PDA

View Full Version : Miles Electric Vehicles

Yurt
08-19-2008, 08:53 PM
To expound upon electric or next generation autos, i thought i would share this company. seems realistic to me and very doable. i like the "worker bee" aspect of the vehicles and the small sedan realistic aspect. do cars like this, unlike psycho's thread, have a true chance of becoming mainstream? not that psycho's car doesn't, but these seem to be already produced and easily capable of being distributed to a wide market soon.

http://www.milesev.com/#

Psychoblues
08-20-2008, 01:38 AM
That's mighty white of you, yuk, speakin' so kind about my thread and all, but I think I've about joined with some of the other posters there and decided the car is a hoax. Not that your's is, I'm just sayin'!??!?!?!?!?!

To expound upon electric or next generation autos, i thought i would share this company. seems realistic to me and very doable. i like the "worker bee" aspect of the vehicles and the small sedan realistic aspect. do cars like this, unlike psycho's thread, have a true chance of becoming mainstream? not that psycho's car doesn't, but these seem to be already produced and easily capable of being distributed to a wide market soon.

http://www.milesev.com/#

We certainly need a good, viable, reliable and green alternative to the maintenance intensive and fuel guzzlin' excuses we presently call transportation!!!!!!! I think electric power will see the light of day,,,,finally, but we've got a bit to go yet. I just saw an article on Charlie Rose tonight about the GM Volt that is scheduled for production in the 2010 model year. That means in about a year from now!!!!! But, I can already see some problems with it. #1, it only has about a 40 mile range before the very underpowered gas engine kicks in to start the generator to charge the batteries that drive the wheels to move the vehicle. With all that just for #1 do I need to go on to #2 with you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously though, yuk, we will someday have good and very competent electric vehicles all over our roads. I just wish they had begun in earnest the technology and research 25 years ago!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again, man!!!!!!!!!

Later, alligator!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
08-20-2008, 03:07 AM
That's mighty white of you, yuk, speakin' so kind about my thread and all, but I think I've about joined with some of the other posters there and decided the car is a hoax. Not that your's is, I'm just sayin'!??!?!?!?!?!

We certainly need a good, viable, reliable and green alternative to the maintenance intensive and fuel guzzlin' excuses we presently call transportation!!!!!!! I think electric power will see the light of day,,,,finally, but we've got a bit to go yet. I just saw an article on Charlie Rose tonight about the GM Volt that is scheduled for production in the 2010 model year. That means in about a year from now!!!!! But, I can already see some problems with it. #1, it only has about a 40 mile range before the very underpowered gas engine kicks in to start the generator to charge the batteries that drive the wheels to move the vehicle. With all that just for #1 do I need to go on to #2 with you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously though, yuk, we will someday have good and very competent electric vehicles all over our roads. I just wish they had begun in earnest the technology and research 25 years ago!!!!!!!!!

Later, alligator!!!!!!!!

Tesla Motors is here, now. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, 220 miles on a charge, beautiful. They are planning on ramping up production to 100 a month by December. This roadster is their first car with a sedan to follow.

http://www.teslamotors.com/

Yurt
08-20-2008, 11:25 AM

Later, alligator!!!!!!!!

good points

Psychoblues
08-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, zero, but isn't the Tesla vehicle still estimated to retail in the $100,000 plus range? Even though I am a huge fan of the old Nickoli Tesla technology and electrical ideology, I don't think this new generation is in the same league as the old man!!!!!!!!!

Tesla Motors is here, now. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, 220 miles on a charge, beautiful. They are planning on ramping up production to 100 a month by December. This roadster is their first car with a sedan to follow.

http://www.teslamotors.com/

I often wonder?!?!?!?!?!?! Just how much did Nickoli take to his grave with him?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? His tower of power, electricity from the air just like radio, his thoughts on electrical generation and transmission, his pump/compressor mechanical design, and on and on!!!!!! The man was quite simply way beyond his time!!!!!!!! It's too damned bad he was such a reclusive type and even worse that ol' moneybags T. Edison just despised him even though Edison stole all of his very best publically known ideas and inventions!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing, zero!!!!!!!!! I had forgotten about the Tesla entry!!!!!!!

Later, alligator

Sitarro
08-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, zero, but isn't the Tesla vehicle still estimated to retail in the $100,000 plus range? Even though I am a huge fan of the old Nickoli Tesla technology and electrical ideology, I don't think this new generation is in the same league as the old man!!!!!!!!!

I often wonder?!?!?!?!?!?! Just how much did Nickoli take to his grave with him?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? His tower of power, electricity from the air just like radio, his thoughts on electrical generation and transmission, his pump/compressor mechanical design, and on and on!!!!!! The man was quite simply way beyond his time!!!!!!!! It's too damned bad he was such a reclusive type and even worse that ol' moneybags T. Edison just despised him even though Edison stole all of his very best publically known ideas and inventions!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing, zero!!!!!!!!! I had forgotten about the Tesla entry!!!!!!!

Later, alligator

Thanks sycho, I've been watching these guys for some time, they had this idea for awhile but hasn't been able to get a battery design down..... I guess they have it now. Yes they are 100 grand but they are also being hand built, once they get a full production line going the price should drop.

I read that they came out the roadster to get some attention from the car mags but they are also planning a sedan in the future. I would imagine Honda and Toyota have their own that they will disassemble and use the better ideas. This is the year it really gets started, who knows what will be out by next year or 5 years from now.

Sitarro
08-20-2008, 01:21 PM
I want to see how the Volt works, some test in the real world before I make a decision. When on the highway, does it use less juice? I drive 20 miles each way from work so I could theoretically never buy gas. What if you can plug it in while you are at work? I can't believe GM will put this thing out if it isn't "real world" usable.

Psychoblues
08-20-2008, 04:13 PM
You are exactly the buyer/driver GM is targeting, zero!!!!! That is their figure, 40 mile round trip type customer!!!!!

I want to also point out, as I have in the past, I own a '97 36 volt electric Club Car golf cart that I drive in my neighborhood every day. Practically everybody in this neighborhood has golf carts and we all cruise the neighborhood and even go to adjoining neighborhoods via private roadways.

I charge my golf cart about every 3 weeks and I have checked it on a meter and can tell you that it costs me about 40 cents in electricity to fully charge it!!!!!! My neighbors that have gas rigs spend a dollar or two in gas every time they take a little cruise!!!!!!! Plus, the gas rigs always need some kind of work to keep them running!!!!!!! Electric is the only way to go in the golf cart thing and I know as electric autos achieve the goals and solve the outstanding problems they will also be the only way to go in the near future, I hope, I hope, I hope!!!!!!

I want to see how the Volt works, some test in the real world before I make a decision. When on the highway, does it use less juice? I drive 20 miles each way from work so I could theoretically never buy gas. What if you can plug it in while you are at work? I can't believe GM will put this thing out if it isn't "real world" usable.

The GM CEO, Mr. ****, I believe, says that GM is staking their future on this automobile and there are no outstanding problems and the vehicle will be ready for the 2010 model year.

And, you are correct. Honda and Toyota will not be far behind and will catch and surpass the Volt very quickly!!!! Toyota is presently building a new plant in Tupelo, Mississippi and I understand that plant will be the point of Toyota focus in electric vehicle technology.

Ain't it funny how Ford, GM and Chrysler are closing plants in the USA and moving them overseas while the folks like Toyota, Honda, Volkswagen, BMW and others are building new plants in the USA?!?!??!?!?!?!? Perhaps the old standby bitch from the CEO's about American labor and Unions being to tough to handle is being misrepresented!!!!!! UAW is not having many problems organizing the new foreign owned plants and most of them welcome the organization!!!!!! They are already accustomed to labor/management partnerships!!!!!!!!

Later, Alligator!!!!!!!

Sitarro
08-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Which one do you drive Sych? I'm betting on the last one.:laugh2:

Psychoblues
08-20-2008, 08:13 PM
And you win the multi-million coupon discount prize, my friend!!!!!!!!

Which one do you drive Sych? I'm betting on the last one.:laugh2:

Actually, that last one is a Club Car, probably in the '90's vintage, but way too tricked up for a quiet, neighborly soul like myself, can you dig it? I drive a straight from the factory 2 seater, stock wheels, stock top and stock Forest Green color!!!!!!!! Mine even still has the golf bag brackets on the back but I intend to put a rear seat, approximately $450, option on it when I can gather up the bread to do it!!!!!!! No hurry though, My next door neighbor has an 8 passenger Club Car limo that I use whenever I need it to show off the community to my guests!!!!!!!!

I'll catch you on the upbeat, my friend!!!!!!!!

Later, Alligator

Psychoblues
08-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks, yuk!!!!!

good points

Can I buy you a drink in the Lounge?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? How about the Psychoblues For Dummies thread? See ya there or be square, my friend!!!!!

Do The Bluebells Ever Bloom In Alabama: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Psychoblues
09-11-2008, 02:59 AM
Damn, I felt like the converse was going good there for just a bit!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

emmett
09-11-2008, 09:15 PM
My answer has been the same since the seventies. I ride a 1978 Harley Davidson FXE. It gets 67 mpg, always has, always will. While it does produce a wonderful "electrifying" sound as it accelerates it is most enviornmentally friendly putting off almost no particulate matter what so ever because I keep it in top tune.

My twin high four Crane dual plug ignition burns everything in the combustion chamber thereby leaving relatively nothing to shoot out the pipes. Since I use Lucas instead of oil I don't have alot of "lay around" in the cylinders which contributes to this also.

I've been green for a long time!

Psychoblues
09-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Uh, emmie..........That particular 1200 cc shovelhead assrag of an excuse for a scooter gets 39 mpg tops. There are many that get only in the 30 to 35 mpg range even in top tuning performance. Your claim for 67 mpg is not achieved by many 90 to 125 cc much more efficient running metric bikes.

My answer has been the same since the seventies. I ride a 1978 Harley Davidson FXE. It gets 67 mpg, always has, always will. While it does produce a wonderful "electrifying" sound as it accelerates it is most enviornmentally friendly putting off almost no particulate matter what so ever because I keep it in top tune.

My twin high four Crane dual plug ignition burns everything in the combustion chamber thereby leaving relatively nothing to shoot out the pipes. Since I use Lucas instead of oil I don't have alot of "lay around" in the cylinders which contributes to this also.

I've been green for a long time!

Maybe you're getting it confused with your old 50 cc Sears Cruisaire?!?!?!?!??!

Psychoblues
09-13-2008, 01:44 AM
On second thought, emmie, no disrespect intended.