PDA

View Full Version : "In the 21st century, nations don’t invade other nations."

Joe Steel
08-15-2008, 05:34 AM
"In the 21st century, nations don’t invade other nations."
-- John McCain

Does McCain have the first idea of what he says?

Does he understand it?

McCain is too confused to be President.

Nukeman
08-15-2008, 06:07 AM
-- John McCain

Does he understand it?

McCain is too confused to be President.YOU obviously missed the "spirit" of the comment, but hey I would expect no less from you Joe!!!!

Joe Steel
08-15-2008, 06:26 AM
YOU obviously missed the "spirit" of the comment, but hey I would expect no less from you Joe!!!!

What spirit was that?

"It's OK for me to do it but not for you?"

Was that the spirit?

McCain supported the invasion of Iraq. That happened in 2003. One nation invaded another nation in the twenty-first century and McCain loved it.

Nukeman
08-15-2008, 06:34 AM
What spirit was that?

"It's OK for me to do it but not for you?"

Was that the spirit?

McCain supported the invasion of Iraq. That happened in 2003. One nation invaded another nation in the twenty-first century and McCain loved it.
You know this for a fact how??? You a mouse in his pocket, or are you a thought in his head?? You make a lot of accusations, keep in mind he voted by hearing the SAME intel that the other memebers of congres heard and he is the war mongering fool???

You sound like a broken record with your "republicans bad" mantra. there were almost equal numbers of republicans and democrats in the house and they voted to go to war not just McCain...

For the record I NEVER said we should go to war with Iraq, I do however support our men and women who are there fully and completely....

Joe Steel
08-15-2008, 06:53 AM
You know this for a fact how??? You a mouse in his pocket, or are you a thought in his head?? You make a lot of accusations, keep in mind he voted by hearing the SAME intel that the other memebers of congres heard and he is the war mongering fool???

You sound like a broken record with your "republicans bad" mantra. there were almost equal numbers of republicans and democrats in the house and they voted to go to war not just McCain...

For the record I NEVER said we should go to war with Iraq, I do however support our men and women who are there fully and completely....

This isn't about the whole Congress' lack of judgment. This is about McCain's lack of judgment. He wants to be president. He has to give us reason to believe he can be better than everyone else.

Nukeman
08-15-2008, 07:14 AM
This isn't about the whole Congress' lack of judgment. This is about McCain's lack of judgment. He wants to be president. He has to give us reason to believe he can be better than everyone else.
Well I don't think thats going to happen, as long as politics is a career we will never have the best!!! I personally don't think McCain will be a good president and I also don't think Obama has enough experience. We really don't have a good choice this year and we really haven't for a number of years..

Kathianne
08-15-2008, 07:22 AM
One can disagree with entering Iraq War, but it wasn't done illegally. I'm not going to rehash that with anyone, it was done in '03, '04, '05...

The fact that the US tried over the course of a year to conform to all the UN hurdles which they did, but ro go one step further at the request of an ally, (France), not only negates what you are attempting to assert, it's foolish. The fact that that ally set up the failure, never did negate all the other mandates, just gave an excuse for the whining after. What's more interesting was finding out afterwards that not only France, but the other major appeasers within the UN were making a fortune over the suffering of the Iraqi people and enrichment of Saddam and his UN sympathizers from Oil for Food program.

Saddam knew for a year that war was coming. The physical build up to such took over 5 months, plenty of time for him to have dealt with the inspectors and with any WMD's he may have had.

Last week on Thursday, the separatists launched missiles into Georgia. Georgia sent troops to address the problem. Friday hundreds of tanks, troops, planes, bombs were raining on Georgia. That sir, is a provoked reason to attack a weaker country.

Joe Steel
08-15-2008, 08:23 AM
One can disagree with entering Iraq War, but it wasn't done illegally. I'm not going to rehash that with anyone, it was done in '03, '04, '05...

The fact that the US tried over the course of a year to conform to all the UN hurdles which they did, but ro go one step further at the request of an ally, (France), not only negates what you are attempting to assert, it's foolish. The fact that that ally set up the failure, never did negate all the other mandates, just gave an excuse for the whining after. What's more interesting was finding out afterwards that not only France, but the other major appeasers within the UN were making a fortune over the suffering of the Iraqi people and enrichment of Saddam and his UN sympathizers from Oil for Food program.

Saddam knew for a year that war was coming. The physical build up to such took over 5 months, plenty of time for him to have dealt with the inspectors and with any WMD's he may have had.

Last week on Thursday, the separatists launched missiles into Georgia. Georgia sent troops to address the problem. Friday hundreds of tanks, troops, planes, bombs were raining on Georgia. That sir, is a provoked reason to attack a weaker country.

The attack on Iraq was illegal, unlawful, immoral and an affront to any commonly accepted standard of civilized conduct among nations. It was a war crime of monumental proportions. It stands on par with Hitler's attack on Poland.

The circumstances leading to the Georgia - Russia conflict still are unclear. The evidence, however, suggests it was contrived by political operatives for political gain.

08-15-2008, 08:34 AM
The attack on Iraq was illegal, unlawful, immoral and an affront to any commonly accepted standard of civilized conduct among nations. It was a war crime of monumental proportions. It stands on par with Hitler's attack on Poland.

The circumstances leading to the Georgia - Russia conflict still are unclear. The evidence, however, suggests it was contrived by political operatives for political gain.

Simply stating it again and again doesnt mean its true.

However, McCains statement here is stupid.

crin63
08-15-2008, 08:39 AM

:lol:

Trigg
08-15-2008, 02:02 PM
-- John McCain

Does he understand it?

McCain is too confused to be President.

Is a link to much to ask for???????? Try including one every once in a while.

:link::link::link::link:

Yurt
08-15-2008, 02:10 PM
here is the vid...i can't believe he made that mistake

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/13/mccain-in-the-21st-centur_n_118759.html

Kathianne
08-15-2008, 03:43 PM
The attack on Iraq was illegal, unlawful, immoral and an affront to any commonly accepted standard of civilized conduct among nations. It was a war crime of monumental proportions. It stands on par with Hitler's attack on Poland. Pssst, your writing something doesn't make it true.

The circumstances leading to the Georgia - Russia conflict still are unclear. The evidence, however, suggests it was contrived by political operatives for political gain. Not according to BBC, Reuters, and AP writers that were there. Now the political operatives, they are like laundry, always with us.

theHawk
08-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Pssst, your writing something doesn't make it true.

Not according to BBC, Reuters, and AP writers that were there. Now the political operatives, they are like laundry, always with us.

There is no reasoning with people like Joe Steel. They will look to find a right-wing conspiracy in every worldly significant event.

Psychoblues
08-16-2008, 01:14 AM
The statement has been broadcast in every news outlet that I am aware and even repeated by none other than one each gwb. Nothing nefarious or confusing about that, is there?

The irony is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!