PDA

View Full Version : McCain's foreign policy gaffes

gabosaurus
08-15-2008, 05:28 PM
John McCain needs to become more knowledgeable about foreign affairs before making stupid statements.
On two different occasions, McCain has referred to Russia's dealings with Czechoslovakia. Overlooking the fact that Czechoslovakia hasn't existed for 15 years. It is split into two independent nations.

*waits for spin*

Yurt
08-15-2008, 05:48 PM
do you have a link?

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 05:48 PM
John McCain needs to become more knowledgeable about foreign affairs before making stupid statements.
On two different occasions, McCain has referred to Russia's dealings with Czechoslovakia. Overlooking the fact that Czechoslovakia hasn't existed for 15 years. It is split into two independent nations.

*waits for spin*

I agree, McCain better brush up on everything that the whimps on the left could possibly call him on, meanwhile they are more than happy to ignore the idiocy that comes out of their messiah's mouth....... visited 57 states so far with 1 left to go...... couldn't go to Alaska or Hawaii, his staff wouldn't let him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

He seems so Presidential, he was only off by 10 states, that's no big deal.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Kathianne
08-15-2008, 06:15 PM
There's many things I disagree with McCain on, foreign policy isn't one of them. He was right on the surge. He was right in his response to Georgia. He was right to renew relations with Vietnam.

gabosaurus
08-15-2008, 10:03 PM
That's right, totally brush off the original question. :rolleyes:

In every campaign - spin, spin, spin
No rhyme or reason - spin, spin, spin
Make everyone forget the original point

Yurt
08-15-2008, 10:10 PM

do you have a link? :poke:

i would like to see exactly what he said, why is this so difficult for you?

Kathianne
08-15-2008, 10:18 PM

Original post:

*waits for spin*Where's the original question?

gabosaurus
08-15-2008, 10:24 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/07/15/1200003.aspx

For the second time in two days, McCain has made a reference to "Czechoslovakia." His answers were about contemporary events, not history. McCain did not use the current name Czech Republic, the country formed in January 1993 when Czechoslovakia split into the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

The first instance was yesterday during a media news availability and the second today during a town hall meeting.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/07/14/note-to-mccain-czechoslovakia-doesnt-exist-anymore/

It wasn't discussed on Fox News or mentioned by Limbaugh. That is probably why so many of you are unaware of it.

Kathianne
08-15-2008, 10:34 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/07/15/1200003.aspx

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/07/14/note-to-mccain-czechoslovakia-doesnt-exist-anymore/

It wasn't discussed on Fox News or mentioned by Limbaugh. That is probably why so many of you are unaware of it.

Has nothing to do with anything of import. Same as Obama's 57 states or GW's not being able to put countries and capitals together. Says zip.

Yurt
08-15-2008, 10:48 PM
so when mccain makes a guffaw, it is bad, but when obama makes a guffaw republicans are losers for pointing it out and are making something out of nothing...real fair there gabs

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 10:50 PM

Quick Gabby, how many states in the United States? 57? 59? 60? How many red and white stripes on the United States flag? How many stars?

retiredman
08-15-2008, 10:56 PM
the overwhelming preponderance of conservatives on this board laughed about 547 states for days and days.... what goes around, comes around.

McCain acts like he's a real foreign policy stud especially about Georgia and he can't even pronounce the name of the president.... he has to have Joe Lieberman explain to him the difference between sunnis and shiites.... he thinks that Czechoslovakia still exists, and he admits he doesn't know very much about the economy.

If none of these things are big deals, I'll agree never to post in a thread about any more of McCain's similar gaffes, if the right on here agrees to not post any of the similarly inconsequential gaffes of Obama.

Who's onboard?

Yurt
08-15-2008, 11:11 PM
the overwhelming preponderance of conservatives on this board laughed about 547 states for days and days.... what goes around, comes around.

McCain acts like he's a real foreign policy stud especially about Georgia and he can't even pronounce the name of the president.... he has to have Joe Lieberman explain to him the difference between sunnis and shiites.... he thinks that Czechoslovakia still exists, and he admits he doesn't know very much about the economy.

If none of these things are big deals, I'll agree never to post in a thread about any more of McCain's similar gaffes, if the right on here agrees to not post any of the similarly inconsequential gaffes of Obama.

Who's onboard?

hypocrite...

so when mccain makes a guffaw, it is bad, but when obama makes a guffaw republicans are losers for pointing it out and are making something out of nothing...real fair there gabs

Kathianne
08-15-2008, 11:22 PM

Who's onboard?Hello??? We just were equating the gaffes. Slow pick up there.

Sitarro
08-15-2008, 11:34 PM

Who's onboard?

So you think there are 547 states? Wow, now I understand your love for a dolt like Obama.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: I guess, to you, he must be a genius.

retiredman
08-15-2008, 11:37 PM
So you think there are 547 states? Wow, now I understand your love for a dolt like Obama.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: I guess, to you, he must be a genius.

funny. it was a typo, my fat fingers hit the 5 and the 4 simultaneously.

now quit dodging my point, you fucking loser.

Sitarro
08-16-2008, 12:53 AM

You talkin ta me??? You have a point? Since when? :laugh2:

I love the fact that you felt a need to explain your "typo", so did you mean that we have 54 states? That's getting closer, maybe if you count Guam, Puerto Rico, D.C. and the Virgin Islands as states.:laugh2::laugh2:

retiredman
08-16-2008, 06:25 AM
You talkin ta me??? You have a point? Since when?

I love the fact that you felt a need to explain your "typo", so did you mean that we have 54 states? That's getting closer, maybe if you count Guam, Puerto Rico, D.C. and the Virgin Islands as states.

so... when you wanna quit tap dancing, let me know.

Until then: Obama makes a gaffe and the republicans are all over it like stink on shit for days on end, and then they claim that gaffes are irrelevant when one of the few lefties bring up McCain's gaffes. fucking hypocrite.

Psychoblues
08-16-2008, 06:32 AM
mfm, zero is a jammer wannabe and he has some dancin' in his feet that he can't seem to shake off.

Until then: Obama makes a gaffe and the republicans are all over it like stink on shit for days on end, and then they claim that gaffes are irrelevant when one of the few lefties bring up McCain's gaffes. fucking hypocrite.

What you say is exactly true. It has been proven time and time again. Thanks for your perseverance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
08-16-2008, 08:48 AM

You constantly point out typos others make, but are over sensitive when it is done to you

Your double standards and child like mentality is showing thru again

Sitarro
08-16-2008, 12:39 PM

I thought the Messiah didn't make mistakes, especially such a ridiculous one as telling all of the kids in our country that the idiot, semi black/white clown running for President, doesn't know what all of them learned in preschool, that there are 50 states, each unique, each very different. How could a Harvard Grad, Harvard Law Review head, assistant law prof, community organizer, State Senator, U.S. Senator and Presidential contender get such a basic thing so horribly wrong? We aren't talking about not knowing the name of some leader of a obscure country a world away....... this is our country. As stupid as the man on the street is, most would know how many states there are. This clown has visited them all and can't count even.

McCain on the other hand is 71 years old, has fought in war, has flown jet aircraft, bailed out or escaped from 4 aircraft that were in serious trouble, was a POW for 5 years, actually worked as a businessman before becoming a Representative then a U.S. Senator, has survived cancer and yet would no doubt know how many states we have in our country.

The fact is, McCain has taken shits with more life experience than that skinny faggot Obama and he knows more about our own country too.:laugh2:

Yurt
08-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Obama commits Holocaust gaffe
Claims 'uncle' liberated Auschwitz, but Soviet troops freed Nazi camp

hmmmm, dems cry bloody foul murder when repubs point out guffaws of their cult leader, but then when they point out guffaws of a republican and we say...ok, your point? they again cry foul.

:laugh2:

cry babies

retiredman
08-16-2008, 02:51 PM
I thought the Messiah didn't make mistakes, especially such a ridiculous one as telling all of the kids in our country that the idiot, semi black/white clown running for President, doesn't know what all of them learned in preschool, that there are 50 states, each unique, each very different. How could a Harvard Grad, Harvard Law Review head, assistant law prof, community organizer, State Senator, U.S. Senator and Presidential contender get such a basic thing so horribly wrong? We aren't talking about not knowing the name of some leader of a obscure country a world away....... this is our country. As stupid as the man on the street is, most would know how many states there are. This clown has visited them all and can't count even.

