PDA

View Full Version : Rush blames the victim...Again.

bullypulpit
08-14-2008, 07:21 AM
In a dazzling display of tastelessness and moral bankruptcy Rush, on Tuesday blamed Elizabeth Edwards for her husband's infidelity and lack of integrity and character.

<blockquote>"...what could have John Edwards' motivations been to have the affair with Rielle Hunter, given his wife is smarter than he is and probably nagging him a lot about doing this, and he found somebody that did something with her mouth other than talk. "</blockquote>

God forbid a woman should be intelligent and articulate. God forbid she should be capable and able to stand on her own. And one wonders why Rush has had three failed marriages.

08-14-2008, 07:42 AM
naturally, quote half a sentence and declare it the final word on the subject.

No honest person would reach the same conclusion you have with that little information. You havent even given the entire sentence let alone the context.

crin63
08-14-2008, 08:18 AM
<blockquote>"...what could have John Edwards' motivations been to have the affair with Rielle Hunter, given his wife is smarter than he is and probably nagging him a lot about doing this, and he found somebody that did something with her mouth other than talk. "</blockquote>

God forbid a woman should be intelligent and articulate. God forbid she should be capable and able to stand on her own. And one wonders why Rush has had three failed marriages.

Nagging and loud-mouthed are not the same as intelligent and articulate, unless your a radical feminist, in which case its hard to tell the difference.

Even if this is a Rush quote (since there isn't a link) no one said anything about women not being intelligent, articulate and standing on their own. :chillpill:

PostmodernProphet
08-14-2008, 08:32 AM
??????........uh.....I see that comment as a slam at Edwards, more than of his wife.....

darin
08-14-2008, 08:36 AM
In a dazzling display of tastelessness and moral bankruptcy Rush, on Tuesday blamed Elizabeth Edwards for her husband's infidelity and lack of integrity and character.

You don't know who the victim is - you're just salivating at a chance to dig Rush.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 09:01 AM
You don't know who the victim is - you're just salivating at a chance to dig Rush.

Like most moonbats, BP probably did NOT listen to the show - he is going by what the Soros funded hate sites post

Like Keith Overbite, BP runs with it without checking the facts

theHawk
08-14-2008, 09:15 AM

Go buy a sense of humor.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Go buy a sense of humor.

I was right. BP's "source" was Media Matters

Here is what Rush said

LIMBAUGH: Well, it's -- I mean, at some point, at some point, you gotta exhibit maturity and restraint. You know, and I do that constantly. But -- well, I don't -- look, let me see if I can run you through this and get you to think what I'm thinking without my actually saying it. That might be a pretty big talent if I could do that -- make you think what I'm going to say without my having to say it, therefore if anybody gets in trouble for saying it, you say it.

We know -- we've been told that Elizabeth Edwards is smarter than John Edwards. That's part of the puff pieces on them that we've seen. Ergo, if Elizabeth Edwards is smarter than John Edwards, is it likely that she thinks she knows better than he does what his speeches ought to contain and what kind of things he ought to be doing strategy-wise in the campaign? If she is smarter than he is, could it have been her decision to keep going with the campaign? In other words, could it be that she doesn't shut up? Now, that's as far as I'm going to go.

Well, you're -- Snerdley says he's missing something. If you're missing it, you're going to have to provide it. What are you missing? Mm-hmm, mm-hmm.

I can't close the loop on it. I can't close the loop on it. I'm on -- you know, I'm in a little quicksand already today talking about how the chicks are giving us boring pictures of the female athletes from the Olympics. Because I know -- you -- the diversity crowd's going to be upset. They're going to -- "Ooh, do you mean the Olympics are just so you guys can ogle wom--" Yes, because we do not care to watch 'em compete. But back to Elizabeth and the Breck Girl.

I'm sorry, my friends, I just -- I can't. It just seems to me that Edwards might be attracted to a woman whose mouth did something other than talk.

JohnDoe
08-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Like most moonbats, BP probably did NOT listen to the show - he is going by what the Soros funded hate sites post

Like Keith Overbite, BP runs with it without checking the facts

i listened to the show and Rush implied that HUNTER gave blow jobs with her mouth verses nagging from elizabeth's.........

RUSH is a LOWLY, person, looking upwards at earthworms....RSR, and anyone defending him for his sexist, hateful and LYING scenario of what he thinks happened does not deserve the time of day RSR.... honestly my dear friend!

jd

red states rule
08-14-2008, 09:33 AM
i listened to the show and Rush implied that HUNTER gave blow jobs with her mouth verses nagging from elizabeth's.........

RUSH is a LOWLY, person, looking upwards at earthworms....RSR, and anyone defending him for his sexist, hateful and LYING scenario of what he thinks happened does not deserve the time of day RSR.... honestly my dear friend!

jd

That is not what Rush was saying JD. I just posted what he said - read it

It was similiar to how Rush talked about Michael Phelps - it is called parody

bullypulpit
08-14-2008, 09:35 AM
I was right. BP's "source" was Media Matters

Here is what Rush said

LIMBAUGH: Well, it's -- I mean, at some point, at some point, you gotta exhibit maturity and restraint. You know, and I do that constantly. But -- well, I don't -- look, let me see if I can run you through this and get you to think what I'm thinking without my actually saying it. That might be a pretty big talent if I could do that -- make you think what I'm going to say without my having to say it, therefore if anybody gets in trouble for saying it, you say it.

We know -- we've been told that Elizabeth Edwards is smarter than John Edwards. That's part of the puff pieces on them that we've seen. Ergo, if Elizabeth Edwards is smarter than John Edwards, is it likely that she thinks she knows better than he does what his speeches ought to contain and what kind of things he ought to be doing strategy-wise in the campaign? If she is smarter than he is, could it have been her decision to keep going with the campaign? In other words, could it be that she doesn't shut up? Now, that's as far as I'm going to go.

Well, you're -- Snerdley says he's missing something. If you're missing it, you're going to have to provide it. What are you missing? Mm-hmm, mm-hmm.

I can't close the loop on it. I can't close the loop on it. I'm on -- you know, I'm in a little quicksand already today talking about how the chicks are giving us boring pictures of the female athletes from the Olympics. Because I know -- you -- the diversity crowd's going to be upset. They're going to -- "Ooh, do you mean the Olympics are just so you guys can ogle wom--" Yes, because we do not care to watch 'em compete. But back to Elizabeth and the Breck Girl.

I'm sorry, my friends, I just -- I can't. It just seems to me that Edwards might be attracted to a woman whose mouth did something other than talk.

Indeed it was...And the drug addled gasbag's words were <a href=http://mediamatters.org/items/200808120009?f=h_top>transcribed verbatim</a>. There was nothing to take out of context.

theHawk
08-14-2008, 09:38 AM

jd

Yea, lets blame Rush for John Edward's actions!!! How dare he take a stab at Edwards and his motivations for cheating on Elizabeth! What a LOWLY person! LOL you libs crack me up.

red states rule
Indeed it was...And the drug addled gasbag's words were <a href=http://mediamatters.org/items/200808120009?f=h_top>transcribed verbatim</a>. There was nothing to take out of context.

and you left out 95% of what he said in a lame attempt to smear him

Better luck next time. Or better still why not listen to the show instead of running with shit from Media Matters?

Or is that to much effort for you? :laugh2:

stephanie

jd

So do I get to call you LOWLY... you listen to his show..

Or were you listening for a research project you are doing...:coffee:

red states rule
08-14-2008, 09:40 AM

Rush asked a great question, "How Can Democrats Celebrate Bill Clinton, but Shun the Breck Girl?"

JohnDoe
08-14-2008, 09:46 AM

YES IT IS RSR....him saying he couldn't say what he was thinking, but he'd let the audience say it and all that tripe, then ending with his last statement...

I SAW THE VIDEO of him saying what he said, i saw his smiles, his actions, his facial expressions, heard his ''ums'' and pauses and breaths taken and heard EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID....without saying it.

tell me rsr, WHAT EXACTLY is....Edwards might be attracted to a woman whose mouth did something other than talk.?????

huh?

jd

JohnDoe
08-14-2008, 09:48 AM

it's called video steph, and MSM showing the video, along with youtube, or his archives....

red states rule
08-14-2008, 09:49 AM
YES IT IS RSR....him saying he couldn't say what he was thinking, but he'd let the audience say it and all that tripe, then ending with his last statement...

I SAW THE VIDEO of him saying what he said, i saw his smiles, his actions, his facial expressions, heard his ''ums'' and pauses and breaths taken and heard EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID....without saying it.

tell me rsr, WHAT EXACTLY is....Edwards might be attracted to a woman whose mouth did something other than talk.?????

huh?

jd

How typical of the thin skinned left - they don't blame Pretty Boy for cheating on his wife - but attacks Rush for injedcting some humor to point the hypocrisy

Again JD, LISTEN to his show and enjoy the humor and learn the truth about liberals and liberalism

JohnDoe
08-14-2008, 09:56 AM
How typical of the thin skinned left - they don't blame Pretty Boy for cheating on his wife - but attacks Rush for injedcting some humor to point the hypocrisy

Again JD, LISTEN to his show and enjoy the humor and learn the truth about liberals and liberalism

bullcrap rsr! i have completely NAILED edwards for his actions and the skank that he is....here and usmb....

what exactly is it that edwards was attracted to that HUNTER'S MOUTH did, if it wasn't talking?

seems to me that Rush was actually cutting the skank a break....understandable to his men listeners...and blaming elizabeth for not shutting up with her mouth and using it how Hunter, the mistress, used it to attract edwards...and ''talking'' was not the option Rush gave.....

jd

red states rule
08-14-2008, 09:59 AM
bullcrap rsr! i have completely NAILED edwards for his actions and the skank that he is....here and usmb....

what exactly is it that edwards was attracted to that HUNTER'S MOUTH did, if it wasn't talking?

seems to me that Rush was actually cutting the skank a break....understandable to his men listeners...and blaming elizabeth for not shutting up with her mouth and using it how Hunter, the mistress, used it to attract edwards...and ''talking'' was not the option Rush gave.....

jd

Not at all. If you would read what he said before his final comment - you would see Rush is doing what he does best

Using absurdity to point out absurdity

Did you laugh over what Rush said about Phelps? Same thing JD

darin
08-14-2008, 10:11 AM

jd

I thought you were a christian? Weird. My mistake.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 10:14 AM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/141615.jpg

Immanuel
08-14-2008, 11:51 AM

huh?

jd

I'm confused.

It is NOT Mrs. Edwards' fault, but when you get right down to the nuts and bolts of an affair, what causes a man (or woman for that matter) to involve themselves in one? I'm pretty certain what attracted John Edwards to Ms. Hunter was not her brains, but rather the mystique and sexual attractiveness she presented. That is not to say Ms. Hunter is not smart. I don't know anything about her, but truthfully, John Edwards went wandering because he was not satisfied with what he had.

John Edwards is a jerk. I'm being nice here. He cheated on his wife. There is no excuse for that. I feel most sorry for Mrs. Edwards, because now she's being drawn through the mud. It is not the fault of Mrs. Edwards that John doesn't have the courage to stand up to his problems at home.

I agree, Rush Limbaugh was not funny. What he insinuated was in extremely poor taste. However, which of us have never opened our mouths and inserted both feet to the knees? Rush should apologize to Mrs. Edwards. But, because he bombed at this statement doesn't make him a sleeze ball. John Edwards is the sleeze ball here and one might even go so far as to say the same about Ms. Hunter.

I might also add that Rush is TRYING to get a reaction from listeners both Right-minded and wrong ;)... er left-minded. I'm sure he accomplished the task here. I doubt he blames Mrs. Edwards, but he DID get a reaction from his listeners.

Immie

manu1959
08-14-2008, 12:12 PM

gee......edwards insecurites are blamed here....but of course you see it the way you need to to verify your belief system....

stephanie
08-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Well.......at least Rush didn't call Edwards a Fxxking bitch, like Randi Rhodes called Hillary..

Oh that's right, she can do that.... she's a LIBERAL...:laugh2:

bullypulpit
08-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Yea, lets blame Rush for John Edward's actions!!! How dare he take a stab at Edwards and his motivations for cheating on Elizabeth! What a LOWLY person! LOL you libs crack me up.

How'n the hell did you reach that dumb-ass conclusion?

red states rule
08-14-2008, 01:24 PM
How'n the hell did you reach that dumb-ass conclusion?

With you guys, any lib who cheats on his spouse gets a resume enhancement, as well as a pass

Immanuel
08-14-2008, 01:27 PM
With you guys, any lib who cheats on his spouse gets a resume enhancement, as well as a pass

Don't forget the cigar for future escapades. :lol:

Immie

red states rule
08-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Don't forget the cigar for future escapades. :lol:

Immie

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/h/_/clinton_chappaqua.jpg

JohnDoe
08-14-2008, 02:59 PM
I thought you were a christian? Weird. My mistake.

are you going to say the same thing to Immanuel who has also put edwards down for it???

edwards is a jerk because he brought us all in the public, in to his affair through his tv appearances where he tried to clear himself...

if he had told the truth in these interviews and was sincere, i would have easily been on his side....

BUT HE WASN'T dmp! HE went before US and now lied to us....trying to make himself appear contrite....so not to ruin his political career or just to save his face....

Personally, I believe he should have kept his mouth shut, (and not pulled us in to this, because it is none of my business or the public's business), even with the National Enquirer breathing down his neck....

I think he is scum, because he brought it to us in his interviews and he LIED in those interviews....if he wasn't really going to come clean, then he should have not done the interviews and pretended he did....this is coming back to haunt him and hurts Elizabeth and his children, including his bastard child....and Ms Hunter.

He continued the affair in to 2007 and the baby is his....based on all that is coming out now, IMO.

jd

red states rule
08-14-2008, 03:02 PM
are you going to say the same thing to Immanuel who has also put edwards down for it???

edwards is a jerk because he brought us all in the public, in to his affair through his tv appearances where he tried to clear himself...

if he had told the truth in these interviews and was sincere, i would have easily been on his side....

BUT HE WASN'T dmp! HE went before US and now lied to us....trying to make himself appear contrite....so not to ruin his political career or just to save his face....

Personally, I believe he should have kept his mouth shut, (and not pulled us in to this, because it is none of my business or the public's business), even with the National Enquirer breathing down his neck....

I think he is scum, because he brought it to us in his interviews and he LIED in those interviews....if he wasn't really going to come clean, then he should have not done the interviews and pretended he did....this is coming back to haunt him and hurts Elizabeth and his children, including his bastard child....and Ms Hunter.

He continued the affair in to 2007 and the baby is his....based on all that is coming out now, IMO.

jd

So the guy who was hoping to Obama's AG should have kept lying to the people, and not fess up?

Dems do have double standards for their own

JohnDoe
08-14-2008, 03:07 PM
So the guy who was hoping to Obama's AG should have kept lying to the people, and not fess up?

Dems do have double standards for their own rsr, you are missing the point....he lied when he was confessing....making things worse.

he said he could not be the father of this child....not true.

He said the affair ended in 2006....not true.

he said he told elizabeth in 2006....not true.

he said the affair was over...not true, he continues to see her...less than a month ago, the national inquirer caught him visiting her hotel room at 2:45 in the morning.

Like i said, IF he was going to put this before us and talk about it himself, then he should have been honest.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 03:13 PM
rsr, you are missing the point....he lied when he was confessing....making things worse.

he said he could not be the father of this child....not true.

He said the affair ended in 2006....not true.

he said he told elizabeth in 2006....not true.

he said the affair was over...not true, he continues to see her...less than a month ago, the national inquirer caught him visiting her hotel room at 2:45 in the morning.

Like i said, IF he was going to put this before us and talk about it himself, then he should have been honest.

A politican being honest after he/she is busted red handed?

I am enjoying watching the liberal media try to spin this in Pretty Boy's favor and making excuses for why they ignored the story for so long

Yurt
08-14-2008, 03:49 PM

jd

you apparently have a shallow view of relationships...i actually was listening to this very episode on my way from Santa Cruz the other day and when i heard it, i said...oh boy, somebody is going to twist this....maybe i should quit my day job :cool:

the whole thing was a bash to edwards....who (in rush's opinion) couldn't stand his wife being smarter than him and took her more intelligent opinions/advice as nagging and went after someone with less intelligence who did not use her mouth for words...

see the whole thing objectively and you will understand that rush is bashing edwards and holding his wife up on a nice pedestal. let go the hate, come on, you can do it.

Trigg
08-14-2008, 04:02 PM

It just seems to me that Edwards might be attracted to a woman whose mouth did something other than talk.

I gotta agree with Johndoe here. It does look like he's implying Edwards girlfriend gave blowjobs while his wife was busy talking.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 04:06 PM
I gotta agree with Johndoe here. It does look like he's implying Edwards girlfriend gave blowjobs while his wife was busy talking.

We can agree to disagree. It is Rush using humor to make his point

You should read what he said about our swimmer Phelps. It was better then his Edwards comments

Trigg
08-14-2008, 04:09 PM
We can agree to disagree. It is Rush using humor to make his point

You should read what he said about our swimmer Phelps. It was better then his Edwards comments

I haven't listened to Rush for probably 15 yrs.

What ever point he was trying to make there really isn't any question about what he was implying.

What does a woman do with her mouth "other than talk" that men like???????

red states rule
08-14-2008, 04:12 PM
I haven't listened to Rush for probably 15 yrs.

What ever point he was trying to make there really isn't any question about what he was implying.

What does a woman do with her mouth "other than talk" that men like???????

Kissing for one

Here is what Rush said. I listened to the program and found him going after Pretty Boy and not Mrs Edwards

Here is what Rush said

Trigg
08-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Kissing for one

Here is what Rush said. I listened to the program and found him going after Pretty Boy and not Mrs Edwards

Here is what Rush said

Look I get that you like Rush.

But really this piece is all about Edwards wife and how she doesn't shut up and doesn't use her mouth like the "Breck Girl". If that statement doesn't scream BJ than I don't know what does.

Just let my husband read Rush's statement and he says blowjob was implied.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Look I get that you like Rush.

But really this piece is all about Edwards wife and how she doesn't shut up and doesn't use her mouth like the "Breck Girl". If that statement doesn't scream BJ than I don't know what does.

Just let my husband read Rush's statement and he says blowjob was implied.

I look at it like Rush was saying Edwards likes his women stupid.

Abbey Marie
08-14-2008, 04:26 PM

Me too, Trigg. And this is typical of Rush's "sense of humor" when it comes to women. :shrug:

red states rule
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Me too, Trigg. And this is typical of Rush's "sense of humor" when it comes to women. :shrug:

It is not the way he sees women Abbey

I guess I am in the minority on this one

Trigg
08-14-2008, 04:33 PM
It is not the way he sees women Abbey

I guess I am in the minority on this one

Why don't we round up some of the other men on this board and see what they think Rush was implying?

Because IMHO kissing wasn't it.

JohnDoe
08-14-2008, 04:33 PM
you apparently have a shallow view of relationships...i actually was listening to this very episode on my way from Santa Cruz the other day and when i heard it, i said...oh boy, somebody is going to twist this....maybe i should quit my day job :cool:

the whole thing was a bash to edwards....who (in rush's opinion) couldn't stand his wife being smarter than him and took her more intelligent opinions/advice as nagging and went after someone with less intelligence who did not use her mouth for words...

see the whole thing objectively and you will understand that rush is bashing edwards and holding his wife up on a nice pedestal. let go the hate, come on, you can do it.
view the tape of it yurt, you can see his gestures, sighs, smiles with his comments.....and especially the way he said he "couldn't say outloud" he'd let the audience draw their conclusions....what he was thinking.... he absolutely implied as trigg has also said, that this other woman attracted edwards thru her mouth doing "something" other than talking... and WHAT attracts men to a woman's mouth if not their words....?

if he was talking about kissing he could have said such....but he wasn't, and watching his show it was clear that he wasn't talking about kissing...

And my head is not in the gutter...it is just what i saw and heard from Rush....I may live in the boonedocks, but i ain't naive! ;)

jd

red states rule
08-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Why don't we round up some of the other men on this board and see what they think Rush was implying?

Because IMHO kissing wasn't it.

Reminds me of the flap over Rush's "phony soldier" comment

Trigg
08-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Reminds me of the flap over Rush's "phony soldier" comment

Nope this is nothing like that. Since, at the end of the day, Rush was right about that one. The guy never was a soldier.

This time Rush is just being disgusting.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Nope this is nothing like that. Since, at the end of the day, Rush was right about that one. The guy never was a soldier.

This time Rush is just being disgusting.

Well Trigg, we can agree to disagree. I see his remarks in a differnt way. If I thought that was how Rush viewed women I would be upset with him as well

Silver
08-14-2008, 04:41 PM

Seeing through the warped eyes and biased pea-brain of a liberal Dim., I can't imagine you seeing it any other way....

Kathianne
08-14-2008, 04:45 PM
I think the 'topic' was disgusting. However, what I got from the text was that the onus was on Edwards, being a shallow male. A very low blow to the slut. Compliments to Elizabeth, which are questionable, considering she seems to have been involved in the 'cover up'.

Trigg
08-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Well Trigg, we can agree to disagree.

All right.

Like the avatar by the way :laugh2:

Yurt
08-14-2008, 05:35 PM
view the tape of it yurt, you can see his gestures, sighs, smiles with his comments.....and especially the way he said he "couldn't say outloud" he'd let the audience draw their conclusions....what he was thinking.... he absolutely implied as trigg has also said, that this other woman attracted edwards thru her mouth doing "something" other than talking... and WHAT attracts men to a woman's mouth if not their words....?

if he was talking about kissing he could have said such....but he wasn't, and watching his show it was clear that he wasn't talking about kissing...

And my head is not in the gutter...it is just what i saw and heard from Rush....I may live in the boonedocks, but i ain't naive! ;)

jd

you missed my entire point....

you apparently have a shallow view of relationships...i actually was listening to this very episode on my way from Santa Cruz the other day and when i heard it, i said...oh boy, somebody is going to twist this....maybe i should quit my day job

you AGAIN focused on mere words while ignoring what i posted. why? i don't care if it was blowjobs or not, my post stands. get off of blowjobs JD and answer my post.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 05:44 PM
All right.

Like the avatar by the way :laugh2:

Thanks Trigg

Yea, I like the avatar to

darin
08-14-2008, 05:59 PM

jd

...so you're not a christian. Fine. Don't try to take a position of a Christian-perspective on ANY OTHER Issues, please.

JohnDoe
08-14-2008, 06:23 PM
...so you're not a christian. Fine. Don't try to take a position of a Christian-perspective on ANY OTHER Issues, please.
and what, may i ask, oh wise and holy one, makes you say such?

what does edwards being a liar have to do with my Christianity, SINCE YOU brought it up on this non religious thread, why not explain yourself and your self righteous JUDGEMENT?

:lame2:

red states rule
08-14-2008, 06:25 PM

what does edwards being a liar have to do with my Christianity, SINCE YOU brought it up on this non religious thread, why not explain yourself and your self righteous JUDGEMENT?

The funny thing in all this is how the Dems stood by Bill Clinton, and are now turning on Pretty Boy

I wonder if Mrs Edwards will still speak in Denver - or will the Dems toss her under the bus?

Immanuel
08-14-2008, 06:30 PM

I think he is scum as well, but for an entirely different reason. I have not heard any of his attempts at spinning this. I was on vacation when the story broke. The only thing I said when I saw it on the news, was that I really don't care to hear the media run another couple through the muck. I don't care who the person is liberal or conservative, celebrity or what have you. I really don't want to hear all the details of their lives.

John Edwards ran on a family friendly campaign. He presented himself as a super-husband and father, yet he was cheating on her all the time. The man is no hero in my book.

He can be forgiven no doubt, but that doesn't change what he did to his wife.

I think John Edwards is a schmuck for putting his wife through this. A decent human being does not cheat on his/her spouse. It happens to the best of people, I'm sure, but the cheater is still a schmuck. Can he/she be forgiven? Of course, and I hope the best for the Edwards. I hope they can work it out. But, that does not excuse the actions of this man. IMHO

Please... tell me how her position makes her not a Christian. I didn't understand your first comment to her about being a Christian and knowing that you are a Christian, I don't understand this.

