PDA

View Full Version : Biden is Democratic favorite for Obama's No. 2

Psychoblues
08-21-2008, 12:56 AM
He's a bit too righty tighty for me, but a wise one nonetheless!!!!!!!!

Source: Associated Press

By NEDRA PICKLER

CHICAGO (AP) - Sen. Joe Biden has emerged as the clear favorite among Democrats to be Barack Obama's running mate for his understanding of foreign policy in grave global times and his fighting spirit against the rival Republican ticket.

Obama is keeping his decision quiet, but his staff in Chicago and party activists who await a decision are buzzing about Biden in large part because he can address two of Obama's biggest weaknesses - his lack of experience, especially on world affairs, and his reluctance to go on the attack. The speculation among Democrats is less of an indicator of whether Biden will ultimately be Obama's pick, and more of a recognition of the challenges their candidate faces at this pivotal moment in the race.

Obama plans to appear with his newly selected running mate Saturday, with the pick announced via text message to supporters. Obama also is widely thought to be considering Govs. Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas and Tim Kaine of Virginia, and Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana..............

Biden was first elected to represent Delaware in 1972, when Obama was 11 years old and half the people living in the United States today weren't born yet. He is a curious front-runner for running mate for a candidate who won the primary by arguing he would be a fresh outsider who could bring change to Washington.

More: http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080820/D92MAKU80.html

Without a doubt, just one of many tickets that can kick the asses of the reichwingers!!!!!!

No matter what happens in November, the country is certainly heading left!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

DragonStryk72
08-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Wow, actually, I like Biden, he's a bit longwinded, but honestly, if that's the worst you can say of a politician, that's pretty damned good.

Psychoblues
08-21-2008, 01:15 AM
I dig that, ds'72!!!!!!!!!

Wow, actually, I like Biden, he's a bit longwinded, but honestly, if that's the worst you can say of a politician, that's pretty damned good.

Can I buy you the poison of your choice?!?!?!??!?!???!?!?!?!?

DragonStryk72
08-21-2008, 01:21 AM
I dig that, ds'72!!!!!!!!!

Can I buy you the poison of your choice?!?!?!??!?!???!?!?!?!?

Well, it actually makes some really good sense in overall tones. Biden's been the Foreign Relations Advisor for years, as well as 3 decades of experience as a Senator. He did try to make a bid for President, but honestly, Hilary and Obama drowned him clean out, along with every single other person there.

He's also very close to the middle as far as the lib con axis, and I've read his book, he's been very active in getting support from both sides of the aisle, and has respect from both sides as well.

It's not enough to shift my vote off of Barr, but it's definitely a step in the right direction for Obama.

08-21-2008, 01:25 AM

I wish that was the worst you could say about Biden.

Psychoblues
08-21-2008, 01:31 AM
Your wish belies your ignorance, a'21.

I wish that was the worst you could say about Biden.

Are you especially proud of that?

PostmodernProphet
08-21-2008, 06:32 AM
Biden would be an excellent choice for Obama....every president should have a VP who thinks he's clean......

theHawk
08-21-2008, 07:42 AM
I think it will be an Obama bin Biden ticket as well.

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 01:50 AM
CNN reports that it's happening as I type!!!!!!!!! This is a great year for American politics and Democratic aspirations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
08-23-2008, 02:02 AM
CNN reports that it's happening as I type!!!!!!!!! This is a great year for American politics and Democratic aspirations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't Democrats use their party's name, it's always democratic this and democratic that......... what is a democratic? I guess it's a shame reflex, that somehow if you claim to be democratic it's the same as being democrat. I claim bullshit, there is nothing democratic about democrats.:cool:

I guess it's a good choice for Obama, Biden thinks he speaks really good for a negro.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

This just may be too easy.

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 03:50 AM
Why don't Democrats use their party's name, it's always democratic this and democratic that......... what is a democratic? I guess it's a shame reflex, that somehow if you claim to be democratic it's the same as being democrat. I claim bullshit, there is nothing democratic about democrats.:cool:

I guess it's a good choice for Obama, Biden thinks he speaks really good for a negro.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

This just may be too easy.

Some things are written so perfectly that they deserve repetition and top shelf billing!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, zero!!!!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
08-23-2008, 03:53 AM
Some things are written so perfectly that they deserve repetition and top shelf billing!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, zero!!!!!!!!!!!

screw top billing where's my rep?:laugh2:

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 03:58 AM
Holy Moly!!!!!!!!!

screw top billing where's my rep?:laugh2:

You didn't get what I said, did you, zero?!?!?!?!?!?!?! But I love ya anyway!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
08-23-2008, 04:05 AM
Holy Moly!!!!!!!!!

You didn't get what I said, did you, zero?!?!?!?!?!?!?! But I love ya anyway!!!!!!!!

Who knows what you meant, I was asking a simple question, I notice there weren't any answers. Where are my rep points?

I see on C-SPAN that a shit load of Democrat teachers have brought their young school kids to the Pepsi Center in Denver, to let the idiots from the Democrat National Convention to indoctrinate them....... they should be ashamed and they are lucky I don't have a kid in their class.:finger3:

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 04:49 AM
What makes you think you are entitled to any rep points, zero?!?!?!?!?!?

Who knows what you meant, I was asking a simple question, I notice there weren't any answers. Where are my rep points?

I see on C-SPAN that a shit load of Democrat teachers have brought their young school kids to the Pepsi Center in Denver, to let the idiots from the Democrat National Convention to indoctrinate them....... they should be ashamed and they are lucky I don't have a kid in their class.:finger3:

That stump water that you like so well is workin' on your head this morning isn't it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I'm just not into Republican entitlements, zero. You all do very well for yourselves as far as I can tell from here in Mississippi!!!!!!!!

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 05:41 AM
This is pretty spot on. Obama was 11 when Biden was first elected:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080823/ap_on_el_pr/veepstakes_analysis;_ylt=Ao3VZQ05LLcZm_lYnBFWpu1sn wcF

Analysis: Biden pick shows lack of confidence

By RON FOURNIER, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 35 minutes ago

DENVER - The candidate of change went with the status quo.

In picking Sen. Joe Biden to be his running mate, Barack Obama sought to shore up his weakness — inexperience in office and on foreign policy — rather than underscore his strength as a new-generation candidate defying political conventions...

...After all, Biden is anything but a change agent, having been in office longer than half of all Americans have been alive. Longer than McCain.

And he talks too much.

On the same day he announced his second bid for the presidency, Biden found himself explaining why he had described Obama as "clean."

And there's the 2007 ABC interview in which Biden said he would stand by an earlier statement that Obama was not ready to serve as president.

It seems Obama is worried that some voters are starting to agree.

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 06:14 AM
I doubt seriously if Obama is going to stripe Joe's legs for that little remark, kat. Do you think differently?

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 06:25 AM
I doubt seriously if Obama is going to stripe Joe's legs for that little remark, kat. Do you think differently?

Which one? The 'clean' or 'the not ready to be president?'

Joe Steel
08-23-2008, 06:27 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080823/ap_on_el_pr/veepstakes_analysis;_ylt=Ao3VZQ05LLcZm_lYnBFWpu1sn wcF

Analysis: Biden pick shows lack of confidence

By RON FOURNIER...

RON FOURNIER!!!!!

What a joke.

Instead, Fournier was declaring sides. That was the implication of Fournier's note: "Karl, you might think the media are liberal, but you can trust me. And give me access and return my emails. Because I'm on your side."

The Fournier revelation came as no surprise to anyone who has read his recent campaign work, which has routinely been caustic and dismissive of Democratic contenders.

The AP has a Ron Fournier problem (http://mediamatters.org/columns/200807220006)

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 06:30 AM
RON FOURNIER!!!!!

What a joke.

:lol: Joe, you crack me up! Soros mouthpiece calling Fournier a problem for the left!

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 07:26 AM
Which one? Any one, kat!!!!!!!! I think those fences have been mended, don't you?

Which one? The 'clean' or 'the not ready to be president?'

We'll see how well JM mends his fences with his prior opponents!!!!!!!!!! Not that I really give a shit, mind you!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadow
08-23-2008, 08:37 AM

They talked about this last night on the news,saying he picked Biden because he didn't think he could win if he went with any of the other choices. They even said that he probably didn't want to choose Biden,but he had to. He has been compromising everything since he started,and is looking weaker and weaker every day.

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 08:40 AM
They talked about this last night on the news,saying he picked Biden because he didn't think he could win if he went with any of the other choices. They even said that he probably didn't want to choose Biden,but he had to. He has been compromising everything since he started,and is looking weaker and weaker every day.

Yep, especially with suspending the campaigns in 7 states. :coffee:

Shadow
08-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Yep, especially with suspending the campaigns in 7 states. :coffee:

Wonder if he is running out of funds as well. It must cost a lot to campaign for world popularity.

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 08:54 AM
I thinketh some of you are making mountains out of molehills, but if you find it entertaining go right ahead. The campaign is not running out of money nor is it in any way becoming weaker with the choice of Biden as VP nominee or slowing ads during the conventions. Maybe you're trying to read too much into something you know little or nothing about?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 08:56 AM
I thinketh some of you are making mountains out of molehills, but if you find it entertaining go right ahead. The campaign is not running out of money nor is it in any way becoming weaker with the choice of Biden as VP nominee or slowing ads during the conventions. Maybe you're trying to read too much into something you know little or nothing about?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hillary spent her $$$ too fast during the primary, without getting the numbers she needed. In fairness, perhaps Obama learned something there. In any case, he's been burning through the money, without adding to his percentages, time to focus.

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 09:00 AM
On the other hand, were it not for MSNBC, CNN or FauxNews I would not have seen a single Obama ad here in Mississippi?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hillary spent her $$$ too fast during the primary, without getting the numbers she needed. In fairness, perhaps Obama learned something there. In any case, he's been burning through the money, without adding to his percentages, time to focus.

But, I'm doing my best to pick up the slack?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

:salute::coffee::clap::laugh2::coffee::salute:

red states rule
08-23-2008, 09:03 AM
What makes you think you are entitled to any rep points, zero?!?!?!?!?!?

That stump water that you like so well is workin' on your head this morning isn't it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I'm just not into Republican entitlements, zero. You all do very well for yourselves as far as I can tell from here in Mississippi!!!!!!!!

Tell PB, since you and other Obamabots are so anti war, how can you support Biden since he voted for the Iraq war?

Biden Helps Obama On Foreign Policy, Hurts Him On Message Of Change

It's official: Barack Obama picked Joe Biden as his running mate. The decision, which doesn't come as a huge surprise, was announced by the Obama campaign today.

Obama basically had two options: One, to play it safe and work on his weaknesses. Or two, to raise the ante and play to his strengths as a candidate of change and Washington outsider. Obama chose option one. So what does Biden as Obama's VP choice mean for the campaign?

The upside: With the Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee as his running mate, Obama shores up his major weakness – his inexperience in foreign relations. Biden is a well-known political quantity that can take on John McCain on any international topic that has already come up during the campaign (Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Russia) or others that may still come up (China, Darfur, Simbabwe). Biden as a veteran senator is well respected in international foreign policy circles. Many global leaders will be relieved to hear that Obama picked Biden. While Obama is still pretty much a blank slate for them, Biden isn't.

The downside: Biden as a veteran senator and Washington insider doesn't represent the main theme of Obama's campaign: change. And while he is a foreign policy heavyweight he originally voted for the Iraq war as did Hillary Clinton and John McCain. Obama has been constantly hammering both Clinton and McCain for their lack of judgement on this issue. With Biden as his running mate, he won't be able to make that charge anymore. Biden also doesn't really improve Obama's chances of clinching a major state.

The Unknown: How will supporters of Hillary Clinton react to Biden's selection?

http://blogs.dw-world.de/acrossthepond/michael/1.7002.html

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 09:39 AM
'Zat the best you can do, rsr? That was only rhetorical. I already know the answer!!!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
08-23-2008, 09:41 AM
'Zat the best you can do, rsr? That was only rhetorical. I already know the answer!!!!!!!!!!!

Like MFM, many anti war lefties huff and puff how they will not support any Dems who voted for the war - and they keep saying that right up to Election Day when they go ahead and vote for them

Sorry to inject facts into the debate PB, but you ignore them anyway

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 09:48 AM
What facts?

Like MFM, many anti war lefties huff and puff how they will not support any Dems who voted for the war - and they keep saying that right up to Election Day when they go ahead and vote for them

Sorry to inject facts into the debate PB, but you ignore them anyway

And just who in hell is "they"?

red states rule
08-23-2008, 09:50 AM
What facts?

And just who in hell is "they"?

MFM for one. There were many from the Daily Kook Kos I saw on TV saying they would never support any Dem who voted for the war. Code Pinko bimbos aw well have said they same thing

How about you? You are a big anti war lib. How can you vote for Biden who did vote for the war

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 09:56 AM
I've never met a politician with whom I agree 100% of the time, rsr. I live with my decisions and expect them to live with theirs. If you ever meet one that you agree with 100% I suggest you immediately get on their bandwagon and let us all know!!!!!!!!!

MFM for one. There were many from the Daily Kook Kos I saw on TV saying they would never support any Dem who voted for the war. Code Pinko bimbos aw well have said they same thing

How about you? You are a big anti war lib. How can you vote for Biden who did vote for the war

I've never asked you how you could do anything. So, don't be prying into what I do, OK? I think this thread was about the #2 choice for Obama. I think that question has now been answered.

red states rule
08-23-2008, 10:00 AM
I've never met a politician with whom I agree 100% of the time, rsr. I live with my decisions and expect them to live with theirs. If you ever meet one that you agree with 100% I suggest you immediately get on their bandwagon and let us all know!!!!!!!!!

I've never asked you how you could do anything. So, don't be prying into what I do, OK? I think this thread was about the #2 choice for Obama. I think that question has now answered.

So you did not mean all your rants against the war? Or were they rants only for political reasons? Or like MFM you will place your beliefs and principals in the back seat and vote for the Dems because that is your only issue - increased power for your party?

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Reasonable people sometimes do unreasonable, in my estimation, things, rsr.

So you did not mean all your rants against the war? Or were they rants only for political reasons? Or like MFM you will place your beliefs and principals in the back seat and vote for the Dems because that is your only issue - increased power for your party?

Do you have any suggestions as to how that might change anything?

red states rule
08-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Reasonable people sometimes do unreasonable, in my estimation, things, rsr.

Do you have any suggestions as to how that might change anything?

Thank you for showing the beliefs and principals of most liberals are driven by only goal - power

Also, thank you for admitting you did not believe all the anti war threads and replys you posted. They were intended only to stril the political pot and did not reflect your true beliefs

If you did believe them, there is no logical reason to back Biden as VP

Yurt
08-23-2008, 11:20 AM
well you dems, seems as if you must support mccain if you are going to support your cult leaders VP....

Biden on

On McCain:
Biden, on a post-debate appearance on MSNBC, October 30, 2007: “The only guy on the other side who’s qualified is John McCain.”

Biden appearing on The Daily Show, August 2, 2005: “John McCain is a personal friend, a great friend, and I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off, be well off no matter who...”

On Meet the Press, November 27, 2005: “I’ve been calling for more troops for over two years, along with John McCain and others subsequent to my saying that.”

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NGRhNzJlMWY5NjdiNzhjMTRkYjMzNjYwOGJmYzNjMTY=

on obama:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RDVUPqoowf8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RDVUPqoowf8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Now is your time to strut your stuff, rsr!!!!!!!!! Point them out and please give us a link for context?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thank you for showing the beliefs and principals of most liberals are driven by only goal - power

Also, thank you for admitting you did not believe all the anti war threads and replys you posted. They were intended only to stril the political pot and did not reflect your true beliefs

If you did believe them, there is no logical reason to back Biden as VP

I consider your questions at best rhetorical and your conclusions for the most part idiotic.

Let's see what you have, cowgirl?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

red states rule
08-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Now is your time to strut your stuff, rsr!!!!!!!!! Point them out and please give us a link for context?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I consider your questions at best rhetorical and your conclusions for the most part idiotic.

Let's see what you have, cowgirl?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Your own words show you are giving Biden a pass on his vote for the war. Much like MFM, and BP will as well

For years the anti war left have screamed how they oppose the war, but "support" the troops

Now when they can show they are sincere about what they wrote - they fold up and back Biden who voted for the very war they claimed to oppose