PDA

View Full Version : Rep.: Half of House Dems may vote Hillary at DNC

red states rule
08-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Yep, Obama is bringing the Dem party together. Just like he will bring America together

Rep.: Half of House Dems may vote Hillary at DNC
By AMIE PARNES & BEN SMITH | 8/15/08 5:58 PM EST

Rep. Loretta Sanchez says she’s happy for the chance to vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton at the Democratic National Convention — and she predicts that as many as half of the Democrats in the House could join her.

Just how many former Clinton supporters will vote for the former first lady during the symbolic first ballot is anybody’s guess, but each of them will be called upon to do so — whether they want to or not.

On Friday, the Obama campaign confirmed that the floor vote in Denver, intended to assuage Clinton supporters still stewing over her narrow loss, will be conducted as a state-by-state roll call. Under proposed convention bylaws, delegates would be forced to register their votes on a tally sheet with the convention secretary — the rules could be altered or suspended before the start of the convention.

“By putting her name in nomination, you're putting people on the spot,” said former delegate counter Matt Seyfang, adding a second potential drawback: “Having a roll call ... just chews into your broadcast time.”

Lower-key options were available. For example, Clinton’s name could have been entered into nomination, followed by laudatory speeches, ending with her release of delegates to Obama and proposal that he be nomination by acclamation, Seyfang said.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12565.html

PostmodernProphet
08-16-2008, 02:28 PM
I can picture it now.....Tueday night Hillary speaks, Wednesday night Bill speaks, Thursday night is the vote.....I look for a mysterious scandal to be leaked about Obama around Wednesday noon.....just in time to panic the superdelegates into voting for Hillary.....

red states rule
08-16-2008, 02:30 PM
I can picture it now.....Tueday night Hillary speaks, Wednesday night Bill speaks, Thursday night is the vote.....I look for a mysterious scandal to be leaked about Obama around Wednesday noon.....just in time to panic the superdelegates into voting for Hillary.....

Michelle's "whitey" tape?

Yurt
08-16-2008, 09:54 PM
obama's cronies would not have allowed a vote for hillary unless he was guaranteed the win....

hilllary couldn't be bought, obviously oblaba has been, over and over

08-16-2008, 10:21 PM
obama's cronies would not have allowed a vote for hillary unless he was guaranteed the win....

hilllary couldn't be bought, obviously oblaba has been, over and over

I'm not so sure... we will see wont we?

Yurt
08-16-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm not so sure... we will see wont we?

yes. if you are betting man, i take gift cards to awesome east coast pizzerias and for the westcoast.....let's call it 3-1 odds :laugh2:

stephanie
08-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Here comes the Shrillery..:laugh2:

red states rule
08-17-2008, 07:56 AM
Here comes the Shrillery..:laugh2:

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/8/8/2/hillary_excited.jpg