PDA

View Full Version : Poll: McCain holds edge on patriotism

red states rule
08-21-2008, 07:57 AM
The Obamabots are not going to like the results of this poll. Looks like Obama, and his wife, have smeard America one to many times

Poll: McCain holds edge on patriotism
By ALEXANDER BURNS | 8/20/08 7:40 PM EST

The public views Sen. John McCain as more patriotic than his opponent, Sen. Barack Obama, even though it prefers the way Obama talks about patriotism, according to a new poll.

The survey, conducted by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner, found that 74 percent of respondents saw McCain as patriotic, compared to just 56 percent who said the same of Obama.

But when respondents were read two excerpts of Obama and McCain’s comments describing their feelings about the United States, Obama’s statement came out ahead by a 52-41 percent margin.

“Out of the gate, John McCain is identified by voters as more patriotic, but what’s interesting is that when voters hear different conceptions of patriotism, in the candidates’ own words, Obama’s more forward-looking version significantly beats McCain’s,” said Nick Hanauer, a co-founder of the True Patriot Network, a liberal organization that commissioned the survey.

The poll tested 1000 adults between August 12-14, with a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percent.

Throughout the campaign Obama has been dogged by questions and unsubstantiated rumors about his views on flag and country, most recently stemming from his response to a seven-year-old girl who asked him why he’s running for president.

“America is no longer what it could be, what it once was,” Obama said. “And I say to myself: I don’t want that future for my children.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12679.html