PDA

View Full Version : Near Perfect Performance

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Lara Fabian at her consistent greatness, every performance by her is amazing but this one is ......... there aren't words...... the final note is beyond belief!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLzgEyFOC58&feature=related

Go ahead sycho, tell me how much more soul blues has:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 01:42 AM
Yea, Adagio is incredible and a true classic but, this is the song I meant to post...... "You're Not From Here". The guitarist demonstrates why I love the sound of a Les Paul too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwp35FIu1es&feature=related

-Cp
08-15-2008, 03:42 AM
Not bad, but no Martina McBride...

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Not bad, but no Martina McBride...

Who is Martina McBride? Is she a vocalist?

-Cp
08-15-2008, 12:57 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8WRa3eLQKu0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8WRa3eLQKu0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

gabosaurus
08-15-2008, 02:49 PM
I know I have heard that name. Doesn't she record classical pieces and arias?
My husband prefers Hayley Westenra.

Psychoblues
08-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Obviously, zero, you wouldn't know a canned jamm from a jar of jelly!!!!!!! And I don't know why you have such an obsession attempting to somehow discredit the improvisational nature of the jamms that I call "blues"? You are a confusing one, aren't you?

Did you notice that the guitar player also used an electrified, looks like an Aria to me, classical cutaway guitar and a Fender Stratocaster on stage? It doesn't matter as neither were actually heard. The Les Paul, however, did sound really good in the recording, but, I could just see the musical director cringe as the ZZ Toppish overdrive kicked in on top of an otherwise wonderful full stringed orchestra!!!!!!!!!

And you call that a "near perfect performance"? You purists just eat this old improvisational jammers ass up, don't you know? Have you ever seen a blues or jazz jammer lip sync? We just don't do that unless very highly paid for it. Us improvisationalists tend more towards actual live performance and interpret the music, the moods of the jammers and the crowd and react accordingly. I don't think someone that enjoys garbage like the sheet readers/players put out would understand. Not to discourage reading or playing off the sheets as I can certainly do, but confining oneself to something someone has written and demands absolute adherence to only what is written is just not something with which I would want to associate myself ever again. The performance, however, and although canned, was about as excellent as it gets if that type of music is your thing.

Hit it, Robert Johnson, I Got The 32 Blues: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Said1
08-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Obviously, zero, you wouldn't know a canned jamm from a jar of jelly!!!!!!! And I don't know why you have such an obsession attempting to somehow discredit the improvisational nature of the jamms that I call "blues"? You are a confusing one, aren't you?

Did you notice that the guitar player also used an electrified, looks like an Aria to me, classical cutaway guitar and a Fender Stratocaster on stage? It doesn't matter as neither were actually heard. The Les Paul, however, did sound really good in the recording, but, I could just see the musical director cringe as the ZZ Toppish overdrive kicked in on top of an otherwise wonderful full stringed orchestra!!!!!!!!!

And you call that a "near perfect performance"? You purists just eat this old improvisational jammers ass up, don't you know? Have you ever seen a blues or jazz jammer lip sync? We just don't do that unless very highly paid for it. Us improvisationalists tend more towards actual live performance and interpret the music, the moods of the jammers and the crowd and react accordingly. I don't think someone that enjoys garbage like the sheet readers/players put out would understand. Not to discourage reading or playing off the sheets as I can certainly do, but confining oneself to something someone has written and demands absolute adherence to only what is written is just not something with which I would want to associate myself ever again. The performance, however, and although canned, was about as excellent as it gets if that type of music is your thing.

Hit it, Robert Johnson, I Got The 32 Blues: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

I gotta agree with you there, psycho - I don't care if a performance is perfect. I enjoy watching someone have a good time while they're performing and if they miss a note or add a lyric, who cares?

gabosaurus
08-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Kind of apples and oranges, is it not? You are talking about two very different genres of music.

