PDA

View Full Version : Required To Volunteer?

red states rule
08-13-2008, 12:38 PM
How typical of the left to require people to volunteer. The libs keep providing great material

Required To Volunteer? Obama Ticket Giveaway Causes Confusion
Some Being Told They Must Volunteer To Get In
Russell Haythorn, 7NEWS Reporter

POSTED: 6:16 pm MDT August 12, 2008
UPDATED: 10:40 am MDT August 13, 2008

DENVER -- The Obama campaign has begun notifying people who got tickets for the big acceptance speech at Invesco Field the final night of the convention.

Many of those who received tickets told 7NEWS they have come with a caveat.

Those viewers said the campaign told them they must volunteer six hours for the campaign by Friday in order to get a ticket.

"I got a call that if I want the tickets I have to volunteer two shifts of three hours apiece -- for one ticket. If I want two tickets, then it's four shifts of two hours apiece," said Berenice Christensen.

Another 7NEWS viewer sent an e-mail that said, "I received a call Monday saying I could 'qualify' for the tickets if I do 12 hours of volunteer work for the Obama campaign between now and Friday the 15th."

The viewer e-mail goes on, "To work 40 hours at my job, get to and from work, get to and from the campaign office and complete the 12 hours in three days would be next to impossible."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/politics/17174212/detail.htmlhttp://www.thedenverchannel.com/politics/17174212/detail.html

midcan5
08-13-2008, 01:59 PM
RSR, you have to realize unlike you, democrats, liberals, and other good people realize work is important to a society.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

http://politicati.blogspot.com/2008/02/mccain-left-his-crippled-wife-for-25.html

red states rule
08-13-2008, 02:01 PM
RSR, you have to realize unlike you, democrats, liberals, and other good people realize work is important to a society.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

http://politicati.blogspot.com/2008/02/mccain-left-his-crippled-wife-for-25.html

Well I think this is great. Libs love to run others peoples lives; and tell us how we MUST contribute for the common good; but now it is the libs in this article who are bitching about be FORCED to do the public service work

I find it funny as hell

Immanuel
08-13-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't see a problem with this. They are giving out tickets to an event but requesting that those who receive the tickets volunteer some time. It's not forced labor. It is simply saying rather than buying the tickets, in order to receive tickets from us, we ask that you support our cause by volunteering some of your time.

There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

If the person who gets the tickets doesn't want to volunteer their time, they simply don't have to accept the tickets.

Immie

red states rule
08-13-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't see a problem with this. They are giving out tickets to an event but requesting that those who receive the tickets volunteer some time. It's not forced labor. It is simply saying rather than buying the tickets, in order to receive tickets from us, we ask that you support our cause by volunteering some of your time.

There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Immie

I find it comical it is the libs who are pissed over this, when the left is constantly telling the rest of us how we should live our lives

Immanuel
08-13-2008, 02:32 PM
I find it comical it is the libs who are pissed over this, when the left is constantly telling the rest of us how we should live our lives

My simple reply would be, "thank you for your support, we understand, but these tickets are not free. In lieu of cash we offered an alternative method of payment. We have many people who would like tickets and are volunteering today. I can make arrangements for you to volunteer or I can pass these tickets on to a fellow supporter."

I would do this without being nasty, but the fact is these tickets aren't being given away and it is not unreasonable for the DNC to request a recipient to volunteer for the tickets.

The whiners just need to get over it. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind being there to hear that speach.

Immie

red states rule
08-13-2008, 02:40 PM
The whiners just need to get over it. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind being there to hear that speach.

Immie

Libs never stop whining

Why would you want to hear the speech. Suffering from insomnia?

Immanuel
08-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Libs never stop whining

Why would you want to hear the speech. Suffering from insomnia?

I think it would be interesting to see something like that. Never been to anything in that realm and I would find it interesting.

Unfortunately, my snickering and guffawing would probably get me thrown out or killed in the first three paragraphs. :laugh2:

Immie

red states rule
08-13-2008, 02:49 PM
I think it would be interesting to see something like that. Never been to anything in that realm and I would find it interesting.

Unfortunately, my snickering and guffawing would probably get me thrown out or killed in the first three paragraphs. :laugh2:

Immie

I will save you the trouble of watching him speak

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3026/2700117026_0f4c6dbc4e.jpg?v=0

Kathianne
08-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Oh I'd go and see him, even listen. It's historical whether he wins or loses.

red states rule
08-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh I'd go and see him, even listen. It's historical whether he wins or loses.

PLEASE make sure you are near the First Aid station in case you faint :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-13-2008, 02:54 PM
PLEASE make sure you are near the First Aid station in case you faint :laugh2:

LOL! I doubt I'd be that overcome. :laugh2:

red states rule
08-13-2008, 02:56 PM
LOL! I doubt I'd be that overcome. :laugh2:

Strange how women have stopped fainting all of a sudden. If I was there I would make sure to be near the First Aid station - so I could grab a barf bag

crin63
08-13-2008, 03:21 PM

Of course democrats, liberal and other so-called good people think work is important to society, otherwise you wouldn't have anyone to take money from to buy votes from those that don't work. Its difficult for your wealth redistribution plan to play out if people don't work also. So I can see your point.

I still think its funny how libs are always talking about helping the poor but conservatives give 30% more to charity than liberals.

red states rule
08-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Liberals view of the US taxpayer

http://images.inmagine.com/img/imagezoo/iz136/iz136024.jpg

08-13-2008, 03:43 PM

Unlike liberals, conservatives recognize what forced volunteerism actually is. Slavery.

red states rule
08-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Unlike liberals, conservatives recognize what forced volunteerism actually is. Slavery.

I thought Pelosi and company apologized for that?

retiredman
08-13-2008, 06:11 PM

so you are suggesting that offering tickets to Obama's speech in return for a few hours of working for the democratic election effort is tantamount to SLAVERY????

Oh, the melodrama is overwhelming!:lol:

red states rule
08-13-2008, 06:13 PM
so you are suggesting that offering tickets to Obama's speech in return for a few hours of working for the democratic election effort is tantamount to SLAVERY????

It is force of habit - libs live to tell others what to do and how to live their lives

Now it is the libs bitching they have to do the mandatory voluntary service

bullypulpit
08-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Another episode of "Tempest in a Tea-pot", brought to you by RSR...The first choice of right wing-nuts everywhere! (Soap opera music swells in background)

red states rule
08-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Another episode of "Tempest in a Tea-pot", brought to you by RSR...The first choice of right wing-nuts everywhere! (Soap opera music swells in background)

I hope you enjoy reading how some of your fellow Obamabots are pissed at their messiah

I know I do

Yurt
08-13-2008, 06:28 PM

apparently it is moron, but you sit in your elite little world and look down on those who have to still work for a living and do find it difficult...i trust you simply failed to read the OP carefully and are not purposefully being dishonest.

obviously it is a concern:

"I got a call that if I want the tickets I have to volunteer two shifts of three hours apiece -- for one ticket. If I want two tickets, then it's four shifts of two hours apiece," said Berenice Christensen.

Another 7NEWS viewer sent an e-mail that said, "I received a call Monday saying I could 'qualify' for the tickets if I do 12 hours of volunteer work for the Obama campaign between now and Friday the 15th."

The viewer e-mail goes on, "To work 40 hours at my job, get to and from work, get to and from the campaign office and complete the 12 hours in three days would be next to impossible."

to force someone to work, servitude, for something of "value" is slavery in this instance. some people may not have the time, rather they have the money. i can't believe any dems supports this, oh wait, given it is mfm, no surprise there.

gabosaurus
08-13-2008, 06:28 PM
As Rush once said "You don't get something for nothing. You don't get freedom for free."

What is the difference between requiring campaign work to attend a rally and requiring a ton of money to attend a fundraising dinner? If you don't want to do the work, don't ask for the tickets.
Applies to both parties.

MtnBiker
08-13-2008, 06:38 PM
How many of these people would have requested tickets knowing that they would be required to fullfill a volunteer schedule?

It seems a bit of a bait and switch.

retiredman
08-13-2008, 06:41 PM
How many of these people would have requested tickets knowing that they would be required to fullfill a volunteer schedule?

It seems a bit of a bait and switch.

if they don't want to volunteer, they don't have to. no one is forcing anyone to work for the democratic campaign.

this is silliness.

red states rule
08-13-2008, 06:42 PM
if they don't want to volunteer, they don't have to. no one is forcing anyone to work for the democratic campaign.

this is silliness.

Yea, the facts the messiah is making people do mandatory voluntary service is silly

But again MFM, it is the Obamabots who are pissed not the rest of us :laugh2:

MtnBiker
08-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Sure people can volunteer if they want, why is there so much confusion for people who requested tickets. It seems they were offered one thing (bait) but in reality had to fullfill a volunteer schedule (switch) in order to obtain the tickets.

red states rule
08-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Sure people can volunteer if they want, why is there so much confusion for people who requested tickets. It seems they were offered one thing (bait) but in reality had to fullfill a volunteer schedule (switch) in order to obtain the tickets.

I believe at first they had to donate to the campaign to have a chance for tickets, then the ran into legal issues

Now they came up with the current mandatory voluntary service requirement

retiredman
08-13-2008, 06:47 PM

their confusion is their problem. and if they don't want to volunteer, they can stay home and watch it on TV.

gabosaurus
08-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Perhaps it was in the agreement. I have no clue, since I never requested seats.
In every other part of Obama's campaign (in offers to meet Obama, have lunch with him, travel with him, etc.) you had to contribute in order to enter.

red states rule
08-13-2008, 06:49 PM
their confusion is their problem. and if they don't want to volunteer, they can stay home and watch it on TV.

Liberals are usually in a state of confusion - and some are even in the state of intoxication (from the Obama Kool Aid)

gabosaurus
08-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Liberals are usually in a state of confusion - and some are even in the state of intoxication (from the Obama Kool Aid)

Quote your proof of this. Or else admit it is merely a statement taken off the top of your brain-diseased head.

MtnBiker
08-13-2008, 06:54 PM

The Obama campaign was clear to people requesting seats that they would be required to fullfill a volunteer schedule?

The confusion is soley on the part of the people requesting the seats?

red states rule
08-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Quote your proof of this. Or else admit it is merely a statement taken off the top of your brain-diseased head.

After you remove your foot from your mouth you can get back to me

Obama raffle takes no gambles, offers free option to be legal

The raffle for Barack Obama tickets is on again - this time without the legal questions.

An e-mail sent by the campaign Wednesday asks for a $25 donation to get a chance to go backstage with the candidate before he gives his speech accepting the Democratic presidential nomination at Invesco Field at Mile High on Aug. 28.

But to avoid legal complications that arose last week when the campaign sent out a similar e-mail soliciting $5 donations, the campaign is now offering an opportunity for people to win without donating.

The original e-mail said, "If you make a donation of $5 or more between now and midnight on July 31st, you could be one of 10 supporters chosen to fly to Denver and spend two days and nights at the convention, meet Barack backstage, and watch his acceptance speech in person."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/Jul/16/obama-raffle-now-offering-free-option/

MtnBiker
08-13-2008, 07:00 PM
After you remove your foot from your mouth you can get back to me

What did that post have to do with your statement that liberals are confused or intoxicated?

abosoletly none, that I could tell

red states rule
08-13-2008, 07:03 PM
What did that post have to do with your statement that liberals are confused or intoxicated?

Gabby is living proof og the statement

MtnBiker
08-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Gabby is living proof og the statement

Your opinion of Gabby still does not answer the question.

MtnBiker
08-13-2008, 07:10 PM
DENVER -- People who want tickets to Barack Obama's acceptance speech at Invesco Field on the fourth night of the Democratic National Convention can apply online, call or visit Obama's campaign office, DNC officials announced Wednesday afternoon.

The speech is scheduled for Aug. 28 and more than 76,000 seats are available.

More than half of the seats at the stadium will go to residents of Colorado and two-thirds of the tickets will be available to the mountain west and southwest, said Leah Daughtry, chief executive officer of the Democratic National Convention Committee...........

"When we said we wanted to open the doors of this Convention to the community, we meant it," Daughtry said.

Volunteering is not required to receive tickets, and no background checks will be conducted on those applying, Daughtry said.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/politics/17104325/detail.html

Here is the link to the page to sign up for tickets;

http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/invescowaitlist

No mention of volunteering.

Bait & Switch !

Yurt
08-13-2008, 07:42 PM

one liberal on this thread, mfm, stated that the requirement to work was not a burden...as i showed him he was dead wrong, that is confusion, for i hope he simply did not read or failed to understand the OP and was not being dishonest on purpose. gabby said work is the same as giving money, that is not true. the 13th amendment makes that clear, that is confusion.

and telling people that if they don't like it, they can pound sand and stay home....how compassionate of the liberals

manu1959
08-13-2008, 08:44 PM
....democrats, liberals, and other good people realize work is important to a society.....

not their work of course....the work of succesfull people so the libs and dems can benefit from the redistibution of their wealth......

red states rule
08-13-2008, 08:58 PM
not their work of course....the work of succesfull people so the libs and dems can benefit from the redistibution of their wealth......

and should Obama win in November, the left will really benefit by taking more of our money

But there will be one person who will be "proud"

http://www.fuckfrance.com/images/i677/128613.936obama_che.jpg

retiredman
08-13-2008, 09:34 PM
The Obama campaign was clear to people requesting seats that they would be required to fullfill a volunteer schedule?

The confusion is soley on the part of the people requesting the seats?

hey...my point is: who gives a fuck? They got offered free tickets if they wanted to do some volunteer work. If they don't, fuck them... we don't give a shit... they can watch it on TV.

making a big deal about this is silly. It is desperation on the part of the right to make some issue where none exists.

MtnBiker
08-13-2008, 09:48 PM
hey...my point is: who gives a fuck? They got offered free tickets if they wanted to do some volunteer work

I suppose the people that were mislead by the Obama campaign and the DNC give a fuck.

But yeah, fuck them, stupid motherfuckers for being confused by the Obama campaign. They should do as they are told or get the fuck out of the way.

retiredman
08-13-2008, 10:14 PM
I suppose the people that were mislead by the Obama campaign and the DNC give a fuck.

But yeah, fuck them, stupid motherfuckers for being confused by the Obama campaign. They should do as they are told or get the fuck out of the way.

they should just watch the speech on TV if they don't want to volunteer. No one is making them give up their first born child or cut off their own nuts.... if you want a ticket to the speech, be willing to help out the guy who is speaking.

But your outrage is really fucking silly. Are you that outraged when american GIs are killed by poorly wired shower facilities in Iraq that many of them complained about and yet Haliburton refused to fix?? of do you just save your melodramatic outrage for folks seeking tickets to speeches??

MtnBiker
08-13-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm just pointing out the bait and switch by the Obama campaign and the DNC.

red states rule
08-13-2008, 10:30 PM
they should just watch the speech on TV if they don't want to volunteer. No one is making them give up their first born child or cut off their own nuts.... if you want a ticket to the speech, be willing to help out the guy who is speaking.

But your outrage is really fucking silly. Are you that outraged when american GIs are killed by poorly wired shower facilities in Iraq that many of them complained about and yet Haliburton refused to fix?? of do you just save your melodramatic outrage for folks seeking tickets to speeches??

http://politicalpartypoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/democrats5.jpg

Yurt
08-13-2008, 10:41 PM
no one is "forcing" them to work...i guess it takes a special kind of stupid to saying something like that...yeah, you want to come to one of the biggest events of your political party, but you have work, we are not forcing you....bullshit...they were invited and then given the bait and switch, that is illegal advertising

08-14-2008, 12:03 AM

No. I'm suggesting that mandatory volunteer work is slavery. If you force people to work for free against their will, then they are a slave.

I couldnt care less about the tickets.

08-14-2008, 12:08 AM

You don't find it at all dishonest to tell people they will get tickets and then at the last minute hold the tickets back until they preform free labor?

It's blatantly dishonest. What the heck is wrong with you liberals and your willingness to embrace dishonesty just to protect guys who promise things they can't do?