PDA

View Full Version : What Is a Slut?

Nienna
03-12-2007, 09:11 AM
In today's moral climate, do people truly believe that women are equally respectable (to other women), no matter what sexual choices they make? I am asking what people TRULY FEEL, not what they think they SHOULD feel, about women and their sexual choices.

musicman
03-12-2007, 09:18 AM
What Is a Slut?

Twenty-five - just like downtown!

Sorry, Nienna - I couldn't resist. It's a great question; should make for quite a discussion.

I think I'll hang back for a bit, though. This is going to require some thought...

Dilloduck
03-12-2007, 09:26 AM
What Is a Slut?

Twenty-five - just like downtown!

Sorry, Nienna - I couldn't resist. It's a great question; should make for quite a discussion.

I think I'll hang back for a bit, though. This is going to require some thought...

agreed---off hand I'd say a slut is a woman who has multiple sex partners and uses sex for personal gain as well as pleasure.

Nienna
03-12-2007, 09:34 AM
LOL! Now, come on guys! How are we supposed to discuss this if no one will throw an opinion out there?

:D

Dilloduck
03-12-2007, 09:36 AM
LOL! Now, come on guys! How are we supposed to discuss this if no one will throw an opinion out there?

What am I ???? chopped liver ?????

Nienna
03-12-2007, 09:37 AM
agreed---off hand I'd say a slut is a woman who has multiple sex partners and uses sex for personal gain as well as pleasure.

so a woman who had sex only for pleasure would not be a slut, even if she had multiple sex partners?

Nienna
03-12-2007, 09:38 AM
What am I ???? chopped liver ?????

Well, you "agreed" with MM, so I thought you were not ready to advance a firm opinion on the subject. Sorry! :)

5stringJeff
03-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Looks like I voted with the "repeated no-strings sex" majority opinion.

Now, every time this comes up, the double standard of slutty women/"studly" men comes up. I'll be up front and say that, from a moral standpoint, extramarital sex is no more or less wrong based on your gender.

manu1959
03-12-2007, 09:40 AM
first off there are male sluts....

second sluts are people of either gender that have one night stand sex for fun with whoever whenever...

Dilloduck
03-12-2007, 09:42 AM
so a woman who had sex only for pleasure would not be a slut, even if she had multiple sex partners?

na--I still would consider her a slut. Same with a man.

musicman
03-12-2007, 09:43 AM
I went ahead and took #3. Just doing it for the hell of it - with no emotional investment, and no thought for the future or the consequences - seems contrary to a woman's interests. "Slutty" may apply. Also, "reckless".

Dilloduck
03-12-2007, 09:44 AM
now-do have any tough questions or is that it ?:laugh2:

musicman
03-12-2007, 09:45 AM
now-do have any tough questions or is that it ?:laugh2:

Do I hear thirty?

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Guys can be sluts now a days too ya know. Where's the option anyone who has sex a lot with lots of people.

manu1959
03-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Guys can be sluts now a days too ya know. Where's the option anyone who has sex a lot with lots of people.

create your own poll.....this one is about girls puttin out for dudes

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Why would I wont to create such a stupid poll. Who cares, what does it matter.

Dilloduck
03-12-2007, 10:34 AM

Then make a poll that matters to you---

manu1959
03-12-2007, 10:38 AM

liar.....and i quote "Guys can be sluts now a days too ya know. Where's the option anyone who has sex a lot with lots of people."

03-12-2007, 10:44 AM
A slut a promiscuous woman.

Promiscuous means not restricted to one sexual partner.

At least that is the definition in the dictionary

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 10:46 AM
It doesn't matter enough to create a whole poll over, to me atleast.

Dilloduck
03-12-2007, 10:49 AM
It doesn't matter enough to create a whole poll over, to me atleast.

right--this place is not all about you nor designed for your individual entertainment. Thanks for sharing your dissastifaction tho ! :laugh2:

LiberalNation
03-12-2007, 10:57 AM
K, but this thread seems like perfect place to discuss the slut and whether it applies to male. In my school, in how people talk it does. Lots of words are used and have meanings not in a dictionary. Playa, Pimp would be some others. Tho normally ascribed to male are also commanly used for females too now.

