PDA

View Full Version : how do you communicate (most of the time)

actsnoblemartin
08-14-2008, 01:40 PM
a. mostly agressive

b. mostly assertive

c. mostly passive

d. some mixture of all three

Kathianne
08-14-2008, 01:42 PM
a. mostly agressive

b. mostly assertive

c. mostly passive

With that title, you might wish to add a space between 'how' and 'well'. ;)

darin
08-14-2008, 01:44 PM
How are you defining well? How do those options MEASURE what 'well' is?

Abbey Marie
08-14-2008, 01:46 PM
I communicate with all parts of my body.

darin
08-14-2008, 01:47 PM
:boobies::rock::hitit:

hjmick
08-14-2008, 01:49 PM
I communicate just fine, THANK YOU!!

Sitarro
08-14-2008, 01:51 PM

WOW!:salute:

Abbey Marie
08-14-2008, 01:55 PM
I fixed your title, Martin.

hjmick
08-14-2008, 01:59 PM
How are you defining well? How do those options MEASURE what 'well' is?

True, based on the options in the poll, the question should read, "How do you communicate?"

Of course, were that the question, I would be forced to respond with the predictable "by talking" or "with my cell phone" or "with my middle finger."

hjmick
08-14-2008, 02:02 PM
I fixed your title, Martin.

Shit... I didn't notice you had removed "well" from the title...

How do I communicate? With my middle finger!! :fu:

:lmao: Oh! I kill me!

Kathianne
08-14-2008, 02:03 PM
A constructive criticism ala the above post. Seems it should have said, "What do you think your style of communication predominately is?

I see myself as mostly 'informative'. On the other hand, I can be aggressive or reactive. Occasionally, passive-aggressive. :laugh2: No simple answer here.

actsnoblemartin
08-14-2008, 02:09 PM
i was in a very bad mood.

and you just made me feel better, i tried to rep u but had to spread it

Shit... I didn't notice you had removed "well" from the title...

How do I communicate? With my middle finger!! :fu:

:lmao: Oh! I kill me!

darin
08-14-2008, 02:09 PM
A constructive criticism ala the above post. Seems it should have said, "What do you think your style of communication predominately is?

I see myself as mostly 'informative'. On the other hand, I can be aggressive or reactive. Occasionally, passive-aggressive. :laugh2: No simple answer here.

And a constructive criticism of that post would be:

"What is your predominate style of communication?"

:)

Abbey Marie
08-14-2008, 02:13 PM
a. mostly agressive

b. mostly assertive

c. mostly passive

It usually depends upon how comfortable I am around the person with whom I am speaking.

darin
08-14-2008, 02:15 PM
...and perhaps your desired outcome of the conversation?

If you were speaking to me, and wanted something from me, you'd likely be asstertive. "Darin - go to my room. Now."

:D

MtnBiker
08-14-2008, 02:16 PM
there was no option for smoke signal

hjmick
08-14-2008, 02:17 PM
For me it's generally a combination of all three, though not necessarily in the same conversation. Factors that influence the way I communicate, topic, demeanor of those in the discussion, the strength of my feelings on the topic, and my mood, to name a few.

I think everyone uses a combination rather than just one style of communication.

Kathianne
08-14-2008, 02:18 PM
And a constructive criticism of that post would be:

"What is your predominate style of communication?"

:)

Yes, I desperately need an editor! :laugh2: I'll be sending you my tests. How about grading papers? That would make my life so much easier! :cheers2: Uh, you still have to take and post pics of helicopters landing at your place of employment! :salute:

crin63
08-14-2008, 02:21 PM
My option isn't listed.

I'm bold and direct but playful most of the time. I love to be politically incorrect in crowds. I also like to ask the questions and say the things that you are not supposed too. Like asking women how old they are, if their new shoes hurt their feet or if they are still learning to walk in them. You know cute things like that. I love to watch women respond to those things it just cracks me up. I particularly love it when they gasp in shock after one of my questions or statements.

I can usually say things to people without offending them, whiles others saying the same thing would offend. However I have no tolerance for certain groups of people and don't worry about offending them.

red states rule
08-14-2008, 02:47 PM

Abbey, you can communicate with me anytime you want:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
08-14-2008, 02:49 PM
My option isn't listed.

I'm bold and direct but playful most of the time. I love to be politically incorrect in crowds. I also like to ask the questions and say the things that you are not supposed too. Like asking women how old they are, if their new shoes hurt their feet or if they are still learning to walk in them. You know cute things like that. I love to watch women respond to those things it just cracks me up. I particularly love it when they gasp in shock after one of my questions or statements.

I can usually say things to people without offending them, whiles others saying the same thing would offend. However I have no tolerance for certain groups of people and don't worry about offending them.

Crin, I trust that you ask men plenty of embarassing questions as well... ;)

crin63
08-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Crin, I trust that you ask men plenty of embarassing questions as well... ;)

Yes, I do. I'm an equal opportunity offender. :coffee:

Said1
08-14-2008, 05:01 PM
there was no option for smoke signal

Or farting. :(

jackass
08-14-2008, 05:45 PM

Ohhh Im good at that type of communicating!! :laugh2:

April15
08-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Person to person I need only be there. I have no need to be any of the three. I use english and get my idea or points across very well.

dan
08-14-2008, 07:12 PM

Say it, don't spray it.
:fart: