PDA

View Full Version : Exxon Spends $1 Billion Per Day To Operate

red states rule
08-14-2008, 11:19 AM
This is something the liberal media and Dems never talk about. Meanwhile, ABC tires to attack Exxon for making a proft

ExxonMobil CEO Defends High Profits
Rex Tillerson Discusses Industry's Future in Exclusive Interview With Charles Gibson

ExxonMobil CEO and chairman Rex Tillerson defended his company's staggering $11.7 billion in profits for the second quarter, saying that the company's earnings reflected the magnitude of its business operation

"I saw someone characterize our profits the other day in terms of $1,400 in profit per second. Well, they also need to understand we paid $4,000 a second in taxes, and we spent $15,000 a second in cost," Tillerson told ABC News' Charles Gibson. "We spend $1 billion a day just running our business. So this is a business where large numbers are just characteristic of it."

ExxonMobil earned the best quarterly profit ever for a corporation, up 14 percent from last year but still below investors' expectations. While Wall Street was slightly disappointed by Exxon's earnings, some Americans were outraged by what they saw as big oil profiting at their expense. Tillerson recognized that consumers are angry about the escalating price of gas.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=5574568&page=1

Nukeman
08-14-2008, 12:02 PM
So let me get this straight the Feds are bitching that exxon is making too much money yet they are taking 30 billion per quarter in taaxes!!!

Thats right 30 billion per quarter or in other words 120,000,000,000.00 dollars a year.... Hmmmmmmmmm whos really ripping who off?????

I have said this before that the amount of money the oil companies make pales in comparison to the amount the governmet makes for doing NOTHING except passing more taxes......

THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE MORE MONEY IN TAXES FROM A COMPANY THAN THE COMPANY MAKES IN PROFITS!!!!

Ohhh keep in mind the 120 billion they recieve is only from 1 company how mcuh do they make off the others????

red states rule
08-14-2008, 12:07 PM
So let me get this straight the Feds are bitching that exxon is making too much money yet they are taking 40 billion per quarter in taaxes!!!

Thats right 40 billion per quarter or in other words 120,000,000,000.00 dollars a year.... Hmmmmmmmmm whos really ripping who off?????

I have said this before that the amount of money the oil companies make pales in comparison to the amount the governmet makes for doing NOTHING except passing more taxes......

THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE MORE MONEY IN TAXES FROM A COMPANY THAN THE COMPANY MAKES IN PROFITS!!!!

Ohhh keep in mind the 120 billion they recieve is only from 1 company how mcuh do they make off the others????

You have it right

Exxon had a profit of $11 billion after paying over $30 billion in taxes

and Obama and the Dems want to raise taxes on Exxon