PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about gaffes then

gabosaurus
08-16-2008, 01:37 AM
And who might be losing what few mental facilities that they left.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/22/politics/politico/main4281173.shtml

Just in the past three weeks, McCain has mixed up Iraq and Afghanistan, Somalia and Sudan, and even football’s Packers and Steelers...

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/08/mccain-voluntee.html

Sen. John McCain, R-Az., perhaps unknowingly, volunteered his wife for a beauty pageant on Monday that often features contestants topless -- and, occasionally, without any decency -- at the Sturgis, South Dakota, motorcycle rally.

"I was looking at the Sturgis schedule, and noticed that you had a beauty pageant, so I encouraged Cindy to compete," McCain told an audience at the rally. "I told her [that] with a little luck, she could be the only woman to serve as both the First Lady and Miss Buffalo Chip."

Psychoblues
08-16-2008, 01:45 AM
You ought to be ashamed, gabby!!!!!! Pickin' on that old man!!!!!!!!!!! He was a War Hero, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! He certainly has my respect!!!!! But, He certainly won't be getting any vote from me. I could've done it 2000. 8 years is a long time when you get his age!!!!!! Can you dig it?

Hit it, Randy, On The Other Hand: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Kathianne
08-16-2008, 01:49 AM
And Obama is in his 40's, his excuse?

Why did he end up after 3 tries, where McCain started regarding Georgia?

Why did he end up on the same page regarding Iraq, while couching it with some nuance?

Why did he end up not only agreeing with McCain regarding drilling, but getting Pelosi to go along?

Seriously folks, you need to find some issues.

Psychoblues
08-16-2008, 01:57 AM
Obviously the nuances are just breaking your heart, kitty. I wish you had been so tore up about them for the last 8 years.

And Obama is in his 40's, his excuse?
Why did he end up after 3 tries, where McCain started regarding Georgia?
Why did he end up on the same page regarding Iraq, while couching it with some nuance?
Why did he end up not only agreeing with McCain regarding drilling, but getting Pelosi to go along?
Seriously folks, you need to find some issues.

What did I tell you about chaos and not being certain in my Lounge poem, kitty?

I Like It, I Love It, I Want Some More Of It: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Psychoblues
08-16-2008, 02:14 AM
BTW, isn't this the same conversation that you started here in this forum, gabby:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=16880

Did you get tired of that thread and start a new one for the same purpose or did you you just forget?!?!?!??!??????!

Hit it, Lefty, Don't Be Angry, With Me Darlin': :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Yurt
08-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Obama commits Holocaust gaffe
Claims 'uncle' liberated Auschwitz, but Soviet troops freed Nazi camp

do you really want to play this game?

Sitarro
08-16-2008, 12:47 PM
And who might be losing what few mental facilities that they left.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/07/22/politics/politico/main4281173.shtml

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/08/mccain-voluntee.html

I love it when a young, "know it all" like you, leaves out key words in the sentence that she is accusing another of being old and feeble. You never did answer me...... quick, how many states in the United States??? Obama says 60!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

gabosaurus
08-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Basically, you are all harping on perhaps two or three misstatements by Obama.
Compared to, how many by McCain? How about 10 -- in one week!!
If the U.S. elects McCain, he will end up being the second cabbage to occupy the Oval Office. And I doubt Cindy McCain will be as good of a President as Nancy Reagan.

http://www.alternet.org/election08/91245/10_mccain_gaffes_from_this_week_that_should_have_d amaged_his_chances/?page=entire

Dilloduck
08-17-2008, 12:01 AM
If the U.S. elects McCain, he will end up being the second cabbage to occupy the Oval Office. And I doubt Cindy McCain will be as good of a President as Nancy Reagan.

http://www.alternet.org/election08/91245/10_mccain_gaffes_from_this_week_that_should_have_d amaged_his_chances/?page=entire

yo gabs--how's your hammer hanging ?

stephanie
08-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Gabs, speaking of Nancy Reagan....how old were you when Reagan was in office??

where you even a twinkle in your parents eyes yet.:poke::laugh2:

08-17-2008, 01:24 AM

2 or 3? Talk about having your head in the sand on t his one. lol.

emmett
08-17-2008, 02:30 AM
LOL:lol:

BOTH candidates have flip flopped all over the place. Obama is clueless and McCain DOES seem to be showing signs of age that didn't appear even a year ago.

Folks, we really ought to be giving a little more thought to going Libartarian. I mean Bob Barr is so much more "qualified" to be president than either of these guys it is sickening.

Watching the board members even here on the board, FLIP FLOP when it applies to Mccain is entertaining. Amusing indeed! Don't make me go back and pull up your old posts!

God Bless John McCain but he is losing it! He is a liberal and everybody knows it. He won the nomination because of too many candidates and certainly does not represent the mainstream republican. He is the lesser of evils choice for them.

Obama is already the Messiah so he can bless himself but he is absolutely clueless about how to run a government. He certainly has no qualifications to be CAC (no military service) and his Flip Flopping proves he is a panzy poll watcher.

Bob Barr is solid as a rock. His qualifications are obvious, his experience in foriegn affairs superior. Maybe his philosphy as a whole has "evolved" somewhat over the past several years but hardly would be flip flop since he has stood by what decisions to change his views, he has made.

I rather think an election between Bob Barr and John McCain for the Republican nomination would find Bob Barr the candidate. If every Republican simply went in and voted Libertarian we would be in way better shape than to elect JM.

I'm just as certain that Bob Barr would stand a better chance of defeating Barrack Obama if he were the Republican nominee.

Hmmm!@!! Interesting prospective huh?

Gaffer
08-17-2008, 09:58 AM
McCain's age does bother me. However, if he selects a good conservative running mate I think he can overcome the age thing. I'm favoring Jindal right now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Barr an isolationist?

Kathianne
08-17-2008, 09:59 AM
McCain's age does bother me. However, if he selects a good conservative running mate I think he can overcome the age thing. I'm favoring Jindal right now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Barr an isolationist?

Sure is, of the stripe of Pat Buchanan.

Gaffer
08-17-2008, 10:14 AM

Yeah I was thinking of him as a buchanan wannabe. He needs to run for president every four years for the next 30 years to achieve buchanans status.

Kathianne
08-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah I was thinking of him as a buchanan wannabe. He needs to run for president every four years for the next 30 years to achieve buchanans status.

He was strong on the war on drugs. He voted for the Patriot Act. He co-sponsored the Defense of Marriage Act.

Whether or not one agrees with the above, they are not 'Libertarian' views.

OCA
08-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Don't you guys get it? Neither of these two idiots can wipe their own ass much less hold the most powerful position in the world.

Doesn't this stuff scare any of you at all?

Gaffer
08-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Don't you guys get it? Neither of these two idiots can wipe their own ass much less hold the most powerful position in the world.

Doesn't this stuff scare any of you at all?

obamanation scares me a lot more than Mccain.

emmett
08-17-2008, 03:27 PM

Please explain that to me! I don't understand it.

Kathianne
08-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Please explain that to me! I don't understand it.

Sorry, I'm not giving lessons on Buchanan, way to involved. He's been around since the 70's and getting more complex and convoluted as time goes along. He's written scads of articles and a couple books.

Psychoblues
08-17-2008, 03:56 PM
I know you're not asking but lemme help you out a bit on this issue, kitty!!!!!

Sorry, I'm not giving lessons on Buchanan, way to involved. He's been around since the 70's and getting more complex and convoluted as time goes along. He's written scads of articles and a couple books.

Bob Barr, like Pat Buchanan, is a small government, ego driven, isolationist and 3rd party candidate that serves to spoil the political processes simply because he thinks his opinions trump the overall good of the nation. Wasn't he, also like Pat Buchanan, once a dyed in the wool Republican?!?!??!??!!?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Kathianne
08-17-2008, 03:59 PM

Bob Barr, like Pat Buchanan, is a small government, ego driven, isolationist and 3rd party candidate that serves to spoil the political processes simply because he thinks his opinions trump the overall good of the nation. Wasn't he, also like Pat Buchanan, once a dyed in the wool Republican?!?!??!??!!?

Close, 'far right dyed in the wool Republican', now trying to pass himself off as Libertarian. *sigh*

Psychoblues
08-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Thank you for the correction, kitty, as I certainly didn't intend to intimate otherwise!!!!!!!

Close, 'far right dyed in the wool Republican', now trying to pass himself off as Libertarian. *sigh*

Now, if the jerk Ralph Nader would just his unjustified and unwelcome ego under control!!!!!!!!

Hit it Easy Rider, Roll Another One, Just Like The Other One: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

No1tovote4
08-17-2008, 05:39 PM

Bob Barr is a Nanny State Republican who wants his religion to be the standard for law in this nation. He is no libertarian. Nor are Libertarians "isolationist". That is pretty silly, they believe in open borders, actual open borders.

Kathianne
08-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Bob Barr is a Nanny State Republican who wants his religion to be the standard for law in this nation. He is no libertarian. Nor are Libertarians "isolationist". That is pretty silly, they believe in open borders, actual open borders.

We agree way too much! :cheers2:

Psychoblues
08-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Like kitty said, I can't find much to disagree with you about on this issue, n1t4 except that Bob Barr calls himself a Libertarian and he is certainly the Libertarian candidate for POTUS.

If I am mistaken, please give me the information that I need to correct my mistake. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

If I were Roy Rogers, I'd sure 'nuff be single
I couldn't bring myself to marryin' no Dale
It'd just be me and Trigger, we'd go ridin' through them movies
Then I'd buy a boat and on the sea we'd sail,,,,,,,,,,Lyle Lovett

OCA
08-18-2008, 02:23 PM
obamanation scares me a lot more than Mccain.

Gaffer........we should expect more. If these two are the best the country can produce then God help us.

08-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Gaffer........we should expect more. If these two are the best the country can produce then God help us.

Sorry, I can't run for another two terms.:)