Dilloduck
03-12-2007, 11:08 AM
K, but this thread seems like perfect place to discuss the slut and whether it applies to male. In my school, in how people talk it does. Lots of words are used and have meanings not in a dictionary. Playa, Pimp would be some others. Tho normally ascribed to male are also commanly used for females too now.

hey--your getting the hang of this stuff . !!!! rep for you !!

Sitarro
03-12-2007, 11:14 AM

Who cares how prevalent ebonics is at your junior high?

Of course men can be sluts, I used to be one, then I grew up. I also used to be a dumbass liberal, then I woke up and took responsibility for my life. In this world with diseases that don't just stay with you for the rest of your life(herpes) but can kill you pretty quickly, if not physically, certainly economically(AIDS).....one has to be a naive idiot to be promiscuous.

Yes, women who sleep around by definition are sluts and foolish.

GW in Ohio
03-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Oh, man. whaere do I start?

First of all, the term slut is outdated and invalid, because it is based on the assumptions that men can screw around all they want to, and no label gets attached to them. But if a woman screws around, right away she's a slut.

Secondly, the term slut is just loaded with all kinds of religious and moral and judgmental stuff. Someone else's sexual activity is none of your business, or my business. It's not our job to judge other people or put labels on them.

Mr. P
03-12-2007, 12:34 PM

First of all, the term slut is outdated and invalid, because it is based on the assumptions that men can screw around all they want to, and no label gets attached to them. But if a woman screws around, right away she's a slut.

Secondly, the term slut is just loaded with all kinds of religious and moral and judgmental stuff. Someone else's sexual activity is none of your business, or my business. It's not our job to judge other people or put labels on them.

Society Judges and labels everyday, it's just the way it is. It’s a means of maintaining a set of norms that reflect the morals of society.

Roomy
03-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Who cares how prevalent ebonics is at your junior high?

Of course men can be sluts, I used to be one, then I grew up. I also used to be a dumbass liberal, then I woke up and took responsibility for my life. In this world with diseases that don't just stay with you for the rest of your life(herpes) but can kill you pretty quickly, if not physically, certainly economically(AIDS).....one has to be a naive idiot to be promiscuous.

Yes, women who sleep around by definition are sluts and foolish.

What day was it that you grew up and took responsibility for your life?:cool:

03-12-2007, 01:03 PM

First, no one has ever assumed men can just screw around all the want. quite contrary.

Second, there is absolutely nothing wrong with morals or judgments. And it indeed does become my business when my tax money has to go to support:

1)Welfare for single mothers
2)Healthcare provided to deal with STDS

And because of those who try to force their viewpoints on my children/future children.

Everyone we do has consequences. Especially when it comes to the act of procreation. You can't be careless in sexual matters without having negative consequences to society because there are reprocussions that extend for generations.

Abbey Marie
03-12-2007, 03:14 PM

:rolleyes:

CockySOB
03-12-2007, 03:19 PM
In today's moral climate, do people truly believe that women are equally respectable (to other women), no matter what sexual choices they make? I am asking what people TRULY FEEL, not what they think they SHOULD feel, about women and their sexual choices.

First off, I find your definition to be a sexist one. Are you implying that the male of the species cannot be a "slut?" Is not "slutty" behavior a gender-neutral behavior?

Second, none of your definitions suits, IMHO. A slut is someone out for their own sexual gratification with only minimal thought or concern for the potential consequences.

glockmail
03-12-2007, 04:14 PM

Men can be sluts too.

What's wrong with:
1. labels?
2. judgements based on religion and morality?

Said1
03-12-2007, 05:43 PM
I know a lot of sluts. Most of them have serious problems that go deeper than t heir sexual activities. Either way, anyone who garners self-esteem or validation or whatever from sexual encounters should seek phyciatric help.

Sitarro
03-12-2007, 05:59 PM
What day was it that you grew up and took responsibility for your life?:cool:

I see you don't have anything to ad to the thread.....what a surprise coming from the gumby wanna be of the board.:upyours:

Dilloduck
03-12-2007, 07:18 PM
I know a lot of sluts. Most of them have serious problems that go deeper than t heir sexual activities. Either way, anyone who garners self-esteem or validation or whatever from sexual encounters should seek phyciatric help.

Well said---they're sad cases.

shattered
03-12-2007, 08:55 PM
A woman who engages in repeated “no-strings” sex

Can "woman" be changed to "anyone"?

