PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: CNN Reports Biden Is Obama Pick For VP

Psychoblues
08-22-2008, 11:53 PM
CNN is now reporting it has verified that Obama has offered the gig to Joe Biden and Joe has accepted. I am certain we'll all be hearing much more about this in the next few days!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

08-23-2008, 12:08 AM
Well that's going to make Rush Limbaugh very happy if true.

I've determined that the only way to truly understand liberals is to think the exact opposite way a rational person would think.

manu1959
08-23-2008, 12:19 AM
of all the dems....i like biden the best.....he is a cranky olde fuck.....plus i thought he did the best in all the debates.......

so the young man picks and olde man (does biden duck hunt?)

and the olde man will pick a young man.......

08-23-2008, 12:46 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l5kVRTU-iyk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l5kVRTU-iyk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This is an old Biden ad... Completely undermines Obama. it's rather funny.

Side note - Did Democrats ever not hate America?

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 01:36 AM
Who gives a rat's ass what makes Rush Limpdick happy or unhappy about?!?!?!?!

Well that's going to make Rush Limbaugh very happy if true.

I've determined that the only way to truly understand liberals is to think the exact opposite way a rational person would think.

Joe Biden will make an excellent Vice President!!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
08-23-2008, 02:14 AM

It's really not that important what type of V.P. he'll make, what kind of President will he make?

theHawk
08-23-2008, 02:53 AM
I was right! Its the Obama bin Biden ticket!

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 02:57 AM
I was right! Its the Obama bin Biden ticket!

It's going to be interesting, Biden has said a lot of things against Obama, still has not formally endorsed him.

While he brings to the party his foreign affairs credentials, he also brings his long winded, foot in mouth legacy. I think it will be interesting this fall though. As Manu, I believe wrote, young picks old guy; old guy will pick young guy. Perhaps for debates it can be a cross ticket match up?

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 03:47 AM
I don't think age will be any significant factor, Kat, beyond the hate radio crowd, but I do believe Obama picked Biden because of his demonstrated willingness and ability to cross the aisle and get things done in a credible and responsible way. I also think that will be the largest consideration for John McCain to do pretty much the same.

Americans are sick of gridlock and incompetency from the Executive Branch.

Can I buy you a Cosmos?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 03:55 AM
I don't think age will be any significant factor, Kat, beyond the hate radio crowd, but I do believe Obama picked Biden because of his demonstrated willingness and ability to cross the aisle and get things done in a credible and responsible way. I also think that will be the largest consideration for John McCain to do pretty much the same.

Americans are sick of gridlock and incompetency from the Executive Branch.

Can I buy you a Cosmos?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Granted Biden, like McCain does bring that. Obama has said he's for bi-partisanship, problem is little evidence of such. Of the whole Democrat field Biden would have been my pick, if I was going to go Democrat.

Still he is going to be nailed with the things he's said about Obama and McCain.

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 04:54 AM
Could be, but I doubt it, Kat. The hate radio bunch will all piss down their legs with it but everyday Americans will listen to very little of it, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!!??!?

Granted Biden, like McCain does bring that. Obama has said he's for bi-partisanship, problem is little evidence of such. Of the whole Democrat field Biden would have been my pick, if I was going to go Democrat.

Still he is going to be nailed with the things he's said about Obama and McCain.

Campaigning is always poisonous. Most of us know that. I still say McCain will now be placed under great pressure to choose a bi-partisan type as his running mate. But, he's been so hard headed lately he just may not. Suits me whatever he does!!!!!!!!!

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 04:56 AM
Could be, but I doubt it, Kat. The hate radio bunch will all piss down their legs with it but everyday Americans will listen to very little of it, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!!??!?

Campaigning is always poisonous. Most of us know that. I still say McCain will now be placed under great pressure to choose a bi-partisan type as his running mate. But, he's been so hard headed lately he just may not. Suits me whatever he does!!!!!!!!!

McCain doesn't need to, he's probably the most bi-partisan of all Senators.

PostmodernProphet
08-23-2008, 05:15 AM
It is not unusual for candidates to pick VP's that contrast with their own image in order to expand the people willing to vote for them.....picking an experienced person willing to act in a bi-partisan fashion is exactly that for Obama......

if McCain is going to do the same thing, he would pick an unexperienced person who was strongly partisan.....

red states rule
08-23-2008, 06:08 AM
It's going to be interesting, Biden has said a lot of things against Obama, still has not formally endorsed him.

While he brings to the party his foreign affairs credentials, he also brings his long winded, foot in mouth legacy. I think it will be interesting this fall though. As Manu, I believe wrote, young picks old guy; old guy will pick young guy. Perhaps for debates it can be a cross ticket match up?

Biden has given McCain great ad material

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=17041

Joe Steel
08-23-2008, 06:10 AM
It's a good choice. An Obama-Biden ticket has more policy experience than a McCain-Anybody ticket. The Obama administration will be ready to go on day one.

AFbombloader
08-23-2008, 06:11 AM
Nothing else needs to be said.......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RDVUPqoowf8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RDVUPqoowf8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

AF:salute:

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 06:20 AM
That was then, this is now, afbl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only the genuine hate radio nuts will embrace any significantly adverse meaning to that. And, they don't count in the Democratic column anyway so what's the big deal?!?!?!?!??!

red states rule
08-23-2008, 06:21 AM
That was then, this is now, afbl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only the genuine hate radio nuts will embrace any significantly adverse meaning to that. And, they don't count in the Democratic column anyway so what's the big deal?!?!?!?!??!

So only genuine hate radio nuts remember what Dems say, do, promise, and stand for?

Got it

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 07:29 AM
No, you didn't get it, rsr.

So only genuine hate radio nuts remember what Dems say, do, promise, and stand for?

Got it

But, that's for you to work out for yourself, idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
08-23-2008, 07:32 AM
From my link

It contains a wealth of words from the Dem VP

Just Words’ That Joe Biden Would Like To Forget
The curse of a loose mouth and Nexis.

By Jim Geraghty

The fun thing about an Obama-Biden ticket is that the McCain campaign can point to a new awkward comment by Joe Biden — either on the importance of experience, in praise of McCain, or in support of invading Iraq — that contradicts the stands and qualities of the Democratic nominee for every day from now until Election Day.

On McCain:
Biden, on a post-debate appearance on MSNBC, October 30, 2007: “The only guy on the other side who’s qualified is John McCain.”

Biden appearing on The Daily Show, August 2, 2005: “John McCain is a personal friend, a great friend, and I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off, be well off no matter who...”

On Meet the Press, November 27, 2005: “I’ve been calling for more troops for over two years, along with John McCain and others subsequent to my saying that.”

On Obama:
Reacting to an Obama speech on counterterrorism, August 1, 2007: “‘Look, the truth is the four major things he called for, well, hell that’s what I called for,’ Biden said today on MSNBC’s Hardball, echoing comments he made earlier in the day at an event promoting his book at the National Press Club. Biden added, ‘I’m glad he’s talking about these things.’”

Also that day, the Biden campaign issued a release that began, “The Biden for President Campaign today congratulated Sen. Barack Obama for arriving at a number of Sen. Biden’s long-held views on combating al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan.” That release mocked Obama for asking about the “stunning level of mercury in fish” and asked about a proposal for the U.S. adopt a ban on mercury sales abroad at a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing.

Assessing Obama’s Iraq plan on September 13, 2007: “My impression is [Obama] thinks that if we leave, somehow the Iraqis are going to have an epiphany” of peaceful coexistence among warring sects. “I’ve seen zero evidence of that.”

Speaking to the New York Observer: Biden was equally skeptical — albeit in a slightly more backhanded way — about Mr. Obama. “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” he said. “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

Also from that Observer interview: “But — and the ‘but’ was clearly inevitable — he doubts whether American voters are going to elect ‘a one-term, a guy who has served for four years in the Senate,’ and added: ‘I don’t recall hearing a word from Barack about a plan or a tactic.’”

Around that time, Biden in an interview with the Huffington Post, he assessed Obama and Hillary Clinton: “The more people learn about them (Obama and Hillary) and how they handle the pressure, the more their support will evaporate.”

December 11, 2007: “If Iowans believe campaign funds and celebrity will fix the debacle in Iraq, put the economy on track, and provide health care and education for America’s children, they should support another candidate,” said Biden for President Campaign Manager Luis Navarro. “But I’m confident that Iowans know what I know: our problems will require experience and leadership from Day One. Empty slogans will be no match for proven action on caucus night.”

Also that night, Biden said in a campaign ad, “When this campaign is over, political slogans like ‘experience’ and ‘change’ will mean absolutely nothing. The next president has to act.”

September 26, 2007: Biden for President Campaign Manager Luis Navarro said, “Sen. Obama said he would do everything possible to end the war in Iraq and emphasized the need for a political solution yet he failed to show up to vote for Sen. Biden’s critical amendment to provide a political solution in Iraq.

December 26, 2006: “Frankly, I think I’m more qualified than other candidates, and the issues facing the American public are all in my wheelbarrow.”

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 07:37 AM
That and a buck will buy you a cup of coffee and maybe an hour or so with your favorite hate radio conversational friends, dumbo. It will not mean anything to thinking people and now left leaning republicans. Go ahead, give it your best shot, cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!! You make yourself look more ridiculous each time you open your cyber mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFbombloader
08-23-2008, 09:09 AM

Hey, I didn't say it, the VP candidate did. And we are all accountable for everything we say, these guys are especially responsible. I actually like Biden and think he is more qualified than Obama. But he won't be setting any of thepolicies, that will fall to the extremely left leaning Obama, who I cannot seem to agree with on any issue. That is regardless of the radio stations I choose to listen to.

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Maybe you didn't understand what I said, afbl. I don't think any of that crap will matter to anyone other than the hate radio bunch or others that aren't going to be voting for Obama anyway. And I don't think the other side is going to be gaining any voters by repeating all that especially now that Obama and Biden have obviously gotten beyond all that?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hey, I didn't say it, the VP candidate did. And we are all accountable for everything we say, these guys are especially responsible. I actually like Biden and think he is more qualified than Obama. But he won't be setting any of thepolicies, that will fall to the extremely left leaning Obama, who I cannot seem to agree with on any issue. That is regardless of the radio stations I choose to listen to.

Ain't it amazing?!??!?!?!?! They didn't need any of our materials or tools to mend their own fences!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::coffee::clap::laugh2::coffee::salute:

Abbey Marie
08-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Told you he would pick a mature white male. People who though Obama would pick Hillary were waaay off in their judgment.

Side note: Biden is our Senator, and I've spoken to him extensively in his office in the Capitol. He is a very charming man, and as you all know, he has a lot of experience. The Dems would be better off if he was their candidate than the empty suit radical.

red states rule
08-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Told you he would pick a mature white male. People who though Obama would pick Hillary were waaay off in their judgment.

Side note: Biden is our Senator, and I've spoken to him extensively in his office in the Capitol. He is a very charming man, and as you all know, he has a lot of experience. The Dems would be better off if he was their candidate than the empty suit radical.

He is a nice guy, but he has provided the Republicans with hours of campaign ads.

He is just another tax and spend lib who supports the Dems war on the rich

Yurt
08-23-2008, 11:31 AM
does this mean the dems will retract their words about being too old to be president, biden is only 7 years younger than mccain...

08-23-2008, 11:41 AM

Well you should. Because if Rush is happy it means you guys just screwed yourself.

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Rush hasn't been accurate on anything I have ever seen, a'21.

Well you should. Because if Rush is happy it means you guys just screwed yourself.

He does have his, comparatively speaking, small audience to whom he titillates with his hate spew and negativisms but it's all a bunch of shit amongst educated and discerning people.

Is he now giving lessons on what to do with your mouth other than talk?

PostmodernProphet
08-23-2008, 02:55 PM
It's a good choice. An Obama-Biden ticket has more policy experience than a McCain-Anybody ticket. The Obama administration will be ready to go on day one.

yeah, as long as Obama doesn't stick his nose in everybody's way.....

