PDA

View Full Version : Ever too shy to thank a soldier? Watch this!

-Cp
08-14-2008, 04:17 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MSfFYxSdKdo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MSfFYxSdKdo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kathianne
08-14-2008, 04:33 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MSfFYxSdKdo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MSfFYxSdKdo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thank you for the reminder. I try to say thank you to the members of the military whenever possible. Spending some time at O'Hare and downtown Chicago, (aka The City), it happens pretty often. Some of you would be shocked how many sailors spend time at the Museum of Science and Industry, the Art Institute, and The Field Museum. Not all of them are catting around. :laugh2:

hjmick
08-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Whenever I find myself in a restaurant with a member of the military, I always pick up their check, without hesitation. It's the least I can do for all they do.

gabosaurus
08-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Whenever I find myself in a restaurant with a member of the military, I always pick up their check, without hesitation. It's the least I can do for all they do.

Do you do the same with police and firefighters? You should.

April15
08-15-2008, 05:38 PM
I try to talk to every soldier in uniform. I want to know the truth about the war.

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Do you do the same with police and firefighters? You should.

I thank firefighters but I don't give a shit about police, especially state cops.:coffee:

actsnoblemartin
08-15-2008, 06:01 PM

beautiful, absolutely beautiful

god bless you for putting that up

:salute:

actsnoblemartin
08-15-2008, 06:02 PM
I thank firefighters but I don't give a shit about police, especially state cops.:coffee:

with all due respect, I think you suck for that. Police are just as important as firefighters, they are their to serve and protect YOU.

actsnoblemartin
08-15-2008, 06:04 PM
I try to talk to every soldier in uniform. I want to know the truth about the war.

do you respect them for their service, and do you thank them for it?

do you accept their answers even if you dont like/agree with them?

actsnoblemartin
08-15-2008, 06:05 PM

you are an honorable man

I admire you for that sir :salute:

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 06:17 PM
with all due respect, I think you suck for that. Police are just as important as firefighters, they are their to serve and protect YOU.

Some do, most are on ego trips harassing individuals for doing less than what they do all day, every day. When was the last time you witnessed a cop doing anything close to the speed limit, stop at a stop sign, actually driving with an awareness of their surroundings instead of gabbing on a cell phone.

I called the sheriff's department at 3 a.m. after I heard half a clip get fired off on the street behind me, I waited for them to show for an hour and went back into the house to argue with sycho on the board. 5 cars showed up one night when a neighbor called about my dog howling....... I was out of town but my neighbor across the street saw them in my driveway and on the grass.

What I have found is that many cops are the guys in high school that had their heads dunked in the toilet and this is how they will get everyone back. I talk to plenty, whether at the airport or around town, most are assholes that look at you like your crazy for even talking to them. I still usually leave them with "have a safe night", I'm just polite that way.:laugh2:

April15
08-15-2008, 09:55 PM
do you respect them for their service, and do you thank them for it?

do you accept their answers even if you dont like/agree with them?For me I saw the stupidity of vietnam vets being spat upon and that disgusted me. My brother was one. My father was shot in Italy. No country can long survive with out a military that is well trained and supplied.
I accept any answer given honestly.

April15
08-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Some do, most are on ego trips harassing individuals for doing less than what they do all day, every day. When was the last time you witnessed a cop doing anything close to the speed limit, stop at a stop sign, actually driving with an awareness of their surroundings instead of gabbing on a cell phone.

I called the sheriff's department at 3 a.m. after I heard half a clip get fired off on the street behind me, I waited for them to show for an hour and went back into the house to argue with sycho on the board. 5 cars showed up one night when a neighbor called about my dog howling....... I was out of town but my neighbor across the street saw them in my driveway and on the grass.

What I have found is that many cops are the guys in high school that had their heads dunked in the toilet and this is how they will get everyone back. I talk to plenty, whether at the airport or around town, most are assholes that look at you like your crazy for even talking to them. I still usually leave them with "have a safe night", I'm just polite that way.:laugh2:

Thank goodness we have a professional force here.

gabosaurus
08-15-2008, 10:18 PM
I thank firefighters but I don't give a shit about police, especially state cops.

A typically misguided response. Get back to me the next time some miscreant breaks into your home and shoots one of your kids.

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 11:30 PM
A typically misguided response. Get back to me the next time some miscreant breaks into your home and shoots one of your kids.

I don't have kids and have more than adequate weaponry for a response when the alarm system wakes me up. I also live in Texas so I have the right to kill the pricks from upstairs before they have a chance to get completely through the door. After dark you can kill anyone on your property except someone with a badge.

Shit, I can have them killed, gutted and hanging in the freezer before the clowns from the Sheriff's office leave What-A-Burger. If you are counting on the police for protection, you are S.O.L., especially in California.

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Thank goodness we have a professional force here.

La La La La:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: that's hilarious.

gabosaurus
08-16-2008, 01:15 AM
Some do, most are on ego trips harassing individuals for doing less than what they do all day, every day

What I have found is that many cops are the guys in high school that had their heads dunked in the toilet and this is how they will get everyone back.

Can you not say the same things about bad apple members of the military? That they enjoy the power trip of being set loose with a weapon in their hands and instructions to kill?

The Los Angeles metro area has some of the most crooked, deviant, racist police in the world. But the majority are good people who are devoted to protecting the general populace. I believe the same is true of the military.

You shouldn't judge a majority by the actions of a minority.

actsnoblemartin
08-17-2008, 05:43 PM
I dont believe la has the most racist cops, but i do agree that judging a majority by a minority generally speaking is not right.

However, if were talking about islam, its whole history is filled with many who engaged (not a minority) or murdering and mistreating non muslims

Can you not say the same things about bad apple members of the military? That they enjoy the power trip of being set loose with a weapon in their hands and instructions to kill?

The Los Angeles metro area has some of the most crooked, deviant, racist police in the world. But the majority are good people who are devoted to protecting the general populace. I believe the same is true of the military.

actsnoblemartin
08-17-2008, 05:45 PM
you are an honerable man :salute:

God Bless You :cheers2:

For me I saw the stupidity of vietnam vets being spat upon and that disgusted me. My brother was one. My father was shot in Italy. No country can long survive with out a military that is well trained and supplied.
I accept any answer given honestly.

rppearso
08-22-2008, 01:06 AM

The problem is all it takes is a minority in key positions to do alot of disservice with there position. The police and military have very little civilian oversight which is the biggest problem, once a problem solider is identified they should go away, instead the commander does a little dog and pony show for the media and the congressional oversight, the bad soldier gets a slap on the wrist and its business as usual. Also the reporting process from within is onerous and ineffective, they hype the reporting system way up but functionally its a broken system. If they got rid of the hand full (in my opinion hand full in the army = 60%) of shit bags swiftly you could have an even greater military but instead when something goes south they call out a fall guy do a dog and pony show and continue in the exact same behavior.