Immie

JohnDoe
08-14-2008, 06:38 PM
The funny thing in all this is how the Dems stood by Bill Clinton, and are now turning on Pretty Boy

I wonder if Mrs Edwards will still speak in Denver - or will the Dems toss her under the bus?

she's not speaking in Denver.....too bad, she would have been a good speaker....rsr....

i like her.

i have disowned the DNC since they substituted actual democratically cast votes with a Poll....in order to put their insider man in to office or the position to be put in office.....

jd

red states rule
08-14-2008, 06:40 PM
she's not speaking in Denver.....too bad, she would have been a good speaker....rsr....

i like her.

i have disowned the DNC since they substituted actual democratically cast votes with a Poll....in order to put their insider man in to office or the position to be put in office.....

jd

Yea, while she is up on stage everyone is thinking about her worthless husband

JD, you are welcome to come to the conservative wing of the Republican party. I wil be happy to help with your trip over from the dark side

JohnDoe
08-14-2008, 06:49 PM
I think he is scum as well, but for an entirely different reason. I have not heard any of his attempts at spinning this. I was on vacation when the story broke. The only thing I said when I saw it on the news, was that I really don't care to hear the media run another couple through the muck. I don't care who the person is liberal or conservative, celebrity or what have you. I really don't want to hear all the details of their lives.

John Edwards ran on a family friendly campaign. He presented himself as a super-husband and father, yet he was cheating on her all the time. The man is no hero in my book.

He can be forgiven no doubt, but that doesn't change what he did to his wife.

I think John Edwards is a schmuck for putting his wife through this. A decent human being does not cheat on his/her spouse. It happens to the best of people, I'm sure, but the cheater is still a schmuck. Can he/she be forgiven? Of course, and I hope the best for the Edwards. I hope they can work it out. But, that does not excuse the actions of this man. IMHO

Please... tell me how her position makes her not a Christian. I didn't understand your first comment to her about being a Christian and knowing that you are a Christian, I don't understand this.

Immie

it appears that he likes arguing with me or something, or trying to get me upset??? hahahaha! who knows?

oh, and i am pretty much on the same page as you with edwards....

what? no tv's in the keys? yeah, he did some interviews....said he couldn't be the dad, said he told elizabeth in 2006, but photos came out with him and her in late december, said he could not be the dad due to timing, but later it showd him being with her in the middle of the wee hours....bunch of stuff that make his interviews where he supposedly explained himself leaving all with a ton more things that need explaining....he should have left well enough alone....now this will be dragged out for months....hurting his family and hurting this woman and his child...mark my word, it's his child....

red states rule
08-14-2008, 06:51 PM
it appears that he likes arguing with me or something, or trying to get me upset??? hahahaha! who knows?

what? no tv's in the keys? yeah, he did some interviews....said he couldn't be the dad, said he told elizabeth in 2006, but photos came out with him and her in late december, said he could not be the dad due to timing, but later it showd him being with her in the middle of the wee hours....bunch of stuff that make his interviews where he supposedly explained himself leaving all with a ton more things that need explaining....he should have left well enough alone....now this will be dragged out for months....hurting his family and hurting this woman and his child...mark my word, it's his child....

Maybe this is what he means by his "2 America's" BS

JohnDoe
08-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Yea, while she is up on stage everyone is thinking about her worthless husband

JD, you are welcome to come to the conservative wing of the Republican party. I wil be happy to help with your trip over from the dark side

hahahahaha! :cheers2:

i'm a democrat of old rsr

the DNC are lowly nincompoops!

Immanuel
08-14-2008, 06:57 PM

Who doesn't like arguing with you?

There were TV's but there were better things to do in the rooms than watch news... it was our 24th wedding anniversary after all. :)

Immie

red states rule
08-14-2008, 06:58 PM
hahahahaha! :cheers2:

i'm a democrat of old rsr

the DNC are lowly nincompoops!

JD, I am here to help you anytime you need it

A friend does not let a friend vote Democrat :laugh2:

Immanuel
08-14-2008, 07:02 PM
JD, I am here to help you anytime you need it

A friend does not let a friend vote Democrat :laugh2:

:lol:

Well said, RSR.

Immie

red states rule
08-14-2008, 07:04 PM
:lol:

Well said, RSR.

Immie

JD could still be saved, She fessed up to being a lib and that is the first step on the road to recovery. Admitting you have a problem :laugh2:

darin
08-14-2008, 08:00 PM

I'm saying you don't display anything close to the Christianity you claim. You can toss out the insults and play the victim - that's fine. But your words condemn you/reveal your heart.

JohnDoe
08-14-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm saying you don't display anything close to the Christianity you claim. You can toss out the insults and play the victim - that's fine. But your words condemn you/reveal your heart.
okie dokie...

i'll play

And who did i toss out the insults to in this thread and play the victim with in this thread to make you say this?

jd

manu1959
08-14-2008, 10:48 PM
okie dokie...

i'll play

And who did i toss out the insults to in this thread and play the victim with in this thread to make you say this?

jd

post 19

JohnDoe
08-14-2008, 10:59 PM
post 19
there were no insults in that post nor was i playing a victim in that post...

And just because i am a Christian does not mean i am not tuned in to what a bj is and what Rush was saying....or implying....so far both Trigg and Abbey have agreed with what i think Rush was implying, will you or dmp acuse them of not being a Christian because of it Manu?

Do Christians live in closets or not have sexual relationships or discussions with their spouses in your world?

sheesh manu....

jd

manu1959
08-14-2008, 11:05 PM
there were no insults in that post nor was i playing a victim in that post...

And just because i am a Christian does not mean i am not tuned in to what a bj is and what Rush was saying....or implying....so far both Trigg and Abbey have agreed with what i think Rush was implying, will you or dmp acuse them of not being a Christian because of it Manu?

Do Christians live in closets or not have sexual relationships or discussions with their spouses in your world?

sheesh manu....

jd

you asked which post .... i gave you the one he referenced.....fuck me for trying to help you out.....

as for what rush was saying ... i already gave my opinion....i would tell you which post but you would probably get all bitchy with me....

and gee what a shock that three women would agree that it was the man's fault......

and you all wonder why we make you sign a pre nup.....

JohnDoe
08-14-2008, 11:33 PM
you asked which post .... i gave you the one he referenced.....fuck me for trying to help you out.....

as for what rush was saying ... i already gave my opinion....i would tell you which post but you would probably get all bitchy with me....

and gee what a shock that three women would agree that it was the man's fault......

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! oh, my gosh! :laugh2::laugh2:

touche'

and btw, i didn't know you were coming in to help nor did i see where dmp referenced that post but i was probably being too busy replying to the things i did see...

And no, the three women were not agreeing to BLAME the man with his infidelity, all the three of us agreed on was.... what we thought Rush was saying or implying when he made reference to what Ms Hunter did with her mouth that attracted edwards to her verses mrs edwards....

i don't know what went on in the Edwards household with their own relationship....what i do know is by edwards talking to the media about his affair to smooth things over for himself was a bad strategy if he had no plans of being honest, which will lead to another 2 months of this garbage talk, will hurt his wife and him even moreso with the mending fences and hurt his and elizabeth's children and ms hunter and their child together....

bullypulpit
08-15-2008, 05:06 AM

Anyone who cheats on their spouse is a sack of ass...You know like John McCain...David Vitter...Larry Craig...Newt Gingrich? Don't see anyone on the right worrying about their infidelity. Hypocrisy, thy name is red states rule.

Immanuel
08-15-2008, 07:38 AM

Hey!

I am not a female and I too said he was insinuating a bj, yet both you and jd ignored me!

Figures... I'm a conservative guy... no one gives a crap what I think. :laugh2:

Immie

Kathianne
08-15-2008, 07:43 AM

I said that Rush was dissing John Edwards. I just thought the topic wrong. :coffee:

red states rule
08-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Anyone who cheats on their spouse is a sack of ass...You know like John McCain...David Vitter...Larry Craig...Newt Gingrich? Don't see anyone on the right worrying about their infidelity. Hypocrisy, thy name is red states rule.

Yet the left still admires Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, NY Gov Spitzer, NJ Gov McGreevey, and Gary Hart

darin
08-15-2008, 07:54 AM
okie dokie...

i'll play

jd

i have completely NAILED edwards for his actions and the skank that he is

Have you sinned? Have you broken ONE SINGLE VOW - EVER? What he does is not who he IS. You make his wife the victim - you don't judge HER actions or inactions. You claim Christ, yet you vilify somebody who let his desire get the best of him. Edwards likely doesn't know christ - he's got very few defenses against his sinful nature. Christians show compassion for folk who sin. Christians don't throw rocks at people for their failures. Do they?

Immanuel
08-15-2008, 08:00 AM
Have you sinned? Have you broken ONE SINGLE VOW - EVER? What he does is not who he IS. You make his wife the victim - you don't judge HER actions or inactions. You claim Christ, yet you vilify somebody who let his desire get the best of him. Edwards likely doesn't know christ - he's got very few defenses against his sinful nature. Christians show compassion for folk who sin. Christians don't throw rocks at people for their failures. Do they?

Christians also make mistakes. 'nough said.

No, I take that back... not 'nough said. Think about what Christian is throwing rocks at sinners in this exchange.

Do Christians throw rocks at sinners?

I said John Edwards was a schmuck yet no one attacked me for it. What he did was wrong. That doesn't mean he is not or cannot be saved but, in my opinion, the man is a schmuck.

Immie

JohnDoe
08-15-2008, 08:19 AM
well, he is and was a skank...i said nothing about his Christianity or his salvation, none of that came in to judgement with me....

ye protest too much dmp on this subject...wonder why?

i think Edwards has built a web of lies which he perpetuated with his interviews, that ARE going to and have, come out to bite him....and hurt his families.

This does not mean that Edwards can't be forgiven by the ones he hurt and needs forgiveness from....

I am upset with edwards, because of his interviews and his continuing lies, and the gall that he thought he could get away with them, even after he got caught....this has made things worse for him and like i said, his 2 families.

And i am certainly NOT going to blame elizabeth Edwards for her husband's failures.... or weaknesses like YOU and Rush are continually trying to do....

I wouldn't balme my husband for my failures whatever they may be and i am certain he wouldn't blame me for his failures, whatever they may be....you are responsible for you as most people on the right try to claim....and this crapola from you and your side of blaming the "victim" is just a bit too much for me....

But heh, as Immie has said, we all make mistakes and fall short....

jd

Abbey Marie
08-15-2008, 08:22 AM

What proof do you have that Larry Craig cheated on his wife?

darin
08-15-2008, 08:32 AM
well, he is and was a skank...i said nothing about his Christianity or his salvation, none of that came in to judgement with me....

ye protest too much dmp on this subject...wonder why?

i think Edwards has built a web of lies which he perpetuated with his interviews, that ARE going to and have, come out to bite him....and hurt his families.

This does not mean that Edwards can't be forgiven by the ones he hurt and needs forgiveness from....

I am upset with edwards, because of his interviews and his continuing lies, and the gall that he thought he could get away with them, even after he got caught....this has made things worse for him and like i said, his 2 families.

And i am certainly NOT going to blame elizabeth Edwards for her husband's failures.... or weaknesses like YOU and Rush are continually trying to do....

I wouldn't balme my husband for my failures whatever they may be and i am certain he wouldn't blame me for his failures, whatever they may be....you are responsible for you as most people on the right try to claim....and this crapola from you and your side of blaming the "victim" is just a bit too much for me....

But heh, as Immie has said, we all make mistakes and fall short....

jd

If we've all sinned. If we've all broken promises or caused another pain, why would Edward's pain-causing or sin bother you? Why the need to vilify him for something we've ALL done. It's really not that big of a deal, right? We're sinners, and thus, sin.

He's done nothing worse than anyone else has ever done.

If you had even a modicum of understanding of Christ, you wouldn't feel the need to "Nail" him for his actions, OR name-call. You'd likely show empathy.

red states rule
08-15-2008, 08:35 AM
If we've all sinned. If we've all broken promises or caused another pain, why would Edward's pain-causing or sin bother you? Why the need to vilify him for something we've ALL done. It's really not that big of a deal, right? We're sinners, and thus, sin.

If you had even a modicum of understanding of Christ, you wouldn't feel the need to "Nail" him for his actions, OR name-call. You'd likely show empathy.

