PDA

View Full Version : No More Hugs As Obama Tears Into McCain

Psychoblues
08-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Don't tell me the marriage is now off so soon after the big church wedding and all!!!!!!!!!!

Source: Associated Press

No more hugs as Obama tears into McCain

By Beth Fouhy
Associated Press Writer / August 17, 2008

RENO, Nev.—So much for hugging in church. A day after Barack Obama and John McCain exchanged an embrace during a faith forum at a California megachurch, Obama called the U.S. economy a disaster thanks to "John McCain's president, George W. Bush," and chided his Republican rival's campaign team for trying to make him look unpatriotic and weak.

At a town hall meeting with several hundred union members, Obama said he had had a great conversation with McCain at the forum at Saddleback Church sponsored by the popular evangelical pastor Rick Warren. The two candidates shook hands, briefly hugged and stood onstage with Warren, the first time they appeared together in public since the end of the primary season.

But Sunday, after praising the Arizona senator as a "genuine American patriot," the Democratic presidential hopeful got back to business -- methodically tearing into McCain's health care, tax and energy policies and criticizing his advisers. "McCain says 'Here's my plan, I'm going to drill here, drill now which is something he only came up with two months ago when he started looking at polling," Obama said of McCain's energy policy..........

The Illinois senator also criticized McCain's advisers as "the same old folks that brought you George W. Bush. The same team." He noted many had been lobbyists in Washington before McCain asked them to sever all lobbying ties. Obama added, "They say this other guy is unpatriotic, or this guy likes French people. That's what they said about Kerry," referring to the 2004 Democratic nominee who lost narrowly to Bush. "They try to make it out like Democrats aren't tough enough, aren't macho enough. It's the same strategy."........

More: http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/08/17/no_more_hugs_as_obama_tears_into_mccain/?rss_id=Boston.com%20--%20Latest%20news

The silly season goes rapidly into full force from about here till November!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!

Hit it, Tammy, Only Love Can Make A Golden Wedding Ring: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

stephanie
08-18-2008, 08:32 AM
:lol:

that must be that CHANGE thing that the Obambam keeps talking about...

sorry, but the Obambam couldn't tear his way out of a paper bag, let alone tear into someone...I laugh hard.

Psychoblues
08-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Seriously, stevie,,,,,,The Popeye cartoons and the spinach are getting to you!!!!!!

:lol:

that must be that CHANGE thing that the Obambam keeps talking about...

sorry, but the Obambam couldn't tear his way out of a paper bag, let alone tear into someone...I laugh hard.

Have you considered watching the Muppets or maybe Sesame Street?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Classact
08-18-2008, 11:35 AM
From the link

RENO, Nev.—So much for hugging in church. A day after Barack Obama and John McCain exchanged an embrace during a faith forum at a California megachurch, Obama called the U.S. economy a disaster thanks to "John McCain's president, George W. Bush," and chided his Republican rival's campaign team for trying to make him look unpatriotic and weak.Duh! John McCains president? But better yet trying to make him look... Too funny!!!

theHawk
08-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Don't tell me the marriage is now off so soon after the big church wedding and all!!!!!!!!!!

Source: Associated Press

No more hugs as Obama tears into McCain

By Beth Fouhy
Associated Press Writer / August 17, 2008

RENO, Nev.—So much for hugging in church. A day after Barack Obama and John McCain exchanged an embrace during a faith forum at a California megachurch, Obama called the U.S. economy a disaster thanks to "John McCain's president, George W. Bush," and chided his Republican rival's campaign team for trying to make him look unpatriotic and weak.

At a town hall meeting with several hundred union members, Obama said he had had a great conversation with McCain at the forum at Saddleback Church sponsored by the popular evangelical pastor Rick Warren. The two candidates shook hands, briefly hugged and stood onstage with Warren, the first time they appeared together in public since the end of the primary season.

But Sunday, after praising the Arizona senator as a "genuine American patriot," the Democratic presidential hopeful got back to business -- methodically tearing into McCain's health care, tax and energy policies and criticizing his advisers. "McCain says 'Here's my plan, I'm going to drill here, drill now which is something he only came up with two months ago when he started looking at polling," Obama said of McCain's energy policy..........

The Illinois senator also criticized McCain's advisers as "the same old folks that brought you George W. Bush. The same team." He noted many had been lobbyists in Washington before McCain asked them to sever all lobbying ties. Obama added, "They say this other guy is unpatriotic, or this guy likes French people. That's what they said about Kerry," referring to the 2004 Democratic nominee who lost narrowly to Bush. "They try to make it out like Democrats aren't tough enough, aren't macho enough. It's the same strategy."........

More: http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/08/17/no_more_hugs_as_obama_tears_into_mccain/?rss_id=Boston.com%20--%20Latest%20news

The silly season goes rapidly into full force from about here till November!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!

Hit it, Tammy, Only Love Can Make A Golden Wedding Ring: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

I hate to burst Obama's overinflated bubble, but Bush is the President of all of America, not "John McCain". And the "same old folks" that brought us Bush are called middle of the road Americans and conservatives. You know, the non-liberals. I guess Obama doesn't believe that majority of Americans should be rightly represented.

If this is all this shitbag has in attacking McCain he isn't going to do nearly as well as liberals hope for.