Psychoblues
08-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Missing or sometimes adding notes and lyrics is where the jamm kicks in, S1!!!!!!! Even though I was the 1st chair drummer in my high school band, I drove my band director nuts because I constantly rewrote the sheets and passed the jamm out to all the rest of the percussionists!!!!!!! We did it MY WAY!!!!!!!!!

I gotta agree with you there, psycho - I don't care if a performance is perfect. I enjoy watching someone have a good time while they're performing and if they miss a note or add a lyric, who cares?

Have you ever heard Six Fifty East? YOU SHOULD OF HEARD IT MY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Psychoblues
08-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Almost totally, gabby!!!!!!

Kind of apples and oranges, is it not? You are talking about two very different genres of music.

Did you read the opening post directed towards me and my jamm? I didn't think so. On the other hand, jamm is jamm IMHO. If it's good, no matter the genre, I'm into it!!!!!!!!!!!

In the meantime: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Said1
08-15-2008, 05:49 PM

So? A performance can be soulful or lack depth, regardless of genre, can it not?

Said1
08-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Have you ever heard Six Fifty East? YOU SHOULD OF HEARD IT MY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I haven't, but I can imagine!

Psychoblues
08-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Inadvertant dupe, hit the submit too fast!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
08-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Lot's of transitions, crescendos and decrescendos, from lullaby to thundering almost marching military into war, and then simple thoughtfulness!!!!!!! Incredible piece of music!!!!!!!!!

No I haven't, but I can imagine!

But the composer was obviously not a percussionist!!!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 07:01 PM

First off, she doesn't lip sync and the guitarist on the strat was the guy on the acoustic, different from the Les Paul guy. The "ZZ Top" riff is on the original recording although I'm sure he played it a bit different live as she did with her vocals..... they were close but I liked it better, her emphasis was different in various areas of the song.

I have heard plenty of blues, I get bored by what the players pretend is freeform but is actually structured around egos that don't want to be accountable for screwing up. With no structure, you really can't screw up, even if you do you can just call it your interpretation.

It's a lot like abstract visual artist, they aren't accountable to anything with rules, like perspective or a likeness, they get to be free....... that's fine, I'm free to think what they do is shit and could be done by any drunk 5 year old throwing up paint on a canvas. That little three letter word excuses the biggest no talent hacks that take a shit and call it art.

I have also never liked totally freeform jazz either, no structure, everybody gets their ride to show off and maybe, if they are lucky, it is pleasing to the ear..... more often than not, it isn't, just a bunch of narcissists jamming to the tune in their own head, nothing cohesive. It really helps if they are really fucked up on alcohol or drugs or both so they can really think they did something great.

That's not to say I don't like improvisation, I usually like the live versions of songs much more than the original recorded version. That is why I said that The Filmore East album is my favorite by the Allman Brothers, they were much better live. Santana's Moonflower album or Lotus, much better than original..... Santana, the percussionist, the keyboardist..... all did their thing within the structure of the original song, usually extending the song quite a bit. 4 Way Street is another prime example.

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 07:09 PM

Lara Fabian always looks like she is having a good time, she makes me think there isn't a place on the planet she would rather be. I am not a musician but I would have to think that professionals such as these love to perform with the limitations of great writing, as a cohesive unit, to create something as flawless as they can...... that is the definition of professionalism. Since they signed up to be part of a unit, a team, they realize that their individual ideas have little to do with their job. I wouldn't doubt that when they rehearsed the songs there was some openness to some additional input.

Psychoblues
08-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Uhhhhhhh, zero........ It is canned, my friend. I have certainly done enough tape to see what is happening on a bandstand/stage. The jamm is tired, the singing from somewhere else and the antics only professional in appearance.

I don't know of a blues player or blues band leader that would tolerate drug or alcohol influenced jamm. That goes double ditto for the jazz bunch. We get a bad rap for the sins of some of our forefathers and even a few current idiots but in the circles I tend to travel I maintain that we just don't tolerate the practise or the abstraction, not that there's anything wrong with abstraction. I would ask if you can dig it but I already know the answer.

