PDA

View Full Version : could you be friends with a muslim?

actsnoblemartin
08-22-2008, 05:08 PM
I have two muslims friends online, and dont give two shits what someone's believes or prays too, as long as they are cool with me

but, what are your thoughts

AllieBaba
08-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Now take that poll and apply it to Muslims..asking them if they could be friends with Christians. See how the numbers compare.

actsnoblemartin
08-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Now take that poll and apply it to Muslims..asking them if they could be friends with Christians. See how the numbers compare.

well, i dont know how many muslims are on this board to be honest.

and as far as global muslims, i have no idea. any guesses for me :)

AllieBaba
08-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Go to a Muslim board.

I've talked with Muslims about this. The ones I've talked to do not consider CHristians their friends, nor do they seek friendship with them, nor do they think they have souls....though they are polite and thoughtful towards them when they are selling them items in their stores and restaurants.

Mr. P
08-22-2008, 05:31 PM
I have two muslims friends online, and dont give two shits what someone's believes or prays too, as long as they are cool with me

but, what are your thoughts

Mine...They can't decapitate you on the net, Martin.

crin63
08-22-2008, 06:08 PM
I've not really had the opportunity to be friends with a muslim.

I'm very narrow minded but I suppose if I lead and they follow there might be opportunity for friendship to a certain point.

I'm always nice to them and I invite the ones I meet to church frequently.

AllieBaba
08-22-2008, 06:34 PM
I've not really had the opportunity to be friends with a muslim.

I'm very narrow minded but I suppose if I lead and they follow there might be opportunity for friendship to a certain point.

I'm always nice to them and I invite the ones I meet to church frequently.

I'll bet they love that, lol.

April15
08-22-2008, 07:19 PM
have relatives who are.

darin
08-22-2008, 07:30 PM
I am friends with 'a' muslim. He and his family are very good people, and likely closer to God than many "Christians" i know of. :)

Yurt
08-22-2008, 08:06 PM
absolutely. God will is greater than mine, if God wants the muslim to find out about Him, the Holy Spirit and His Son, so be it and if i am a vehicle for that, sure.

Said1
08-22-2008, 08:31 PM
I have a few Muslim friends and many Muslim acquaintances and coworkers. In fact, two of my favorite gals at work are Muslims - always smiling and ready to joke and chat.

manu1959
08-22-2008, 08:42 PM
only over a plate of green eggs and ham.....

retiredman
08-22-2008, 09:55 PM
I made scores of muslim friends while living in the middle east. I remain close to a number of them now a quarter of a century later. Several of them have visited me here in Maine when they were travelling in America.

The way that Bush and the fundamentalist Christians have villified Islam in general because of the actions of a tiny minority is appalling.

Mr. P
08-22-2008, 10:02 PM
I made scores of muslim friends while living in the middle east. I remain close to a number of them now a quarter of a century later. Several of them have visited me here in Maine when they were travelling in America.

The way that Bush and the fundamentalist Christians have villified Islam in general because of the actions of a tiny minority is appalling.

And the cheering in the streets around the world by 1000s of Muslims on 9/11 wasn't/isn't appalling? Pleassssssssse!

retiredman
08-22-2008, 10:13 PM
And the cheering in the streets around the world by 1000s of Muslims on 9/11 wasn't/isn't appalling? Pleassssssssse!

of course the cheering by muslims was appalling. Nonetheless, those that cheered represented a minute percentage of muslims worldwide....

like I said, the villification of Islam for the actions of a tiny minority by this administration - and by YOU - is appalling and distinctly repugnant.

Yurt
08-22-2008, 10:19 PM

that is a LIE.

bush has actually defended islam and made a point that we are at war with a tiny minority of those who profess allegiance to islam.

manu1959
08-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Bush and the fundamentalist Christians have villified Islam in general because of the actions of a tiny minority is appalling.

bullshit

they did it to themselves in the first century....

