PDA

View Full Version : Despite Assurances, McCain Wasn’t In A ‘Cone Of Silence’

Psychoblues
08-18-2008, 12:59 AM
What difference would it have made whether true or not? Pastor Warren should simply have never said such a thing to stir up the conspiracy nuts!!!!!!

Source: NYT

ORLANDO, Fla. — Senator John McCain was not in a so-called cone of silence on Saturday night while his rival, Senator Barack Obama, was being interviewed at the Saddleback Church in California.

The McCain campaign, which flew here Sunday from California, said Mr. McCain was in his motorcade on the way to the church as Mr. Obama was being interviewed by the Rev. Rick Warren.

The matter is of interest because Mr. McCain, who followed Mr. Obama’s hourlong appearance in the forum, was asked virtually the same questions as Mr. Obama. Mr. McCain’s performance was well received, raising speculation among some viewers, especially supporters of Mr. Obama, that he was not as isolated during the Obama interview as Mr. Warren implied.

Mr. Warren, pastor of Saddleback, had assured the audience while he was interviewing Mr. Obama that “we have safely placed Senator McCain in a cone of silence” and that he could not hear the questions...........

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/18/us/politics/18mccain.html?_r=1&ref=politics&oref=slogin

Perhaps this article can put those mind blowing thoughts to rest!?!?!?!?!?!

It Ain't What It Looks Like, Baby: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-18-2008, 06:27 AM
Well folks, after John McCain looked glib, and gave good answers compared to the stuttering and bumbling messiah - you knew the left would make excuses

Well, here is the first one

McCain cheated. The DNC Times uses a misleading headline to take their shot

Despite Assurances, McCain Wasn’t in a ‘Cone of Silence’

By KATHARINE Q. SEELYE
Published: August 17, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. — Senator John McCain was not in a “cone of silence” on Saturday night while his rival, Senator Barack Obama, was being interviewed at the Saddleback Church in California.

Members of the McCain campaign staff, who flew here Sunday from California, said Mr. McCain was in his motorcade on the way to the church as Mr. Obama was being interviewed by the Rev. Rick Warren, the author of the best-selling book “The Purpose Driven Life.”

The matter is of interest because Mr. McCain, who followed Mr. Obama’s hourlong appearance in the forum, was asked virtually the same questions as Mr. Obama. Mr. McCain’s performance was well received, raising speculation among some viewers, especially supporters of Mr. Obama, that he was not as isolated during the Obama interview as Mr. Warren implied.

Nicolle Wallace, a spokeswoman for Mr. McCain, said on Sunday night that Mr. McCain had not heard the broadcast of the event while in his motorcade and heard none of the questions.

“The insinuation from the Obama campaign that John McCain, a former prisoner of war, cheated is outrageous,” Ms. Wallace said.

Before an audience of more than 2,000 people at the church, the candidates answered questions about policy and social issues.

Mr. Warren, the pastor of Saddleback, had assured the audience while he was interviewing Mr. Obama that “we have safely placed Senator McCain in a cone of silence” and that he could not hear the questions.

After Mr. Obama’s interview, he was joined briefly by Mr. McCain, and the candidates shook hands and embraced.

Mr. Warren started by asking Mr. McCain, “Now, my first question: Was the cone of silence comfortable that you were in just now?”

Mr. McCain deadpanned, “I was trying to hear through the wall.”

Interviewed Sunday on CNN, Mr. Warren seemed surprised to learn that Mr. McCain was not in the building during the Obama interview.

red states rule
08-18-2008, 06:30 AM
and DNC TV is also tossing out the same Obamabot's talking point

Did Mitchell Get 'McCain Cheated' at Saddleback from Daily Kos?
By Noel Sheppard
August 17, 2008 - 20:45 ET

As my colleague D.S. Hube reported, Andrea Mitchell on Sunday's "Meet the Press" suggested the Obama campaign felt John McCain "may not have been in the cone of silence" during Saturday's Saddleback Civil Forum, "and may have had some ability to overhear what the questions were."

Although she claimed this was being "[put] out privately" by Obama's people, CNN is now reporting that his campaign is "not pursuing whether McCain heard any of the other questions," and that they're "assuming McCain had the same information they did."

So where did Mitchell get this idea from? Might it have been a Daily Kos blog posted at 9:22 PM PDT Saturday entitled "McCain cheated? proof he knew the questions ahead of time":

The following is evidence that either McCain was NOT in a quiet room during Obama's interview OR that he indeed had the questions ahead of time. If Obama was not provided the questions as well, then McCain clearly cheated.

In a Church even, how brazen.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/08/17/did-mitchell-get-mccain-cheated-saddleback-daily-kos

darin
08-18-2008, 07:21 AM
translation: The Obamassiah rambled like a fool, so the republican MUST Have cheated.

red states rule
08-18-2008, 07:24 AM
translation: The Obamassiah rambled like a fool, so the republican MUST Have cheated.

That is the usual excuse the left uses whenever they lose.

midcan5
08-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Lost what? Isn't this America and isn't religion separate from politics and government. Private views are private views. Or are the republicans envious of the taliban?

red states rule
08-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Lost what? Isn't this America and isn't religion separate from politics and government. Private views are private views. Or are the republicans envious of the taliban?

and what does this rant have to do with the topic?

