PDA

View Full Version : John McCain: Confused About Putin

Joe Steel
08-23-2008, 05:14 AM
Now McCain says he knew Putin was a bad guy right from the start but that's not what the records says.

One of McCain's best lines is about Vladimir Putin. As McCain often says, "I looked into Mr. Putin’s eyes and I saw three things — a K and a G and a B.” This, of course, isn't just a shot at Putin but also at Bush, who famously declared upon meeting Putin in 2001 that he'd "looked the man in the eye" and "was able to get a sense of his soul." McCain tells us today that he knew Bush was wrong about Putin from the get go. But if that's the case, why didn't McCain say so at the time?

MATTHEWS: On a four-point system, how did the president do in Russia, on his trip to the re--meet Putin in Slovenia?

Sen. McCAIN: On Russia, I d--I give him very high marks.

MATTHEWS: What?

Sen. McCAIN: I--I give him an A. I'd give him an A.

When John Met Vlad (http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/08/21/when-john-met-vlad.aspx)

Is McCain too confused to remember?

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 05:19 AM
The Plank? LOL!

Once again partisanship trumps logic.

Joe Steel
08-23-2008, 06:02 AM
The Plank? LOL!

Once again partisanship trumps logic.

I applaud you for admitting it.

Gaffer
08-23-2008, 08:03 AM
I applaud you for admitting it.

She was referring to you numbnuts.

And the article refers to McCain's grading of Bush, not putin.

Your a real pinball wizard.

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 08:09 AM

He thinks he's clever, but continues to make a minimum contribution. He's definitely one to put on ignore.

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 08:22 AM
Surely you don't mean that, Kat??!???!!????!??!?!

He thinks he's clever, but continues to make a minimum contribution. He's definitely one to put on ignore.

Is it now the policy of the Board to advise members who to put on "ignore"? If I were the administrator that would happen maybe twice but certainly not the third time!!!!!!!!!!! People being placed on ignore is not healthy for the conversation or the board, IMHO.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Surely you don't mean that, Kat??!???!!????!??!?!

Is it now the policy of the Board to advise members who to put on "ignore"? If I were the administrator that would happen maybe twice but certainly not the third time!!!!!!!!!!! People being placed on ignore is not healthy for the conversation or the board, IMHO.

PB, I may speak as a poster, which is what I was doing. JS has proven over time to just post silly little comments, grand generalizations, and slurs against just about anything he doesn't agree with, (including military members this am, which you did a great job of reprimanding him about, to really no avail.)

I've always read your posts, I wouldn't put you on ignore, nor most. There comes a point though...

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 08:35 AM
I dig it, Kat, but I maintain my position as another poster. I certainly ignore some posters and some posts but I would never encourage anyone else to do the same. I just don't think it is healthy for the board when posters place each other in the "ignore" function and I don't think it is healthy for the posters to be advised by other posters as to what is and what ain't insofar as personal decisions about even other posters. I hope that came out correctly?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

PB, I may speak as a poster, which is what I was doing. JS has proven over time to just post silly little comments, grand generalizations, and slurs against just about anything he doesn't agree with, (including military members this am, which you did a great job of reprimanding him about, to really no avail.)

I've always read your posts, I wouldn't put you on ignore, nor most. There comes a point though...

Thanks for noticing on the other issue, Kat!!!!!!!!! I don't abide that sort of thing, like at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 08:39 AM
I dig it, Kat, but I maintain my position as another poster. I certainly ignore some posters and some posts but I would never encourage anyone else to do the same. I just don't think it is healthy for the board when posters place each other in the "ignore" function and I don't think it is healthy for the posters to be advised by other posters as to what is and what ain't insofar as personal decisions about even other posters. I hope that came out correctly?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

Thanks for noticing on the other issue, Kat!!!!!!!!! I don't abide that sort of thing, like at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the main we agree philosophically, I can do the same about skimming/ignoring posts; however when it raises one's blood pressure to no point, it seems an exercise in futility.

Sometimes it's too easy to take a crack at 'moderators' when they are functioning as members. You didn't see me say I think JS should be banned. Just saying... :coffee:

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Yes, m'am!!!!!!!

In the main we agree philosophically, I can do the same about skimming/ignoring posts; however when it raises one's blood pressure to no point, it seems an exercise in futility.

Sometimes it's too easy to take a crack at 'moderators' when they are functioning as members. You didn't see me say I think JS should be banned. Just saying... :coffee:

I'm on my 6th cup!!!!!!!:coffee:

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Yes, m'am!!!!!!!

I'm on my 6th cup!!!!!!!:coffee:

I'm on my second pot! LOL!

Psychoblues
08-23-2008, 08:57 AM
We've both been up all night, Kat, and I gotta lotta counteracting to do?!?!?!?!?!!?

I'm on my second pot! LOL!

Oh Lord, is there no help for us insomniacs?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:salute::coffee::clap::laugh2::coffee::salute:

Kathianne
08-23-2008, 09:03 AM
We've both been up all night, Kat, and I gotta lotta counteracting to do?!?!?!?!?!!?

Oh Lord, is there no help for us insomniacs?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:salute::coffee::clap::laugh2::coffee::salute:

Well I've been doing school stuff this past week. Yesterday I fell asleep around 7, woke up at 9 thinking it was 4 am. Got lots to do yet. Sigh.

Joe Steel
08-23-2008, 09:55 AM

Try again, dumbass.

I highlighted the relevant part.

Joe Steel
08-23-2008, 10:00 AM

Please.

Your postings are mostly pointless rambling and, frankly, I'm tired of trying to make sense of them.

April15
08-23-2008, 12:44 PM
John McCain, the poster boy for pre alzhiemers.