PDA

View Full Version : AP: 225 Days of White House Emails Missing

Psychoblues
08-20-2008, 11:11 PM
How in hell did this happen?!?!?!???!??!?

Source: Time Magazine

225 Days of WH Emails Missing
Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2008 By AP/PETE YOST

(WASHINGTON ) — The White House is missing as many as 225 days of e-mail dating back to 2003 and there is little if any likelihood a recovery effort will be completed by the time the Bush administration leaves office, according to an internal White House draft document obtained by The Associated Press.

The nine-page outline of the White House's e-mail problems invites companies to bid on a project to recover the missing electronic messages. The work would be carried out through April 19, 2009, according to the Office of Administration request for contractors' proposals, which was dated June 20. Last week, the White House declined to comment on the document.

On Wednesday, the White House refused to talk about internal White House contracting procedures, but said the information is "outdated and seriously inaccurate." It would not elaborate. The White House also declined to say whether it has hired a contractor for the work yet. "With an eye on the clock, the White House continues to drag its feet and do everything possible to postpone public access to the records of this presidency," said Anne Weismann, chief counsel to Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a private watchdog group. The draft document outlines a process in which private contractors would attempt to retrieve lost e-mail from 35,000 disaster recovery backup tapes dating back to October 2003, a period covering such events as growing violence in Iraq, the Abu Ghraib prison scandal and the criminal probe into the disclosure that Valerie Plame had worked for the CIA..............

"We will continue to work with members of Congress and the National Archives and will communicate the results of our accounting effort at an appropriate time," White House spokeswoman Emily Lawrimore said.
Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., and chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, has said the White House's failure to properly archive e-mails violated the Presidential Records Act. The top lawyer for the National Archives has expressed disappointment the White House did not have a formal records management system in place..............

More: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1834327,00.html?xid=rss-topstories

Just who is behind this little conspiracy?!?!?!???!??!?????!?!?

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

crin63
08-20-2008, 11:46 PM
Just who is behind this little conspiracy?!?!?!???!??!?????!?!?

It was Sandy Berger in the archives with a pant leg! :coffee:

OOPS, wrong administration.

Psychoblues
08-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Exactly, c'63!!!!!!!

It was Sandy Berger in the archives with a pant leg! :coffee:

OOPS, wrong administration.

Did you have any reason for bringing up the Berger fiasco in which no documents were actually lost?

Keep On Keeping On: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

manu1959
08-20-2008, 11:56 PM
Exactly, c'63!!!!!!!
Did you have any reason for bringing up the Berger fiasco in which no documents were actually lost?
Keep On Keeping On: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

too funny.....but back on topic .... there was no requirement to save emails....plus this story came out 2 years ago.....

crin63
08-21-2008, 12:03 AM

It just struck me as funny when I thought about it.

Psychoblues
08-21-2008, 12:32 AM
I get it. Your relevancy, although just a silly thought and incongruous to intelligent discussion somehow is now supposed to be funny or excuseable?

Hilarious, c'63!!!! Simply hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

crin63
08-21-2008, 12:38 AM
I get it. Your relevancy, although just a silly thought and incongruous to intelligent discussion somehow is now supposed to be funny or excuseable?

Yep!

Psychoblues
08-21-2008, 12:41 AM
You are every bit the "sweetie" I always considered you to be, c'63!!!!!!!!

Yep!

Can I get you a virgin vanilla malt?!?!?!????!?!????!?!?!?

I'll Stick With This: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

crin63
08-21-2008, 12:49 AM
You are every bit the "sweetie" I always considered you to be, c'63!!!!!!!!

Can I get you a virgin vanilla malt?!?!?!????!?!????!?!?!?

I don't know about the whole sweetie part but I'll take an iced tea unsweetened. Never mind, my son brought me one.

Psychoblues
08-21-2008, 01:02 AM
There ain't nobody ever made "sweet iced tea" like my Mama, but unsweetened is OK as well in my estimation!!!!!!!

I don't know about the whole sweetie part but I'll take an iced tea unsweetened. Never mind, my son brought me one.

Can I chill that tea for you, c'63?

crin63
08-21-2008, 01:08 AM
There ain't nobody ever made "sweet iced tea" like my Mama, but unsweetened is OK as well in my estimation!!!!!!!

Can I chill that tea for you, c'63?

Sure! That would be right neighborly of you. Thanks!

Psychoblues
08-21-2008, 01:34 AM
One 16 oz. tumbler, filled to the top with ice and topped off with unsweet tea, comin' at you, c'63!!!!!!!!

Sure! That would be right neighborly of you. Thanks!

Can I do an American patriot dance for you?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Whether or not, here it goes!!!!!!!!

Now, tell me I am wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Immanuel
08-21-2008, 01:40 PM
How in hell did this happen?!?!?!???!??!?

How in the Hell did this happen?

Come on, don't tell me you never use the {delete} key! ;) Check your keyboard. On a standard board it is up one row and right one column from the {enter} key. It really is not that difficult to use. Simply highlight the email you want deleted and push {delete} and voila the email is gone.

Of course you realize that not one of those emails had anything detremental to the administration on them, don't you? I'm sure they were all, "Where would you like to go to lunch?" type emails....

{cough}{cough} Oh man the bull shit stinks in here!

Immie

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 01:38 AM
What's that I smell slippin' back out the door?!??!?!?!?!?

emmett
08-31-2008, 01:51 PM
I get it! It took me a while but I got it!

These e-mails contained personal messages to the president by his conspirators in the cover up of his involvement in the 911 attacks. I know......it was GWB who trained the pilots.

Also......there was undoubtedly information confirming the hurricane creation machine that conjured up Hurricane Katrina in an effort to attack New Orleans and kill democratic voters.

Furthermore this would leave us to assume...since the evidence is obviously clear ....that GWB personally sneaked into the computer room and deleted these messages himself.

This is an excellent thread David. Absolutely excellent!