PDA

View Full Version : John McCain: Thug

Joe Steel
08-22-2008, 04:26 PM
John McCain flew 23 bombing missions over North Vietnam in a campaign called Operation Rolling Thunder. During this bombing campaign, which lasted for almost 44 months, U.S. forces flew 307,000 attack sorties, dropping 643,000 tons of bombs on North Vietnam (roughly the same tonnage dropped in the Pacific during all of World War II). Though the stated targets were factories, bridges, and power plants, thousands of bombs also fell on homes, schools, and hospitals. In the midst of the campaign, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara estimated that we were killing 1,000 civilians a week. That's more than one 9/11 every single month -- for 44 months.

Michael Moore Dares to Ask: What's So Heroic About Being Shot Down While Bombing Innocent Civilians? (http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/95906/michael_moore_dares_to_ask%3A_what%27s_so_heroic_a bout_being_shot_down_while_bombing_innocent_civili ans/)

Good question, Mike. What IS so heroic about being shot down while bombing innocent civilians?

actsnoblemartin
08-22-2008, 05:16 PM
do you have a point :dunno: or do you do this just to piss us off :poke:

because last time i checked, calling our soldiers traitors or murderers, your not only calling mccain that, your calling every american soldiers who dropped bombs on cities or accidently killed civilians now in aghanistian , iraq or even back to the civil war traitors and murders, by simply saying/eluding that soldiers who serve in our military, who get shot down, who get torturted in camp are not heroic. I guess if their liberal soldiers their heroic, but if their conservatives soldiers their evil :P

Good question, Mike. What IS so heroic about being shot down while bombing innocent civilians?

Gaffer
08-22-2008, 05:23 PM

And you have done what?

Little-Acorn
08-22-2008, 05:35 PM
do you have a point :dunno: or do you do this just to piss us off :poke:

He does it to get attention, which you promptly granted him. :poke:

theHawk
08-22-2008, 05:40 PM

Innocent of what?

actsnoblemartin
08-22-2008, 05:41 PM
i figured, but just wanted confirmation

He does it to get attention, which you promptly granted him. :poke:

crin63
08-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Michael Moron and his supporters: Idiots

manu1959
08-22-2008, 08:11 PM
joe ....

how do you know they were innocent and how do you know john mcain killed anyone......

also ...if you were drafted would you have refused to fight .....

Joe Steel
08-22-2008, 08:17 PM
joe ....

how do you know they were innocent and how do you know john mcain killed anyone......

They were in their own homes minding their own business. How much more innocent could they be?

Joe Steel
08-22-2008, 08:20 PM
do you have a point or do you do this just to piss us off

McCain is a dishonorable person.

Killing a civilian or two once or twice is an accident. Participating in a program of death is a crime.

manu1959
08-22-2008, 08:21 PM
They were in their own homes minding their own business. How much more innocent could they be?

really you have proof that everyday folk were just sitting in their homes watching tv and john mccain dropped a bomb on them....

08-22-2008, 08:22 PM

You really didnt answer the question.

08-22-2008, 08:22 PM

Killing a civilian or two once or twice is an accident. Participating in a program of death is a crime.

You wouldn't know a program of death if you saw it.

manu1959
08-22-2008, 08:25 PM

he is just following in the footsteps of JFK I and JFK II....you know the war heroes......

manu1959
08-22-2008, 08:26 PM
You wouldn't know a program of death if you saw it.

not true .... his love life provides him a point of reference every day.....

08-22-2008, 08:27 PM
not true .... his love life provides him a point of reference every day.....

i didnt realize his hands were deadly weapons...

Yurt
08-22-2008, 08:56 PM
i didnt realize his hands were deadly weapons...

:lol:

Sitarro
08-22-2008, 09:14 PM
really you have proof that everyday folk were just sitting in their homes watching tv and john mccain dropped a bomb on them....

Shouldn't Joe get through his freshman year of High School for the Challenged before he has to worry about the draft?

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 01:29 AM
Some of the ignorance of you chickenhawks as to the attributes of the Viet Nam War just astounds me. By now it should abundantly clear to any interested American that our (US) military participation into the political disagreements in Viet Nam were unjustified. Other than our over 58,000 dead troops, hundreds of thousands more injured troops and billions of dollars in lost American revenue and other treasure, a still shattered and somewhat fragile reputation for competent veterans care and world political expertise, just what do we have to show for that most unwise and fabricated war that remains a scourge on our history?

Our troops, including John McCain, performed our missions to the best of our abilities. As is customary in the military, we did not involve ourselves into the political ramifications for or against the war. We performed as ordered as we should.

If a debate on the justification of the Viet Nam war is what the original poster is wondering about, then that is what the original post should indicate. If the rationale behind the actions of our troops whether in Viet Nam or anywhere else is the question I can answer that with great confidence and a single sentence with which no civilian can argue. We did as we were ordered to the best of our knowledge and ability to perform our mission and trusting our participation was justified and constitutional.

War is a nasty, dirty, rotten and bloody thing. Most of us veterans of the Viet Nam war had great confidence that America would never see another war like the one in Viet Nam. We never anticipated the promotion of a doofus chickenhawk like gwb to the most powerful position on earth and how his ignorance would involve us in yet another atrocity similar to the one we had participated in. So much for my confidence in my fellow Americans which I still love and would protect to my last drop of blood or dying breath to protect.

John McCain may indeed be a "thug" as the original poster intimates. Thugs are all over the military and they certainly have their place there. John McCain's actions while serving this country in a Navy fighter bomber aircraft were admirable from a military point of view. It is the politicians and the civilian leadership at the Pentagon to work all the rest of it out with whatever defense and credibilities they can. John McCain performed superbly and as ordered.

:salute::clap::clap::clap::salute:

Thank you, John McCain

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 10:22 AM
I split this thread, the last posts are in steel cage.

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 10:43 AM
You did the correct thing, Kat.

I split this thread, the last posts are in steel cage.

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::coffee::clap::laugh2::coffee::salute:

actsnoblemartin
08-23-2008, 10:48 PM
deeply honest, insightful, intelligent, and thought provoking. From one a brave veteran who was there.

Some of you may disagree with psycho, but his passion and intelligence, cannot be questioned (not that im saying any of you are doing that)

me and blues man might not agree all the time, but like an old friend, you have over for dinner. Friendships first, politics second

bravo :salute: :clap:

bravo :clap: :salute:

Some of the ignorance of you chickenhawks as to the attributes of the Viet Nam War just astounds me. By now it should abundantly clear to any interested American that our (US) military participation into the political disagreements in Viet Nam were unjustified. Other than our over 58,000 dead troops, hundreds of thousands more injured troops and billions of dollars in lost American revenue and other treasure, a still shattered and somewhat fragile reputation for competent veterans care and world political expertise, just what do we have to show for that most unwise and fabricated war that remains a scourge on our history?

Our troops, including John McCain, performed our missions to the best of our abilities. As is customary in the military, we did not involve ourselves into the political ramifications for or against the war. We performed as ordered as we should.

If a debate on the justification of the Viet Nam war is what the original poster is wondering about, then that is what the original post should indicate. If the rationale behind the actions of our troops whether in Viet Nam or anywhere else is the question I can answer that with great confidence and a single sentence with which no civilian can argue. We did as we were ordered to the best of our knowledge and ability to perform our mission and trusting our participation was justified and constitutional.

War is a nasty, dirty, rotten and bloody thing. Most of us veterans of the Viet Nam war had great confidence that America would never see another war like the one in Viet Nam. We never anticipated the promotion of a doofus chickenhawk like gwb to the most powerful position on earth and how his ignorance would involve us in yet another atrocity similar to the one we had participated in. So much for my confidence in my fellow Americans which I still love and would protect to my last drop of blood or dying breath to protect.

John McCain may indeed be a "thug" as the original poster intimates. Thugs are all over the military and they certainly have their place there. John McCain's actions while serving this country in a Navy fighter bomber aircraft were admirable from a military point of view. It is the politicians and the civilian leadership at the Pentagon to work all the rest of it out with whatever defense and credibilities they can. John McCain performed superbly and as ordered.

Thank you, John McCain

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 11:01 PM
You are indeed an old friend of mine, marteen. And I thank you for your contributions.

deeply honest, insightful, intelligent, and thought provoking. From one a brave veteran who was there.

Some of you may disagree with psycho, but his passion and intelligence, cannot be questioned (not that im saying any of you are doing that)

me and blues man might not agree all the time, but like an old friend, you have over for dinner. Friendships first, politics second

bravo :salute: :clap:

Lemme buy you a whiskey and water, OK? I'll hold the whiskey for me and you can have the water!!!!!!!!!
:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

bravo :clap: :salute:

actsnoblemartin
08-23-2008, 11:15 PM
my dear friend psychoblues, yes, it is funny to have intelligent, lively debate with you, and i think the reason me and you do it so well, is because we respect each other, and dont attack each other for disagreeing.

:salute: my friend.

You are indeed an old friend of mine, marteen. And I thank you for your contributions.

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 11:21 PM
But, you do understand, marteen, that just one more obscene remark out of you about John McCain or his military service and I will kick the living shit out of you?!?!?!?!?!?!

my dear friend psychoblues, yes, it is funny to have intelligent, lively debate with you, and i think the reason me and you do it so well, is because we respect each other, and dont attack each other for disagreeing.

:salute: my friend.

Thanks, cat marteen!!!!!!!!

actsnoblemartin
08-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Actually I just took a shit, so youre too late :laugh2:

second, what did i say to disparage mccain?

I said the vast majority, 95-99 of the military are NOTHING but wonderful, and yeah, we may have a few knuckle heads, but so what, thats every profession

:(---

glad you like my pussy :laugh2: cat

But, you do understand, marteen, that just one more obscene remark out of you about John McCain or his military service and I will kick the living shit out of you?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks, cat marteen!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
08-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Holy Moly, marteen?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

Actually I just took a shit, so youre too late :laugh2:
second, what did i say to disparage mccain?
I said the vast majority, 95-99 of the military are NOTHING but wonderful, and yeah, we may have a few knuckle heads, but so what, thats every profession
:(---
glad you like my pussy :laugh2: cat

Your total lack of a sense of humor never ceases to amaze me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Hit it, Maybell Carter, Keep On The Sunny Side Of The Street: :salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

crin63
08-24-2008, 12:35 AM

Thank you, John McCain

Thanks PB! For your service and insight on this topic. You have my utmost admiration and appreciation for your service.

Psychoblues
08-24-2008, 12:44 AM
And you are an American Hero in my book as well, c'63. And I thank you for your American participation!!!!!!!

Thanks PB! For your service and insight on this topic. You have my utmost admiration and appreciation for your service.

Can I get you an ice cold Coca Cola?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

God Bless You, Champ!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Steel
08-24-2008, 05:44 AM
In the midst of the campaign, Defense Secretary Robert McNamara estimated that we were killing 1,000 civilians a week. That's more than one 9/11 every single month -- for 44 months.

Michael Moore Dares to Ask: What's So Heroic About Being Shot Down While Bombing Innocent Civilians? (http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/95906/michael_moore_dares_to_ask%3A_what%27s_so_heroic_a bout_being_shot_down_while_bombing_innocent_civili ans/)

Did McCain resign his commission or refuse to fly bombing missions?