Mr. P
08-22-2008, 10:31 PM

of course the cheering by muslims was appalling. Nonetheless, those that cheered represented a minute percentage of muslims worldwide....

like I said, the villification of Islam for the actions of a tiny minority by this administration - and by YOU - is appalling and distinctly repugnant.

Please show me where I vilified Islam in my post. Yer way off base here.

retiredman
08-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Bush and the fundamentalist Christians have villified Islam in general because of the actions of a tiny minority is appalling.

bullshit

they did it to themselves in the first century....

muslims didn't even fucking EXIST until the seventh century, moron.

go crawl back, under your fucking rock.

retiredman
08-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Please show me where I vilified Islam in my post. Yer way off base here.

nice dodge.

fucking pathetic.

Mr. P
08-22-2008, 10:41 PM
nice dodge.

fucking pathetic.

Show me or STFU.

Yurt
08-22-2008, 10:44 PM
muslims didn't even fucking EXIST until the seventh century, moron.

go crawl back, under your fucking rock.

moron, first century of the muslim existence :poke:

retiredman
08-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Show me or STFU.

you tried to suggest that the actions of a statistically insignificant number of muslims were somehow otherwise.

like I said, fucking pathetic.

Mr. P
08-22-2008, 10:59 PM

you tried to suggest that the actions of a statistically insignificant number of muslims were somehow otherwise.

Show me and the readers where I did that please.

retiredman
08-22-2008, 11:38 PM
Show me and the readers where I did that please.

why, pray tell, did you bring it up if you did not think it was significant?

It is no more statistically significant than if six muslims had celebrated.

Noir
08-23-2008, 05:07 AM
have plenty of Muslim friends, and they're pretty much pike my christain friends, I don't think religion makes any difference whatso ever.

red states rule
08-23-2008, 06:46 AM

Yea, waving the white flag of surrender, and hoping your country loses a war, will make you friends in the muslim world

Gaffer
08-23-2008, 07:41 AM
I vilify muslims at every opportunity. It's not a minority doing evil deeds. It's the majority. The minority live mostly in the west and don't practice their religion. Those are the ones you can be friends with. The fundamentalist muslim will never be your friend, though he will use deception to appear so.

It amazes me no end how people try to paint a rosy picture of islam and claim it to be just another religion similar to christians and hindu's and budists.

So how many have friends that are satanists? After all its just another misunderstood religion, right? They just have a bad name because of a tiny minority.

April15
08-23-2008, 09:44 AM
have plenty of Muslim friends, and they're pretty much pike my christain friends, I don't think religion makes any difference whatso ever.I would say you are correct but think that having no religion makes an even better person. No God to die for or defend!

red states rule
08-23-2008, 09:46 AM
I would say you are correct but think that having no religion makes an even better person. No God to die for or defend!

Good luck when you go for final judgement. You will have to go it alone - no ACLU lawyer will be there to plead your case

retiredman
08-23-2008, 11:14 AM
I vilify muslims at every opportunity. It's not a minority doing evil deeds. It's the majority. The minority live mostly in the west and don't practice their religion. Those are the ones you can be friends with. The fundamentalist muslim will never be your friend, though he will use deception to appear so.

It amazes me no end how people try to paint a rosy picture of islam and claim it to be just another religion similar to christians and hindu's and budists.

So how many have friends that are satanists? After all its just another misunderstood religion, right? They just have a bad name because of a tiny minority.
and what exactly is the nature of your experience living in the middle east that would give you such an apparently informed opinion?

red states rule
08-23-2008, 11:15 AM
and what exactly is the nature of your experience living in the middle east that would give you such an apparently informed opinion?

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/127502.jpg

April15
08-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Good luck when you go for final judgement. You will have to go it alone - no ACLU lawyer will be there to plead your caseI find the theory of final judgment to be a bit sophmoreic in concept and application. The here and now is your best place to do good.

red states rule
08-23-2008, 12:49 PM
I find the theory of final judgment to be a bit sophmoreic in concept and application. The here and now is your best place to do good.

I do hope you learn before it is to late, Obama is not your messiah

You will meet the real one when you leave this world. I do wish you the best when the meeting takes pleace

retiredman
08-23-2008, 07:18 PM
I find the theory of final judgment to be a bit sophmoreic in concept and application. The here and now is your best place to do good.

That is certainly how Jesus would look at it... taking care of your fellow man/woman here and now is what Jesus wants us to do.

April15
08-23-2008, 08:14 PM
I do hope you learn before it is to late, Obama is not your messiah

You will meet the real one when you leave this world. I do wish you the best when the meeting takes pleaceYou can believe what you wish. There is no messiah except in language.

April15
08-23-2008, 08:17 PM
That is certainly how Jesus would look at it... taking care of your fellow man/woman here and now is what Jesus wants us to do.With or without Jesus approval you are only as renowned as your kindness and ability to teach it.

actsnoblemartin
08-23-2008, 08:50 PM

Im not looking for a fight, im just wondering if you think that the muslim minority, is 1%, 5%, 10%, 15% or more

and what does it mean?, those who plan the terrorism, those who fund the terrorism, those who pull off the attacks, those who morally support or believe that terrorism is a good thing?

and any links, or your reasoning behind it, and when and where in the middle east

Again, please let me say. Im curious not accusatory. So please dont take offense and lets discuss this further in this thread

red states rule
08-24-2008, 07:59 AM
That is certainly how Jesus would look at it... taking care of your fellow man/woman here and now is what Jesus wants us to do.

and what woulf you know about Jesus?

If you do know about him, you do a great job of ignoring his teachings and do the opposite of what he would do in most instances

red states rule
08-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Im not looking for a fight, im just wondering if you think that the muslim minority, is 1%, 5%, 10%, 15% or more

and what does it mean?, those who plan the terrorism, those who fund the terrorism, those who pull off the attacks, those who morally support or believe that terrorism is a good thing?

and any links, or your reasoning behind it, and when and where in the middle east

Again, please let me say. Im curious not accusatory. So please dont take offense and lets discuss this further in this thread

As with liberals, 99% of Muslims give the rest a bad name

retiredman
08-24-2008, 12:57 PM

here is a nice and broad overview for you:

http://www.charismamag.com/display.php?id=7720

and here is a great article about a recent Gallup poll:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7267100.stm

actsnoblemartin
08-24-2008, 01:01 PM
I dont agree, but i respect your opinion

As with liberals, 99% of Muslims give the rest a bad name

retiredman
08-24-2008, 01:19 PM
martin.... having read the two links I gave you, did they cause you to revise your previously held opinion about muslims worldwide - despite your "respect" for RSR's clearly inflammatory and flatulent thoughts to the contrary?

red states rule
08-24-2008, 01:19 PM
martin.... having read the two links I gave you, did they cause you to revise your previously held opinion about muslims worldwide - despite your "respect" for RSR's clearly inflammatory and flatulent thoughts to the contrary?

Well, I have no desire to respect or gain the respect of Muslims

You on the other hand by waving the white flag of surrender, and hoping your country loses a war, has earned you the respect of many Muslims

Gaffer
08-24-2008, 01:36 PM

I don't need to have live in the middle east to have my informed opinion.

Said1
08-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Does anyone think those nasty old Muslims would be nicer if they weren't Muslims? I mean, taking religion out of the mix does not take away all their grievences, does it? Or does it?

retiredman
08-24-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't need to have live in the middle east to have my informed opinion.

"informed" in your eyes only.

go read the two links I posted for martin to read. you might actually learn something.

actsnoblemartin
08-25-2008, 02:12 AM
i've read both articles, and found them interesting.

I would recommend it highly, as an interesting read.

here is a nice and broad overview for you:

http://www.charismamag.com/display.php?id=7720

and here is a great article about a recent Gallup poll:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7267100.stm

retiredman
08-25-2008, 06:01 AM
i've read both articles, and found them interesting.

I would recommend it highly, as an interesting read.

and doesn't the bbc article about the gallup poll pretty much confirm what I have been saying all along?

actsnoblemartin
08-25-2008, 04:08 PM
and doesn't the bbc article about the gallup poll pretty much confirm what I have been saying all along?

I dont remember what you've been saying all along :laugh2:

you expect me to remember things, that is not my strong suit brother :salute:

retiredman
08-25-2008, 04:46 PM
I dont remember what you've been saying all along :laugh2:

you expect me to remember things, that is not my strong suit brother :salute:

I have said all along that, based upon my personal experience, I believed that the vast majority of muslims were peaceful non-fanatical folks who were really not that much different from us. Folks like your buddies yurt and RSR would have you believe exactly the opposite. And here, an extremely comprehensive poll from gallup supports MY position and not theirs. Would you agree?

actsnoblemartin
08-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Yes I would agree most muslims, are not interested in jihad.

I have said all along that, based upon my personal experience, I believed that the vast majority of muslims were peaceful non-fanatical folks who were really not that much different from us. Folks like your buddies yurt and RSR would have you believe exactly the opposite. And here, an extremely comprehensive poll from gallup supports MY position and not theirs. Would you agree?

actsnoblemartin
08-28-2008, 04:50 PM
excellent job with the articles, youre a very good/excellent poster :salute:

red states rule
08-28-2008, 04:52 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/122702.jpg

actsnoblemartin
08-28-2008, 04:55 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/122702.jpg

I'd say the total jihadist/america haters are somewhere between, and this is a rough estimate, maybe 5-15% or more.

I like to listen to terrorism experts, but those percentages, are still to me the worlds most dangerous

red states rule
08-28-2008, 04:56 PM
I'd say the total jihadist/america haters are somewhere between, and this is a rough estimate, maybe 5-15% or more.

I like to listen to terrorism experts, but those percentages, are still to me the worlds most dangerous

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/137291.jpg

Yurt
08-29-2008, 01:38 PM

you little liar. i have never said the vast majority of muslims are violent fanatical folks. you can't back up your lies as i never said that and you conveniently and cowardly hide behind the ignore function while spouting bullshit about me. what is the point of ignore if you are going to talk smack. you're pathetic.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 01:42 PM
you little liar. i have never said the vast majority of muslims are violent fanatical folks. you can't back up your lies as i never said that and you conveniently and cowardly hide behind the ignore function while spouting bullshit about me. what is the point of ignore if you are going to talk smack. you're pathetic.

Are you surprised by his actions Yurt? It has become a habit with him

Yurt
08-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Are you surprised by his actions Yurt? It has become a habit with him

not at all. but martin believes him and it had to be said.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 02:01 PM

Martin tries to give people the benefit of the doubt regardless of the facts and past actions

actsnoblemartin
08-29-2008, 06:43 PM
wait what?

whats going on?

actsnoblemartin
08-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Martin tries to give people the benefit of the doubt regardless of the facts and past actions

my conversation with msm, was about whether most muslims are evil jihadists, now I cant and wont speak for him or others.

so if he, or you, or anyone else says something about someone else, im not gonna fight them, im gonna stick to the topic, and the original topic was, are most muslims evil jihadists.

I dont believe they are all bad, or even over 50%

at worst 30-50%, but i only have proof of about maybe 15% at the present time, from an article i saw.

Yurt
08-29-2008, 06:53 PM
wait what?

whats going on?

all you have to do is scroll back a few of posts to get the gist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfrommaine

mfm made a false claim about me to you. i replied:

actsnoblemartin
08-29-2008, 06:58 PM
I did not know that, that was the case.

I apologize, I should have asked you and rsr how you felt about muslims right after that, so there was no confusion

my humble apology to you and rsr sir's

all you have to do is scroll back a few of posts to get the gist...

mfm made a false claim about me to you. i replied:

retiredman
08-29-2008, 10:19 PM
I did not know that, that was the case.

I apologize, I should have asked you and rsr how you felt about muslims right after that, so there was no confusion

my humble apology to you and rsr sir's

yurt -and rsr -have continually questioned the validity of my observations about muslims. They have said that, because I lived with them nearly 30 years ago, that my opinions are no more valid than those of someone who had never lived with them at all. They have continually questioned my assertion that the vast majority of muslims are non-militant and are, in fact, quite friendly to people from the west and quite accepting of the ideologies of the west. That viewpoint was soundly supported by the gallup survey that I linked you to. Neither of them, of course, will ever admit that they were wrong. That is a given, and I don't even care about either of their opinions...I am interested in seeing that you, martin, learn facts and not be swayed by your personal friendships.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:22 PM
yurt -and rsr -have continually questioned the validity of my observations about muslims. They have said that, because I lived with them nearly 30 years ago, that my opinions are no more valid than those of someone who had never lived with them at all. They have continually questioned my assertion that the vast majority of muslims are non-militant and are, in fact, quite friendly to people from the west and quite accepting of the ideologies of the west. That viewpoint was soundly supported by the gallup survey that I linked you to. Neither of them, of course, will ever admit that they were wrong. That is a given, and I don't even care about either of their opinions...I am interested in seeing that you, martin, learn facts and not be swayed by your personal friendships.

Of course you would get along with muslims MFM

By waving the white flag of surrender, and hoping your country loses a war, has earned you the respect of many Muslims

Is that what your observations about muslims is based on?

actsnoblemartin
08-29-2008, 10:41 PM
I knew you spent some time in islamic countries, but 30 years?

wow. The assertion you know the same or less then someone with minimal interaction is absurd. Oh, and dont worry, i consider you a friend, and rsr and yurt, and everyone knows, they cannot, and will not make me be friends or not friends with anyone.

I enjoy my correspondents with you, regardless of what others say, I find you intelligent, articulate, thought provoking, and an excellent poster, and nothing will change that

Thank you for being a teacher for me

:salute:

p.s.

can you tell me about your experiences with muslims, i.e. where did you go, what did you do, im just curious my friend

actsnoblemartin
08-29-2008, 10:42 PM
common rsr :poke:

have you actually asked him what he did, and where he was.

So he didnt believe in the war, thats not unpatriotic, its actually brave to stand up for what you believe in, even if 1% or 100% agree with you

Im sorry, were gonna have to agree to disagree here

Of course you would get along with muslims MFM

By waving the white flag of surrender, and hoping your country loses a war, has earned you the respect of many Muslims

Is that what your observations about muslims is based on?

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:43 PM

wow. The assertion you know the same or less then someone with minimal interaction is absurd. Oh, and dont worry, i consider you a friend, and rsr and yurt, and everyone knows, they cannot, and will not make me be friends or not friends with anyone.

I enjoy my correspondents with you, regardless of what others say, I find you intelligent, articulate, thought provoking, and an excellent poster, and nothing will change that

p.s.

can you tell me about your experiences with muslims, i.e. where did you go, what did you do, im just curious my friend

:puke:

actsnoblemartin
08-29-2008, 10:44 PM
:puke:

Oh father, you are a teacher too.

I enjoy your wisdom, laughter, and presence here, so relax :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-29-2008, 10:45 PM
He said he spent 30 years? I don't think so.

MFM, now you have Martin thinking you were in ME for 30 years, can you please clarify?

retiredman
08-29-2008, 10:45 PM

p.s.

I lived with them for two years nearly 30 years ago in south lebanon and in beirut. 1981 and 1982. your friends want to make that experience mean nothing and denigrate any opinion I have about average muslims. My only point is: my observations are directly supported by the gallup poll that I linked you to. they, of course, will refuse to acknowledge that.

Kathianne
08-29-2008, 10:46 PM
I lived with them for two years nearly 30 years ago in south lebanon and in beirut. 1981 and 1982. your friends want to make that experience mean nothing and denigrate any opinion I have about average muslims. My only point is: my observations are directly supported by the gallup poll that I linked you to. they, of course, will refuse to acknowledge that.

Thank you, in advance.

Yurt
08-29-2008, 10:47 PM
martin, notice he did not back up his claim. i suspect i am not on ignore, as his post seems to respond to what i said and you did not quote all of that, so he did not get it from your post, or so it seems.

ask him to back up his claim about what i said. he is either telling the truth, or lying. if i said what he claimed, i will admit i am wrong, and send mfm a pm apology.

other than that, ignore his bull. he is dicking with you.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:48 PM

I bet your experiences are seared into your memory like John Kerry

actsnoblemartin
08-29-2008, 10:48 PM
im just curious if you keep in touch with any of them still?

do you talk to any muslims outside the u.s.?

do you think islam or muslims have changed since the early 80's and what do you think makes some muslims hate us?

actsnoblemartin
08-29-2008, 10:50 PM
can you remind me, what he claimed, that you want him to back up. I dont have the greatest memory sir

martin, notice he did not back up his claim. i suspect i am not on ignore, as his post seems to respond to what i said and you did not quote all of that, so he did not get it from your post, or so it seems.

ask him to back up his claim about what i said. he is either telling the truth, or lying. if i said what he claimed, i will admit i am wrong, and send mfm a pm apology.

other than that, ignore his bull. he is dicking with you.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:50 PM

do you think islam or muslims have changed since the early 80's and what do you think makes some muslims hate us?

I am sure he talks to them at the pro terrorist anti war rallies

Kathianne
08-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Martin, the posts are there to read. Seriously.

actsnoblemartin
08-29-2008, 10:52 PM
ok sheesh

by the way, yurt is this what you want maineman to back up?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=287773&postcount=51

Martin, the posts are there to read. Seriously.

retiredman
08-29-2008, 10:53 PM

I am in email contact with several. A number of my lebanese friends have visited me here in maine. I do not think that Islam has changed significantly since the 80's and, as I said, and as the gallup poll affirms, the vast majority of muslims do not hate us.

actsnoblemartin
08-29-2008, 10:53 PM
for the record i like to learn about different things, it helps me think.

so any articles, and such are cool, and yurt, you are a wise sage, who i seek counsel from as well :salute:

actsnoblemartin
08-29-2008, 10:55 PM
I was just curious if you kept in contact with them, and i i think its awesome you have!

second, i was just wondering, if you thought islam has been the same since you and muslims were the same, since the 80's

Im too young to really know when fundametalist islam began, or has had its moments of up and downs.

I do appreciate the articles, keep um coming and agree with its contents.

thanks for having such a nice peaceful dialogue with me :)

:salute: patriot

I am in email contact with several. A number of my lebanese friends have visited me here in maine. I do not think that Islam has changed significantly since the 80's and, as I said, and as the gallup poll affirms, the vast majority of muslims do not hate us.

actsnoblemartin
08-29-2008, 10:57 PM
I never said this, but i like your avatar, its lovely. :clap:

red states rule
08-29-2008, 10:57 PM

So this is not hate eh?

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/115666.jpg

actsnoblemartin
08-29-2008, 11:00 PM
those people really need to get laid

:lol:

So this is not hate eh?

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/115666.jpg

retiredman
08-29-2008, 11:11 PM
those people really need to get laid

to suggest that a picture of a few muslims disproves my contention - and gallup's findings - that the vast majority of muslims do not hate the west, is typical of your silly friend. It is why I don't read his stuff anymore.

red states rule
08-29-2008, 11:14 PM
to suggest that a picture of a few muslims disproves my contention - and gallup's findings - that the vast majority of muslims do not hate the west, is typical of your silly friend. It is why I don't read his stuff anymore.

You do read my posts. You simply do not have any facts to counter them

Like muslims, and your party, you have a distain for America; and are willing to see her harmed thinking it helps you gain more politcal party

Gaffer
08-30-2008, 10:09 AM
It's not that muslims hate us. It's that they believe sharia law trumps everything else. And everyone should live under it. There are two factions on this. The ones that violently want to impose it on everyone and those that are willing to wait patiently and use more subtle means. Both have the same goals.

islam is not about tolerance, peace and love. It's about control.

The average mo on the street is a nice guy. But he has been brainwashed since birth, and when his imam tells him to go out and kill the infidel because allah says so, then he will do it. Friendships are put aside as allah commands.

Friendships are easy to come by. Go into a cell block in a prison. You will come out with a lot of friends. Most of which would rob, beat and kill you at the first opportunity.

As for when radical islam began. It began with mohammed and hasn't changed in 1400 years. It's islams base.

Yurt
08-30-2008, 11:23 AM
martin, notice the liar from maine did not support his accusation against me. why do you think that is?

red states rule
08-30-2008, 11:25 AM
martin, notice the liar from maine did not support his accusation against me. why do you think that is?

Because he has you on ignore? :laugh2:

My Winter Storm
08-31-2008, 12:59 AM

Oh, so just because thousands of Muslims cheered 9/11 it must mean they are all the same, right? How narrow minded.

red states rule
08-31-2008, 07:43 AM
Oh, so just because thousands of Muslims cheered 9/11 it must mean they are all the same, right? How narrow minded.

Not all terrorists are muslims, but so fa,r all the terrorists I have seen have been muslims

mundame
09-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Not all terrorists are muslims, but so fa,r all the terrorists I have seen have been muslims

Well, that's the thing.

There's a muslim man at work and while he's very nice, I don't care to make up to him.

A muslim woman from Singapore came to a BBQ at my house, works with my husband, and she went on and ON questioning me about whether my potato salad had any pork in it, for example bacon. Or bacon bits?

[Sigh] I was polite, but afterward I kicked myself, I shouldn't have been.

Yes, I should have been polite because she was a guest.

But she was a darn rude guest.

In general, I don't trust these muslims. They want to take over the Earth and kill or convert us all, and somehow, that rubs me the wrong way.

retiredman
09-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Well, that's the thing.

There's a muslim man at work and while he's very nice, I don't care to make up to him.

A muslim woman from Singapore came to a BBQ at my house, works with my husband, and she went on and ON questioning me about whether my potato salad had any pork in it, for example bacon. Or bacon bits?

[Sigh] I was polite, but afterward I kicked myself, I shouldn't have been.

Yes, I should have been polite because she was a guest.

But she was a darn rude guest.

In general, I don't trust these muslims. They want to take over the Earth and kill or convert us all, and somehow, that rubs me the wrong way.

I am curious...was Timothy McVeigh a muslim?

Little-Acorn
09-02-2008, 05:29 PM
could you be friends with a muslim?

Sure, why not?

If there was somebody who thought it was a good idea to kill a few thousand American civilians at a stroke by hijacking large aircraft and crashing them into very large buildings, I don't think I could be friends with that person, whether he was Muslim or not.

But it's not because of his religion, whatever it was. It's because of his vile thoughts and desires.

retiredman
09-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Sure, why not?

If there was somebody who thought it was a good idea to kill a few thousand American civilians at a stroke by hijacking large aircraft and crashing them into very large buildings, I don't think I could be friends with that person, whether he was Muslim or not.

But it's not because of his religion, whatever it was. It's because of his vile thoughts and desires.

precisely. polls show that the VAST majority of muslims around the world do not have extreme views,and do, in fact, want democracy and peace.

Yurt
09-02-2008, 07:14 PM
as if the vast majority of muslims control islam, it is the powerful imams that command obedience and get it...as if polls taken by some WESTERN company proves anything about islam :laugh2: only a moron would believe that a western pollling company speaks for the vast majority of muslims...

retiredman
09-02-2008, 07:38 PM
precisely. polls show that the VAST majority of muslims around the world do not have extreme views,and do, in fact, want democracy and peace.

http://www.gallup.com/consulting/worldpoll/26410/gallup-center-muslim-studies.aspx

Yurt
09-02-2008, 07:45 PM

this is the extent of mfm's posts now? he has to continually quote himself :laugh2:

too bad he can't debate

Silver
09-02-2008, 08:27 PM
http://www.gallup.com/consulting/worldpoll/26410/gallup-center-muslim-studies.aspx

The whole fuckin' religion is extreme.....

They practically enslave the female population, few rights compared to men

they condone murder of females for perceived sins (real or imagined) at will

they have yearly stampedes during religious rites that cause the deaths of hundreds including their children

These are the events of "normal, what you think of as non-extreme Muslims"

Most terrorism in the world is because of what you might call "extremist Muslims,(not all, but most)

retiredman
09-02-2008, 08:29 PM
The whole fuckin' religion is extreme.....

They practically enslave the female population, few rights compared to men

they condone murder of females for perceived sins (real or imagined) at will

they have yearly stampedes during religious rites that cause the deaths of hundreds including their children

These are the events of "normal, what you think of as non-extreme Muslims"

Most terrorism in the world is because of what you might call "extremist Muslims,(not all, but most)

did you read any of the gallup poll results? yes or no

Silver
09-02-2008, 08:38 PM
did you read any of the gallup poll results? yes or no

Of course I did....comparing the traits and values we have in common with them is of little value.....its the extreme religious views we don't have in common with them that makes them seem uncivilized in this 21st century.....

Slavery is pretty much frowned upon in most pats of the world....it thrives in the ME....

retiredman
09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Of course I did....comparing the traits and values we have in common with them is of little value.....its the extreme religious views we don't have in common with them that makes them seem uncivilized in this 21st century.....

Slavery is pretty much frowned upon in most pats of the world....it thrives in the ME....

I lived in the middle east and never saw slavery. you just spew unsupported hatred.

Abbey Marie
09-02-2008, 09:00 PM
It would be difficult for me to be friends with someone who sees women as practically chattel, and who won't even shake my hand for fear of violating his religious doctrine.

retiredman
09-02-2008, 09:06 PM
It would be difficult for me to be friends with someone who sees women as practically chattel, and who won't even shake my hand for fear of violating his religious doctrine.

most muslims do not see women as chattel. most muslims would gladly shake your hand.

Abbey Marie
09-02-2008, 09:07 PM
most muslims do not see women as chattel. most muslims would gladly shake your hand.

Nope. This is something I have seen with my own eyes. Perhaps you are thinking of non-religious Muslims.

retiredman
09-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Nope. This is something I have seen with my own eyes. Perhaps you are thinking of non-religious Muslims.

something you have seen with your own eyes regarding muslim behavior here in the USA is hardly indicative of how MOST muslims around the planet would treat you or would consider women.

sorry.

Yurt
09-02-2008, 09:20 PM
islamic law mandates that women do not have the same witness power as men, they are NOT equal in a court of islamic law. mfm has no clue what he is talking about, he has never actually studied up on islamic writings, rather, he relies on some alleged experience he had in a very tiny area of the ME over two decades ago...an area that is not wholly islamic.

Gaffer
09-03-2008, 11:23 AM
I lived in the middle east and never saw slavery. you just spew unsupported hatred.

You never bothered to look. Lebanon in the 80's was not a hot bed of slavery.

retiredman
09-03-2008, 02:19 PM
You never bothered to look. Lebanon in the 80's was not a hot bed of slavery.

have YOU seen slavery in the middle east?

or just read about it?