PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton's name to be placed in nomination

red states rule
08-14-2008, 01:20 PM
How many votes will Hillary get at the convention. This is not going to look good for the messiah

So much for unity folks

Hillary Clinton's name to be placed in nomination at Democratic convention
Democrats will place her name in nomination along with nominee-in-waiting Barack Obama in an effort to unite the party at their convention in Denver..

By LIZ SIDOTI , Associated Press

Last update: August 14, 2008 - 12:34 PM

WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's name will be placed in nomination along with nominee-in-waiting Barack Obama at the Democratic National Convention, an emblematic move intended to unite the party after a divisive primary.

During the Denver gathering, Democrats will officially choose Obama to run against Republican John McCain this fall, but the state delegations will do a traditional roll call for their nominee's vanquished primary opponent as well.

Obama and Clinton — fierce rivals then, reluctant allies now — agreed to the arrangement after weeks of negotiations between their respective aides. The two sides made the announcement Thursday in a collegial joint statement.

"I am convinced that honoring Senator Clinton's historic campaign in this way will help us celebrate this defining moment in our history and bring the party together in a strong united fashion," said Obama, an Illinois senator.

Added Clinton, a New York senator: "With every voice heard and the party strongly united, we will elect Senator Obama president of the United States and put our nation on the path to peace and prosperity once again."

http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/president/26955024.html

Yurt
08-14-2008, 03:26 PM
looks like bullcaca to me....

During the Denver gathering, Democrats will officially choose Obama to run against Republican John McCain this fall, but the state delegations will do a traditional roll call for their nominee's vanquished primary opponent as well.

a false placation and carrot to the masses that support hillary. obama would not stand for this unless he knew it was of no effect. he would have found a loop-hole, trust me...

red states rule
08-14-2008, 03:30 PM
looks like bullcaca to me....

a false placation and carrot to the masses that support hillary. obama would not stand for this unless he knew it was of no effect. he would have found a loop-hole, trust me...

It would be nice to see 1/3 or more vote for Hillary. But since Obama agreeded one has to believe the "fix" is in so it will not look so bad

Yurt
08-14-2008, 04:13 PM
It would be nice to see 1/3 or more vote for Hillary. But since Obama agreeded one has to believe the "fix" is in so it will not look so bad

yup, chicago style...ask kathianne, she knows all about it

red states rule
08-14-2008, 05:44 PM
yup, chicago style...ask kathianne, she knows all about it

It is a treat to watch the Clintons on the receiving end of the tactics they used against their political opponets for over 30 years

and Dems cheered the entire time and told us what political gods they were

08-14-2008, 05:57 PM
I think this is a dumb move for Obama. Especially if he makes some more dumb mistakes before the convention. Because the superdelegates are not bound to vote for Obama. Seriously, this is the last thing Obama should have done. But then he hasnt exactly shown good judgment in the past, why expect it now?

red states rule
08-14-2008, 06:00 PM
I think this is a dumb move for Obama. Especially if he makes some more dumb mistakes before the convention. Because the superdelegates are not bound to vote for Obama. Seriously, this is the last thing Obama should have done. But then he hasnt exactly shown good judgment in the past, why expect it now?

I am sure he has taken a count and knows has a cushion if some switch at the last minute

I do hope Hillary gets a large percentage of the vote to show how well Obama has unified the party