McCain on the other hand is 71 years old, has fought in war, has flown jet aircraft, bailed out or escaped from 4 aircraft that were in serious trouble, was a POW for 5 years, actually worked as a businessman before becoming a Representative then a U.S. Senator, has survived cancer and yet would no doubt know how many states we have in our country.

The fact is, McCain has taken shits with more life experience than that skinny faggot Obama and he knows more about our own country too.:laugh2:

the fact remains. clearly Obama knows how many states there are - he made a verbal gaffe. Clearly, McCain was unaware of the non-existence of Czechoslovakia... Clearly, McCain did not know the difference between sunnis and shiites... those are not misstatements, those are errors which highlight his ignorance.

emmett
08-16-2008, 04:01 PM

Preacher....PREACHER!!! There you go again! Preacher, is there anyone in you congregation who may able to counsel you on your behavior. You cursing is becoming a problem I believe. You don't seem to be able to conduct a debate without resorting to it.

I'll make you a deal. Since you seem to always be preferring to make some sort of deal when debating. Here's one for you. If you can go 30 days without typing out a cussword when directly speaking to somebody I will do the same thing. How's that?

I want to thank you though because seeing your behavior has allowed me to see the ill ways in my own. It shouldn't be any different for a preacher, a man of the cloth, than it is for me. I mean you have the GOD given right, I think, to call your fellow man.......fuckers, idiots and fools as you have consistantly done on more than 300 posts (go count em). You have referred to one member of this board as a "fucking loser" so many times one would wonder if you were not necessarily practicing behavior defined in 2nd Corinthians.......oh excuse me, you are an ordaned minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ, what I am doing trying to tell you something about what may be written in the bible. You already know that your behavior is in DIRECT conflict to god like behavior and that directly conflicts with your claim to be a minister.

You ought to be absolutely ashamed of yourself. Now go ahead and cuss me and tell me how it is OK for you to act the way you do. Advise me on why the rules are different for you sir than they are for other men of the cloth. Sort of like the liberals you so starnchly support, the rules should be different for them too huh?

No cussing. First one to cuss accepts voluntarily 30 day ban! Deal, Mr Dealmaker? Beginning now as soon as you reply and agree, IF.....you have it in you Brother!

retiredman
08-16-2008, 04:04 PM
no deal. and I am not ordained. I am a licensed minister with the UCC.
p.s. and I would NEVER go back and count the number of times I used the word "fuck" on an internet political message board. The mere fact that you supposedly DID do just that is very weird and kinda creepy.:lol:

red states rule
08-16-2008, 04:09 PM
p.s. and I would NEVER go back and count the number of times I used the word "fuck" on an internet political message board. The mere fact that you supposedly DID do just that is very weird and kinda creepy.:lol:

Yep, a white version of Wright

emmett
08-16-2008, 05:00 PM

I didn't count sir! I just estimated. I will say that you calling ME wierd and creepy is entertaining though. Sort of like a pimp telling one of his whore's that she is unethical. :laugh2:

You are RSR are actually very entertaining to me. I enjoy watching you too jockeying to try and put the other down so intensely. In a non biused view, I must say you need to work on your stamina however as while you come out strong and have landed some good shots to him on occasion by the time a fourth or fifth post is exchanged he begins to "eat your lunch".

Just an observation on my part. Now understand, I have no bius in this as I have had my disagreements with RSR myself on everything from our choice of president to other issues but I must say I have never found myself cussing him, calling him names or any of that. The opposite is likewise. This can be accomplished by the simplest of people, it only seems that when you attempt to debate with anyone you disagree with, you are incapable of doing so without cussing them, namecalling and the like.

For instance, I have been on this board for a while, I differ in basic philosophy from almost everyone in that I am a Libertarian American and that of course is not popular with most members of this board or any other. I can however manage to engage in debate with folks who completely disagree with me and we never call each other names or cuss one another. I guess when you add a bad ingrediant to the soup (YOU), the soup begins to taste stained.

Frankly, I find you appalling. You are the only other person other than Gabasaurus who has managed to push my buttons. I believe you to be coward, a liar and a fool but I refrain from cussing you as it wouldn't be prudent considering the big fuss i have made about you doing it so often to others.

You are not a licensed preacher! I am accusing you of telling a big fib about that! If you are, prove it. Stop your filthy mouth talk and practice a little more of the behavior that I'm sure you know you are suppose to encourage.

red states rule
08-16-2008, 05:13 PM
I didn't count sir! I just estimated. I will say that you calling ME wierd and creepy is entertaining though. Sort of like a pimp telling one of his whore's that she is unethical. :laugh2:

You are RSR are actually very entertaining to me. I enjoy watching you too jockeying to try and put the other down so intensely. In a non biused view, I must say you need to work on your stamina however as while you come out strong and have landed some good shots to him on occasion by the time a fourth or fifth post is exchanged he begins to "eat your lunch".

Just an observation on my part. Now understand, I have no bius in this as I have had my disagreements with RSR myself on everything from our choice of president to other issues but I must say I have never found myself cussing him, calling him names or any of that. The opposite is likewise. This can be accomplished by the simplest of people, it only seems that when you attempt to debate with anyone you disagree with, you are incapable of doing so without cussing them, namecalling and the like.

For instance, I have been on this board for a while, I differ in basic philosophy from almost everyone in that I am a Libertarian American and that of course is not popular with most members of this board or any other. I can however manage to engage in debate with folks who completely disagree with me and we never call each other names or cuss one another. I guess when you add a bad ingrediant to the soup (YOU), the soup begins to taste stained.

Frankly, I find you appalling. You are the only other person other than Gabasaurus who has managed to push my buttons. I believe you to be coward, a liar and a fool but I refrain from cussing you as it wouldn't be prudent considering the big fuss i have made about you doing it so often to others.

You are not a licensed preacher! I am accusing you of telling a big fib about that! If you are, prove it. Stop your filthy mouth talk and practice a little more of the behavior that I'm sure you know you are suppose to encourage.

MFM has battle fatigue, claims to have me on ignore for now, as he licks his wounds

emmett
08-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Maybe you should let up on him a bit and be more sensative to his needs!

red states rule
08-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Maybe you should let up on him a bit and be more sensative to his needs!

More sensative to his needs?

He is here for one reason and one reason only. To flame and attack

retiredman
08-16-2008, 09:37 PM

Fuck you. You calling me a coward and a liar is more insulting to me than any cuss word you could possibly use. I have no intention, or desire to prove any fucking thing to you. You don't have a fucking clue who I am.... I do. I prove my preacher status by the work I do with my flock. You have no intention of being a member of my flock, and, therefore, I am content to treat you as an internet enemy who stands in opposition to all the things that I believe Christ asked us to do. Ask yourself this question: when Christ threw the moneychangers out of the temple, do you honestly think he did so by saying "Gosh, could you guys please not defame God's temple like this, pretty please?" or do you think he may have, instead, said, "Hey... assholes... get the Hell outta here!" ???

I don't think that using salty language learned during a 25 year naval career puts me outside of the envelope of God's grace. He knows my heart and He knows that I try to do the REAL work of his gospel each and every day....

from my perspective, you are nothing but a pious hypocritical pharisee.

so either accept Jesus as your personal savior or go fuck off. I care, but, on my list of priorities in life, I really don't care that much.

Yurt
08-16-2008, 09:44 PM

don't worry emmet, that is his favorite line....uses it on me all the time. i would tell you not to sweat this asshole, but that would make me a hypocrite, so enjoy, but don't forget, assholes stink.

so either accept Jesus as your personal savior or go fuck off. I care, but, on my list of priorities in life, I really don't care that much.

anyone who thinks this joker is a preacher has to only look at this one sentence to know mfm is a liar.

Shadow
08-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Fuck you. You calling me a coward and a liar is more insulting to me than any cuss word you could possibly use. I have no intention, or desire to prove any fucking thing to you. You don't have a fucking clue who I am.... I do. I prove my preacher status by the work I do with my flock. You have no intention of being a member of my flock, and, therefore, I am content to treat you as an internet enemy who stands in opposition to all the things that I believe Christ asked us to do. Ask yourself this question: when Christ threw the moneychangers out of the temple, do you honestly think he did so by saying "Gosh, could you guys please not defame God's temple like this, pretty please?" or do you think he may have, instead, said, "Hey... assholes... get the Hell outta here!" ???

I don't think that using salty language learned during a 25 year naval career puts me outside of the envelope of God's grace. He knows my heart and He knows that I try to do the REAL work of his gospel each and every day....

Is that how you witness to unsaved folks your trying to lead to Christ? Accept Jesus or fuck off? I defininately think the Lord would approve....NOT.

Yurt
08-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Is that how you witness to unsaved folks your trying to lead to Christ? Accept Jesus or fuck off? I defininately think the Lord would approve....NOT.

he is not a preacher

retiredman
08-16-2008, 10:02 PM

I realize my own limitations. I am a sinner... I can, and do, make an impact on people's lives, but not really very effectively here on the internet. I don't pretend to try to be effective at saving souls in this venue. I do my best work one on one, face to face.

Yurt
08-16-2008, 10:09 PM
I realize my own limitations. I am a sinner... I can, and do, make an impact on people's lives, but not really very effectively here on the internet. I don't pretend to try to be effective at saving souls in this venue. I do my best work one on one, face to face.

as if the Lord sends you forth in "venues"

you suck

as if the Lord said: thus sayeth the Lord, thine INTERNET shall not count, say what thy will, I careth NOT.

Shadow
08-16-2008, 10:09 PM

Whatever. You should walk the walk all the time or not at all. You are after all on the internet/on this very message board no less, telling people you represent Christ. Somehow I doubt he appreciates your indorsement when you are acting like a raving jackass all the while using him as a crutch when it suits you. Talk about a hypocrit.

Yurt
08-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Whatever. You should walk the walk all the time or not at all. You are after all on the internet/on this very message board no less, telling people you represent Christ. Somehow I doubt he appreciates your indorsement when you are acting like a raving jackass all the while using him as a crutch when it suits you. Talk about a hypocrit.

exactly...same post time:

as if the Lord sends you forth in "venues"

you suck

as if the Lord said: thus sayeth the Lord, thine INTERNET shall not count, say what thy will, I careth NOT.

retiredman
08-16-2008, 10:19 PM

I never tell people I "represent Christ". I merely state that I am a humble preacher who tries to illuminate the word of Christ every Sunday, and every other day in my face to face dealings with people. And I would NEVER presume to suppose I knew what he appreciated or didn't.

Shadow
08-16-2008, 10:36 PM
I never tell people I "represent Christ". I merely state that I am a humble preacher who tries to illuminate the word of Christ every Sunday, and every other day in my face to face dealings with people. And I would NEVER presume to suppose I knew what he appreciated or didn't.

Riiiight. You just told the world that saving folks (ie leading them to Christ) was not on your "list" of important priorities in life. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what Christ thinks of that little diddy. Or the fact that you are his messenger...but only on Sunday's,or twice a week...that is if your not on the internet.

You such a liar:lame2:

retiredman
08-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Riiiight. You just told the world that saving folks (ie leading them to Christ) was not on your "list" of important priorities in life. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what Christ thinks of that little diddy. Or the fact that you are his messenger...but only on Sunday's,or twice a week...that is if your not on the internet.

You such a liar:lame2:

I know my limitations. some of you assholes are beyond MY reach!:lol:

manu1959
08-16-2008, 10:48 PM
yet another thread derailed by the liar.........

retiredman
08-17-2008, 06:55 AM
I am all for returning this discussion to the gaffes of McCain.

red states rule
08-17-2008, 08:03 AM

You only illuminate the word of Christ for a few minutes every Sunday. Period.

red states rule
08-17-2008, 08:04 AM

You are the poster child for Obama's Church and Mr Wright

red states rule
08-17-2008, 08:40 AM
yet another thread derailed by the liar.........

Situation normal Manu