PDA

View Full Version : My birthday gift from my youngest

Trinity
08-21-2008, 06:45 PM
My youngest gave me a nice little gift today while in his therapist's office.

After acting like a complete butt and me and his therapist asking him 15 times to get up off the floor he decided to walk out. I went after him and drug him back into the office. He kept trying to get out so I had to physically restrain him, then stand in front of the door to keep him from leaving.

After me psychically battling with him for about 10 minutes we were finally able to get him to sit down and calm down and tell us what he wanted. He finally said he wanted to go to the bathroom in a whiny voice, he was asked to repeat it in a normal tone several times, he then starts beating his head on the desk and reverted right back to the 2 year old behavior.

We then get him calmed down again, he asked very nicely and I opened the door so he could go to the bathroom, however we also walked into the hall with him and he's like what are you doing? Me and his therapist both said you can't go to the bathroom by yourself. He says why not? well lets see you are clearly still upset and you were just beating your head against the desk. How do we know you are not going to try to hurt yourself in the bathroom.

After he realized he was not going to the bathroom alone he dropped to the floor in the middle of the hallway and refused to get up so we stood there for about 3 minutes then stepped over him and went to the other end of the hall around the corner so he could not see us and discussed his behavior while we were waiting on him to get up. He laid there for about 15 minutes with other therapists stepping over him. I had already given him the option of you can get up off the floor or you can lose the computer for the night.

He lost the computer. I finally had to leave because I needed to get to the license bureau to get my plates renewed before they closed and he was still on the floor so I gave him one last option I told him I have to leave now I will give you 30 seconds to get up off of the floor and if you continue to lay there you will lose the computer for every minute you lay there you lose the computer for one day. 3 minutes equals 3 days. He got up.

It's times like this I just want to bust his ass!!!

Gaffer
08-21-2008, 07:26 PM
A nine year old excersizing his control over the adults in the building.

Said1
08-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Sounds like you need a visit from the Super Nanny. :laugh2:

Mr. P
08-22-2008, 09:10 PM
A nine year old excersizing his control over the adults in the building.

Kinda sounds like he has control at home too...I may be wrong.

crin63
08-22-2008, 10:07 PM
It's times like this I just want to bust his ass!!!

It works, you should try it.

My nephew is autistic and the only thing that calmed him down was when he finally got swats 1 day. It wasn't much and in my opinion not often enough but he responded a little better after that. They only had to tell him 5 or 6 times to get him to cooperate.