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Uhhhhhhh, zero........ It is canned, my friend. I have certainly done enough tape to see what is happening on a bandstand/stage. The jamm is tired, the singing from somewhere else and the antics only professional in appearance.

I don't know of a blues player or blues band leader that would tolerate drug or alcohol influenced jamm. That goes double ditto for the jazz bunch. We get a bad rap for the sins of some of our forefathers and even a few current idiots but in the circles I tend to travel I maintain that we just don't tolerate the practise or the abstraction, not that there's anything wrong with abstraction. I would ask if you can dig it but I already know the answer.

You are overstating your abilities, what a surprise. Canned, you obviously have been hanging around so many drunk hacks that you can't even see the real thing when it's right in your face. Or is it your computer and poor connection to the internet that makes it impossible to see or hear something on youtube in real time, is that why you think she is lip syncing? Lara Fabian is a consummate professional along with the people she plays with, what an insult to musicians that piss with more musical talent than you could possibly know.

Psychoblues
08-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Speaking of piss, have I told your ignorant ass lately to kiss this: :pee:

It's canned, cowgirl. Get over it. And you have no idea as to the degree or not I am talented. I am certainly talented enough to see canned jamm while you insist it's for real. Knock yourself out with jealousy, zero.

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Speaking of piss, have I told your ignorant ass lately to kiss this: :pee:

It's canned, cowgirl. Get over it. And you have no idea as to the degree or not I am talented. I am certainly talented enough to see canned jamm while you insist it's for real. Knock yourself out with jealousy, zero.

Why would they employ that huge orchestra for a live show and play a recording for an audience that was close enough to smell the sweetness of her breath. I know the original recording and this isn't it, you are just used to hacks like BB King putting on bullshit shows that take no professional talent to produce.

Psychoblues
08-15-2008, 08:35 PM
It happens all the time, zero, and the production crews are genius in their work, aren't they?

Why would they employ that huge orchestra for a live show and play a recording for an audience that was close enough to smell the sweetness of her breath. I know the original recording and this isn't it, you are just used to hacks like BB King putting on bullshit shows that take no professional talent to produce.

I didn't say she wasn't good, zero. I said she was either lip syncing or even if she was singing the sound that you hear on that piece is coming from a different source than her mouth and that orchestra!!!!! And that, my friend, is a damned fact!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never heard or seen BB King doing a canned show. What makes you say that?!!!?!???!?!?!?!?!

Hit it BB, The Thrill Is Gone: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 08:57 PM
It happens all the time, zero, and the production crews are genius in their work, aren't they?

I didn't say she wasn't good, zero. I said she was either lip syncing or even if she was singing the sound that you hear on that piece is coming from a different source than her mouth and that orchestra!!!!! And that, my friend, is a damned fact!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never heard or seen BB King doing a canned show. What makes you say that?!!!?!???!?!?!?!?!

Hit it BB, The Thrill Is Gone: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

I was right about your internet connection wasn't I? If you can even play the video, the sound is out of sync with it and that is leading you to believe that she isn't actually singing, that's funny.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I've seen King, his singing sucked, his guitar work was amateurish and he wasn't able to sound at all like the records he supposedly recorded. The only thing worth a shit about his depressing performance was that he tried to play a Gibson, at least someone told him who makes great guitars.

Psychoblues
08-15-2008, 10:49 PM
You are correct on the connection, zero!!!!! I have dial up and not a very good one at that. However, once I got the act uploaded to my computer I can play it as good as yours or anyone else's rig. Cable, DSL etc. are not available where I live. Satellite is available and my uncle has it. For the difference in price v quality, however, I wouldn't consider it.

It is not the syncing that leads me to believe the piece is canned, however, the syncing was excellent although not perfect. The sound is definately studio generated and the audio ambiance was not conducive to the room in which the piece was being performed. These old ears of mine can still work at least that well!!!!!!!! I know how rooms and microphones operate!!!!!!

I was right about your internet connection wasn't I? If you can even play the video, the sound is out of sync with it and that is leading you to believe that she isn't actually singing, that's funny.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I've seen King, his singing sucked, his guitar work was amateurish and he wasn't able to sound at all like the records he supposedly recorded. The only thing worth a shit about his depressing performance was that he tried to play a Gibson, at least someone told him who makes great guitars.

I'm afraid I have to agree with you for the most part about BB King. Personally, I prefer Albert King if this King thing is somehow upsetting you!!!!!! BB is certainly fine for a night club blues act but he is also certainly no master by either of our definitions!!!!!!!! And his Gibson ES 355 "Lucille" axe is far more than BB would ever need to do what he does. LIke Ace Cannon used to say about his Selmer saxophones, "I prefer King, but I don't want anyone to think I can't affort the Selmers." The sound of BB is easily duplicated exactly with almost any hollow bodied Gibson, Epiphone, Heritage and other make guitar with humbuckers and played through a Fender Deluxe amp with a single 12" Jensen and the controls all maxed. Even then, BB is not consistent as I have played behind him and listened to him many times through the years.

Got My Mojo Workin': :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 11:08 PM
You are correct on the connection, zero!!!!! I have dial up and not a very good one at that. However, once I got the act uploaded to my computer I can play it as good as yours or anyone else's rig. Cable, DSL etc. are not available where I live. Satellite is available and my uncle has it. For the difference in price v quality, however, I wouldn't consider it.

It is not the syncing that leads me to believe the piece is canned, however, the syncing was excellent although not perfect. The sound is definately studio generated and the audio ambiance was not conducive to the room in which the piece was being performed. These old ears of mine can still work at least that well!!!!!!!! I know how rooms and microphones operate!!!!!!

I'm afraid I have to agree with you for the most part about BB King. Personally, I prefer Albert King if this King thing is somehow upsetting you!!!!!! BB is certainly fine for a night club blues act but he is also certainly no master by either of our definitions!!!!!!!! And his Gibson ES 355 "Lucille" axe is far more than BB would ever need to do what he does. LIke Ace Cannon used to say about his Selmer saxophones, "I prefer King, but I don't want anyone to think I can't affort the Selmers." The sound of BB is easily duplicated exactly with almost any hollow bodied Gibson, Epiphone, Heritage and other make guitar with humbuckers and played through a Fender Deluxe amp with a single 12" Jensen and the controls all maxed. Even then, BB is not consistent as I have played behind him and listened to him many times through the years.

Got My Mojo Workin': :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:
My brother plays a burgundy "Lucille" with gold hardware, been playing it for probably 15 years. Before that he had an L6-s and a Black Les Paul, before that an SG........ he is obviously a Gibson fan too. I went to watch him play the other night and he had a Strat strapped to him, it looked so foreign, his friend had let him borrow it....... he said it was fun but was happy to pick up his girl, "Lucille" again.

I attended a concert many years ago at the LSU basketball arena where Albert opened for War, I did like him better than BB. War was who we really came to see and they were outstanding. My friends and I ended up with our faces at the stage. At one point, one of the guys from War yelled "SEE YOURSELF" and a curtain behind them went up revealing a wall of mirrors. You could easily see our 4 white faces in a sea of black faces, we had a ball passing joints around and groovin to some really tight music. War is another band that is great live, at least they were, this was 30 years ago. When we were leaving we saw that all of the white people were on the second level, except us 4 and a few others.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues
08-15-2008, 11:43 PM
I remember when all the black folks had to sit in the balconies in local theaters and if they made one peep they were immediately thrown out!!!!!!!! Despicable treatment im my opinion but that was then and now white people generally don't go to theaters at all around here. I go and have a great time, but so many of my most close friends think that I'm just nuts. They are close to correct on that issue.

