PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie Tubbs Jones Dies

red states rule
08-20-2008, 07:00 PM
God rest her soul

Rep. Tubbs Jones Dies After Suffering Aneurysm

U.S. Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones, the first black woman to represent Ohio in Congress, died Wednesday evening after suffering an aneurysm.

Her family and the hospital where she was clinging to life released a statement confirming the news, following an afternoon of conflicting reports on her condition.

“Throughout the course of the day and into this evening, Congresswoman Tubbs Jones’ medical condition declined. Medical doctors and neurosurgeons from Huron Hospital and Cleveland Clinic sadly report that at 6:12 p.m. Congresswoman Stephanie Tubbs Jones died," the statement said.

"She dedicated her life in public service to helping others and will continue to do so through organ donations. Please keep her family and friends in your thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.”

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,406742,00.html

08-20-2008, 07:10 PM
It's sad to see people die, regardless what side they are on.

red states rule
08-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Ditto

Unlike when Tony Snow died, I doubt if you will find many Republcians expressing glee over her passing

Sitarro
08-21-2008, 06:14 AM
Saw an interview with her on C-Span........ Amazing, extraordinary person. Incredibly positive, ample intelligence and what would appear to have been a great love for the United States and it's people. What a bold and individualist stand she took supporting Hillary the way she did, I have no doubt that she had tremendous pressure to support Obama.

She lost her Husband, her Mother and her Sister within a few months of each other........ I'm sure she has found them again. Rest In Peace Congresswoman Tubbs Jones.