PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Moves Further Left

red states rule
08-20-2008, 05:52 AM
This is how DNC TV responds after being called on their biased election coverage toward Obama

They give a prime time show to a liberal moonbat from Air America

Only problem is, nobody tunes into DNC TV and Ms Maddow will be up against Hannity and Colmes :laugh2:

Rachel Maddow to Replace Dan Abrams on MSNBC

Just in time for the closing rush of the presidential election, MSNBC is shaking up its prime-time programming lineup, removing the long-time host –- and one-time general manager of the network — Dan Abrams from his 9 p.m. program and replacing him with Rachel Maddow, who has emerged as a favored political commentator for the all-news cable channel.

The moves, which were confirmed by MSNBC executives Tuesday, are expected to be finalized by Wednesday, with Mr. Abrams’s last program on Thursday. After MSNBC’s extensive coverage of the two political conventions during the next two weeks, Ms. Maddow will begin her program on Sept. 8.

MSNBC is highlighting the date, 9/8/08, connecting it to the start of the Olympics on 8/8/08, as a way to signal what the network’s president, Phil Griffin, said “will be the final leg of the political race this year.” He added, “We making that Rachel’s debut.”

http://tvdecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/19/rachel-maddow-to-replace-dan-abrams-on-msnbc/

midcan5
08-20-2008, 06:03 AM
I find her refreshing sometimes, she's not afraid to tackle some of the tough topics. But I don't think any of MSM is left politically, I have yet to see the kind of critical coverage of working people's lives, of the poor, or of the abuses of corporate America that would define media as being to the left. When I see the hardships Barbara Ehrenreich writes about on local TV, I'll agree it is slightly left of center.

http://www.barbaraehrenreich.com/

Unemployed, underemployed or anxiously employed? Join us to work for change at www.unitedprofessionals.org.

www.workinglife.org:
A blog discussing the current state of the world of work

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

red states rule
08-20-2008, 06:06 AM
I find her refreshing sometimes, she's not afraid to tackle some of the tough topics. But I don't think any of MSM is left politically, I have yet to see the kind of critical coverage of working people's lives, of the poor, or of the abuses of corporate America that would define media as being to the left. When I see the hardships Barbara Ehrenreich writes about on local TV, I'll agree it is slightly left of center.

http://www.barbaraehrenreich.com/

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

You would not see a bais. Being a liberal moonbat you see the coverage as reasonable. The rest of the coutry tunes out DNC TV, and they respond by adding another liberal moonbat to their lineup

DNC TV does believe in diversity however

They have liberals, liberal hacks, and liberal moonbats working for them

midcan5
08-20-2008, 06:20 AM
You would not see a bais. Being a liberal moonbat you see the coverage as reasonable. The rest of the coutry tunes out DNC TV, and they respond by adding another liberal moonbat to their lineup

Saying that doesn't make it so - give me a solid example of a left wing position. I don't even see a 'left' any longer in America today? Maybe Bernie Sanders or Ralph Nader could qualify. When is the last time a leftist appeared on MSM? Ever see Zinn, Chomsky, Jensen, Wolf? I never do, if it wasn't for cspan there would be no critical thought on TV. And I have to add 60 Minutes to that as once in while they do cover a tough subject.

red states rule
08-20-2008, 06:24 AM
Saying that doesn't make it so - give me a solid example of a left wing position. I don't even see a 'left' any longer in America today? Maybe Bernie Sanders or Ralph Nader could qualify. When is the last time a leftist appeared on MSM? Ever see Zinn, Chomsky, Jensen, Wolf? I never do, if it wasn't for cspan there would be no critical thought on TV. And I have to add 60 Minutes to that as once in while they do cover a tough subject.

Try the following

Higher taxes, more government spending, Dems wanting governemnt run healthcare, and taking over oil companies

Look at my thread on why the election is so close. if the elcection was held today Obama would LOSE

People are seeing Obama for what he is - a tax and spend liberal and they are rejecting it

midcan5
08-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Try the following

Higher taxes, more government spending, Dems wanting governemnt run healthcare, and taking over oil companies

Look at my thread on why the election is so close. if the elcection was held today Obama would LOSE

People are seeing Obama for what he is - a tax and spend liberal and they are rejecting it

Huh? I think your values are a bit skewed, those same things could be defined as centrist things or even Christian things, we need to take care of our world and taxes do that, we need to take care of healthcare to support business and people, we need to care for the needy, we exist for a mere second in time, why not do good things. People left on their own do some good things but progress is slow and often marked by great controversy. Think Lincoln - FDR - LBJ.

red states rule
08-20-2008, 06:34 AM
Huh? I think your values are a bit skewed, those same things could be defined as centrist things or even Christian things, we need to take care of our world and taxes do that, we need to take care of healthcare to support business and people, we need to care for the needy, we exist for a mere second in time, why not do good things. People left on their own do some good things but progress is slow and often marked by great controversy. Think Lincoln - FDR - LBJ.

Lets see, over the last 40 years we have had over $9 trillion in wealth transfers from the producers to the non producers

Libs tell us things have never been worse - and we need to have more wealth transfers

The top 1% pay 40% of the federal income taxes while making only 18% of the money. Libs tell us they are under taxed and need to pay more

The annual Federal budget is now over $3 trillion, and libs say it os not enough and the government has to spend more

I am seeing a pattern here. So are the voters and they are rejecting it

That is why Obama is now losing the election

Kathianne
08-20-2008, 07:04 AM

But it's not in our system to be 'Christian' regarding government decisions. The 'church' should do what they do; the government should do what they are to do. We do not need the government in healthcare or to take care of the 'needy', the job of the government is to provide the infrastructure, (at the appropriate level of government), and allow for the economy to be as strong as possible so that people are able to care for themselves and take care of family members that cannot care for themselves, (the needy). For those without family there should be charitable institutions that are supported by the community, from the beginning of the country, there has not been a problem with that support, until the government started to 'take over' their roll.

red states rule
08-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Perhaps, DNC TV is trying to be more liberal then CNN. CNN has Jcak Off Cafferty going off on a daily basis

CNN's Jack Cafferty: McCain 'as Intellectually Shallow' as Bush
By Brent Baker (Bio | Archive)
August 20, 2008 - 02:35 ET

Delivering the ultimate liberal insult, in an online commentary posted Tuesday morning on CNNPolitics.com, CNN's Jack Cafferty charged that John McCain is as incompetent and incapable as President George W. Bush. “It occurs to me that John McCain is as intellectually shallow as our current President,” Cafferty felt compelled to share. “Bush goes bumbling along, grinning and spewing moronic one-liners, as though nobody understands what a colossal failure he has been,” Cafferty fretted before concluding: “I fear to the depth of my being that John McCain is just like him.”

What set off Cafferty? McCain's “shallow, simplistic and trite” answers during Saturday's Saddleback forum in which “he showed the same intellectual curiosity that George Bush has -- virtually none.” The contributor of “The Cafferty File” segments on The Situation Room complained in his posting: “Throughout the evening, McCain chose to recite portions of his stump speech as answers to the questions he was being asked. Why? He has lived 71 years. Surely he has some thoughts on what it all means that go beyond canned answers culled from the same speech he delivers every day.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/08/20/cnns-jack-cafferty-mccain-intellectually-shallow-bush

theHawk
08-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Perhaps, DNC TV is trying to be more liberal then CNN. CNN has Jcak Off Cafferty going off on a daily basis

CNN's Jack Cafferty: McCain 'as Intellectually Shallow' as Bush
August 20, 2008 - 02:35 ET

Delivering the ultimate liberal insult, in an online commentary posted Tuesday morning on CNNPolitics.com, CNN's Jack Cafferty charged that John McCain is as incompetent and incapable as President George W. Bush. “It occurs to me that John McCain is as intellectually shallow as our current President,” Cafferty felt compelled to share. “Bush goes bumbling along, grinning and spewing moronic one-liners, as though nobody understands what a colossal failure he has been,” Cafferty fretted before concluding: “I fear to the depth of my being that John McCain is just like him.”

What set off Cafferty? McCain's “shallow, simplistic and trite” answers during Saturday's Saddleback forum in which “he showed the same intellectual curiosity that George Bush has -- virtually none.” The contributor of “The Cafferty File” segments on The Situation Room complained in his posting: “Throughout the evening, McCain chose to recite portions of his stump speech as answers to the questions he was being asked. Why? He has lived 71 years. Surely he has some thoughts on what it all means that go beyond canned answers culled from the same speech he delivers every day.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/08/20/cnns-jack-cafferty-mccain-intellectually-shallow-bush

Its funny how if Bush stumbles in a speech or interview he is a bumbling moron, but if Barack does it he is "inward thinking" and "nuanced".

But Cafferty's attack shows the level of desparation the libs are at. They are losing when we compare experience, leadership skills, voting record, judgement, morality, and character. So that leaves them with a few options: play the race card, or in Cafferty's case make as baseless and unprovable attack on his intellectuality.

bullypulpit
08-20-2008, 09:52 AM
This is how DNC TV responds after being called on their biased election coverage toward Obama

They give a prime time show to a liberal moonbat from Air America

Only problem is, nobody tunes into DNC TV and Ms Maddow will be up against Hannity and Colmes :laugh2:

Rachel Maddow to Replace Dan Abrams on MSNBC

Just in time for the closing rush of the presidential election, MSNBC is shaking up its prime-time programming lineup, removing the long-time host –- and one-time general manager of the network — Dan Abrams from his 9 p.m. program and replacing him with Rachel Maddow, who has emerged as a favored political commentator for the all-news cable channel.

The moves, which were confirmed by MSNBC executives Tuesday, are expected to be finalized by Wednesday, with Mr. Abrams’s last program on Thursday. After MSNBC’s extensive coverage of the two political conventions during the next two weeks, Ms. Maddow will begin her program on Sept. 8.

MSNBC is highlighting the date, 9/8/08, connecting it to the start of the Olympics on 8/8/08, as a way to signal what the network’s president, Phil Griffin, said “will be the final leg of the political race this year.” He added, “We making that Rachel’s debut.”

http://tvdecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/19/rachel-maddow-to-replace-dan-abrams-on-msnbc/

Smart and articulate and unafraid to speak her mind...qualities despised by RWN's everywhere in a woman. Even more damning is that she is beautiful and a lesbian. And those are unforgivable in the eyes of RWN's. She should be married and spitting out babies.

red states rule
08-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Its funny how if Bush stumbles in a speech or interview he is a bumbling moron, but if Barack does it he is "inward thinking" and "nuanced".

But Cafferty's attack shows the level of desparation the libs are at. They are losing when we compare experience, leadership skills, voting record, judgement, morality, and character. So that leaves them with a few options: play the race card, or in Cafferty's case make as baseless and unprovable attack on his intellectuality.

Yet the left denies any liberal bias in the media

A new poll came out showing CNN is now only believed by 30% of the viewers

Media Credibility Plummets, 'Most Trusted' CNN Believed by Just 30%
August 19, 2008 - 11:20 ET

“Over the last 10 years,” the just-released biennial news consumption survey from the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press determined, “virtually every news organization or program has seen its credibility marks decline” and “Democrats continue to give most news organizations much higher credibility ratings than do Republicans.”

Based on past Pew polls, CNN touts itself as “the most trusted name in news,” but the percent who “believe all or most” of what CNN reports has fallen 12 points, to 30 percent, since Pew first posed the question in 1998. Yet, in a sign of how far the news media have fallen in the eyes of the public, that puts CNN at the top of the 12 television news outlets analyzed, as well as above all the newspapers and online sources. Believability for ABC News, CBS News and NBC News is down six points over the past ten years, to 24 percent for ABC and NBC, 22 percent for CBS, but that's still better than the mere 18 percent who “believe all or most” of what they read in the New York Times.

The extensive polling conducted in May also discovered that the audiences for CNN and MSNBC, “which were heavily Democratic two years ago, have become even more so: fully 51 percent of CNN's regular viewers are Democrats while only 18 percent are Republicans. MSNBC's audience makeup is similar -- 45 percent of regular viewers of MSNBC are Democrats, 18 percent are Republicans” and “the regular audience for nightly network news also is now about two-to-one Democratic (45 percent vs. 22 percent Republican).”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2008/08/19/media-credibility-plummets-most-trusted-cnn-believed-just-30

for the poll

http://people-press.org/report/444/news-media

red states rule
08-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Smart and articulate and unafraid to speak her mind...qualities despised by RWN's everywhere in a woman. Even more damning is that she is beautiful and a lesbian. And those are unforgivable in the eyes of RWN's. She should be married and spitting out babies.

She is a liberal moonbat who probably needs a real job since she currently is over at Dead Air America

Not sure is she will be getting a bigger audience however

Beautiful? I have seen better things raised in a swamp and better heads on a keg of beer

April15
08-20-2008, 03:24 PM
If you were to ask me I think all news is waaaaay to far to the right. Ant newscaster who can say George Bush without cracking up is just not paying attention to how big a fool he is.

red states rule
08-20-2008, 03:40 PM
If you were to ask me I think all news is waaaaay to far to the right. Ant newscaster who can say George Bush without cracking up is just not paying attention to how big a fool he is.

I always thought the job of any reporter was to tell us who, what, where, when, why, and how

NOT to give their opinion

bullypulpit
08-20-2008, 05:40 PM
She is a liberal moonbat who probably needs a real job since she currently is over at Dead Air America

A Rhodes scholar, she could bury you in any debate or forum you might choose to engage in.

Not sure is she will be getting a bigger audience however

She has a solid market share in every market she, and AirAmerica are in. Frequently kicking the ass of conservative talkers in her timeslot.

Beautiful? I have seen better things raised in a swamp and better heads on a keg of beer

You've obviously not been around. And, likely having been raised in a swamp yourself, the closest you'll get to head...of any kind...is the head you get when you pop the top on your can of Schaefer.

red states rule
08-20-2008, 05:44 PM
A Rhodes scholar, she could bury you in any debate or forum you might choose to engage in.

She has a solid market share in every market she, and AirAmerica are in. Frequently kicking the ass of conservative talkers in her timeslot.

You've obviously not been around. And, likely having been raised in a swamp yourself, the closest you'll get to head...of any kind...is the head you get when you pop the top on your can of Schaefer.

I have seen her on TV and she shouts down those who disagree with her, and plays the role of the offended liberal very well

What markets? Dead Air America is on life support, and has changes owners a few times. It is bankrupt outfit and has been losing stations

When she walks into a room mice jump up on chairs

Bottom linbe, DNC TV add another liberal moonbat to in a feeble attempt to get ratings

Most of the time Fox News beats DNC TV by a 2:1 or 3:1 margin :laugh2:

April15
08-20-2008, 05:45 PM
I always thought the job of any reporter was to tell us who, what, where, when, why, and how

NOT to give their opinionThat is what is supposed to be but like I said if they can get past saying George Bush and not burst out laughing they are not telling the truth.

red states rule
08-20-2008, 05:47 PM
That is what is supposed to be but like I said if they can get past saying George Bush and not burst out laughing they are not telling the truth.

So the rules of journalism only apply when a Dem is President? The folks see the bias and are turning their dials away from DNC TV and tuning into Fox News

Psychoblues
08-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Why the twist, rsr?

So the rules of journalism only apply when a Dem is President? The folks see the bias and are turning their dials away from DNC TV and tuning into Fox News

April didn't say anything in the post you quoted about FauxNews. Are you tuned in?

red states rule
08-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Why the twist, rsr?

April didn't say anything in the post you quoted about FauxNews. Are you tuned in?

Look at the ratings. People want their news without a slant

Psychoblues
08-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Look at the market, rsr. Newscorps and Fauxnews are in no position to brag.

Look at the ratings. People want their news without a slant

No slant? Kiss this: :pee:

red states rule
08-20-2008, 09:36 PM
Look at the market, rsr. Newscorps and Fauxnews are in no position to brag.

No slant? Kiss this: :pee:

Like I usually do I am about to bust your bubble

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/the_scoreboard_tuesday_august_19_92156.asp#more

Fox News crushes DNC TV by a 2 or 3 to one ratio

Psychoblues
08-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Bust all you want, rsr. I am on Direct TV, a satellite provider, and I just don't receive the channel that you are so excited about?!?!?!?!?!?

Like I usually do I am about to bust your bubble
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/the_scoreboard_tuesday_august_19_92156.asp#more
Fox News crushes DNC TV by a 2 or 3 to one ratio

Could it be that you are attempting to make a false if not frivolous comparison?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

red states rule
08-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Bust all you want, rsr. I am on Direct TV, a satellite provider, and I just don't receive the channel that you are so excited about?!?!?!?!?!?

Could it be that you are attempting to make a false if not frivolous comparison?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Fox News is on Direct TV, In this area it is channel 360

The ratings show DNC TV is being killed by Fox so they add another liberal moonbat to their lineup

Maybe NBC is looking for another tax writeoff

Psychoblues
08-20-2008, 09:57 PM
I know full well where FauxNews is on Direct TV, rsr. I have it blocked.

Fox News is on Direct TV, In this area it is channel 360
The ratings show DNC TV is being killed by Fox so they add another liberal moonbat to their lineup
Maybe NBC is looking for another tax writeoff

Where can I find the DNC TV channel that you keep jabbering about?

red states rule
08-20-2008, 10:00 PM
I know full well where FauxNews is on Direct TV, rsr. I have it blocked.

Where can I find the DNC TV channel that you keep jabbering about?

First yiou said you did not get Fox News, now you say you block it.

Bottom line is, the liberal lesbo is going up against Hannity and Colmes and will linger in the basement when it comes to ratings

Much like the other programs on DNC TV like Chris "I get a tingle up my leg" Matthews, and Keith Countdown to No ratings Overbite

Psychoblues
08-20-2008, 10:08 PM
As usual, you're talking in circles, rsr.

First yiou said you did not get Fox News, now you say you block it.
Bottom line is, the liberal lesbo is going up against Hannity and Colmes and will linger in the basement when it comes to ratings
Much like the other programs on DNC TV like Chris "I get a tingle up my leg" Matthews, and Keith Countdown to No ratings Overbite

Just where is the DNC TV channel that you keep jabbering about? I apologize in advancement for the repetition!!!!!!!

While you're looking for it, I think I'll just have a Busch!!!!!!!: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Hobbit
08-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Back to an earlier topic, I reject outright that liberal policies are Christian. Jesus said to help others, not to force other people, at the point of a gun, to help others. If you really want to help somebody monetarily, give them money, or give money to an organization that helps them. It's way more efficient than letting the government have your money, and it doesn't involve the government robbing me blind so they can pay Wall Street investors to not grow anything on farmland.

Psychoblues
08-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Does someone have you "at the point of a gun" as you now claim, hibbit?

Back to an earlier topic, I reject outright that liberal policies are Christian. Jesus said to help others, not to force other people, at the point of a gun, to help others. If you really want to help somebody monetarily, give them money, or give money to an organization that helps them. It's way more efficient than letting the government have your money, and it doesn't involve the government robbing me blind so they can pay Wall Street investors to not grow anything on farmland.

Do you have no depth or is it just that you can't?

Parroting is not debating, cowgirl.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

red states rule
08-21-2008, 05:38 AM
With the current poll numbers, Chris matthews was not in good spirits last night. To them poor Barry is the victim of McCain's "attacks"

DNC TV at its best

Matthews: Obama Dukakis Redux
By Mark Finkelstein (Bio | Archive)
August 20, 2008 - 23:04 ET

H/t FReeper hotshu.

Billed as a roundtable, it played more like a group therapy session for distraught Dems on the verge. Obama's polls dropping. An inchoate sense this might all be slipping away. Chris Matthews and his guests for the show-ending "Politics Fix" on this evening's Hardball were united in bemoaning Barack's plight. The host himself was the ultimate downer, analogizing Obama's campaign to that of . . . Michael Dukakis.

Matthews fellow sufferers were Jeff Johnson, host of The Truth on BET, and Salon.com editor Joan Walsh.

watch the video here

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/08/20/matthews-obama-dukakis-redux