Sitarro
08-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Rush hasn't been accurate on anything I have ever seen, a'21.

He does have his, comparatively speaking, small audience to whom he titillates with his hate spew and negativisms but it's all a bunch of shit amongst educated and discerning people.

Is he now giving lessons on what to do with your mouth other than talk?

20 million people that definitely vote, not exactly a small audience. I listen to him as often as possible so I guess you consider me uneducated, so be it. Having listened to him for over 13 years, I can tell you that he is far from negative and is nowhere close to the spewers of hate that the left employ.

Biden and Obama told numerous lies and exaggerations in their pathetic speeches today, if that is the best you guys have, I'm embarrassed for you.

Limbaugh would wipe the floor with these two lightweights in any debate forum. He and I could both whip Biden's ass on a golf course too.

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Limpdick can only survive in a market where he is either doing all the talking or controlling all the talking, zero. He tried it the other way and was almost immediately fired for his poor interviewing ethics and abilities.

20 million voters? Seriously, zero. Even you are smarter than that!!!!!!!!!!

Sitarro
08-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Limpdick can only survive in a market where he is either doing all the talking or controlling all the talking, zero. He tried it the other way and was almost immediately fired for his poor interviewing ethics and abilities.

20 million voters? Seriously, zero. Even you are smarter than that!!!!!!!!!!

Really, with his new contract he will have been paid a billion dollars, for his work, by it's end. If he didn't have an audience of this size, could he command that amazing amount of money? Those that don't admit his brilliance either don't really know of him or are simply jealous of his talent........ it's pathetic for you to continue on this bullshit lack of reasoning. Limbaugh has farted with more intelligent thought than Obama and Biden put together.

retiredman
08-23-2008, 07:15 PM
I think that Biden's early advocacy for a partitioning of Iraq was inspired foreign policy thinking.... Limbaugh would not have come up with that, that is for sure.

Dilloduck
08-23-2008, 08:47 PM
I think that Biden's early advocacy for a partitioning of Iraq was inspired foreign policy thinking.... Limbaugh would not have come up with that, that is for sure.

Cool--- maybe we can get Balkanization in the US !!!!!!!!

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 09:34 PM
P.T. Barnum of Barnum and Bailey Circus fame once said, "There is a fool born every minute".

Really, with his new contract he will have been paid a billion dollars, for his work, by it's end. If he didn't have an audience of this size, could he command that amazing amount of money? Those that don't admit his brilliance either don't really know of him or are simply jealous of his talent........ it's pathetic for you to continue on this bullshit lack of reasoning. Limbaugh has farted with more intelligent thought than Obama and Biden put together.

Limpdick proves the analogy continues to exist.

Anyone that could continue to listen to the venom, hate spew and disinformation of the Limpdick has far more problems than I am qualified to address.

retiredman
08-24-2008, 06:51 AM
Cool--- maybe we can get Balkanization in the US !!!!!!!!

stupid analogy. America was not trust together against our will by a victorious absentee power.

red states rule
08-24-2008, 07:45 AM
stupid analogy. America was not trust together against our will by a victorious absentee power.

How can you support Biden for VP? You have posted how you would never support any Dem who voted for the Iraq war

Or have you "refined" your position?

red states rule
08-24-2008, 07:45 AM
P.T. Barnum of Barnum and Bailey Circus fame once said, "There is a fool born every minute".

Limpdick proves the analogy continues to exist.

Anyone that could continue to listen to the venom, hate spew and disinformation of the Limpdick has far more problems than I am qualified to address.

How do you know what Rush talks about? You probably do not listen to his show, and get your "facts" from Soros funded sites like Media Matters

Psychoblues
08-25-2008, 01:35 PM
How do you know where I get my facts, dipshit?

How do you know what Rush talks about? You probably do not listen to his show, and get your "facts" from Soros funded sites like Media Matters

And what makes you think I am not aware of what the limpdick has to say?

Assume, makes an ass out of u and me, especially u, dipshit.

Double shot of Heaven Hill, Busch chaser, please,,,,,,,,,,,