War!!!!!!! Unbelievable group!!!!!!!!!! I did a gig with them at the Chosun Hotel in Seoul, Korea. I didn't play with them, I had my own little 7 piece improvisational jazz/R&B group. We rotated bands for 56 straight hours!!!!!!! There were I think 8 different groups. Another band that was in the lineup was a group from the Phillipines called "Moonstruck". Those cats couldn't speak a word of English but you would never know it from their most extraordinary and ecclectic performance!!!!!!! They were fantastic!!!!!!!! We were all hired by then Northwest Orient Airlines and the venue was called the RedTail Rock Festival!!!!!!!!! Fantastic gig, fantastic jamm and now I want to go back and do it again!!!!!!!!!! Oh, well.

Instead, hit it Merle, I Think I'll Just Sit Here And Drink (Busch): :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

I bet your brother looked and felt pretty lost with that Strat hangin' off his neck!!!!!!!!! Burgandy with gold!!!!!!!! I've seen that guitar and it is gorgeous!!!!!!! Does his have the 6 or 7 position tone blender?

Sitarro
08-16-2008, 12:45 AM
I bet your brother looked and felt pretty lost with that Strat hangin' off his neck!!!!!!!!! Burgandy with gold!!!!!!!! I've seen that guitar and it is gorgeous!!!!!!! Does his have the 6 or 7 position tone blender?

Can't answer that one, don't know the guitar that well. It is definitely his true love.

Psychoblues
08-16-2008, 01:01 AM
I've had 2 355's, zero. One was a black "Lucille" model and the other was a Tobacco Burst. I was jammin' rhythm guitar swing music back then and nothin' but hollow body Gibsons w/humbuckers are really suitable for that kind of work. The lead man was an old cat out of Texas. He played a sunburst Strat and an orange translucent birdseye maple hollow body Ibanez that he bought from me. I sure wish I had that Ibanez back!!!!!!!!!! Between him and me, we could fuck up some ol' country and bluegrass heads!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, 9th chords don't work well behind "Fox On The Run", but we did 'em anyway!!!!!!! It was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't answer that one, don't know the guitar that well. It is definitely his true love.

Your brother certainly has an axe to take care of and be very proud of. That axe is probably worth double or triple what he paid for it even 15 years ago!!!! I've never seen a bad copy in that model!!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
08-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Hey sych,

This version of Adagio is from the same PBS concert that is also available on DVD, is this canned too? Was her whole show fake?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS1oE0YwhkY
:cool:

Said1
08-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Lara Fabian always looks like she is having a good time, she makes me think there isn't a place on the planet she would rather be. I am not a musician but I would have to think that professionals such as these love to perform with the limitations of great writing, as a cohesive unit, to create something as flawless as they can...... that is the definition of professionalism. Since they signed up to be part of a unit, a team, they realize that their individual ideas have little to do with their job. I wouldn't doubt that when they rehearsed the songs there was some openness to some additional input.

That's fine, and enjoy it to the fullest. However, to me, it seemed like there was something missing. Something I can't quite put my finger on and, somehow made it less enjoyable to me. Honestly, I think Gretchen Wilson probably puts on a better show, and I don't even like her. :laugh2:

emmett
08-16-2008, 03:11 PM
I hate to bust y'alls bubble but nither of these chicks is a Pat Benatar! I need not locate a video as :

1) I don't know how!

2) I'm sure it is not necessary as her multi-octive voice has been for years etched in all our memories and all we have to do is shut our eyes and we can hear it just fine.

Sitarro
08-16-2008, 04:03 PM
From a live concert in 1982.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYJMWbBFhOc&feature=related

Another???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3O2JGB0xXs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnpUKf--VmA&feature=related

Sitarro
08-16-2008, 04:11 PM
That's fine, and enjoy it to the fullest. However, to me, it seemed like there was something missing. Something I can't quite put my finger on and, somehow made it less enjoyable to me. Honestly, I think Gretchen Wilson probably puts on a better show, and I don't even like her. :laugh2:

She's Belgian, maybe that's it.:laugh2:

Sitarro
08-16-2008, 04:49 PM
She's Belgian, maybe that's it.:laugh2:

Her mother is Italian, here she sings "Adagio" the way it's suppose to be sung..... in Italian.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV_eoI5zIxk&feature=related

Sitarro
08-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Spanish.........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2CTKUHQHnQ&feature=related

French.........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DEEZtGY-b4&feature=related

Sitarro
08-16-2008, 05:12 PM
French.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-r40jEOOSQ&feature=related

Italian........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR0eXZQD10g&feature=related

emmett
08-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Sitarro.................GRRRRREEAT video! Listen to them all for mini concert. Second one is best work she ever performed!

Hey ah.....Psycho............lipped?

S1.....Anything missing?

Sounded identical to recorded version......only absolutely LIVE!

Wow!! I'm gonna be humming that in my head til tomorrow.

Sitarro
08-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Sitarro.................GRRRRREEAT video! Listen to them all for mini concert. Second one is best work she ever performed!

S1.....Anything missing?

How about this one emmett?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Vidd3Cf6c

This is her and Neil today...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xiv2PZpyrPA&feature=related

gabosaurus
08-16-2008, 11:23 PM
I love Pat Benatar. My dad saw her in 1979, right after her first album came out. She can't hit the extreme high notes anymore, but her voice remains incredible.

emmett
08-17-2008, 01:54 AM
I love Pat Benatar. My dad saw her in 1979, right after her first album came out. She can't hit the extreme high notes anymore, but her voice remains incredible.

Gee whiz Gabster, this makes twice in one week we have agreed on something. You really ought to be careful, next you will be wearing tee shirts with writing on them, wearing turquoise jewelery, and voting Libertarian.

Said1
08-17-2008, 12:24 PM

S1.....Anything missing?

I'm sorry, I don't like Pat Benatar. I think the tape with "hit me with your best shot' and Martha and the Muffins were the only tapes my parents brought on a road/camping trip when I was a kid. Pat Benetar from Calgary to Montana to Idaho to Washington then back up to B.C. A kid can only take so much. :laugh2:

Psychoblues
08-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Gee, guys, I can't tell you that everything is "canned" as I know for sure that it is not. The performance in question here is definitely canned!!!!!!! I've done enough stage production to see and hear the evidence of it!!!!!! That's really beside the point, however, as the work was certainly done as flawlessly as possible and is really very good in my honest opinion.

As far as all the rest of the videos go, you know I'm on dial up and I simply cannot upload to any extent necessary to give a solid opinion as to whether it was canned or not. I took the time to do that on the one in which I remain certain was canned. It has always broke my heart to do complicated stage setups knowing full well that the audience was only going to hear a "canned" jamm. But, I definitely understand the concept and serious advisability of the practice!!!!!!!!

Good jamm is often heard from the bandstand. Great jamm is usually done in a more controlled environment, corrected by an engineer and choreographed for public consumption in the "live" venue. Sorry, folks, but that's life in the 21st Century!!!!!!!!!

Hit it, Roy, Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

emmett
08-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Psycho....the Pat Benatar video was recorded as an album.......and you saw the live recording. The only thing requiring canning in this instance is your expertise my Mississippian friend. I think you have been swimming in too many mudholes and must have gotten a tick in your ear and it blocking your hearing. You need to be careful, I hear lime disease can be had from those things too. Maybe you ought to stick to the blues.

On another more serious note.... there is now a little blues bar in Helen. Wow, what a great time. Yes, they mess up a chord here and there, the other night one guy even spilled his drink on himself while jamming, he recovered well, made a funny comment that brought down the house and continued. It was live and it was fun. I enjoy going to blues places but my favorite musicians and music are the ones who sit on their porch and play to one or two folks. People sing along and sometimes not everyone knows all the words. Nobody beats it to death, noone cares if the chords are off a little and everyone always has a good time.

Psychoblues
08-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Wha,,,wha,,,what Pat Benatar video, emmie?!?!?!??! I told you that I can't upload much here!!!!!!! And you already know how my feeble mind works!!!!!!!!!!

The video in question?!??!?!??? Canned. Period.