At first I thought you were posting the lefts talking points defending Bill Clinton

Bottom line is, the left is turing on Pretty Boy for cheating on his wife, while they give Bill Clinton a prime time speaking gig at the Dem convention

darin
08-15-2008, 08:44 AM
At first I thought you were posting the lefts talking points defending Bill Clinton

Bottom line is, the left is turing on Pretty Boy for cheating on his wife, while they give Bill Clinton a prime time speaking gig at the Dem convention

I'm not defending anyone. I'm saying for Christians, it's a sign of their lack of understanding to 'lash out' and bitch about folk doing what comes naturally for them - sinning.

red states rule
08-15-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm not defending anyone. I'm saying for Christians, it's a sign of their lack of understanding to 'lash out' and bitch about folk doing what comes naturally for them - sinning.

I know you were not defending anyone, but the first paragraph sounded kike James Carville

I agree with you DMP on what you are saying

Immanuel
08-15-2008, 09:07 AM

I disagree. It is calling a sin a sin. Sin is ugly.

Do Christians sit back and allow homosexuals to continue to sin without pointing out the sin in their lives? Do Christians sit back and quietly allow abortions to continue without a word of protest? By your statements, it would seem that a Christian should not speak against any sin.

What John Edwards did is wrong. He sinned. I think he's a terrible person for what he did to his wife. Can I forgive him? Heck yes. Would I welcome him into God's arms... darn right. But that doesn't mean for the time being that I don't think he's a schmuck or that I think that we should turn our backs and close our eyes to what he has done.

Immie

JohnDoe
08-15-2008, 09:13 AM

I understand all of this Dmp....maybe it is the word skank or immie's word Schmuck that upsets you...is LIAR better....?

I am not going to sit here and glorify Edwards, nor would i glorify myself if i had done the same as him....

As i have said many, many, many times on this thread, but you fail to address or even note....is the audacity of Edwards' in his interviews, after coming out and saying he did not love this other woman, he was just a narcicist, please forgive him for letting running for the presidency get to his head, he is not the father of this child and can't be due to the timing of the affair ending and also bringing his wife in to his continued lies, saying he told her and all is fine with her crap so that should make this all hunky dorey blah blah blah blah....which is now turning out to be all lies.

He did not cheat on me, that was his wife and their problem, but HE DID PULL ME IN TO IT AND DID LIE TO ME in those interviews he did.

I seriously doubt if you and your wife were having problems that you would go before the public and continue to spin a web of lies to the public....

This is what has been so disappointing with Edwards, for me....i hope he hears my comments, i hope he reads my comments and i hope he comes to his senses and gets this thing he drug me in to straight, with his wife, with his lover, with me and with the rest of the public he has spun his lie web with....

The affair has already been forgiven by me, the coverup and lies he is continuing to tell me needs to be called out so he can see that we all are on to them and him for saying them, not ignored....this will only help him, in the long run....like i said, to get him straight and upright, with himself and with the Lord regarding this matter....see it as a nudge in the right direction, and no more than that....

Can he be forgiven, of course he can....just like murders can be forgiven....one sin is not greater than another...so says the Bible....all are short comings....and yes, i have plenty of them myself, we all do....and my parents or husband or friends don't hold back if they think i am wrong, thankfully so....

jd

red states rule
08-15-2008, 09:16 AM
You can forgive all you want JD, but all sinners must suffer the consequences of their actions

darin
08-15-2008, 09:17 AM
I understand all of this Dmp....maybe it is the word skank or immie's word Schmuck that upsets you...is LIAR better....?

I am not going to sit here and glorify Edwards, nor would i glorify myself if i had done the same as him....

As i have said many, many, many times on this thread, but you fail to address or even note....is the audacity of Edwards' in his interviews, after coming out and saying he did not love this other woman, he was just a narcicist, please forgive him for letting running for the presidency get to his head, he is not the father of this child and can't be due to the timing of the affair ending and also bringing his wife in to his continued lies, saying he told her and all is fine with her crap so that should make this all hunky dorey blah blah blah blah....which is now turning out to be all lies.

He did not cheat on me, that was his wife and their problem, but HE DID PULL ME IN TO IT AND DID LIE TO ME in those interviews he did.

I seriously doubt if you and your wife were having problems that you would go before the public and continue to spin a web of lies to the public....

This is what has been so disappointing with Edwards, for me....i hope he hears my comments, i hope he reads my comments and i hope he comes to his senses and gets this thing he drug me in to straight, with his wife, with his lover, with me and with the rest of the public he has spun his lie web with....

The affair has already been forgiven by me, the coverup and lies he is continuing to tell me needs to be called out so he can see that we all are on to them and him for saying them, not ignored....this will only help him, in the long run....like i said, to get him straight and upright, with himself and with the Lord regarding this matter....see it as a nudge in the right direction, and no more than that....

Can he be forgiven, of course he can....just like murders can be forgiven....one sin is not greater than another...so says the Bible....all are short comings....and yes, i have plenty of them myself, we all do....and my parents or husband or friends don't hold back if they think i am wrong, thankfully so....

jd

You spend a lot of time trying to justify yourself. In fact, if "Justification" were a superpower, you'd have your own comic book.

You'd be better served to own up to your limitations than to try to excuse them.

Immanuel
08-15-2008, 09:20 AM
You can forgive all you want JD, but all sinners must suffer the consequences of their actions

Paid in full by Jesus Christ. :)

Immie

red states rule
08-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Paid in full by Jesus Christ. :)

Immie

He is the final Judge - but first we judge and punish if needed

Abbey Marie
08-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Edwards has always struck me as a very narcissistic man who feels he deserves to get whatever he wants. I'm willing to bet that there were other affairs, and one or two of the women will come forward now to get some of that lime light.

red states rule
08-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Edwards has always struck me as a very narcissistic man who feels he deserves to get whatever he wants. I'm willing to bet that there were other affairs, and one or two of the women will come forward now to get some of that lime light.

If he did have two women at least they could talk to each other after he fell asleep

Immanuel
08-15-2008, 12:04 PM

Well, if that information in that thread about his PAC paying Ms. Hunter off has even a hint of accuracy, I'd say you may be right. Then again, there may be women who had never met him who claim to have had affairs with him.

Also, doesn't narcissism come with politics and power? It seems to me that so many of these people get into this kind of trouble because of the lives they live. Honestly, it makes me extremely glad that I am not in politics. I don't want those kinds of temptations.

Immie

Abbey Marie
08-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Well, if that information in that thread about his PAC paying Ms. Hunter off has even a hint of accuracy, I'd say you may be right. Then again, there may be women who had never met him who claim to have had affairs with him.

Also, doesn't narcissism come with politics and power? It seems to me that so many of these people get into this kind of trouble because of the lives they live. Honestly, it makes me extremely glad that I am not in politics. I don't want those kinds of temptations.

Immie

Not always, but enough that I would stay far away from politicians if I were looking for a relationship.

Have you seen The Seduction of Joe Tynan?

Immanuel
08-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Have you seen The Seduction of Joe Tynan?

No, I haven't seen it. Do you recommend it?

Immie

Abbey Marie
08-15-2008, 12:35 PM
No, I haven't seen it. Do you recommend it?

Immie

It's a close-up look at how Washington power corrupts. Loose ethics, affairs, etc. Alan Alda stars. I enjoyed it at the time.

Trigg
08-15-2008, 01:56 PM

Hold up there a minute. My posts had nothing to do with Edwards and the cheating.

My posts have been regarding Rush and his insinuation that bj's were the reason Edwards cheated.

Abbey Marie
08-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Hold up there a minute. My posts had nothing to do with Edwards and the cheating.

My posts have been regarding Rush and his insinuation that bj's were the reason Edwards cheated.

Yup. Those, and Elizabeth's annoying tendency to use her mouth to talk. The nerve of her.

Trigg
08-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Yup. Those, and Elizabeth's annoying tendency to use her mouth talk. The nerve of her.

Makes you wonder if Rush's wife walks 3 steps behind him and drops to her knees every night.

Honestly the men on this board (I should say some) jump on every sexual innuendo posted, but are in denial regarding this one. It just leaves me scratching my head.

Immanuel
08-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Makes you wonder if Rush's wife walks 3 steps behind him and drops to her knees every night.

Honestly the men on this board (I should say some) jump on every sexual innuendo posted, but are in denial regarding this one. It just leaves me scratching my head.

I'm glad you said "some" there. :)

BTW: I've heard rumors that at home Rush wears a collar and a leash and skimpy leather clothing laced with frills. ;)

j/k

Immie

eighballsidepocket
08-15-2008, 07:15 PM

Can tell from your editorial, that you don't know Rush Limbaugh "tongue in cheek" type statements.

That's all it was. Rush doesn't resent Edward's wife or blame her, that was as above, "tongue in cheek".

I think it's your dislike of Rush, that caused you to overlook the obvious, and possibly you don't listen to him enough to know this is typical "tongue in cheek" Rush Limbaugh behavior.

Rush is one of the biggest money raisers for Cancer research and more specifically for Leukemia. Are you aware of how much he raises on radio. Reserves a special day on radio just for this purpose.

Knowing that Edward's wife is or has battled cancer, I really doubt that Rush has a political double standard on who deserves empathy when it comes to cancer.

Most people who dislike Rush, usually enjoy quoting him out of context. Not unlike those that bash fundies using out of context bible verses, or being biblically ignorant, they mis-quote totally.

Michael Savage was "savaged" by those that took him out of context when saying that many children diagnosed with autism didn't have the ailment, but were just hyper kids or needed other help.

Savage has led a campaign against the very liberal, wide spread useage of Ritalin for kids. He doesn't discount it's total use, but again he feels that these professionals are too quick to diagnose bored, highly intelligent kids with, that are hyper with Ritalin therapy.

Anyway, you don't like Rush from the word "go", we all know that on this forum.

Trying to assume that he is seriously making Edward's wife out to be the bad person is just "hopeful" thinking on your part.

bullypulpit
08-15-2008, 08:32 PM
What proof do you have that Larry Craig cheated on his wife?

Cruising for sex in airport restrooms isn't cheating on one's wife?

bullypulpit
08-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Can tell from your editorial, that you don't know Rush Limbaugh "tongue in cheek" type statements.

That's all it was. Rush doesn't resent Edward's wife or blame her, that was as above, "tongue in cheek".

I think it's your dislike of Rush, that caused you to overlook the obvious, and possibly you don't listen to him enough to know this is typical "tongue in cheek" Rush Limbaugh behavior.

Rush is one of the biggest money raisers for Cancer research and more specifically for Leukemia. Are you aware of how much he raises on radio. Reserves a special day on radio just for this purpose.

Knowing that Edward's wife is or has battled cancer, I really doubt that Rush has a political double standard on who deserves empathy when it comes to cancer.

Most people who dislike Rush, usually enjoy quoting him out of context. Not unlike those that bash fundies using out of context bible verses, or being biblically ignorant, they mis-quote totally.

Michael Savage was "savaged" by those that took him out of context when saying that many children diagnosed with autism didn't have the ailment, but were just hyper kids or needed other help.

Savage has led a campaign against the very liberal, wide spread useage of Ritalin for kids. He doesn't discount it's total use, but again he feels that these professionals are too quick to diagnose bored, highly intelligent kids with, that are hyper with Ritalin therapy.

Anyway, you don't like Rush from the word "go", we all know that on this forum.

Trying to assume that he is seriously making Edward's wife out to be the bad person is just "hopeful" thinking on your part.

Ah...No, he was blaming Elizabeth Edwards for her husband's execrable behavior. And there was nothing to take out of context, having heard the full context of his broadcasts segment and read the transcript.

He could strangle a Girl Scout to death in the lobby of his apartment building and you and your fellow travelers would claim "She deserved it!"

stephanie
08-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Ah...No, he was blaming Elizabeth Edwards for her husband's execrable behavior. And there was nothing to take out of context, having heard the full context of his broadcasts segment and read the transcript.

He could strangle a Girl Scout to death in the lobby of his apartment building and you and your fellow travelers would claim "She deserved it!"

you and your buds at "media matters", should send all this to Keith Olberblows, maybe he'll do a buldging eyed, vein popping segment on it, and nominate Rush, THE WORST PERSON OF THE YEAR....:poke::coffee:

Kathianne
08-15-2008, 09:16 PM

Bully, there was a time not so long ago, that you wouldn't lump everyone that disagreed with you together. You've fallen sir.