PDA

View Full Version : Cindy McCain's glass house

gabosaurus
08-13-2008, 11:05 PM
A good commentary from Sharon Cobb of MSNBC. A couple of months old, but still very relevant.

Cindy McCain was (is?) addicted to pain medication, and by her own admission, STOLE DRUGS FROM HER CHARITIES to use for herself.

Nice. That's some real character for you. Patriotism at its best, which is what she and McCain are selling, not "straight talk." And she never went to Rehab, yet somehow she feels qualified to judge Michelle Obama.

On GMA, Cindy McCain, in a taped interview with Kate Snow says,"I don't know why she said what she said." (Referring to an out of context statement by Michelle Obama) Everyone has their own experience. I don't know why she said what she said, all I know is that I have always been proud of my country."

I bet you've always been proud of your country, Cindy McCain. We live in a country where a rich heiress like yourself doesn't go to jail for stealing narcotics, but we also live in a country where Michelle Obama, as an African American lawyer has seen her clients go to jail for 5 years for the same crime you committed, Cindy McCain.

Yurt
08-13-2008, 11:10 PM
horse pucky, i am sure there are thousands of others, black and white who have not gone to jail for worse gabs...try some intellectual moral fiber instead rants about cindy...what she said about michelle is true, and what she said about herself is true...

as a counselor, you're telling me you have never meant someone with addictions that could land them in jail?

Dilloduck
08-13-2008, 11:15 PM
horse pucky, i am sure there are thousands of others, black and white who have not gone to jail for worse gabs...try some intellectual moral fiber instead rants about cindy...what she said about michelle is true, and what she said about herself is true...

as a counselor, you're telling me you have never meant someone with addictions that could land them in jail?

Gabby is just bored again and dreaming of being just like Paris. Be prepared for some more wierd shit before she passes out.

hjmick
08-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Ifwe're goingto discuss Cindy McCain, let's be fair:

In 1988, after a vacation visit four years earlier to substandard medical facilities on Truk Lagoon, Cindy McCain founded the American Voluntary Medical Team (AVMT). It was a non-profit organization that organized trips for doctors, nurses, and other medical personnel to provide MASH-like emergency medical care to disaster-struck or war-torn third-world areas such as Micronesia, Vietnam (before relations were normalized between them and the U.S.), Kuwait (arriving five days after the conclusion of the Gulf War), Iraq, Nicaragua, India, Bangladesh and El Salvador. She led 55 of these missions over the next seven years, with each being of at least two weeks' duration. AVMT also supplied treatment to poor sick children around the world. In 1993, Cindy McCain and the AVMT were honored with an award from Food for the Hungry.

While at Mother Teresa's orphanage in Dhaka, Bangladesh, in 1991 — as part of AVMT's assistance team following the 1991 Bangladesh cyclone — she met two infant girls she decided needed to be brought to the United States for medical treatment. She decided to adopt one of the girls (her husband readily agreeing), later named Bridget (who became the McCains' fourth child together), and helped coordinate the adoption of the other little girl, named Mickey, for Wes Gullett, a family friend.

In 1989, Cindy McCain became addicted to Percocet and Vicodin, opioid painkillers, which she initially took to alleviate pain following two spinal surgeries for ruptured discs, and to ease emotional stress during the Keating Five affair. The addiction progressed to where she was taking upwards of twenty pills a day, and she resorted to having an AVMT physician write illegal prescriptions. In 1992, her parents staged an intervention to force her to get help; she told her husband about her problem, attended a drug treatment facility, began outpatient sessions, and ended her three years of addiction. Surgery in 1993 resolved her back pain.

In January 1993, an AVMT employee, who had discovered her illegal drug use, was terminated on budgetary grounds. Subsequently, he tipped off the Drug Enforcement Administration, and a federal investigation ensued resulting in McCain paying the costs of the government's investigation, and enrolling in a diversion program. In a move that critics described as a preemptive strike, Cindy McCain publicly revealed her past addiction: "Although my conduct did not result in compromising any missions of AVMT, my actions were wrong, and I regret them."[/b]

Source: Wikipedia

Yep... she sounds evil.

08-14-2008, 12:13 AM
Ifwe're goingto discuss Cindy McCain, let's be fair:

Yep... she sounds evil.

Anyone who takes responsibilities for their mistakes and tries to change their life for the better is evil. It makes those who want to wallow in their mistakes look bad.

gabosaurus
08-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Wikipedia as a source. Very interesting...

hjmick
08-14-2008, 12:24 AM

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled about it either. In my defense, it was quick and I was cooking.

Sitarro
08-14-2008, 12:33 AM

You have room to talk, you're using MSNBC, what a joke. NBC is so deep in Obamas pocket they smell like his jock strap.