PDA

View Full Version : Attorney General tells Lies and fails to uphold his promises

Psychoblues
03-12-2007, 05:00 PM
It comes as absolutely no surprise to me.

“During the hearing on his nomination as attorney general, Alberto Gonzales said he understood the difference between the job he held - President Bush's in-house lawyer - and the job he wanted, which was to represent all Americans as their chief law enforcement officer and a key defender of the Constitution. Two years later, it is obvious Mr. Gonzales does not have a clue about the difference.

He has never stopped being consigliere to Mr. Bush’s imperial presidency. If anyone, outside Mr. Bush's rapidly shrinking circle of enablers, still had doubts about that, the events of last week should have erased them.

First, there was Mr. Gonzales's lame op-ed article in USA Today trying to defend the obviously politically motivated firing of eight United States attorneys, which he dismissed as an "overblown personnel matter." Then his inspector general exposed the way the Federal Bureau of Investigation has been abusing yet another unnecessary new power that Mr. Gonzales helped wring out of the Republican-dominated Congress in the name of fighting terrorism.

The F.B.I. has been using powers it obtained under the Patriot Act to get financial, business and telephone records of Americans by issuing tens of thousands of "national security letters," a euphemism for warrants that are issued without any judicial review or avenue of appeal. The administration said that, as with many powers it has arrogated since the 9/11 attacks, this radical change was essential to fast and nimble antiterrorism efforts, and it promised to police the use of the letters carefully.”

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/11/opinion/11sun1.html?_r=4&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

As with most of the bush appointees, they have no qualms with lying in the face of pointed questioning by those seeking information and leading to confirmation or not.

03-12-2007, 08:01 PM
I wonder if you were this incensed when the Clinton administration fired all of the attorneys for political purposes.

Psychoblues
03-13-2007, 12:19 AM
I don't recall any of that!!!! What attorneys? What Political purposes? What in the name of the American Christ are you talking about? Please link it or at least reference it!!!!!!!!

I wonder if you were this incensed when the Clinton administration fired all of the attorneys for political purposes.

I'm not incensed. In fact, I'm not even surprised. What gave you that impression?

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Off Topic -

nevadamedic
08-27-2007, 05:48 PM
I don't recall any of that!!!! What attorneys? What Political purposes? What in the name of the American Christ are you talking about? Please link it or at least reference it!!!!!!!!

I'm not incensed. In fact, I'm not even surprised. What gave you that impression?

Thge 93+ Republican US Attorneys that Clinton canned because of political affiliation.

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 05:52 PM
yeap he did that and then Bush did that too.

These attorneys were Bush appointees which were then fired for not prosicuting false voter fraud cases by Dems and For prosicuting Rs like Cunningham for real life fraud.

Carol Lamm is the attorney they fired and she got Cunningham and was about to go after Foggio when they canned her.

nevadamedic
08-27-2007, 05:55 PM

These attorneys were Bush appointees which were then fired for not prosicuting false voter fraud cases by Dems and For prosicuting Rs like Cunningham for real life fraud.

Carol Lamm is the attorney they fired and she got Cunningham and was about to go after Foggio when they canned her.

I didn't see you guys throwing fits when Clinton did it but you do it when President Bush does, can we say Hipocracy?

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I didn't see you guys throwing fits when Clinton did it but you do it when President Bush does, can we say Hipocracy?

He did not do what Bush did , when Bush first fired all the attorneys I did not say a word.

Its when he fired his own appointees for not obsturcting justice like he wanted them to that I complained along with any person who cares about Justice.

nevadamedic
08-27-2007, 06:00 PM
He did not do what Bush did , when Bush first fired all the attorneys I did not say a word.

Its when he fired his own appointees for not obsturcting justice like he wanted them to that I complained along with any person who cares about Justice.

Actually what Clinton did was 10 times worse. Typically with Clinton if you went against him you would end up dead.

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Actually what Clinton did was 10 times worse. Typically with Clinton if you went against him you would end up dead.

He was the most investigated presidetn in history and they found nothing to get him for so they tried to make a big case about him lying to save his marriage.

You have no proof of any of the silly claims do you?

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Continuation from another thread- off topic

darin
08-27-2007, 06:08 PM
He was the most investigated presidetn in history and they found nothing to get him for so they tried to make a big case about him lying to save his marriage.

Lessee - he was barred from practice for 5 years. He lied under oath...WhiteWater mean anything to you?

OCA
So what, who cares?

They got shitcanned, doesn't matter what he shitcanned them for, its the man's perogative.

