PDA

View Full Version : Reasons not to vote for McCain

GW in Ohio
08-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Here are two reasons not to vote for John McCain:

1. He is too old. He's 72 years old. I don't care if he's out there campaigning, and I don't care how old his mother is. The presidency makes extraordinary demands on a person, and you have to be young and resilient to handle the stresses and rigors of the presidency. McCain if fine in the Senate, where the stress level is much lower. The Senate is like one of those gentlemen's clubs in England....relaxed, sedate, civilized. A 72 year old guy can handle that.

2. He's damaged goods. I don't mean that in a negative sense. McCain endured 5 years of abuse, stress and torture at the hands of the North Vietnamese. That takes a toll on you. McCain is a hero for enduring what he went through in the Hanoi Hilton. He served honorably during Vietnam and should be respected for that. But when considering whether to vote for McCain, you should consider just how much those 5 years as a POW took out of him.

How much gas does McCain have left in the tank?

red states rule
08-14-2008, 10:34 AM

1. He is too old. He's 72 years old. I don't care if he's out there campaigning, and I don't care how old his mother is. The presidency makes extraordinary demands on a person, and you have to be young and resilient to handle the stresses and rigors of the presidency. McCain if fine in the Senate, where the stress level is much lower. The Senate is like one of those gentlemen's clubs in England....relaxed, sedate, civilized. A 72 year old guy can handle that.

2. He's damaged goods. I don't mean that in a negative sense. McCain endured 5 years of abuse, stress and torture at the hands of the North Vietnamese. That takes a toll on you. McCain is a hero for enduring what he went through in the Hanoi Hilton. He served honorably during Vietnam and should be respected for that. But when considering whether to vote for McCain, you should consider just how much those 5 years as a POW took out of him.

He is probably in better shape then you are

His torture was over 30 years ago

You are getting desperate

Obama is the worst of the two evils.

stephanie
08-14-2008, 10:37 AM

Well, you could say the reverse for the Obambam..He's too young and dumb..:cheers2:

darin
08-14-2008, 10:49 AM
...and never has endured true hardship. Enduring hardship builds Character, generally.

08-14-2008, 11:00 AM
1)Feel free to advertise your reasons in both PA and FL. Obama will lose in a landslide because you don't tell elderly people that they are incapable of something. They are stubborn like that.

Besides, this is exactly what VPs are for.

2)I don't see how being a tortured hero disqualifies someone from leadership.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 11:00 AM
...and never has endured true hardship. Enduring hardship builds Character, generally.

and what are the reasons to vote for Obama?

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/139963.jpg