Or are you trying to change the subject since your guy looked bad?

stephanie
08-18-2008, 08:09 AM
your poor little boy wonder looked like shit at the event(which is nothing new), just admit it, and move along.

Liberals and Democrats----------->http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thbaby-crying-1.gif

Psychoblues
08-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Why my goodness, G'mornin' stevie!!!!!!!!!

your poor little boy wonder looked like shit at the event(which is nothing new), just admit it, and move along.

Liberals and Democrats----------->http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thbaby-crying-1.gif

Are you watching Captain Kangaroo?!?!?!??!??!???!?!?!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

PostmodernProphet
08-18-2008, 08:56 AM
even if it is true, what difference would it have made.....Obama looked bad because of what Obama said, not because of what McCain said.....

Psychoblues
08-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Really? I thought he looked, spoke and acted like a thoughtful and discerning individual that deserves his shot at the Presidency of the United States Of America!!!!!!!

even if it is true, what difference would it have made.....Obama looked bad because of what Obama said, not because of what McCain said.....

JM, on the other hand, appeared defensive, excessively over confident and dangerous to genuine American ideals.

I guess that's the difference between two separate sets of American eyes!!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
08-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Really? I thought he looked, spoke and acted like a thoughtful and discerning individual that deserves his shot at the Presidency of the United States Of America!!!!!!!

JM, on the other hand, appeared defensive, excessively over confident and dangerous to genuine American ideals.

I guess that's the difference between two separate sets of American eyes!!!!!!!!!!

DNC TV "reporter" Andrea Mitchell did not think so

And neither do the left wing bloggers

08-18-2008, 09:16 AM

Obviously if the left is trying to accuse McCain of cheating, that they know they lost.

red states rule
08-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Obviously if the left is trying to accuse McCain of cheating, that they know they lost.

They do the same thing when they lose elections, or votes in Congress

retiredman
08-18-2008, 09:19 AM

I agree with you completely. McCain looked too rehearsed, like he was spewing out canned answers. Obama was thoughtful and nuanced, and honest.

red states rule
08-18-2008, 09:20 AM
I agree with you completely. McCain looked too rehearsed, like he was spewing out canned answers. Obama was thoughtful and nuanced, and honest.

McCain was having a conversation with Mr Warren. McCain was relaxed and calm

Obama was talking to the crowd. Obama is lost without his notes, teleprompter, and looked lost

stephanie
08-18-2008, 09:23 AM
The new talking point word for the Obambam....NUANCED.

I suppose saying he was a stuttering idiot wouldn't look good from the Democrats and their cult members in the media.....:laugh2:

red states rule
08-18-2008, 09:26 AM

I suppose saying he was a stuttering idiot wouldn't look good from the Democrats and their cult members in the media.....:laugh2:

You should read what the left wing bloggers are posting. They are not happy with the messiah's performance

retiredman
08-18-2008, 09:29 AM

your unbridled hatred for Senator Obama really is becoming quite unattractive.

red states rule
08-18-2008, 09:32 AM

Next up from the preacher - the race card

Do these left wing bloggers hate your messiah MFM?

Leftwing Blogosphere Disappointed in Obama Saddleback Forum Performance
By P.J. Gladnick (Bio | Archive)
August 17, 2008 - 14:24 ET

So just how bad was Barack Obama's performance at the Saddleback Church faith-based forum last night? To read the cautious mainstream media reports, such as CNN, on the event you would think that Obama was merely "thoughtful" as reported by Michael M. Bates here on NewsBusters today. However, in a few media outlets a much blunter appraisal of Obama's performance can be found such as in the U.K. Telegraph. The very title of their article, "Barack Obama fails to shine alongside John McCain," gives a good idea of writer Alex Spillius' opinion of the event (emphasis mine):

As a regular church-goer comfortable talking about his faith, Mr Obama is ostensibly better placed than most recent Democratic candidates to win over evangelicals.

But his support of abortion, a non-negotiable issue for many conservative Christians, remains a considerable obstacle, and he drew disapproving noises from the 2,800 audience at Saddleback in Lake Forest, California when he gave an evasive response to the question of when human rights begin for a baby.

"Whether you are looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade," said Mr Obama.

Spillius contrasted what he called an "evasive answer" with John McCain's response:

Mr McCain, who has always been against abortion, in contrast gave a swift response: "At the moment of conception", drawing a loud round of applause.

Perhaps the best measure of Obama's performance can be seen among a group that normally includes his strongest supporters, the leftwing blogosphere. Despite some brave attempts by some in that arena to put a happy face on Obama's appearance at Pastor Rick Warren's forum, even they were forced to express disappointment as you can see in both the Democratic Underground and the Daily Kos. The very title of the DU thread, "I won't win cool points for this, but McCain is doing excellent so far, better than Obama," expresses something less than a vote of confidence for Obama. Here are a few examples of just how disappointed the DUers were in Obama last night:

...I honestly can't remember hardly any of Senator Obama's answers to the questions that were asked, while McCain has had at least SOME memorable answers.

I think it was a mistake for Senator Obama to do this forum.

I've been shocked at how well McCain has done compared to what I was expecting. That very well could be it.

I don't know why Obama went there - he comes across as a poor second to our "McZero the hero".

Meanwhile, the Kossacks tried not too convincingly to believe that McCain didn't really win as you can see from this thread title, "Why McCain's 'win' wasn't really a win at the FBF." The author of the thread might be trying to convince the other Kossacks that McCain didn't win but many others weren't buying it as you can see:

McCain beat our a** tonight.

We have been here before. You don't bring Karate to a gun fight. You bring an Uzzi. McCain brought an Uzzi. Obama brought a pocket knife and got ambushed. It's time to stop this crap.

His answer "above my pay grade" will be in an ad tomorrow. He appeared to give non answers to me. And he must have said uh and um a hundred times!

OBAMA GOT CREAMED...NO OTHER WAY TO LOOK at it.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/08/17/leftwing-blogosphere-disappointed-obama-saddleback-forum-performance

stephanie
08-18-2008, 09:40 AM

and your unbridled brown nosing for him has already become sickening..

I don't hate the person, I hate his ideas he's trying to shove on the American people, I think he's a sneaky little loser and stupid to boot..

I don't hate anyone, like you do President Bush..so go sit in your corner..:cheers2:

red states rule
08-18-2008, 10:12 AM
More fallout from the Saddleback forum

McCain Shines at Saddleback Forum
By Michael Gerson

WASHINGTON -- It is now clear why Barack Obama has refused John McCain's offer of joint town hall appearances during the fall campaign. McCain is obviously better at them.

Pastor Rick Warren's Saddleback Civil Forum on the Presidency -- two hours on Saturday night evenly divided between the relaxed, tieless candidates -- was expected to be a sideshow. McCain and Obama would make their specialized appeals to evangelicals as if they were an interest group such as organized labor or the National Rifle Association. Evangelicals would demonstrate, in turn, that they are not rubes and know-nothings. And Americans would turn en masse to watch the Olympics.

What took place instead under Warren's precise and revealing questioning was the most important event so far of the 2008 campaign -- a performance every voter should seek out on the Internet and watch.

First, the forum previewed the stylistic battle lines of the contest ahead, and it should give Democrats pause. Obama was fluent, cool and cerebral -- the qualities that made Adlai Stevenson interesting but did not make him president. Obama took care to point out that he had once been a professor at the University of Chicago, but that bit of biography was unnecessary. His whole manner smacks of chalkboards and campus ivy. Issues from stem cell research to the nature of evil are weighed, analyzed and explained instead of confronted.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/08/small_hopes_and_large_upsets.html

theHawk
08-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Wow the libs are grabbing at straws here, their boy looked like a complete bafoon. The best they can come up with is attacking McCain for "cheating"? Things aren't looking so good for the O-bah-bah-ma sheep!

red states rule
08-18-2008, 10:14 AM
Wow the libs are grabbing at straws here, their boy looked like a complete bafoon. The best they can come up with is attacking McCain for "cheating"? Things aren't looking so good for the O-bah-bah-ma sheep!

Just think how the left will react if McCain wins in November

retiredman
08-18-2008, 11:08 AM
and your unbridled brown nosing for him has already become sickening..

I don't hate the person, I hate his ideas he's trying to shove on the American people, I think he's a sneaky little loser and stupid to boot..

I don't hate anyone, like you do President Bush..so go sit in your corner..:cheers2:

I have never brown nosed Obama. As I have said over and over again...he was not my first nor my second nor even my third choice amongst the democratic primary candidates. He will be my party's nominee, however, and I like him much better than I do John McCain.

And for someone like you to call Obama "stupid" when he was editor of the Harvard Law Review and has had an extremely successful career in public service and in higher education is just another example of how you allow your hatred to say silly things.

Don't like his politics? fine. debate them. calling him names does not count as debate.

stephanie
08-18-2008, 11:11 AM
I have never brown nosed Obama. As I have said over and over again...he was not my first nor my second nor even my third choice amongst the democratic primary candidates. He will be my party's nominee, however, and I like him much better than I do John McCain.

And for someone like you to call Obama "stupid" when he was editor of the Harvard Law Review and has had an extremely successful career in public service and in higher education is just another example of how you allow your hatred to say silly things.

Don't like his politics? fine. debate them. calling him names does not count as debate.

Oh dear, I forgot I'm supposed to be IMPRESSED because he attended Harvard..

You of all people know about calling people names..and I do whatever the hell I want..if you don't like..tough shit..go away little man..:cheers2:

red states rule
08-18-2008, 11:11 AM

You have your head shoved up Obama's ass so far you can check for polyps

The problem for Obama is the more he talks the more he drops in the polls

retiredman
08-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Oh dear, I forgot I'm supposed to be IMPRESSED because he attended Harvard..

You of all people know about calling people names..and I do whatever the hell I want..if you don't like..tough shit..go away little man..:cheers2:

of course you are not supposed to be "impressed"... just acknowledge the fact that it is incongruent to be stupid and become the editor of the Harvard Law Review.

And I'll go away when I'm good and ready, bitch, not until. got it?

Kathianne
08-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Threads merged due to dupe link, per poster's request.

red states rule
08-18-2008, 11:53 AM
of course you are not supposed to be "impressed"... just acknowledge the fact that it is incongruent to be stupid and become the editor of the Harvard Law Review.

and yet, Obama dismises the long list of accomplishments of Justice Thomas and caught himself as he was about to say he was not qualified to be on the USCS

yet Obama and his sheep use Justice Thomas as a punching bag

stephanie
08-18-2008, 12:14 PM

you're as phony as a three dollar bill..I laugh at you all the time..great fun it is..:dance:

PostmodernProphet
08-18-2008, 12:15 PM

I'm sure you did....and I expect that every single person who decided to vote for him twelve months ago agrees with you......

the question is not what you thought, or even what McCain's supporters thought, but what independents and moderates thought......

Kathianne
08-18-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm sure you did....and I expect that every single person who decided to vote for him twelve months ago agrees with you......

the question is not what you thought, or even what McCain's supporters thought, but what independents and moderates thought......

Give that man a cigar! (I can't rep ya!)

PostmodernProphet
08-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Obama was thoughtful and nuanced, and honest.

I agree....he was honest about his beliefs and about his ignorance......both of which will work against him......

PostmodernProphet
08-18-2008, 12:20 PM

I think in this instance, the proper understanding of "nuanced" would be....'deliberately vague, in order to permit a variety of interpretations'......

Trigg
08-18-2008, 12:31 PM

His politics have been depated here, numerous times. His vote against medical care for babies born alive after an abortion. His assertion that he wants abortions to go down, but his voting record which is against all abortion limits.

The man talks out his ass and when confronted with a better debater........well McCain must have cheated.

They have no proof that McCain knew the questions. The MSM and Obama supporters are simply grasping at straws to explain why Obama didn't do better. IMO Obama stumbles every time he talks without notes or a prompter, now many times has he had to come back and REFINE what he meant to say?????????????????

I can think of at least 3 :laugh2:

08-18-2008, 12:49 PM

I think you are confusing amusment with hatred.

08-18-2008, 12:50 PM

MFM, I've been in law school. Being the editor of a law review doesnt really impress me because I've seen what's involved.

Kathianne
08-18-2008, 01:08 PM
MFM, I've been in law school. Being the editor of a law review doesnt really impress me because I've seen what's involved.

Not to mention he never published anything of his own in the law review.

08-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Not to mention he never published anything of his own in the law review.

Sounds like I'm as qualified as Obama.:)

retiredman
08-18-2008, 01:21 PM

Obama wouldn't impress you if he were able to walk on water.

The fact remains: you cannot be STUPID and be the editor of the Harvard Law Review. For stapphy to suggest that is silly. I called her on it.

Yurt
08-18-2008, 01:35 PM
obama is not stupid because he was editor of a law review....bush is stupid despite obtaining an MBA from Harvard, in the top 3, if not #1, business grad school in the nation.

i would find the hypocrisy laughable, if those on the left weren't so set in their deep hatred of president bush to the point of being intellectually dishonest about what is or is not stupid simply because of a degree or position in school.

to discount bush's academic achievements while singing praises about obama's is plainly absurd.

Sitarro
08-18-2008, 01:42 PM

You really don't need to hate someone to recognize that they are a blithering, stuttering idiot that wears an empty suit and has no qualifications at all to be the next President of the United States. I don't hate you and yet I recognize you to be zombie like in your worship of anything the idiots in the Democrat party do. I don't hate Obama, I would probably piss on him if he was on fire, but I don't think he is worth a shit as a leader or even as a follower, he is a bad joke being put on our country by the clowns on the left.

08-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Obama wouldn't impress you if he were able to walk on water.

The fact remains: you cannot be STUPID and be the editor of the Harvard Law Review. For stapphy to suggest that is silly. I called her on it.

You very much can.

retiredman
08-18-2008, 02:38 PM
You very much can.

just because you could get through YOUR law school being stupid does not mean one can excel at Harvard Law School and be stupid.

sorry.

08-18-2008, 02:47 PM
just because you could get through YOUR law school being stupid does not mean one can excel at Harvard Law School and be stupid.

sorry.

You may think yourself clever by insulting me. Quite frankly I don't care because you've just destroyed your argument. If you think I can get through law school while on the law journal and think I am stupid, then clearly you think people can get through law school on the law journal and be stupid.

Thank you for supporting my argument.

retiredman
08-18-2008, 02:55 PM
You may think yourself clever by insulting me. Quite frankly I don't care because you've just destroyed your argument. If you think I can get through law school while on the law journal and think I am stupid, then clearly you think people can get through law school on the law journal and be stupid.

Thank you for supporting my argument.

not all law schools are created equal.

clearly, you are not STUPID, and clearly, neither is Obama. Just because you don't like his politics does not mean that he is STUPID. Got it?

08-18-2008, 02:58 PM
not all law schools are created equal.

clearly, you are not STUPID, and clearly, neither is Obama. Just because you don't like his politics does not mean that he is STUPID. Got it?

No one is saying he is stupid for his politics. its what he does, the decisions he makes, etc.

retiredman
08-18-2008, 03:01 PM
No one is saying he is stupid for his politics. its what he does, the decisions he makes, etc.

the decisions he makes might not be to your liking, but they are not the sign of STUPIDITY.

Calling him STUPID is just a bullshit internet message board insult that, no doubt, you would never have the balls - not to mention the lack of manners - to say to his face.

Kathianne
08-18-2008, 03:04 PM
the decisions he makes might not be to your liking, but they are not the sign of STUPIDITY.

Calling him STUPID is just a bullshit internet message board insult that, no doubt, you would never have the balls - not to mention the lack of manners - to say to his face.

Coming from someone who would never speak to others face in real life as you do on the internet, you would know.

Avatar is much closer to his real persona I'd be willing to bet.

My guess is you are a nice person in real life. He is both.

retiredman
08-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Coming from someone who would never speak to others face in real life as you do on the internet, you would know.

Avatar is much closer to his real persona I'd be willing to bet.

My guess is you are a nice person in real life. He is both.

If I were to meet RSR on the street, and he said the things to me that he has said here, I would absolutely speak to him in precisely the same way that I do here.

I AM a nice person... my church passed up the opportunity to hire several ordained ministers trained in interim ministry in order to call me to the pulpit. I don't talk politics with my parishioners, although all of them know that I have a prior career in Maine politics and I am a fiercely partisan democrat who writes scathing guest editorials in our newspaper. That does not mean that I am not a nice person. As I said, my parishioners love me, I have many friends, three adoring children, and a wonderful wife.

My guess is, if this were a liberal message board filled with like minded liberals, everyone here would think I was nice and would neg rep YOU all day long. ;)

08-18-2008, 03:13 PM

57 states is the sign of a smart man?

"Above my pay grade" is the sign of a smart man?

And I don't plan to ever be in the same room as the man. However, if i felt the desire to tell him i thought he was making stupid choices, I would.

I don't think the man is intelligent. Does that make him stupid? well thats debatable. But citing his position as an editor of the law journal isnt going to convince me that he is intelligent.

Sir Evil
08-18-2008, 03:14 PM

:lol::lol:

retiredman
08-18-2008, 03:20 PM
57 states is the sign of a smart man?

"Above my pay grade" is the sign of a smart man?

And I don't plan to ever be in the same room as the man. However, if i felt the desire to tell him i thought he was making stupid choices, I would.

I don't think the man is intelligent. Does that make him stupid? well thats debatable. But citing his position as an editor of the law journal isnt going to convince me that he is intelligent.

"57 states" is a verbal slip. you and I both know that he knows how many states there are.

"above my paygrade" is a very good answer. As I said, no one can know when human life begins...no one can know when the embryo becomes a "person".... only God.... and God is certainly above MY paygrade.

And trust me...I don't think that Obama really gives a shit if YOU think he's not intelligent. Good politicians know that there are some votes that you don't bother trying to get.

08-18-2008, 03:24 PM
"57 states" is a verbal slip. you and I both know that he knows how many states there are.

"above my paygrade" is a very good answer. As I said, no one can know when human life begins...no one can know when the embryo becomes a "person".... only God.... and God is certainly above MY paygrade.

And trust me...I don't think that Obama really gives a shit if YOU think he's not intelligent. Good politicians know that there are some votes that you don't bother trying to get.

It was a cop out and you know it. And whats more everyone else knows it. You are the only person Ive seen even trying to defend his position.

And i doubt Obama cares what anyone thinks of him as long as they give him the power he craves. After all he certainly doesnt give a damn about anyone else.

retiredman
08-18-2008, 03:32 PM
It was a cop out and you know it. And whats more everyone else knows it. You are the only person Ive seen even trying to defend his position.

And i doubt Obama cares what anyone thinks of him as long as they give him the power he craves. After all he certainly doesnt give a damn about anyone else.

Listen asshole. don't fucking tell me what I know or don't know...OK?

I think his answer to the question of when are embryos people was a good one. THAT is what I think and what I KNOW..so don't fucking tell me otherwise. Are we clear on that?

Yurt
08-18-2008, 03:46 PM
being on the "preachers" ignore list is quite rewarding i see :dance:

red states rule
08-18-2008, 03:48 PM

I think his answer to the question of when are embryos people was a good one. THAT is what I think and what I KNOW..so don't fucking tell me otherwise. Are we clear on that?

Spoken like a true preacher. What is next from you"

GD America?

Kathianne
08-18-2008, 03:49 PM

Knock it off, totally unwarranted attack.

08-18-2008, 03:54 PM

Ill say whatever I want. This is the United States of America. You can't tell me what I can or can't say.

He copped out. Every single person who has seen the answer knows he did. He refused to answer the question.

So what are you going to do about it?

red states rule
08-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Ill say whatever I want. This is the United States of America. You can't tell me what I can or can't say.

He copped out. Every single person who has seen the answer knows he did. He refused to answer the question.

The preacher is rather testy toward us nonbelievers of his messiah.

