PDA

View Full Version : Post Ombudsman Admits Coverage Isn't Fair

Kathianne
08-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Obama leads 3:1. Obama articles are positive, McCain's negative:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/15/AR2008081503100.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

red states rule
08-17-2008, 05:36 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/15/AR2008081503100.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

Does this mean the Washington Compost will start actually start covering Obama and McCain in a fair, objective, and unbiased manner? :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Does this mean the Washington Compost will start actually start covering Obama and McCain in a fair, objective, and unbiased manner? :laugh2:

No, just an admission. Not talking about changing anything. ;)

red states rule
08-17-2008, 05:50 PM
No, just an admission. Not talking about changing anything. ;)

I can tell that by watching the "reporters" from the Washington Compost on TV whining that the election is so close, and wondering why Obama is not futther ahead in the polls

MtnBiker
08-17-2008, 06:33 PM
3 to 1, hmmm perhaps the Fairness Doctrine should be adapted to equalize the situation.

Kathianne
08-17-2008, 06:37 PM
3 to 1, hmmm perhaps the Fairness Doctrine should be adapted to equalize the situation.

Oh but doncha know, really only applies to radio, those 'public interest' airwaves. Of course the same argument goes towards the internet, but they are claiming, (actual?) ignorance on that front. Funny thing, internet is more favorable to them, but may well get caught up in their quest. ;)

MtnBiker
08-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Oh but doncha know, really only applies to radio, those 'public interest' airwaves. Of course the same argument goes towards the internet, but they are claiming, (actual?) ignorance on that front. Funny thing, internet is more favorable to them, but may well get caught up in their quest. ;)

Oh I know, just tongue in cheek. As if the left view is never heard.

Kathianne
08-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Oh I know, just tongue in cheek. As if the left view is never heard.

;) I know you know, problem is so many on the left don't, but rant anyways. Too funny and sad at the same time.

gabosaurus
08-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Fox News should admit the same. Let's see their list of positive stories about Obama.
That's easy -- there are none.

Kathianne
08-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Fox News should admit the same. Let's see their list of positive stories about Obama.
That's easy -- there are none.

Problem with that Gabby, the Ombud admitted it's not just the post. Did the whole Nexus-Lexus count.

gabosaurus
08-17-2008, 07:25 PM
You didn't address my comment.
There are more stories about Obama because there were more stories to write. There is far more drama on the Dem side of the presidential campaign than the GOP side.

Kathianne
08-17-2008, 07:30 PM
You didn't address my comment.
There are more stories about Obama because there were more stories to write. There is far more drama on the Dem side of the presidential campaign than the GOP side.

Not necessarily. Just because you aren't hearing about McCain, obviously, doesn't mean he isn't saying anything. Just not being covered.

As far as Fox news, I've seen more than a few positive reports. You don't watch so you couldn't possibly know.

red states rule
08-18-2008, 06:35 AM
Not necessarily. Just because you aren't hearing about McCain, obviously, doesn't mean he isn't saying anything. Just not being covered.

As far as Fox news, I've seen more than a few positive reports. You don't watch so you couldn't possibly know.

Most libs do not watch and dismiss the many Dems Fox News has on to give their opinions as "not real Democrats"

midcan5
08-18-2008, 07:21 AM
The modern definition of objectivity is, it I say something bad about one candidate I have to say something bad about the other. Thus I prove I am being fair and impartial. What a crock of crap that is! Suppose Jesus were running against Hitler. Well you know Hitler hates Jews and wants them dead but Jesus wants us to be good or we'll go to hell. So I guess Jesus and Hitler are really about the same, but I really like ??? cause he is a ???

Obama is a heck of a lot more interesting than an old political fart who has reversed every idea he ever had to get wingnut approval. He has an ad on TV that he is a maverick! What the hell is a maverick anyway? Anyone know, more BS from the BS spinners.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Joe Steel
08-18-2008, 12:21 PM

Howell is just a rightwing hack. Nothing she says should be taken at face value.

Kathianne
08-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Howell is just a rightwing hack. Nothing she says should be taken at face value.

It's a count, genius. :rolleyes:

red states rule
08-18-2008, 04:06 PM
It's a count, genius. :rolleyes:

Maybe he is a graduate of the DC public school system