Nothing will come of this, the man will derve out his term and then ride off into the sunset, no underlings will be prosecuted for this.

nevadamedic

One of his top advisors who just happened to be having an affair with Hillary for years(Her law partner). He gave his resignation to President Clinton then he is found dead. The Attorney General had the cause of death ruled as a suicide and the investigation cut. However the FBI agents who were on scene said there was no way it was a suicide.

hjmick
08-27-2007, 06:10 PM

Here you go:

...At the time, Jay Stephens, then U.S. Attorney in the District of Columbia, was investigating then Ways and Means Chairman Dan Rostenkowski, and was "within 30 days" of making a decision on an indictment. Mr. Rostenkowski, who was shepherding the Clinton's economic program through Congress, eventually went to jail on mail fraud charges and was later pardoned by Mr. Clinton.

Also at the time, allegations concerning some of the Clintons' Whitewater dealings were coming to a head. By dismissing all 93 U.S. Attorneys at once, the Clintons conveniently cleared the decks to appoint "Friend of Bill" Paula Casey as the U.S. Attorney for Little Rock. Ms. Casey never did bring any big Whitewater indictments, and she rejected information from another FOB, David Hale, on the business practices of the Arkansas elite including Mr. Clinton. When it comes to "politicizing" Justice, in short, the Bush White House is full of amateurs compared to the Clintons.

The Hubbell Standard (http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110009784)

Though, in fairness, Casey's predecessor was also reluctant to do anything about Whitewater.

nevadamedic
08-27-2007, 06:10 PM

Or what about the numorous people who spoke oout publically about him who got a little visit by the IRS shortly after. You'll remember one name, Paula Jones........

OCA
08-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Lessee - he was barred from practice for 5 years. He lied under oath...WhiteWater mean anything to you?

Actually Bubba can never practice law in Arkansas again plus he paid out a hefty settlement amount(on the backs of the taxpayer) to Paula Jones for the rape...errrrr...."sexual harrassment" of her. I think plenty was found on the adulterer-in-chief.

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Actually Bubba can never practice law in Arkansas again plus he paid out a hefty settlement amount(on the backs of the taxpayer) to Paula Jones for the rape...errrrr...."sexual harrassment" of her. I think plenty was found on the adulterer-in-chief.

How much was that settlement?

darin
08-27-2007, 06:19 PM
If it was AFTER Ms. Jones' nose-job, it was probably a LOT more than before.

hjmick
08-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Or what about the numorous people who spoke oout publically about him who got a little visit by the IRS shortly after. You'll remember one name, Paula Jones........

Oh hell, that's small time.

Check out THE CLINTON BODY-COUNT (http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/BODIES.html), that's some scary shit.

Similar vein: Clinton Body Count (http://www.zpub.com/un/un-bc-body.html)

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Documents show that eight congressional leaders were briefed about the Bush administration’s terrorist surveillance program on the eve of its expiration in 2004, contradicting sworn Senate testimony by Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

The man lied to the American people and you support him and want to talk unfounded stories 10 years old?

08-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Thge 93+ Republican US Attorneys that Clinton canned because of political affiliation.

More to the the point. the 93 he fired so he could bury investigations into him

darin
08-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Documents show that eight congressional leaders were briefed about the Bush administration’s terrorist surveillance program on the eve of its expiration in 2004, contradicting sworn Senate testimony by Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

The man lied to the American people and you support him and want to talk unfounded stories 10 years old?

Translation:

You can't explain your erotic-love for all things Liberal, Democrat, and False. Therefore, you won't address the point - you'll try to dismiss it with ridicule.

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 08:03 PM
More to the the point. the 93 he fired so he could bury investigations into him

Are you aware the action of firing all attorneys when you come in and the last admin was the opposite party?

08-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Are you aware the action of firing all attorneys when you come in and the last admin was the opposite party?

Bill Clinton was the first and only President to do so.

And He did so in order to bury investigations into his criminal activities.

If that isnt obstruction, I dont know what is.

President Bush fired several (most of whom were holdovers) who were not investigating cases as they should.

Which sounds more justified?

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 08:35 PM
One of his top advisors who just happened to be having an affair with Hillary for years(Her law partner). He gave his resignation to President Clinton then he is found dead. The Attorney General had the cause of death ruled as a suicide and the investigation cut. However the FBI agents who were on scene said there was no way it was a suicide.

Congress, and Independent Counsels Robert B. Fiske and Kenneth Starr all concluded Foster committed suicide.

nevadamedic
08-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Congress, and Independent Counsels Robert B. Fiske and Kenneth Starr all concluded Foster committed suicide.

:laugh2: Given the evidence that they were presented. Who would shoot themselves in the neck to commit suicide? Also the proved that the suicide not was a fake so tell me why would someone forge a suicide note? C'mon think of a good lie now........ Oh yea I almost forgot, what abouot the person who found the body and checked to see if he was ok? Their testimony was that there was absolutly no gun at the scene but the Justice Department said there was a gun in this persons hand, do explain that one................

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 09:06 PM

What was the result of the white water investigation?

nevadamedic
08-27-2007, 09:09 PM
What was the result of the white water investigation?

A massive cover up and murder.

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah and Ken Star was paid off huh?

nevadamedic
08-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Yeah and Ken Star was paid off huh?

Possibly actually probably.

truthmatters
08-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Got any proof or that is just what you want to believe?

OCA
08-28-2007, 05:15 AM
How much was that settlement?

I believe in the neighborhood of 3-400,000.

truthmatters
08-28-2007, 08:24 AM
http://tinyurl.com/3b45p

It was 850,000 and paula got 200,000 from the settlement.

A settlement is not an admission of guilt it is a stop sueing me and I will give you money agreement.

hjmick
08-28-2007, 09:46 AM
http://tinyurl.com/3b45p

It was 850,000 and paula got 200,000 from the settlement.

A settlement is not an admission of guilt it is a stop sueing me and I will give you money agreement.

Yeah, okay, and Senator Craig's guilty plea to disorderly conduct in a Minnesota court was merely a means to get back to work, not an admission that he was desperately seeking men in an airport restroom.

truthmatters
08-28-2007, 10:22 AM
could be unless you believe what the cop wrote

truthmatters
08-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Bill Clinton was the first and only President to do so.

And He did so in order to bury investigations into his criminal activities.

If that isnt obstruction, I dont know what is.

President Bush fired several (most of whom were holdovers) who were not investigating cases as they should.

Which sounds more justified?

Here this article should clear it up for you.http://archpundit.com/blog/2007/03/14/lying-liars/

You See in it it has the a copy and the links which show documents from the Reagan admin and the current Bush admin that talk about firing all 93 of the attorenys nd how comman it it to do so and then they did it.

You see it was commna pratcie and they were right about that.

What is not comman is to then Fire your own appointees for not making political prosicutions or making prosicutions which harm the Republican party.

That is Obstruction of Justice ad is Illegal even for a President to do.

truthmatters
08-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah, okay, and Senator Craig's guilty plea to disorderly conduct in a Minnesota court was merely a means to get back to work, not an admission that he was desperately seeking men in an airport restroom.

Well it shows very poor judgement on his part if he was innocent he should have never plead guity.

I would never have plead quilty to somehting I did not do would you?

Psychoblues
08-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Very sad commentary regardless the subject. Whether it's the Attorney Geneneral Of The United States Of America or some closeted male dick licking Republican Senator from Idaho, it's all relative. Lies is lies and coverup is coverup. As Americans I think we can do beter.

nevadamedic
08-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Very sad commentary regardless the subject. Whether it's the Attorney Geneneral Of The United States Of America or some closeted male dick licking Republican Senator from Idaho, it's all relative. Lies is lies and coverup is coverup. As Americans I think we can do beter.

It's funny how yo will defend gay people across this board but when you insult someone it is refering to them as being gay in one way or another, can you say hipocrit?

Psychoblues
08-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Do you have anything to back up the horse shit you just espoused or are you doing as usual and spouting just to be heard?

It's funny how yo will defend gay people across this board but when you insult someone it is refering to them as being gay in one way or another, can you say hipocrit?

You are a queer character, nm.

nevadamedic
08-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Do you have anything to back up the horse shit you just espoused or are you doing as usual and spouting just to be heard?

Thanks for proving my point Erkel.

Psychoblues
08-30-2007, 10:16 PM
So all that bullshit that you espoused is bullshit as I expected?

Thanks for proving my point Erkel.

Prove your own pointless attack and we will all see about the truth of your allegations and repetitions from thus far un-named and un-linked sources. Link your bullshit about me, quote your bullshit about me or just shut the fuck up about me.

nevadamedic
08-31-2007, 02:17 AM

Once again talking about your beloved Gay people negativly to insult someone I see Mr. Hippocritical Liar.

Psychoblues
08-31-2007, 02:41 AM
Nay, I'm just asking you to prove your statements which are all lies or to prove anything I have said that you consider a lie.

Once again talking about your beloved Gay people negativly to insult someone I see Mr. Hippocritical Liar.

Why are you so fixated on hard dicks and come down your throat bullshit, nm?!?!???!!?!?!?!?!?! I can only surmise that your bathroom encounters have not been very successful for you.

nevadamedic
08-31-2007, 02:50 AM
Nay, I'm just asking you to prove your statements which are all lies or to prove anything I have said that you consider a lie.

Why are you so fixated on hard dicks and come down your throat bullshit, nm?!?!???!!?!?!?!?!?! I can only surmise that your bathroom encounters have not been very successful for you.

Your the one who keeps talking about disgusting BS like that...............

Gunny
08-31-2007, 05:28 AM

:tinfoil:

Psychoblues
09-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Maybe that's the only way you can get it up, nm. I don't know about you.

Your the one who keeps talking about disgusting BS like that...............

Have you talked to your doctor about your problem?