PDA

View Full Version : New Electric Car Coming From Fosh Automotive In 3 Days?

Psychoblues
08-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Now, this sounds interesting!!!!!!!!! Self regenerating batteries!!!!!!! Sexy lines!!!!!!! Practical operation!!!!!!! Under $25,000!!!!!!!! Very interesting!!!!!!

These days, radical claims concerning new alternative and green vehicles are flying rampant, with Shelby Supercars, Ronn Motors and now Fosh Automotive all making semi-announcements. Fosh Automotive? Yeah, we hadn't hear of them either before now, but they are making some outrageous claims on their website. To wit:

"In our pursuit to completely reinvent the auto industry, we are going to make one hell of a run at making the world a better place. Can we give you a little hint? Well, our lawyers have given us specific guidelines in which we must not deviate from. Off the record: It could be the first unlimited mileage, electric car. This said car might have a revolutionary, self-regenerating battery system. This car would have some of the sexiest curves and doesn't resemble any electric car you have ever seen. Oh, and best of all, what would you say if you could buy this car for under $25,000?"

Any time a brand-new company claims it will reinvent the auto industry, eyes roll. After all, it takes years of development and tons of money just to get a single new car off the ground. We suspect that the company has some new technology to deliver, and an internet search provides a few possible hints. For instance, PetroZero quotes a company source as saying, "There are solar type panels throughout (none visible) the car, that will turn heat into energy.".............

More: http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/08/15/new-electric-car-coming-from-fosh-automotive-in-three-days

If I Had A Horse: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

emmett
08-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Now, this sounds interesting!!!!!!!!! Self regenerating batteries!!!!!!! Sexy lines!!!!!!! Practical operation!!!!!!! Under $25,000!!!!!!!! Very interesting!!!!!!

These days, radical claims concerning new alternative and green vehicles are flying rampant, with Shelby Supercars, Ronn Motors and now Fosh Automotive all making semi-announcements. Fosh Automotive? Yeah, we hadn't hear of them either before now, but they are making some outrageous claims on their website. To wit:

"In our pursuit to completely reinvent the auto industry, we are going to make one hell of a run at making the world a better place. Can we give you a little hint? Well, our lawyers have given us specific guidelines in which we must not deviate from. Off the record: It could be the first unlimited mileage, electric car. This said car might have a revolutionary, self-regenerating battery system. This car would have some of the sexiest curves and doesn't resemble any electric car you have ever seen. Oh, and best of all, what would you say if you could buy this car for under $25,000?"

Any time a brand-new company claims it will reinvent the auto industry, eyes roll. After all, it takes years of development and tons of money just to get a single new car off the ground. We suspect that the company has some new technology to deliver, and an internet search provides a few possible hints. For instance, PetroZero quotes a company source as saying, "There are solar type panels throughout (none visible) the car, that will turn heat into energy.".............

More: http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/08/15/new-electric-car-coming-from-fosh-automotive-in-three-days

I'll stick with my 1995 Ford F-350 4X4, with 7.3 litre Intl Diesel Power Stroke with 33" mudgripper tires that are usually underinflated a wee bit, that blows our a harmful mix of carbon dioxide filled with unburned particulate matter and gets 8 mpg. It pulls anything, crawls in and out rivers, climbs mountains, rides great, has over 300,000 miles and I love it!!!!

Sitarro
08-16-2008, 05:45 PM
I'll stick with my 1995 Ford F-350 4X4, with 7.3 litre Intl Diesel Power Stroke with 33" mudgripper tires that are usually underinflated a wee bit, that blows our a harmful mix of carbon dioxide filled with unburned particulate matter and gets 8 mpg. It pulls anything, crawls in and out rivers, climbs mountains, rides great, has over 300,000 miles and I love it!!!!

Now that is a truck, standard 4 speed?

Missileman
08-16-2008, 05:47 PM

Full Of SHit :laugh2:

Psychoblues
08-17-2008, 01:32 PM
So, you don't care how much you pollute the air that other people expect to breath safely? Typical libertarian selfish attitude, IMHO.

On the other hand, I have owned or driven a couple rigs similar to the one you say that you drive. With that 7.3 powerstroke you should be achieving approximately 18 to 22 mpg even loaded. I would have that rig in the shop as quickly as possible.

8 mpg is a figure more descriptive of the gas rigs of that size and gear.

Hit it, Roy, Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again::salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::sal ute:

stephanie
08-17-2008, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=Psychoblues;285366]So, you don't care how much you pollute the air that other people expect to breath safely? Typical libertarian selfish attitude, IMHO.QUOTE]

so I guess when you go do your drag racing events, they do not SPEW smoke from their tailpipes??

what a jokester..:poke::laugh2:

emmett
08-17-2008, 02:10 PM
aH.........pSYCHO! Your reply?

manu1959
08-17-2008, 03:41 PM
well it is day three...........wo ist das auto.....

Psychoblues
08-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Reply to what, emmie?

aH.........pSYCHO! Your reply?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

MtnBiker
08-17-2008, 06:08 PM
well it is day three...........wo ist das auto.....

It's no where, surprised?

I didn't think so.

Psychoblues
08-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Man, you cats take things so damned literally?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!? What's up with that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Can I Get A Witness: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Psychoblues
08-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Speaking of literal, did any of you notice the title of the thread is a question rather than a statement?

Some of you are just plain :lame2:.

Nukeman
08-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Well psyco their site says they aren't going to release anY video untill the 25th of Aug. Looks like they are puttinG everyone off again.

I also like the fact that they are using OLD style batteries to power this "NEW" type of car

Our first goal was to create a super light, but safe vehicle. We started by having a carbon composite chassis built and then we finished up by having the body panels built with large amounts of aluminum and more carbon composites. Our efforts have paid off as the EVT-3 has a curb weight of just 1964 pounds.

We then turned our attention to designing the most efficient AC motor that we possibly could. The motor came out better than we could have ever dreamt. It weighs in at 98 pounds, generates 195 HP, and best of all, has a top efficiency of 99 percent. What are we saying? We have a light, but powerful motor, and it delivers top performance.

Now on to the hard part: The battery. We spared no expense in creating our battery pack, it is one of the most important components to the EVT-3. Traditional lead-acid batteries are heavy, have a limited capacity, and have a very short shelf life. So, we opted to create our battery pack from NiHM batteries. This alone would have set the EVT-3 apart from every other EV on the road or in the works, but we didn't want to stop there. We wanted to create a vehicle that you didn't have to plug in all the time, basically we wanted a vehicle that you could just get in and drive. Nanoantennas came to our rescue. Our double-sided nanoantennas target mid-infrared rays and don't need visible light like traditional solar cells do. The EVT-3 also utilizes regenerative braking and does offer a plug-in option, for abnormal and emergency situations. Basically, we have created a car that will continue to collect and convert energy to constantly charge your battery pack.

NiMH batteries are not expensive, and the voltage and performance is similar to standard alkaline batteries in those sizes; they can be substituted for most purposes. The ability to recharge hundreds of times can save a lot of money and resources.

So they spared NO EXPENSE in the batteries??????

manu1959
08-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Man, you cats take things so damned literally?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!? What's up with that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

pick differnt words if you don't like the responses..........

Psychoblues
09-15-2008, 12:59 AM
Just exactly what words have I used that are fuckin' up your feeble mind, m'59?

pick differnt words if you don't like the responses..........

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute: