PDA

View Full Version : McCain not sure how many houses he has

gabosaurus
08-21-2008, 04:08 PM
You want an indication of how much John McTraitor is out of touch with the common people? The idiot doesn't know how many houses he owns! He has so much property that he has lost track of it all!
And you want this senile dumshit to run the country??

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laland/2008/08/mccain-not-sure.html

Mr. P
08-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Democrats are using the "he owns a bunch of houses" line to remind Americans that McCain, by marriage, is fabulously wealthy.

BFD! Hope they don't forget ol Teddy is fabulously wealthy from dads involvement in illegal liquor. Last I checked it's not illegal to marry someone wealthy though.

Kathianne
08-21-2008, 04:23 PM
BFD! Hope they don't forget ol Teddy is fabulously wealthy from dads involvement in illegal liquor. Last I checked it's not illegal to marry someone wealthy though.

As are Kennedy, Pelosi, and many Dems and Reps. Trojans.

Mr. P
08-21-2008, 04:30 PM
As are Kennedy, Pelosi, and many Dems and Reps. Trojans.

Yep and a non issue for mainstream America..IMO

red states rule
08-21-2008, 04:35 PM
The Obamabots are desperate now

How many homes does John Boy Kerry have? Of Harry Reid the real estate expert?

Most of the money Dems claim McCain has is his wifes. They have a prenup so it really is not his anyway

theHawk
08-21-2008, 05:03 PM
He might not know how many he has, but we all know he didn't buy one from Rezko or some other scum bag thats going to be going to jail.

If Obama wants to open up this cap of worms, he is going to regret it. Obama's past land dealings with Rezko puts to shame anything McCain has done, especially if is only crime is he and his wife have lots of investments in real estate and doesn't know the exact number.

Naturally gabby and other Obamaphiles will completely ignore Obama's corrupt dealings with Rezko. Its much more important to make the Republican look stupid or too rich than to deal with the real ethical problems that faces the Democrat.

red states rule
08-21-2008, 05:20 PM
He might not know how many he has, but we all know he didn't buy one from Rezko or some other scum bag thats going to be going to jail.

If Obama wants to open up this cap of worms, he is going to regret it. Obama's past land dealings with Rezko puts to shame anything McCain has done, especially if is only crime is he and his wife have lots of investments in real estate and doesn't know the exact number.

Naturally gabby and other Obamaphiles will completely ignore Obama's corrupt dealings with Rezko. Its much more important to make the Republican look stupid or too rich than to deal with the real ethical problems that faces the Democrat.

Or get special deals from the mortgage companies like several Dems have been caught getting

Immanuel
08-21-2008, 05:32 PM
So what?

My guess is not only does he not know how many houses he owns, but, he's probably not even been in everyone of them. The man has done well in life and prospered. Real Estate is a sound investment. Good for him.

If that is the only thing you have against John McCain, I'd vote for him. But, I'm not going to.

What about Obama? Maybe we should delve into his investments.

I don't fault either one of them for having done well in life. My Lord!!!! they actually have more money than I do!! I think they should cough it up and give it to me so that I never have to worry about cash again.

This attack is ridiculous!

Immie

hjmick
08-21-2008, 06:08 PM
McCain himself does not own any of the properties. They're all owned by Cindy McCain, her dependent children and the trusts and companies they control.

08-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Does Obama really want the American public looking into each of the candidates house purchasing habits? Seems like that would be something to steer away from.

Silver
08-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Just trying to help the ignorant and of course gabby(the stupid one)

Sen. McCain himself does not own any of the properties. They're all owned by Cindy McCain, her dependent children and the trusts and companies they control.

MtnBiker
08-21-2008, 08:51 PM
I wonder if the Politico will ask Obama how many kids his father had and by how many women?

retiredman
08-21-2008, 09:07 PM
I wonder if the Politico will ask Obama how many kids his father had and by how many women?

irrelevant and immaterial.

and, I must admit, a good deal beneath where I thought your ethical floor might be.

retiredman
08-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Just trying to help the ignorant and of course gabby(the stupid one)

Sen. McCain himself does not own any of the properties. They're all owned by Cindy McCain, her dependent children and the trusts and companies they control.

so he's just a gigilo?:laugh2:

hjmick
08-21-2008, 10:13 PM

Good work if you can get it.

Mr. P
08-21-2008, 10:22 PM
So what?

My guess is not only does he not know how many houses he owns, but, he's probably not even been in everyone of them. The man has done well in life and prospered. Real Estate is a sound investment. Good for him.

If that is the only thing you have against John McCain, I'd vote for him. But, I'm not going to.

What about Obama? Maybe we should delve into his investments.

I don't fault either one of them for having done well in life. My Lord!!!! they actually have more money than I do!! I think they should cough it up and give it to me so that I never have to worry about cash again.

This attack is ridiculous!

Immie

Aren't they all.

Joe Steel
08-22-2008, 05:07 AM
So what?

My guess is not only does he not know how many houses he owns, but, he's probably not even been in everyone of them. The man has done well in life and prospered.

McCain's money comes from his wife and probably bribes from special interests. That might mean "prospered" to you but the rest of America doesn't think of it in the highest terms.

Joe Steel
08-22-2008, 05:21 AM
The really sad part of this sorry episode is McCain's confusion. He's so confused he can't even remember how many homes he has. Whether one or more, most of America knows how many homes they have. Not McCain. He's living in his own confused little dreamland.

Joe Steel
08-22-2008, 07:01 AM
If Obama wants to open up this cap of worms, he is going to regret it. Obama's past land dealings with Rezko puts to shame anything McCain has done...

Utter nonsense.

Obama didn't have any "land dealings with Rezko." He bought one-sixth of a vacant lot from Rezko's wife for one-sixth of what she paid for it. What's the problem with that?

bullypulpit
08-22-2008, 07:04 AM
You want an indication of how much John McTraitor is out of touch with the common people? The idiot doesn't know how many houses he owns! He has so much property that he has lost track of it all!
And you want this senile dumshit to run the country??

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laland/2008/08/mccain-not-sure.html

And the McCain campaign tries to level charges of 'elitism' at Obama, who owns one home, and paid off his student loans with the proceeds from the sales of his first book. And golly, he grew up on Chicago's South Side while he and his mother lived on food-stamps. Somehow I just don't think McCain or his advisers appreciate the irony of their bullshit.

bullypulpit
08-22-2008, 07:08 AM

And gosh, there was John McCain's involvement with John Keating...Oh, and the McCain's failed to pay the property taxes on a San Diego property. Haven't they heard of escrow accounts?

As for Tony Rezko, there was no mention of Obama at Rezko's trial. It's just another case of the RWN GOP base throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks.

08-22-2008, 07:14 AM
irrelevant and immaterial.

and, I must admit, a good deal beneath where I thought your ethical floor might be.

Its just as irrelevant and immaterial as thise stupid house ploy by the Obama camp.

08-22-2008, 07:15 AM
And gosh, there was John McCain's involvement with John Keating...Oh, and the McCain's failed to pay the property taxes on a San Diego property. Haven't they heard of escrow accounts?

As for Tony Rezko, there was no mention of Obama at Rezko's trial. It's just another case of the RWN GOP base throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks.

You mean the media failing to do its job and actually investigate.

Joe Steel
08-22-2008, 07:46 AM
You mean the media failing to do its job and actually investigate.

You investigate McCain's confusion?

I agree. The media should try to determine the full extent of McCain's mental deficiencies.

Immanuel
08-22-2008, 07:48 AM
McCain's money comes from his wife and probably bribes from special interests. That might mean "prospered" to you but the rest of America doesn't think of it in the highest terms.

Prove that and you can bring him down.

You have no proof. Although, as I have said hundreds of times, to get into the position of being a candidate for President, one has sold his soul (to special interests) so many times there is nothing left to sell.

I'm sure our definition of "bribes" and Obama's or McCain's would be completely different.

As for his money coming from his wife? So what? Might I mention John Kerry?

Immie

red states rule
08-22-2008, 07:53 AM
I am not bothered that McCain does not know how many homes he owns

I am bothered by a Presidential candidate who does not know how many states are in the United States

BTW, does Obama own the hut his brother lives in?

Gaffer
08-22-2008, 08:07 AM
And the McCain campaign tries to level charges of 'elitism' at Obama, who owns one home, and paid off his student loans with the proceeds from the sales of his first book. And golly, he grew up on Chicago's South Side while he and his mother lived on food-stamps. Somehow I just don't think McCain or his advisers appreciate the irony of their bullshit.

Where did you get this misinformation? He spent his early childhood in Indonesia and finished growing up in Hawaii with his well to do grandparents. He didn't get to Chicago until he decided to start his political career.

You need to get your talking points approved before posting.

red states rule
08-22-2008, 08:12 AM
and did John and Cindy McCain but any of their homes, do a walkthru of the home with, and get campaign donations, from a convicted felon like Mr and Mrs Obama did?

Joe Steel
08-22-2008, 08:12 AM
As for his money coming from his wife? So what?

Immie

So that's not "prospering" in a socially acceptable sense. To most Americans, prospering means financial success as a result of serving the community. All McCain ever has done is serve his rich wife.

Immanuel
08-22-2008, 08:17 AM
So that's not "prospering" in a socially acceptable sense. To most Americans, prospering means financial success as a result of serving the community. All McCain ever has done is serve his rich wife.

And John Kerry?

Let me guess you supported John Kerry blindly despite his arrival among the prosperous coming at the hands of marriage.

Since when has it not been socially acceptable to marry into money? I don't support John McCain, but this attack is crap.

Immie

red states rule
08-22-2008, 08:26 AM
And John Kerry?

Let me guess you supported John Kerry blindly despite his arrival among the prosperous coming at the hands of marriage.

Since when has it not been socially acceptable to marry into money? I don't support John McCain, but this attack is crap.

Immie

the only reason Obama and the Obamabots are running with this is they are desperate. They are tanking in the polls, and they think playing up the class warfare crap will help them

The fact is John McCain owns maybe one or two of the homes. Their daugther lives in one home, and some are investment properties

The Dems want people to resent the success of the McCain's have achieved. Libs can't stand it when folks strive for success and achieve that success

retiredman
08-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Its just as irrelevant and immaterial as thise stupid house ploy by the Obama camp.

like how many SUV's Kerry had.

what goes around, comes around.

suck it up.

red states rule
08-22-2008, 08:29 AM

suck it up.

Kerry lied about owning them, Besides Kerry was telling us how we needed to drive smaller cars and conserve while he and his family ride around in SUV's

John McCain gave an honest answer, and the left is trying to slime the McCain's because they have money

Immanuel
08-22-2008, 08:43 AM
the only reason Obama and the Obamabots are running with this is they are desperate. They are tanking in the polls, and they think playing up the class warfare crap will help them

The fact is John McCain owns maybe one or two of the homes. Their daugther lives in one home, and some are investment properties

The Dems want people to resent the success of the McCain's have achieved. Libs can't stand it when folks strive for success and achieve that success

I don't begrudge anyone having "made it" even if they did so by marrying into money or winning the lottery. I didn't begrudge Kerry having married into money.

What I can't stand is the attitude of people like Kerry that says, "I'm better than you because I have money".

I honestly don't see that in either John McCain or Barack Obama. I won't be voting for either one of them this time around, but for different reasons than my decision not to vote for Kerry. Kerry was an elitist matched only by the Kennedy's in his arrogance. Obama's religious affiliations with Jeremiah Wright are my biggest concern with him and McCain is a whiny-assed crybaby... not exactly what I think America needs.

Immie

Joe Steel
08-22-2008, 08:45 AM
And John Kerry?

Immie

Kerry's not running.

red states rule
08-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Kerry's not running.

The point is, one who lives in homes connected to Tony Rezko should not throw stones

Immanuel
08-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Kerry's not running.

What does that have to do with it? Did you or did you not support John Kerry despite his having arrived into money in a way that in your words was, "not socially acceptable"?

I'll take your refusal to answer as an affirmative. And since you seem to have answered affirmatively, you have no room to bitch except for possibly your complaint about his "confusion" which may be a legitimate concern although I can see how an investor might not know how many homes he owns at any given time.

Immie

red states rule
08-22-2008, 08:56 AM
What does that have to do with it? Did you or did you not support John Kerry despite his having arrived into money in a way that in your words was, "not socially acceptable"?

I'll take your refusal to answer as an affirmative. And since you seem to have answered affirmatively, you have no room to bitch except for possibly your complaint about his "confusion" which may be a legitimate concern although I can see how an investor might not know how many homes he owns at any given time.

Immie

Immie, with libe like Joe, MFm, and Gabby you must remember on important fact about them

If not for their double standards they would have no standards at all

Immanuel
08-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Immie, with libe like Joe, MFm, and Gabby you must remember on important fact about them

If not for their double standards they would have no standards at all

To me that just makes them human. ;)

In re post #40 following this one... still only human.

Immie

red states rule
08-22-2008, 09:01 AM
To me that just makes them human. ;)

Immie

No, it makes them loyal Obamabots. With them they toss out logic, reason, truth, and reality

They go by the current talking points as published by the liberal media, and they run with it

08-22-2008, 11:40 AM

suck it up.

The only reason the SUVs were an issure was because Kerry was complaining about the environmental damage done by SUVs. it's called hypocrisy. You'd like to ignore it when convenient. But it's still hypocrisy.

Silver
08-22-2008, 11:58 AM

Hes a gigilo and you're an assh*** :laugh2:

but we're a little off topic...

red states rule
08-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Hes a gigilo and you're an assh*** :laugh2:

but we're a little off topic...

But you are so correct

Why do libs have an issue with a women like Cindy McCain who builds up a business, hires pople, and helps grow the economy?

red states rule
08-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Got this in an email from a buddy of mine

I was talking to a friend of mine's little girl, and she said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thin you would do? She replied, "I'd give houses to all the homeless people." "Wow - what a worthy goal," I told her, "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow, pull weeds, and sweep my yard, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward a new house." She thought that over for a few seconds cause she's only 6...And while her Mom glared at me, she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?"
And I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party." Her folks still aren't talking to me.

Immanuel
08-22-2008, 12:17 PM
But you are so correct

Why do libs have an issue with a women like Cindy McCain who builds up a business, hires pople, and helps grow the economy?

Oh come on RSR... for the same reason that Reps had a problem with Teresa Heinze-Kerry. Because it was/is a convenient way to throw mud at the candidate.

Immie

red states rule
08-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Oh come on RSR... for the same reason that Reps had a problem with Teresa Heinze-Kerry. Because it was/is a convenient way to throw mud at the candidate.

Immie

Ms Kerry was out there making stupid comments - much like Michelle Obama has done

Ms Kerry made herself an issue

Immanuel
08-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Ms Kerry was out there making stupid comments - much like Michelle Obama has done

Ms Kerry made herself an issue

That doesn't excuse it.

Nor does it mean that the liberals won't use the same tactics.

Immie

red states rule
08-22-2008, 12:35 PM
That doesn't excuse it.

Nor does it mean that the liberals won't use the same tactics.

Immie

When someone injects themself into the spotlight, they become fair game. Mrs Kerry did judt that much like Michelle did

John Kerry made his military record, his wealth, and lifestyle an issue - and lost on all three issues

Joe Steel
08-22-2008, 02:54 PM

Immie

What part of "Kerry isn't running" didn't you understand?

Immanuel
08-22-2008, 03:39 PM
What part of "Kerry isn't running" didn't you understand?

Well, it is obvious you are a hypocrit.

And how many times have you gone back to "Bush this" or "Bush that" since this campaign began hypocrit?

Immie.

Joe Steel
08-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Well, it is obvious you are a hypocrit.

And how many times have you gone back to "Bush this" or "Bush that" since this campaign began hypocrit?

Immie.

Here.

I got your hypocrite.

He is someone who purports to campaign as a man of the people, but who resides in a whole series of wealthy million dollar chateaus and mansions," said Bush campaign spokesman Terry Holt in the summer of 2004. "It's just one more contradiction and example of him being out of the mainstream with America."

Obama attack on McCain's homes has GOP precedent (http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/49754.html)

Republicans seem to have forgotten their apoplectic reaction to Kerry's houses. I'm doing you a favor by not beating you with it.

retiredman
08-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Here.

I got your hypocrite.

Republicans seem to have forgotten their apoplectic reaction to Kerry's houses. I'm doing you a favor by not beating you with it.

Bravo! Bravo!!

Sitarro
08-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Bravo! Bravo!!

Kerry is an ass that has spent an entire career trying to pretend he actually did something in Vietnam besides drive a little ski boat around the delta for a few months, blowing up stores of rice and getting injured from his own stupidity. At least McCain flew aircraft, even though they were Navy pieces of shit, he still actually did something worthwhile.

AllieBaba
08-22-2008, 05:09 PM
I get so tired of trying to explain this to people.

It is not elitist to have a lot of money. It is not elitism to earn money and enjoy it.

Elitism is when you claim you know what should be done with the money of OTHERS while maintaining your own money for your own use.

Elitism is thinking you do not have to answer to a higher power (whatever that may be..the people, the law, God) because you are of a "special" ilk, and not subject to the rules of ordinary men.

McCain having $$ and houses and not being his own realtor or accountant does not make him an elitist. It places him in an elite class, financially, but that doesn't make him an elitist...unless he believes in things like the redistribution of wealth, or modest lifestyles for politicians, or uber-environmentalism....for other people.

manu1959
08-22-2008, 08:14 PM
is the point of this to claim that mcain is not a man of the people....

tell you what name a president that or even a candidate that is in touch with the reality of not being able to buy their kids something or being able to go on vactions....

name one.....

they are all out of touch......

Yurt
08-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Bravo! Bravo!!

parrot feeding on bird droppings...