PDA

View Full Version : McCain's response to houses

08-22-2008, 12:29 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vjC2AlWy6CI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vjC2AlWy6CI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I knew Obama was really being stupid for bringing up the houses.

Joe Steel
08-22-2008, 02:52 PM
At last count, McCain had 8 houses worth a total of 14 million dollars. He has a private jet. He wears $500 dollar shoes.

And he doesn't seem to be able to remember any of it.

AllieBaba
08-22-2008, 05:24 PM
And still...he doesn't make it one of the primary focuses of his campaign to complain about how the rich are too rich, and should be sharing their wealth with those who have less.

theHawk
08-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Bravo for McCain having the balls to call Obama out on the personal "housing" issue.

Facts are stubborn things!

AllieBaba
08-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Thank goodness libs don't know what they are, or they might be worried!

manu1959
08-22-2008, 08:23 PM
At last count, McCain had 8 houses worth a total of 14 million dollars. He has a private jet. He wears $500 dollar shoes.

trying to keep up with the kerrys and kennedys is hard work......

midcan5
08-25-2008, 06:38 AM
Jeez, one of the regular guys. LOL

PhotonMac
08-25-2008, 07:42 AM
If that is truly his response it is passive/aggressive at best. What it shows to me is that he (like Obama) has no clue to what the situation that most middle income Americans are dealing with. Most of us are paying our mortgage on our one house and on time. But all it takes is one major or God forbid , catastrophic health care issue or loss of a job or any other precarious financial anomaly to upset that and there goes your home. How many houses one owns is not the issue. How do we stabilize the economy and make sure what I described doesn't happen is the real issue......and it is a multi-headed beast.

GW in Ohio
08-25-2008, 07:58 AM
If that is truly his response it is passive/aggressive at best. What it shows to me is that he (like Obama) has no clue to what the situation that most middle income Americans are dealing with. Most of us are paying our mortgage on our one house and on time. But all it takes is one major or God forbid , catastrophic health care issue or loss of a job or any other precarious financial anomaly to upset that and there goes your home. How many houses one owns is not the issue. How do we stabilize the economy and make sure what I described doesn't happen is the real issue......and it is a multi-headed beast.

How many houses he owns, and the fact that he can't even remember how many he has, is the issue.

He's a rich guy who's completely out of touch with the realities that the overwhelming majority of Americans are faced with every day.

darin
08-25-2008, 08:19 AM
BORING ARGUMENT ALERT!!

When folk assume EVERYONE who has money has somehow lost-touch with what it means to struggle. (sigh)

We NEED a person with good financial/business sense in the white house. Some of you, in your self-righteous nausiating way, imply you'd only vote for somebody who hasn't made good financial decisions.

theHawk
08-25-2008, 08:32 AM
How many houses he owns, and the fact that he can't even remember how many he has, is the issue.

He's a rich guy who's completely out of touch with the realities that the overwhelming majority of Americans are faced with every day.

He doesn't own any. His wife, her children, and trust funds own several though.

GW in Ohio
08-25-2008, 08:35 AM
He doesn't own any. His wife, her children, and trust funds own several though.

And he's just a regular guy....just like you and me, huh?

Quick, Hawk....how many houses do you own?

theHawk
08-25-2008, 08:46 AM
And he's just a regular guy....just like you and me, huh?

Quick, Hawk....how many houses do you own?

When has anyone ever said "he's just a regular guy". I certainly don't think he is regular. Not too many people are retired military, former POWs and long time members of the US Senate.

GW in Ohio
08-25-2008, 09:23 AM
When has anyone ever said "he's just a regular guy". I certainly don't think he is regular. Not too many people are retired military, former POWs and long time members of the US Senate.

It would be nice to have a president who understands the challenges and realities that ordinary, working Americans face on a daily basis.

I understand that by definition a presidential candidate is going to be someone of some wealth and influence, but nevertheless I hope the next president will be able to relate to the needs and problems of ordinary Americans.

theHawk
08-25-2008, 09:30 AM
It would be nice to have a president who understands the challenges and realities that ordinary, working Americans face on a daily basis.

I understand that by definition a presidential candidate is going to be someone of some wealth and influence, but nevertheless I hope the next president will be able to relate to the needs and problems of ordinary Americans.

I think both Obama and McCain understand and "relate to" the needs of everyday working Americans. They just have totally different means of trying to help them. Obama wants to tax "the rich", but that in no way helps middle class and poor. Only free enterprise and business can help the middle class and poor through employment, not government handouts.

darin
08-25-2008, 09:36 AM

What makes you think a man obviously tied to real eastate has no understanding of the challenges and realities ordinary working americans face. Who do you suppose rents his real estate? or buys it?

Why do you assume Senator McCain CANNOT relate, simply because he has the wealth and influence you mention? Fact is, you have NO BASIS for your assumptions. I suspect you assume the worst simply because of the (R) after McCain's name.

That makes you a bit of a political hack, doesn't it?

theHawk
08-25-2008, 09:44 AM
What makes you think a man obviously tied to real eastate has no understanding of the challenges and realities ordinary working americans face. Who do you suppose rents his real estate? or buys it?

Why do you assume Senator McCain CANNOT relate, simply because he has the wealth and influence you mention? Fact is, you have NO BASIS for your assumptions. I suspect you assume the worst simply because of the (R) after McCain's name.

That makes you a bit of a political hack, doesn't it?

Yup, and he completely ignores the sweet land deal Obama got from Rezko in return for 14 million dollars of taxpayer money. And yet he "relates" the common people more so than McCain....

MtnBiker
08-25-2008, 09:49 AM
What was McCain's answer when asked how many houses he had?

Was it, "I'm unsure" or "I don't remember" or "I don't know" , no it was none of those. He said "I'll have my staff get to you"

you can listen to it here (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12685.html)

By claiming he doesnt' remember is only an assumption.

MtnBiker
08-25-2008, 10:01 AM

Assumption

MtnBiker
08-25-2008, 10:02 AM

Assumption

Joe Steel
08-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Assumption

Here's an assumption:

I assume you can't read plain English.

Trigg
08-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Jeez, one of the regular guys. LOL

Do you have any idea how rich the Kerry's are????????????? I bet you voted for him anyway. :poke:

MtnBiker
08-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Here's an assumption:

I assume you can't read plain English.

You are right, that is an assumption and also wrong.

Seems to be a theme.

Trigg
08-25-2008, 03:18 PM
:lol: