PDA

View Full Version : What Else Is Above Obama's Pay Grade?

red states rule
08-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Now that we know of at least one issue that the messiah considers to be above his pay grade - what else is there?

It tells yous alot when a candidate tries to dodge a straight forward question with such a lame reply

Pay grade’ unartful dodge
Smart money shouldn’t be on Obama
By Michael Graham
Wednesday, August 20, 2008

“Well, uh, you know, I think that whether you’re looking at it from a theological perspective or, uh, a scientific perspective, uh, answering that question with specificity, uh, you know, is, is, uh, above my pay grade.” - Sen. Barack Obama, on “When does a baby get human rights?”

In 1948, they had Harry Truman and “The buck stops here!”

In 2008, they’ve got Barack Obama and it’s “above my pay grade.”

This is definitely not your grandfather’s Democratic Party.

Certainly not mine. My grandfather, Ray Futrell, was a lifelong FDR Democrat, the kind who would proudly rather vote for a wife-beating, syphilitic drunkard than for a Republican. In fact, he would find the previous sentence entirely redundant.

My grandfather helped push Patton’s tanks across Europe, and one reason for my grandfather’s unshakable party loyalty was his belief that Harry Truman saved his life by dropping the A-bombs on Japan.

If Truman hadn’t made the call - if he’d demurred that such a profound life-and-death decision was “above my pay grade” - my grandfather believed that he and untold thousands of Americans would have died invading the Japanese mainland.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view.bg?articleid=1113869

midcan5
08-20-2008, 07:23 AM
What a ridiculous comparison. It used to be a child would reach the age of reason at seven, the reason for that was so many children died young. When you consider 2 or 3 conceptions end naturally the idea that conception is the beginning of personhood is a bit strange. Consider also that each month a woman is fertile with an egg that will form a unique person but decides against this month because of some reason and you see knowing when life begins is a complex topic. That egg, that potential person will never exist. But RSR in his infinite knowledge of these things knows God's thoughts so I guess we'll have to defer to his usual profound insight.

red states rule
08-20-2008, 07:28 AM
What a ridiculous comparison. It used to be a child would reach the age of reason at seven, the reason for that was so many children died young. When you consider 2 or 3 conceptions end naturally the idea that conception is the beginning of personhood is a bit strange. Consider also that each month a woman is fertile with an egg that will form a unique person but decides against this month because of some reason and you see knowing when life begins is a complex topic. That egg, that potential person will never exist. But RSR in his infinite knowledge of these things knows God's thoughts so I guess we'll have to defer to his usual profound insight.

It is a perfect comparison. On Sat night Obama showed what a buffoon he is. His lame pay grade answer prove it, and many are asking what other issues would he consider above his pay grade

Also, the fact Obama is willing to have a living breathing baby who survives an abortion to put in a closet to die is very telling about him

bullypulpit
08-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Now that we know of at least one issue that the messiah considers to be above his pay grade - what else is there?

It tells yous alot when a candidate tries to dodge a straight forward question with such a lame reply

Pay grade’ unartful dodge
Smart money shouldn’t be on Obama
By Michael Graham
Wednesday, August 20, 2008

“Well, uh, you know, I think that whether you’re looking at it from a theological perspective or, uh, a scientific perspective, uh, answering that question with specificity, uh, you know, is, is, uh, above my pay grade.” - Sen. Barack Obama, on “When does a baby get human rights?”

In 1948, they had Harry Truman and “The buck stops here!”

In 2008, they’ve got Barack Obama and it’s “above my pay grade.”

This is definitely not your grandfather’s Democratic Party.

Certainly not mine. My grandfather, Ray Futrell, was a lifelong FDR Democrat, the kind who would proudly rather vote for a wife-beating, syphilitic drunkard than for a Republican. In fact, he would find the previous sentence entirely redundant.

My grandfather helped push Patton’s tanks across Europe, and one reason for my grandfather’s unshakable party loyalty was his belief that Harry Truman saved his life by dropping the A-bombs on Japan.

If Truman hadn’t made the call - if he’d demurred that such a profound life-and-death decision was “above my pay grade” - my grandfather believed that he and untold thousands of Americans would have died invading the Japanese mainland.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view.bg?articleid=1113869

Thanks again for playing "Really Bad Analogies"! (game show music swells in background).

red states rule
08-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks again for playing "Really Bad Analogies"! (game show music swells in background).

and thank you for ducking the topic. Being an Obamabot it is about all you can do

Except play the race card

Abbey Marie
08-20-2008, 01:33 PM
You all can call it ridiculous till' the cows come home, but it rings true with me, and with enough others that McCain now has a 5 point lead in the polls.

red states rule
08-20-2008, 01:38 PM
You all can call it ridiculous till' the cows come home, but it rings true with me, and with enough others that McCain now has a 5 point lead in the polls.

and winning the Electoral College which really elects the President