Dilloduck
03-12-2007, 08:58 PM

o sure

gabosaurus
03-12-2007, 09:05 PM
The double edged sword swings again. Men with multiple sex partners are "studs." Women with multiple sex partners are "studs." The men are revered, the women are ostracized.
Yep, the good ole boy system.

What do they call 18 year old virgins in Arkansas?
Visitors. :cheers2:

Said1
03-12-2007, 09:06 PM

I don't get it. No wait. I do. :laugh2:

CockySOB
03-13-2007, 01:03 AM

There are surgical techniques....

Roomy
03-13-2007, 02:23 AM
I see you don't have anything to ad to the thread.....what a surprise coming from the gumby wanna be of the board.:upyours:

I only asked because up to and including this post you are still behaving like a spoilt moronic child, maybe that is grown up as far as you are concerned?:cool:

Psychoblues
03-13-2007, 04:23 AM
"What is a slut"? The fact that you ask the question demonstrates your curiosity as to whether you might be one.

I'd say, only due to your own curiosity, that YOU are a slut. What else are you? It is the totality of your being that is important, not your sexual preferences, experiences, desires or even abstinance that define you. We are all sluts, excepting some that are so torn up inside they can't face themselves, and we all can rejoice in the fact that we are also loved by the God Almighty, Jesus Christ.

Or, just maybe, are you trying to accuse someone of being a "slut"?

shattered
03-13-2007, 06:49 AM
There are surgical techniques....

Very funny. *pinch*:slap:

I ask, because for every female slut there is, somewhere there's a male slut to go right along with her. It takes two after all...

trobinett
03-13-2007, 06:59 AM
A woman who engages in repeated “no-strings” sex

We call em' "Club girls", others call em' whore's.

There is no such thing as "no-strings" sex.:cheers2:

Nienna
03-13-2007, 07:56 AM
"What is a slut"? The fact that you ask the question demonstrates your curiosity as to whether you might be one.

I'd say, only due to your own curiosity, that YOU are a slut. What else are you? It is the totality of your being that is important, not your sexual preferences, experiences, desires or even abstinance that define you. We are all sluts, excepting some that are so torn up inside they can't face themselves, and we all can rejoice in the fact that we are also loved by the God Almighty, Jesus Christ.

Psycho? You're saying I'm a slut?

Nienna
03-13-2007, 07:57 AM
The reason I made it "women" instead of "anyone" is because this thread is sort of a carry-over from the "hook-up" thread, which was dealing with women.

stang56k
03-13-2007, 09:56 AM
The double edged sword swings again. Men with multiple sex partners are "studs." Women with multiple sex partners are "studs." The men are revered, the women are ostracized.
Yep, the good ole boy system.

Well, the double standard is prolly spawned off the reality that it is alot harder for a male to go out and have multiple one night stands as compared to a female can go out and have pretty much any guy she wants. Basicly a guy that can get alot of chicks = skills, chick with a lot of guys = slut.

Dilloduck
03-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Well, the double standard is prolly spawned off the reality that it is alot harder for a male to go out and have multiple one night stands as compared to a female can go out and have pretty much any guy she wants. Basicly a guy that can get alot of chicks = skills, chick with a lot of guys = slut.

Skills ??? :rolleyes:

Dilloduck
03-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Skills ??? :rolleyes:

What "skills"---some fancy pickup line or throwing around a lot of cash ?

Mr. P
03-13-2007, 10:53 AM

That'll do er.

03-13-2007, 12:17 PM

Do you have any ability to reason whatsoever? Your "logic" here just doesn't follow.

More than likely any curiousity of what a slut is stems from a previous discussion in which sluts were mentioned. So in order to clarify what people are saying there it was important we all understand what we are defining as a slut.

03-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Very funny. *pinch*:slap:

I ask, because for every female slut there is, somewhere there's a male slut to go right along with her. It takes two after all...

No there are probably about 15 manwhores for every slut.

03-13-2007, 12:19 PM

Since when do pick up lines work?

stang56k
03-13-2007, 01:44 PM

Pimp'in aint easy! :wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

Dilloduck
03-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Pimp'in aint easy! :wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

Cash and a line of bullshit is skills ?

gabosaurus
03-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Dillo, our esteemed conservative collegues here probably know a lot about pimpin and skills and such. I am sure many of them contributed to the "bad names" endured by many "slutty" girls out there.
Manwhores indeed! Such a badge of honor! :cheers2: