PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Takes on the Left

red states rule
08-16-2008, 01:12 PM
The previews I have seen look great. There is so much to poke fun at when it comes the the left in Hollywood

David Zucker, the director who brought us 'Airplane!' and 'The Naked Gun,' turns his sights on anti-Americanism.
by Stephen F. Hayes
08/11/2008, Volume 013, Issue 45

snip

The set jumps to life. Two young men--both terrorists--enter the station. They are surprised to see a security checkpoint manned by two NYPD officers. "I'll need to see your bag, please," says one of the officers. The lead terrorist glances nervously at his friend and swings his backpack down from his shoulder to present it to the cops. Just as the officer pulls on the zipper, however, a small army of ACLU lawyers
marches up to the policemen with a stop-search order. The cops look at each other and shrug their shoulders. "This says we can't search their bags."

The young men are relieved. They smile fiendishly as they walk toward the crowded platform. As the lead terrorist once again slips the backpack over his shoulder, he mutters his appreciation.

"Thank Allah for the ACLU."

Zucker's latest movie, An American Carol, is unlike anything that has ever come out of Hollywood. It is a frontal attack on the excesses of the American left from several prominent members of a growing class of Hollywood conservatives. Until now, conservatives in Hollywood have always been too few and too worried about a backlash to do anything serious to challenge the left-wing status quo.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/385rlkfy.asp?pg=1

Abbey Marie
08-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Like so many of us, thinking logically and shedding the blinders, led him to a conservative mindset:

Zucker was still nominally a Democrat when George W. Bush was elected in 2000. "Then 9/11 happened, and I couldn't take it anymore," he says. "The response to 9/11--the right was saying this is pure evil we're facing and the left was saying how are we at fault for this? I think I'd just had enough. And I said 'I quit.'"

red states rule
08-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Like so many of us, thinking logically and shedding the blinders, led him to a conservative mindset:

just like Dennis Miller

Little-Acorn
08-16-2008, 06:45 PM
just like Dennis Miller

Just like that other well-known ex-Democrat, Ronald Wilson Somebody-or-other. He was all for the Democrat party when they were preaching strong defense, tax cuts, and just a little bit of temporary relief from hardship for the genuinely unfortunate. But as they started buying votes, giving unlimited welfare, exploding the budget, and sympathizing with extreme-left regimes in Russia and China, he saw no reason to make all the changes they were making in their agenda. He eventually decided, "I didn't leave the Democrat party. The Democrat party left me."

red states rule
08-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Just like that other well-known ex-Democrat, Ronald Wilson Somebody-or-other. He was all for the Democrat party when they were preaching strong defense, tax cuts, and just a little bit of temporary relief from hardship for the genuinely unfortunate. But as they started buying votes, giving unlimited welfare, exploding the budget, and sympathizing with extreme-left regimes in Russia and China, he saw no reason to make all the changes they were making in their agenda. He eventually decided, "I didn't leave the Democrat party. The Democrat party left me."

and Tammy Bruce. She was once the perfect female lib - now has moved to the right

Gaffer
08-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Caught the preview on O'Riley. He's slapping Moore along with two ghosts and moore says "Your a ghost too?" O'Riley say, "Nope I just like to slap you."

Looks like a really funny movie. Libs are gonna hate it.

Hobbit
08-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Let's not forget Jon Voight, who went from hippie to conservative and has now pretty much been blacklisted by Hollywood. He was on Glenn Beck the other night.

Shadow
08-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Uh oh... Michael Moore is going to have go on CNN and have another conipshit.

Maybe we will get one from our favorite windbag Kieth Olbermann also...fun stuff. I Love it when he turns all red faced with rage and speaks with big LOOONG menacing words! :coffee:

Joe Steel
08-17-2008, 05:39 AM

Logically and shedding the blinders?

That's funny.

Joe Steel
08-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Is there a Republicon, former Democrat or otherwise, who isn't a total loser?

I don't think so.

Some aren't as bad as others but, for the most part, those who aren't stupid and dishonest are just stupid.

PostmodernProphet
08-17-2008, 06:15 AM
it won't win an Oscar....Hollywood hasn't turned THAT much.....

red states rule
08-17-2008, 08:07 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3CYSGCoflAA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3CYSGCoflAA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Abbey Marie
08-17-2008, 08:47 AM
Logically and shedding the blinders?

That's funny.

Thanks, you've proved my point. :beer:

red states rule
08-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks, you've proved my point. :beer:

A movie Joe would happily go see

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/cwillow894/barryobama.jpg