PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Veterans - Miss your chance to join USAA?

darin
08-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Got this via Email. Just passing the word:

USAA has long been working toward serving the entire military community. Since our founding in 1922, we've expanded eligibility as we've grown our financial strength and built the operational capacity to accommodate additional groups of members. USAA is stronger today than at any time in our 86-year history, which enables us to offer the benefits of USAA membership to more military families than ever before.

I am very pleased to announce that USAA is opening membership to include the following:

Military retirees who served honorably, regardless of when they retired
ilitary personnel honorably discharged on or after January 1, 1996
Widows and widowers of military members killed in action while eligible

After they join, spouses and children of the above may also be eligible to enjoy the benefits of membership.

www.usaa.com

gabosaurus
08-13-2008, 06:18 PM
That sounds like a remarkable organization. I hope as many vets as possible have a chance to join.

Sitarro
08-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Got this via Email. Just passing the word:

www.usaa.com

I've been a member for 22 years, great company.:salute:

Mr. P
08-14-2008, 07:49 AM
I've been a member for 22 years, great company.:salute:

31 years for me, I bank with them as well. No one can beat their insurance rates or service. Plus every yr they make a deposit into a savings account for you and if you insure your home with them they refund a portion of your premium every year.

crin63
08-14-2008, 08:31 AM
And hey if you rearend someone your rates shouldn't go up because USAA sticks it to the party that was rearended.

Sorry bad experience on the receiving end of USAA.

darin
08-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Maybe the person who was rear-ended was at fault? If not, the person who got hit - their insurance should have faught things.

:)

Oh - and 9 years for me! :)

crin63
08-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Maybe the person who was rear-ended was at fault? If not, the person who got hit - their insurance should have faught things.

:)

Oh - and 9 years for me! :)

This incident as well as another taught me a valuable lesson about trying to be reasonable with insurance companies. Don't! I will just retain an attorney when dealing with insurance other than my own in the future. I won't try to be reasonable or pleasant. I will just go for the throat right from the start.

darin
08-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Before I had USAA I had to fight my OWN insurance company with every claim.