being in the dumps in California and that makes MY business stink? Perhaps it is I who has the ethics and you who lack them.

You blame Pres Reagan for your going bankrupt

CA is taxing people and companies to death - maybe that might explain why construction "stinks"

Ethics - you would do not know the meaning of the word

Now when it comes to hate, you have that down pat

manu1959
08-14-2008, 09:54 PM

CA is taxing people and companies to death - maybe that might explain why construction "stinks"

funny thing...it would appear when reagan was gov he diud well but when he was the pres he did not.....anyone know who the gov was during the reagan years.....

red states rule
08-14-2008, 09:56 PM
funny thing...it would appear when reagan was gov he diud well but when he was the pres he did not.....anyone know who the gov was during the reagan years.....

Gov Moonbeam?

I am taking a wild guess here

April15
08-14-2008, 09:59 PM

My bankruptcy occured while he was president. His monetary policies put many into bankruptcy. A rising tide does not float all boats. Friedmans financial ideas are failures.
California is not taxing people and companies to death. Construction stinks for several reasons. Deregulation, raygun, is one of those problems that is being rectified by re regulation. During the next few years construction in the residential market will be slow.
Ethics is a class and test that financial wizards must take and pass to be licensed. I passed them with ease.
As for hate you are mistaken.

April15
08-14-2008, 10:02 PM
funny thing...it would appear when reagan was gov he diud well but when he was the pres he did not.....anyone know who the gov was during the reagan years.....Sorry bubka but ronnie fucked up California. His actions made thousands homeless and good wages harder to get.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 10:03 PM
My bankruptcy occured while he was president. His monetary policies put many into bankruptcy. A rising tide does not float all boats. Friedmans financial ideas are failures.
California is not taxing people and companies to death. Construction stinks for several reasons. Deregulation, raygun, is one of those problems that is being rectified by re regulation. During the next few years construction in the residential market will be slow.
Ethics is a class and test that financial wizards must take and pass to be licensed. I passed them with ease.
As for hate you are mistaken.

He so bad, he only won 49 out of 50 states in 1984 :laugh2:

Libs like you always look for others to blame for their own failures

As far as CA taxes:

snip

According to the coalition, California is home to the fifth highest tax burden in the nation, while the size of the state budget has increased by 30 percent, or $34 billion, over the past five years. Personal income taxes are the largest single revenue source, accounting for more than half of the general fund revenues

http://www.americansforprosperity.org/index.php?id=5814&state=ca

April15
08-14-2008, 10:05 PM
He so bad, he only won 49 out of 50 states in 1984 :laugh2:

Libs like you always look for others to blame for their own failures

As far as CA taxes:

snip

According to the coalition, California is home to the fifth highest tax burden in the nation, while the size of the state budget has increased by 30 percent, or $34 billion, over the past five years. Personal income taxes are the largest single revenue source, accounting for more than half of the general fund revenues

http://www.americansforprosperity.org/index.php?id=5814&state=ca

Are you envious of million dollar homes? Wages here are far and away better than just about anywhere else. So higher revenues from taxes is a given.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Are you envious of million dollar homes? Wages here are far and away better than just about anywhere else. So higher revenues from taxes is a given.

But you just said how lousy things are

Maybe you want Obama and Dems to make CA #1 in taxes. then you will really be prosperous :laugh2:

April15
08-14-2008, 10:09 PM
But you just said how lousy things are

Maybe you want Obama and Dems to make CA #1 in taxes. then you will really be prosperous :laugh2:In construction. You really are a literal thinker.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 10:11 PM
In construction. You really are a literal thinker.

So where do all the homes come from? New businesses? New development?

Seems you have to get your talking points in order and stick with them

manu1959
08-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Sorry bubka but ronnie fucked up California. His actions made thousands homeless and good wages harder to get.

so your business did well or did poorly while reagan was gov.....

theHawk
08-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Sorry bubka but ronnie fucked up California. His actions made thousands homeless and good wages harder to get.

You're so full of shit it would take a septic tank truck a week to drain you dry.
I grew up in California during the "Raygun" years and its going to shit since then had nothing to do with him, it had to do with the zero immigration enforcement policy this country has had for the last 40 years.

Kathianne
08-15-2008, 07:07 AM
There is no fault just a reason. And it is Mr. Asshole to you from now on!

I don't necessarily think that someone down on their luck is a failure; the other day when you brought the unemployment thing up I'm quite certain I expressed empathy with you. Even though for the most part I strongly disagreed with most of your posts right up to that point. That's basic humanity.

While you, as an adult have 'a reason' that you can understand for what happened, it's normal for most people to feel that you can and will find a way to make things work out for you. NOT, grind you up and dump you. That's what I meant about 'basic humanity.'

You asked me to 'watch how I define that.' I wasn't sure what you were alluding to, still am not. I probably would disagree with your thoughts on it.

However, I see a child fall off their bike, I run over and ask them if alright. I straiten up the bike, if they need a bandaid, I'll walk them home. When a family in the neighborhood had a death in the family, we help out. Yeah, I raised my children to have empathy and recognize that those hurt, through their own faults or whimsy, need help and encouragement.

I give to the charities I can afford, I volunteer in PADS center. That I don't believe in government programs and more effective local one, is a choice, not an excuse not to help.

April15
08-15-2008, 05:53 PM
I don't necessarily think that someone down on their luck is a failure; the other day when you brought the unemployment thing up I'm quite certain I expressed empathy with you. Even though for the most part I strongly disagreed with most of your posts right up to that point. That's basic humanity.

While you, as an adult have 'a reason' that you can understand for what happened, it's normal for most people to feel that you can and will find a way to make things work out for you. NOT, grind you up and dump you. That's what I meant about 'basic humanity.'

You asked me to 'watch how I define that.' I wasn't sure what you were alluding to, still am not. I probably would disagree with your thoughts on it.

However, I see a child fall off their bike, I run over and ask them if alright. I straiten up the bike, if they need a bandaid, I'll walk them home. When a family in the neighborhood had a death in the family, we help out. Yeah, I raised my children to have empathy and recognize that those hurt, through their own faults or whimsy, need help and encouragement.

I give to the charities I can afford, I volunteer in PADS center. That I don't believe in government programs and more effective local one, is a choice, not an excuse not to help.

Kathianne,
You did express concern for my plight. I am now working again. From what I see of your posts moderate is a word that could describe you. My vitrial is for the less thinking ones. More people like you would be wonderful.

Kathianne
08-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Kathianne,
You did express concern for my plight. I am now working again. From what I see of your posts moderate is a word that could describe you. My vitrial is for the less thinking ones. More people like you would be wonderful.

I'm happy for you. I like to think I'm moderate in my basic human standards, I was pretty strict as a parent. I understand someone doing their best and falling short of expectations. Overall, the 'humanity belief' has served me well.

I've loved and lost. I've had bling and been really down on my luck. I never have given up the hope that things will get better. That's the message I've tried to give to my kids, the kids I teach, my friends and myself.

That's why I was outraged by your callousness towards a human infant that was alive after an abortion. If I see an animal suffering, I'd give what aid I could or get someone more qualified to try to.

April15
08-16-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm happy for you. I like to think I'm moderate in my basic human standards, I was pretty strict as a parent. I understand someone doing their best and falling short of expectations. Overall, the 'humanity belief' has served me well.

I've loved and lost. I've had bling and been really down on my luck. I never have given up the hope that things will get better. That's the message I've tried to give to my kids, the kids I teach, my friends and myself.

That's why I was outraged by your callousness towards a human infant that was alive after an abortion. If I see an animal suffering, I'd give what aid I could or get someone more qualified to try to.

'I was in a rather contrary mood, I didn't mean to come out sounding so callous, bitter, nasty, choose your own word.

Part of me was just wanting to bait RSR, but having read some of his posts, while we will probably not ever be on the same page, well he is not the smelliest poster around. Having read through some responses, I know I may have gone over the top.

I'll probably never be pro-life, but really believe that if an infant survives an abortion attempt, reasonable means to help them live or at least given a chance should be employed. I mean they did beat the odds so !

red states rule
08-16-2008, 04:31 PM
'I was in a rather contrary mood, I didn't mean to come out sounding so callous, bitter, nasty, choose your own word.

Part of me was just wanting to bait RSR, but having read some of his posts, while we will probably not ever be on the same page, well he is not the smelliest poster around. Having read through some responses, I know I may have gone over the top.

I'll probably never be pro-life, but really believe that if an infant survives an abortion attempt, reasonable means to help them live or at least given a chance should be employed. I mean they did beat the odds so !

With this April, please accept my apology for coming down on you over your comments

April15
08-16-2008, 04:51 PM
With this April, please accept my apology for coming down on you over your commentsAccepted. But I don't think you came down very hard.

red states rule
08-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Accepted. But I don't think you came down very hard.

Thank you April.

stephanie
08-16-2008, 06:24 PM
I still say, Liberalism is a mental disorder..

:dance:

red states rule
08-16-2008, 06:26 PM
I still say, Liberalism is a mental disorder..

:dance:

It is also a cancer that spreads thru your body