Sitarro
08-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Obama, like the Duckbilled Platypus, proves GOD has an incredible sense of humor........ I'm sure he was laughing when he heard that lame ass reply from Obama.

red states rule
08-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Obama, like the Duckbilled Platypus, proves GOD has an incredible sense of humor........ I'm sure he was laughing when he heard that lame ass reply from Obama.

or shaking his head in disbelief

retiredman
08-18-2008, 04:58 PM

of course you can say whatever you want to say, but when you call ME a liar, I can tell you to go fuck yourself. that seems pretty easy to understand, eh?

red states rule
08-18-2008, 04:59 PM
of course you can say whatever you want to say, but when you call ME a liar, I can tell you to go fuck yourself. that seems pretty easy to understand, eh?

http://bp3.blogger.com/_1EEVs-lVKWE/R5hZBy22lyI/AAAAAAAAA6U/hmkyw6oAI_4/s400/baby+crying.jpg

08-18-2008, 05:24 PM

Say what you want. See, I don't care. You can call me whatever you want. It's not going to bother me because it's not true. I know who I am. I know my strengths and weaknesses. And what you think of me is not going to change the fact that Obama's answer is a cop out and a bad one at that.

As to whether you are a liar or not, I don't really care. It really doesnt matter to me. You are the one that has to live with yourself. You don't need me thinking you are all that to be happy.

retiredman
08-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Say what you want. See, I don't care. You can call me whatever you want. It's not going to bother me because it's not true. I know who I am. I know my strengths and weaknesses. And what you think of me is not going to change the fact that Obama's answer is a cop out and a bad one at that.

As to whether you are a liar or not, I don't really care. It really doesnt matter to me. You are the one that has to live with yourself. You don't need me thinking you are all that to be happy.
insults are just that. I rarely initiate insults but will usually respond to them. If you don't care about the collegial tone that our discussions might otherwise achieve, then I sure as hell don't either.

red states rule
08-18-2008, 05:31 PM
insults are just that. I rarely initiate insults but will usually respond to them. If you don't care about the collegial tone that our discussions might otherwise achieve, then I sure as hell don't either.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1407/542372225_90e50a4ac7.jpg?v=0

08-18-2008, 05:38 PM

Just so you know, when you cant stand talking to anyone without blowing up. It's not because everyone but you is acting badly.

Trigg
08-18-2008, 06:30 PM

Just so you know, this is why people question your being a pastor.

No one in this thread is cussing, except you.

Trigg
08-18-2008, 06:34 PM
His politics have been debated here, numerous times. His vote against medical care for babies born alive after an abortion. His assertion that he wants abortions to go down, but his voting record which is against all abortion limits.

The man talks out his ass and when confronted with a better debater........well McCain must have cheated.

They have no proof that McCain knew the questions. The MSM and Obama supporters are simply grasping at straws to explain why Obama didn't do better. IMO Obama stumbles every time he talks without notes or a prompter, now many times has he had to come back and REFINE what he meant to say?????????????????

I can think of at least 3 :laugh:

Yes, I'm quoting myself.

How many times has Obama had to come back and REFINE what he meant to say??????? He stumbles when he is not in front of a TelePrompTer or when he doesn't have a speech prepared. The man doesn't speak well "off the cuff".

Therefor it isn't surprising that McCain sounded better than him.

I'm waiting for them to debate, I think it will be a disaster for Obambam.

red states rule
08-18-2008, 06:36 PM

Well we do have Jeremiah Weight, Louis Farrakhan, and Father Father Michael Pfleger. MFM is following int heir footsteps

Trigg
08-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Well we do have Jeremiah Weight, Louis Farrakhan, and Father Father Michael Pfleger. MFM is following int heir footsteps

what an illustrious group that is :laugh2:

red states rule
08-18-2008, 06:39 PM
what an illustrious group that is :laugh2:

and MFM fits in their just fine. That is the type of "preacher" he really is

manu1959
08-18-2008, 06:42 PM

mfm thinks of it as speaking in tounges.............

Trigg
08-18-2008, 06:43 PM

Oh is that it :laugh2:

Maybe someone should offer him some Orbits gum (to clean up his filthy mouth)

red states rule
08-18-2008, 06:44 PM

He preaches mostly from the Book of Slurs, Insults, and Profanity

manu1959
08-18-2008, 06:45 PM
He preaches mostly from the Book of Slurs, Insults, and Profanity

the book of judas.....

red states rule
08-18-2008, 06:47 PM
the book of judas.....

to him, that is people like Joe Lieberman. He actually tells the truth about how he feels

An unforgivable sin to the "preacher"

retiredman
08-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Just so you know, when you cant stand talking to anyone without blowing up. It's not because everyone but you is acting badly.

like I said, I don't usually start the insults, but I am more than willing to reply.

red states rule
08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
like I said, I don't usually start the insults, but I am more than willing to reply.

Maybe you should read your Bible more. There are parts that cover turn the other cheek, compassion, understanding, and forgiveness

Trigg
08-18-2008, 07:03 PM

Yes, and your usually the first one to start cussing also.

Don't you preach against that????????????

retiredman
08-18-2008, 07:05 PM

I am not ordained. I am a licensed lay preacher in the UCC. I do not believe that "cussing" is something necessarily un-Christ-like.

red states rule
08-18-2008, 07:07 PM
I am not ordained. I am a licensed lay preacher in the UCC. I do not believe that "cussing" is something necessarily un-Christ-like.

Since you "preach" for the same outfit as Wright did, that does explain alot

Did he mentor you as well as Obama?

MtnBiker
08-18-2008, 07:09 PM
I do not believe that "cussing" is something necessarily un-Christ-like.

Is cussing Christ like or isn't it? A simple question.

I seriously doubt the answer will be given by a simple yes or no.

Yurt
08-18-2008, 07:12 PM
"Words Mean Things"

"For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."
[Matt. 12:37]

However, man often uses words for a much less noble cause. The Bible refers to them as "vain words" [Eph. 5:6], "lying words" [Jer. 29:23], "corrupt words" [Dan. 2:9], "enticing words" [1Cor. 2:4], etc. But whether noble or vain, "words mean things."

link

but don't let me say boo, for i am not able to throw the first stone :laugh2:

retiredman
08-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Is cussing Christ like or isn't it? A simple question.

I seriously doubt the answer will be given by a simple yes or no.
the simple answer: yes

now...a simple question from me:

do you think, when Jesus kicked the money changers out of the temple, he did so by saying, "Gosh...would you guys please pick up your stuff and leave? pretty please???" Or do you think he said something the equivalent of "You band of heathenous vipers get the HELL outa here!"???

red states rule
08-18-2008, 07:17 PM

do you think, when Jesus kicked the money changers out of the temple, he did so by saying, "Gosh...would you guys please pick up your stuff and leave? pretty please???" Or do you think he said something the equivalent of "You band of heathenous vipers get the HELL outa here!"???

Seems MFM is part of the Mad Old Preacher Party

http://www.humortimes.com/images/Preachers2-web.jpg

MtnBiker
08-18-2008, 07:21 PM

Oh without a doubt the son of God's vocabulary was unpersuasive and limited so to cause him to use vulgar language at the rate of a common sailor.

Using a curse word or using a plethora of curse words is not the same thing.

retiredman
08-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Oh without a doubt the son of God's vocabulary was unpersuasive and limited so to cause him to use vulgar language at the rate of a common sailor.

Using a curse word or using a plethora of curse words is not the same thing.
That's your opinion... I don't happen to share it.

I never take the Lord's name in vain.

so go fuck yourself.

got it?:laugh2:

Shadow
08-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Democrat code words...

Thoughtful = Lost and scrambling to think of an answer.

Nuance= Double speak and rambling.

retiredman
08-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Democrat code words...

Thoughtful = Lost and scrambling to think of an answer.

Nuance= Double speak and rambling.

blah blah blah.

what else ya got?:laugh2:

red states rule
08-18-2008, 08:52 PM
blah blah blah.

what else ya got?:laugh2:

At least he did not have to use profanity and insults to make his point as you usually do

retiredman
08-18-2008, 08:56 PM
RSR...I notice that you follow me around like a puppy always posting immediately after I do. I can only assume that it is some typically flatulent insult from you. You need to know that I have been quite vigilant in my efforts to ignore what you say...so if it IS more mundane insulting drivel from you, please realize that all I ever see is:

This message is hidden because red states rule is on your ignore list.

sorry. maybe you could spew your venom elsewhere.:laugh2:

red states rule
08-18-2008, 08:58 PM
RSR...I notice that you follow me around like a puppy always posting immediately after I do. I can only assume that it is some typically flatulent insult from you. You need to know that I have been quite vigilant in my efforts to ignore what you say...so if it IS more mundane insulting drivel from you, please realize that all I ever see is:

This message is hidden because red states rule is on your ignore list.

sorry. maybe you could spew your venom elsewhere.:laugh2:

09:53 PM manfrommaine Viewing Thread
Despite Assurances, McCain Wasn’t In A ‘Cone Of Silence’

You are reading them.

No1tovote4
08-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Way too much energy put into this, it begins to appear to me (didn't watch the interviews) that Obama's fans are attempting to cover up from a poor showing.

Was this broadcast somehow over the radio into his moving motorcade? Was the Secret Service and everybody lying about him moving from the motorcade to a holding room where they checked him in and where he had no access to sound? Could he have been "trying to hear through the walls" during that 30 minutes?

A serious waste of "outrage" from the left, it just makes Obama appear defensive over a good showing by McCain.

That being said, McCain would have done better to have simply let the "outrage" play and put out a statement showing how he had no access to the interview other than the two questions that the interviewer gave to both before the taping of the program.

Overplayed false outrage will not help Obama, nor will it help McCain. It's just silliness.

retiredman
08-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Way too much energy put into this, it begins to appear to me (didn't watch the interviews) that Obama's fans are attempting to cover up from a poor showing.

Was this broadcast somehow over the radio into his moving motorcade? Was the Secret Service and everybody lying about him moving from the motorcade to a holding room where they checked him in and where he had no access to sound? Could he have been "trying to hear through the walls" during that 30 minutes?

A serious waste of "outrage" from the left, it just makes Obama appear defensive over a good showing by McCain.

That being said, McCain would have done better to have simply let the "outrage" play and put out a statement showing how he had no access to the interview other than the two questions that the interviewer gave to both before the taping of the program.

Overplayed false outrage will not help Obama, nor will it help McCain. It's just silliness.

Damo...I have never suggested that McCan had some unfair advantage...other than the fact that he was being interviewed by the religious right and is pro-life. I have little doubt that he did not hear any questions beforehand... I only believe that the questioner and the audience were more in line with McCain than with Obama. I give Obama points for even showing up to such a venue. I doubt that McCain would show up to a question and answer session run by George Soros.

No1tovote4
08-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Damo...I have never suggested that McCan had some unfair advantage...other than the fact that he was being interviewed by the religious right and is pro-life. I have little doubt that he did not hear any questions beforehand... I only believe that the questioner and the audience were more in line with McCain than with Obama. I give Obama points for even showing up to such a venue. I doubt that McCain would show up to a question and answer session run by George Soros.
I was generally speaking of the reaction from both sides, not of your specific reaction. Yours seems realistic. Other than I don't think this guy is an equal of Soros, he didn't create a Billion-dollar organization in order to attempt to unseat the most unpopular President in a long while and still lose.

retiredman
08-18-2008, 09:18 PM
I was generally speaking of the reaction from both sides, not of your specific reaction. Yours seems realistic. Other than I don't think this guy is an equal of Soros, he didn't create a Billion-dollar organization in order to attempt to unseat the most unpopular President in a long while and still lose.

Take any hard core democratic organization then....Can you imagine McCain sitting down for a one hour interview with the head of the Teamster's Union, or the NEA or the NOW? OF course not... but yet Obama went into the lion's den of the religious right.... I give him major props for that.

emmett
08-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Take any hard core democratic organization then....Can you imagine McCain sitting down for a one hour interview with the head of the Teamster's Union, or the NEA or the NOW? OF course not... but yet Obama went into the lion's den of the religious right.... I give him major props for that.

But he wo't go on with hannity. And before you get started, I think Hannity is a blow hard propagandist.

retiredman
08-18-2008, 09:25 PM
But he wo't go on with hannity. And before you get started, I think Hannity is a blow hard propagandist.

who in their right mind would go on hannity?

If the goal is to enlighten people on your positions, hannity sheds enormous heat and almost zero light.

No1tovote4
08-18-2008, 09:31 PM
who in their right mind would go on hannity?

If the goal is to enlighten people on your positions, hannity sheds enormous heat and almost zero light.
It would pretty much be an equal to the Teamsters Union.

retiredman
08-18-2008, 09:36 PM
It would pretty much be an equal to the Teamsters Union.

what would be equal for McCain to a religious right minister?

No1tovote4
08-18-2008, 09:39 PM
what would be equal for McCain to a religious right minister?
MSNBC?

manu1959
08-18-2008, 09:44 PM
MSNBC?

the failed sportscaster would be fun....

retiredman
08-18-2008, 09:45 PM
IMHO, Olberman would eat McCain alive.

No1tovote4
08-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Only if he got fifteen takes for each question to show proper "outrage" and make sure he wasn't putting his finger in his coffee when he pointed at the desk.

red states rule
08-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Even DNC TV expressed their disappointment over Obama's performance

Shuster: Obama Lucky People Watched Phelps, Not Saddleback
By Mark Finkelstein (Bio | Archive)
August 18, 2008 - 21:38 ET

Not that there was any doubt that McCain walked away the winner from Rick Warren's forum, but when David Shuster cracks that Obama was lucky not too many people were watching . . . Subbing for Chris Matthews on this evening's Hardball, Shuster kibitzed Saddleback with Dem Steve McMahon and Republican Todd Harris. Shuster made his surprising remark at segment end.

DAVID SHUSTER: I think it also revealed that John McCain's going to be a much better debater than a lot of people think. And maybe also in some sense, Barack Obama is lucky in a way that Saturday night was Michael Phelps' night and not a night when a lot of people were paying attention to politics.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/08/18/shuster-obama-lucky-people-watching-phelps-not-saddleback

theHawk
08-19-2008, 08:33 AM

He's done that everytime he talks with CNN or MSNBC.

And why would you call the religious folks a "lion's den"? Because they expose how un-Christian Obama's policies are? Thats somehow their fault, and not Obama's?

theHawk
08-19-2008, 08:36 AM
IMHO, Olberman would eat McCain alive.

I'm sure he would try given the chance, he quite literally is a foaming at the mouth liberal.

Everyday he gives some hate-filled rant about McCain, and nothing but praise for Obama. He is probably a bigger partisan hack than even you.

retiredman
08-19-2008, 08:36 AM
He's done that everytime he talks with CNN or MSNBC.

And why would you call the religious folks a "lion's den"? Because they expose how un-Christian Obama's policies are? Thats somehow their fault, and not Obama's?

Of course, it is no one's FAULT. They merely are an audience that has traditionally been less than supportive of democrats. To march into such a forum took guts, IMO. As I said, I doubt that McCain would allow himself to be questioned for a solid hour on national television by George Soros.

darin
08-19-2008, 08:57 AM
That's your opinion... I don't happen to share it.

I never take the Lord's name in vain.

so go fuck yourself.

got it?:laugh2:

That 3rd line was SERIOUSLY uncalled-for. mfm banned from thread pending discussion w/ staff.

Shadow
08-20-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm sure he would try given the chance, he quite literally is a foaming at the mouth liberal.

Everyday he gives some hate-filled rant about McCain, and nothing but praise for Obama. He is probably a bigger partisan hack than even you.

Possibly but he speaks better.:coffee:

Psychoblues
08-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Even than "hawk"?

Possibly but he speaks better.:coffee:

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute::